Special Interest
October 19, 2018, 07:22:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 476
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 1998188 times)
FallOfNature
moderate user

« Reply #6600 on: October 14, 2017, 05:24:20 AM »

I know the "Fire" tape from Exterminator quite well.

https://archive.org/details/Exterminator-Fire

More Exterminator and other projects by the same guy can be found on that site for anyone curious.

Currently revisiting lesser known Slaughter Prod releases; Teatro Satanico / Pervas Nefandum, Mortar, Crepuscule...

Crepuscule - Closing Wounds stands out to me from the rest, and has for some time. I can't put my finger on how he's made the sounds a lot of the time. Perhaps old tape machines, tape manipulations, directional mics, etc. I don't have a a real copy but the scans of the inserts that came with it are quite interesting. EVP, embalming procedures and so on.

Neanderthal

« Reply #6601 on: October 15, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »

Sewer Election & Schakalens Bror - Guitarred and Feathered Pt. I and II (Team Boro)

Wow, I'm obsessed. Not only do these tapes present lots of texture and variation but just the right track lengths & breaks. High frequencies are most predominant but the overall sound couldn't be more full and engaging.
I essentially discovered noise through really loud and noisy forms of guitar work so I guess I'm biased in loving these two tapes. Call me naive but I haven't heard many other releases that present noise in this fashion - Skullflower is the only act that comes to mind but I'm not quite sure Bower ever went to the 'harsh' lengths found on these tapes... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe Pt. II can still be acquired from the label - DO IT. & Definitely check out Schakalens Bror if you want your noise sourced primarily from guitar and devoid of any tropes, his concepts deal with hockey and semi-trucks. Sign me up for more. And more. And more. And more.
(I am trying to acquire Complete Open Ice Obliteration and Truck Cabin Fever!)
schakalensbror.bandcamp.com
Baglady
Heavy user

« Reply #6602 on: October 15, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »

Sewer Election & Schakalens Bror - Guitarred and Feathered Pt. I and II (Team Boro)
I believe Pt. II can still be acquired from the label - DO IT.

Glad you appreciate my label. It's actually sold out from me now. Music Lovers Records still has a bunch of now sold out Team Boro titles though (SE&SB Pt II, Peoples Person, Kakerlak etc.), and the jackal himself has some very limited odd things in stock. Tordon might have a tape or two as well.
https://www.discogs.com/seller/musicloversrecords/profile

There will most likely be a Guitarred And Feathered Pt. III at some point. Don't know when though. It all depends on when Dan J has a hunch and calls for a recording session.
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6603 on: October 15, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »

Various - Exasperations (Styggelse) - single sided tape, C46

This is great, fantastic compilation. The winner here for me is Treriksröset. But this could change after further listenings. All tracks are of high quality.
Get it if you don't have it already.

https://www.discogs.com/de/Various-Exasperations/release/10269737
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6604 on: October 15, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »

Right now after the Exasperations tape I'm listening to Military Position - Black Noise.
Simple conclusions - M.P. is great as always, and all hail to Trapdoor Tapes!

Though what occupied my player the most the last week, was Mania - Little pieces of violence. No further explanation needed. Simply worshipping this project.

And hey, Bitewerks, did you ever consider to make a book or a larger publication for your collage works?
monotome
moderate user

« Reply #6605 on: October 15, 2017, 08:13:00 PM »

Bloated Backdoor ‎– Bad Ass Procrastination (CS, aufname + wiedergabe)
fuck yes, this is the good shit. I know aufname + wiedergabe mostly for it's techno, this is very different. It begins with the rough cut & paste collage artwork and with songtitles like Bleeding Gums and R.F. Appreciation Societee you know it. Vile and agitated post-punk with a lot of noises and electronics with stark humor and nihilistic attitudes. Have to point out the low volume levels though, on Side A it's doable but on side B I have to turn my gain to +15 and it's still to quiet. Have to re-dub it myself I guess.

Crow - C-Bank (CS, NOSTILEVO)
Also post-punk, sometimes, but this is less straight forward, sometimes. Begins with a more experimental sound and resolves into post-punk on side A, and side B is a more drowned out song. I like the songs, but there is sometimes a digital glitch / whitenoise sound effect on top of the mix which is really out of place and horrible. Don't think I will ever hear this one again.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:18:03 PM by monotome » Logged
gabalgabow
user

« Reply #6606 on: October 22, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »

INSANE ORDER

A grindcore band from north of France,
quite kicking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EinYjXnChPY

MORE THAN SOUNDS Blogzine:
https://morethansoundszine.blogspot.fr
burdizzo
user

« Reply #6607 on: October 22, 2017, 10:56:27 PM »

Straight Arm Salute/ Veri and Maa 7''
A little bit disappointed w/ SAS's side, which stylistically seems a bit of a relapse to the bare martial/ ambient and growling style of 'The New Rise Of NS', rather than a step forward from the really rather good p.e. of 'Pelka Vihaa'. Not terrible, or anything, but just a bit unsubtle. Veri and Maa, meanwhile, have speeches/ lectures over strong industrial, or martial industrial , even, ambiences. Really nice. Plus their aesthetic is better - a period Aryan lady peering up to a swastika in their cross. Both reference Linkola, though Veri and Maa are less brutish about it. Look forward to something else from them.
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6608 on: October 25, 2017, 04:28:14 PM »

KONTINENT "No Reverse" tape
Unrest
Really nice and good heavy electronics. Electronics and structures are done with taste and care to detail.

MACRONYMPHA "III" tape
MSNP
Hardly any info about this. C-90 tape. Titled just "III" and has couple good KKK pics in it. Only info is crediting Stella and Roemer as makers. According to discogs, 30 copies made by Stella back in 2010. But I doubt it's ltd 30 as Stella has it still available, I doubt edition this small wouldn't sell in 7 years! See classifieds elsewhere on the forum. What is this material? New, old? I guess old. Blasting harsh noise. Good stuff all the way. It offers nothing extremely different or unusual, but simply good value for money in form of busy and aggressive harshness.

AGONAL LUST "Body Of Death" tape
USA power electronics, what looks and sounds that it could be strongly influenced by Alfarmania. Perhaps one element is Olsson's cover art, but also sound itself. Long brooding tracks with samples, synth patters, aggressive vocals shouting kind of last Deathpile or current Scatmother way of as-aggro-as-possible all the time. You can follow the lyrics, though. Listened this few times and I like what I hear. They seem to have clear idea what to do and how to get it done, but at the same time, at this moment material stands out most of all for being well done. Not for offering something what would appear more personal. It's sort of feeling, that when you got good usa harsh noise tape in mid 90's, that may have been great, but in other hand felt like it need more to stand out. As anonymous 2015+ postmortem tape of lust and death - of course satisfactory to those who appreciate style.

SIEGE ELECTRONICS "New Resistance" tape
Gutter Disease
While Agonal Lust takes good care of all detail of sound and presentation, Siege Electronics to me is sort of hit & miss project. At best, it sounds like it is the Uk reposnse for Operation Cleansweep and Sektion B kind of stuff. And in other hand, it feels as if there was a bit too much of cliches combined with nearly glitchy sounding software(?) and multi-efx unit oscillations. As I like the style of "heavy electronics", Siege Electronics has often - and this time too - offered enough to be decent listening. But if looking from objectively...  If the electronics are missing all the good taste and utmost care presented by projects like Kevlar, and also missing the skill of fine detail like Agonal Lust...  Nevertheless, heavy harmonic bolts of synth-electronics layered with samples and vocals about topics people like myself tend to be interested in. What else one needs? Just to do it little better I guess! Little bit more of own identity never hurts.

H.Ö.H. "Random bursts 16-17" tape
Unofficial tape, not meant for circulation. 2016 and 2017 this project issued some tapes and these are some of the "leftovers" what didn't fit to tapes. Why left overs? Who knows. It is of course artists duty to be the one to decide when tape is complete, but these short tracks - by outsiders perception - could have fitted in other tapes. And that means: They rule. Anyone who have been exposed to ultra simplistic and broken crude gutter noise of this project, should be satisfied. And curiously, it is not even merely "more of the same", but really giving rather distinctive bursts recorded on both sides. Lets hope this material emerges part of some actual release!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
ritualabuser

« Reply #6609 on: October 26, 2017, 02:20:07 AM »

Any contact for the Agonal Lust tape? Looks self-released and has already reached judeoprices on discocks.
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6610 on: October 26, 2017, 02:27:16 AM »

Any contact for the Agonal Lust tape? Looks self-released and has already reached judeoprices on discocks.

AGONAL LUST tape:

http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=8285.0
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #6611 on: October 27, 2017, 05:26:37 PM »

Taeter - Glorious Paraphilia CS (No Rent, 2016)

If Brainbombs were a PE project. First track is even trumpet / brass instrument manipulation and not electronics, perhaps?

Bizarre Uproar / Man Is The Bastard - Session of Extreme Nihilistic Horror / Sanctity of Oil 7" (DP, 1993)

Some of the earliest BU material and already it's showing signs of greatness. Not entirely perfect but when the thick and crumbling textures come in it's the familiar BU sound of 'extreme nihilistic horror' that has come to be expected from the project. I love all MITB material from when they were a traditional band but the early noise offerings weren't always that great and have left large gaps in my collection that I haven't really felt the need to fill (and perhaps never will). The short noise pieces between songs here are an exception to this and prove that they were indeed capable back then, even if these particular tracks don't really go anywhere (short tracks can do something, but they seem to fall short of that here). The second (the first being the MITB / Aunt Mary 7") of many more pairings to come over the years.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:30:21 AM by absurdexposition » Logged

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
http://www.screamandwrithe.com
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6612 on: October 29, 2017, 06:07:57 PM »

Apart from Evilfeast 2LP I'm also playing the whole Stiff Sanctorum discography. These tapes are all very impressive - in presentation and sound. I hope there will be more releases in the future!?

https://www.discogs.com/de/label/364700-Stiff-Sanctorum
Si Clark
Diehard user

« Reply #6613 on: October 29, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »

It's been quiet from lust vessel recently apart from the Grim tape they helped on. Hopefully more in the near future. Stiff Sanctorum label is great, will relisten to them next week.

Levas
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #6614 on: October 30, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »

Been going through piles of tapes lately. No need to describe everything, but few things stuck out. SSRI - Focalor. Excellent. And I was surprised by my own self - Maurizio Bianchi - Arkeomene. For some reason it's good! Not excellent, but good and listenable!

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 476
  Print  

Jump to: