PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

absurdexposition

Taeter - Glorious Paraphilia CS (No Rent, 2016)

If Brainbombs were a PE project. First track is even trumpet / brass instrument manipulation and not electronics, perhaps?

Bizarre Uproar / Man Is The Bastard - Session of Extreme Nihilistic Horror / Sanctity of Oil 7" (DP, 1993)

Some of the earliest BU material and already it's showing signs of greatness. Not entirely perfect but when the thick and crumbling textures come in it's the familiar BU sound of 'extreme nihilistic horror' that has come to be expected from the project. I love all MITB material from when they were a traditional band but the early noise offerings weren't always that great and have left large gaps in my collection that I haven't really felt the need to fill (and perhaps never will). The short noise pieces between songs here are an exception to this and prove that they were indeed capable back then, even if these particular tracks don't really go anywhere (short tracks can do something, but they seem to fall short of that here). The second (the first being the MITB / Aunt Mary 7") of many more pairings to come over the years.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

cr

Apart from Evilfeast 2LP I'm also playing the whole Stiff Sanctorum discography. These tapes are all very impressive - in presentation and sound. I hope there will be more releases in the future!?

https://www.discogs.com/de/label/364700-Stiff-Sanctorum

SiClark

It's been quiet from lust vessel recently apart from the Grim tape they helped on. Hopefully more in the near future. Stiff Sanctorum label is great, will relisten to them next week.

Levas

Been going through piles of tapes lately. No need to describe everything, but few things stuck out. SSRI - Focalor. Excellent. And I was surprised by my own self - Maurizio Bianchi - Arkeomene. For some reason it's good! Not excellent, but good and listenable!

Kayandah

Bastard Noise - Our Earths Blood Japan Tour 2015
This tape contains two live sets with collaborations (Gov't Alpha and Mikawa) and seems to be the better for it in that it moves into the action faster than most live BN releases. As a novelty it is pretty interesting and from the insert seems there was two evenings of collab sets but the other night hasn't been released, would be interested to hear what it was like

Bastard Noise - Dedicated to Koji Tano
Another tape with two live sets, this more traditional BN. Frankly you know what you are going to get here and is it any different from the other live releases?

Don't get me wrong, I like BN and probably have far too many of their releases than I need, but if i listen to these again, I'd go for the Japan tour every time

absurdexposition

Quote from: Kayandah on November 01, 2017, 06:57:28 PM
Bastard Noise - Our Earths Blood Japan Tour 2015
This tape contains two live sets with collaborations (Gov't Alpha and Mikawa) and seems to be the better for it in that it moves into the action faster than most live BN releases. As a novelty it is pretty interesting and from the insert seems there was two evenings of collab sets but the other night hasn't been released, would be interested to hear what it was like

Bastard Noise - Dedicated to Koji Tano
Another tape with two live sets, this more traditional BN. Frankly you know what you are going to get here and is it any different from the other live releases?

Don't get me wrong, I like BN and probably have far too many of their releases than I need, but if i listen to these again, I'd go for the Japan tour every time

The Montreal show (Dedicated to Koji Tano) was pretty good but I found Wood's solo soundcheck to be better than the performance with Saunders. The tape also doesn't have the part with Wood's dedication to Seth Putnam.

I believe the second night from Japan is being released by Survivalist soon.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Zeno Marx

Artists who bought a single minute on those things were smart.

I remember liking that Sukora track, but my memory might not be serving me well.  I thought it was more like a minimalist Small Cruel Party, or in that organic vein of Hands To?  I do remember getting the Hermit/Sukora tape and not being impressed.  With not having listened to it in maybe two decades, I believe it was something like you'd find on Trente Oiseaux; so minimalist that you wouldn't be wrong to keep checking the tape deck to make sure its still running.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

urall

Hah i recently came across that first Anomalous Silencer comp CD at home again. I didn't put it on though, should revisit after reading that.

Deadpriest

Been playing a lot of death metal recently.
Some real highlights would be:

cephalotripsy
Artery Eruption
Disgorge (Mex)
Desecravity
Human Mincer
Gutrelal Slug
Hideous Divinity
Goratory
Cranial Engorgement
Lividity
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

ritualabuser

Ashmonger

Yana - Chimerism (CD, Freak Animal): First listen, really nice sounds, had 1 or 2 moments where I thought a certain part was dragging along a bit.

Sick Seed - Power Play (CD, Filth&Violence): Another great SS album. Don't know what else to say. Would be nice to know who this actually all is about though. Can someone help me out?

Bizarre Uproar - High Risk Lifestyle (CD, Filth&Violence): Great album, I feel it's more or less in the same style as the last, but more compressed. While Sikiöasenta was great in sounds and execution, it's simply too long to be really enjoyed in full. High Risk Lifestyle has a playing time of 40 minutes and it works much better.

Scatmother - Vaniticism (CD, Filth&Violence): Best Scatmother album yet? Only listened once unto now, but it certainly feels like it.

Tongue Kiss Hematoma (CD, Filth&Violence): Wasn't really into the sample song, but then I got the album through a trade and actually yes, this is good. Raw, harsh PE/Noise, well done. Classy themes too...

Plantation - God's Country (tape, Doomsday Elite): Ok, but with having most of his discography I somehow had the feeling that I've heard it all from this project. The whole Christian patriot touch is probably a somewhat original thematic choice, but I can do without that.

FreakAnimalFinland

TONGUE KISS HEMATOMA CD
Filth & Violence
I have pretty much same feelings with this as with Agonal Lust tape. In a way, it is pretty much exactly the way I like my p.e.. Raw, abusive, aggressive, filthy,... but also at the same time feels like it's little bit too much of what could be expected. So, basically it seems like need to give album some time and return when there has been lack of violent and noisy pe in the playlist, hah.. Vile teen girl abuse, date-rape, incest, trannies,.. Perfect example of the contemporary current of obvious p.e.. Explicit and obvious sound, vocals and artwork.

SICK SEED "Power Play" CD
Filth & Violence
What exactly makes Sick Seed stand out when compared to TKH? Many things! First of all, Sick Seed is rarely obvious. It may have rough subject matter, but sort of dilettantish approach. PPT's works may be occasionally vile and brutal, but also with diverse references to culture, art, movies, music, occult, esoteric, etc. Second is that Sick Seed has managed to develop his own style - or even many of them! Also rather unique ways of handling vocal pacing and intensity. All the imperfections in sound or arrangements contribute material to be more. A lot of releases that are done too safe start to be predictable.
This album appears thematically different from previous. Overall feel has something same, though. Both albums are like traditional music albums. 40 minutes length, with lots of "radio friendly" length tracks. In these two albums Sick Seed no longer has the music part of industrial music. It is clearly composed and arranged, as every track stands out as great piece of work.

BIZARRE UPROAR "High Risk Lifestyle" CD
Filth & Violence
New album is recorded live to tape recorder. Offers more fierce and ripping sound. Something people may have already hear in some of his recent live gigs. It is different from album before, yet goes into same category. Always slowly shifting and mutating sound of Bizarre Uproar will satisfy it's lovers and perhaps gain also listeners who prefer it a bit more ripping and harsher than few albums has been?

VERNICHTUNG DURCH ARBEIT "Hungertod" CD
Filth & Violence
I didn't care for the previous album. This is 10x better. It's not as well done and intense as TONGUE KISS HEMATOMA, but in this bleakness of crappy sound waste and atrocious document dialogues and starving skeletal artworks, it works for what it is. For fans of bleak and vile stuff.

ANENZEPHALIA "Programmatika" tape
Hospital
While new KE/HIL 12" and new GENOCIDE ORGAN 7" are extremely good, I still am rather disturbed about Anenzephalia being over. If you can blame some bands to too obvious, there is hardly anything obvious in Anenzephalia. This tape, collecting bits and pieces from 1989-2006 and mixed down 2016, just blows my mind. Artwork isn't good. Graphic design is rather horrid, but in it's themes, looks and spirit there is great feel of it being more than it feels like. While with some other releases my gut-feeling is exact the opposite.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

cr

I am just listening to the great Nyodene D - Edenfall CD.
Since there wasn't a release after 2015 (at least to my and Discogs' knowledge), I hope the project is still going!? Any future releases would be much appreciated.

Baglady

ALFARMANIA & PROIEKT HAT - Flugornas Herrar C88 (Styggelse)
This takes off where, relatively speaking, stripped down Mardrömd Dödsström ended, and peels off yet another couple of layers. Looking back at previous collaborations, it makes sense. From the raging Furyfication to this, each release has come one step closer to what seems to be there core of what the duo is about and what they're chasing. There's no noise clouding the vision here, giving what has always been their main guns and knives more room to shine. Although my mind wanders to the sort of atmospheres conjured up by, for example, John Mylotte and (an estranged and disillusioned) John Carpenter, this really sits in a place of its own. Flugornas Herrar is a long (88 minutes), slow and steady march into nothingness.  Might be my favorite collaboration from these two so far. The stunning artwork needs mentioning as well. My copy luckily came with an A3 poster of it.

deathcamp

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 09, 2017, 03:19:33 PM

ANENZEPHALIA "Programmatika" tape
Hospital
While new KE/HIL 12" and new GENOCIDE ORGAN 7" are extremely good, I still am rather disturbed about Anenzephalia being over. If you can blame some bands to too obvious, there is hardly anything obvious in Anenzephalia. This tape, collecting bits and pieces from 1989-2006 and mixed down 2016, just blows my mind. Artwork isn't good. Graphic design is rather horrid, but in it's themes, looks and spirit there is great feel of it being more than it feels like. While with some other releases my gut-feeling is exact the opposite.

Sorry but I am not sure to understand... Worth buying or not? Their performance during the Tesco fest was so impressive that I would like to have a complete collection...
Thanks for your thoughts about VERNICHTUNG DURCH ARBEIT, will check it!