PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 06, 2017, 05:27:47 PM
CRYPTOFASCISME "La Bombe A Francaise" tape
VIOLENT SHOGUN -tape
self released
Guy who is also on this forum, not sure does he want to be identified with these works, but probably no secret? Accompanying letter said that there are just dubs made for me, and not actual releases since he doubts anyone would care.
Well, I could convince different! While lay-out has little punk-esque feel, musically, these works has been really killer stuff. Not harsh noise. Not straight out power electronics. But something what falls into old spirit of industrial-experimental-postmortem tape culture. French nuclear experiments in algerian deserts is accompanied with suitable music.
Both of releases operate on rather basic tools. Loops, electronics, samples, etc etc. But at least dubbed on tape, really neat "hand made" feel to material. Not too fancy effects. Not too carefully edited. It doesn't have the brute tough guy element, but it looks into somehow controversial moments in history of mankind, from perspective of its creator.
Both tapes are different, but also have some similar qualities to them. Violent Shogun with synth, tapes, loops, etc. At first I felt that this could be quite close to Mark Solotroff Surgigal Stainless Steel, but then it got more diverse.
Both tapes have covers, so if one is interested, I strongly recommend to get in touch with this guy. Also labels seeking for something new - stuff easily beats many of cd's put out these days!

Sounds good enough, I'm interested. Any contact available? Thanks

Theodore

Quote from: cr on October 06, 2017, 09:25:52 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 06, 2017, 05:27:47 PM
CRYPTOFASCISME "La Bombe A Francaise" tape
VIOLENT SHOGUN -tape
self released
Guy who is also on this forum, not sure does he want to be identified with these works, but probably no secret? Accompanying letter said that there are just dubs made for me, and not actual releases since he doubts anyone would care.
Well, I could convince different! While lay-out has little punk-esque feel, musically, these works has been really killer stuff. Not harsh noise. Not straight out power electronics. But something what falls into old spirit of industrial-experimental-postmortem tape culture. French nuclear experiments in algerian deserts is accompanied with suitable music.
Both of releases operate on rather basic tools. Loops, electronics, samples, etc etc. But at least dubbed on tape, really neat "hand made" feel to material. Not too fancy effects. Not too carefully edited. It doesn't have the brute tough guy element, but it looks into somehow controversial moments in history of mankind, from perspective of its creator.
Both tapes are different, but also have some similar qualities to them. Violent Shogun with synth, tapes, loops, etc. At first I felt that this could be quite close to Mark Solotroff Surgigal Stainless Steel, but then it got more diverse.
Both tapes have covers, so if one is interested, I strongly recommend to get in touch with this guy. Also labels seeking for something new - stuff easily beats many of cd's put out these days!

Sounds good enough, I'm interested. Any contact available? Thanks

Well, i am interested too. For the first Cryptofascisme tape as well, after reading the reviews here, but in his post said the tape was only for trade, and since i am just a "consumer" , not much willing to part with other releases i bought, i let it. Second tape, second good review, time to contact to ask.

So some care, 2 for sure hehe, i guess probably more. No idea if enough for a "proper" release but some more dubs are needed.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Euro Trash Bazooka

Dang, thanks a lot for the kind words, Mikko.

The projects and releases aren't really secret but more lowkey stuff which I tend to send or trade with friends or people whom I think might be interested. That being said, if anyone's interested, it's available for everyone, hah.

In order to not disturb the current topic, I made a proper one in the correct sub forum: http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=8331.0

Thank you.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Baglady

V/A - Tearing The Wings Off Butterflies C90 (Taint Entertainment)
Finally caught this white whale of mine, and it didn't set me back as much as I had expected. Maybe not as insanely good as the more well known compilations of the same era, but not that far behind. EVIL MOISTURE, AMK, INCAPS, MACRO, MSBR, CON-DOM, BEAULIEAU, TAINT, SMELL & QUIM, SUDDEN INFANT, AUBE, PUTREFIER, THIRDORGAN, ORIFICE TRAINING, CCCC and HUMAN SKIN LANTERNS... Can't go wrong with that mix! Solid blend of damaged tape fuckery, all out blasting and crumbling muddy destruction. I know some tracks from this comp has been lifted for separate artist "best of's" (CON-DOM and PUTREFIER at least), but those aside, this was all fresh material to these ears. There are no given favorites here, I love all of it, but the rather unusual MSBR piece really got me with it's almost '80s approach. And SUDDEN INFANT took me by surprise, as I usually am not too fond of them. And the THIRDORGAN track is such a ripper! And ORIFICE TRAINING... Beautiful to look at as well; hand painted A5 envelope with a 16 page xerox art booklet.

DANIEL RIZER - Contaminated Time LP (Skeleton Dust)
Such a great record. And a nice vinyl debut for Skeleton Dust! Sort of Dillowayesque looped tape mayhem, yet still not at all. Hard to pin down. Just very captivating, patiently building noise that's always on the verge of falling apart, yet it somehow stays together until the very last few minutes. I don't think this has sold very well? Weird, if that's the case. Deserves its space in every crate.

bitewerksMTB

STRIATIONS "To Know Mercy" 2LP (Breathing Problem Prod.)-forget that bump stock, they're not worth the money they're currently fetching. Instead pick up this 45rpm cut double record set of well-crafted sex crime power electronics. It's great! Striations uses varying styles of vocals along with heavy, synth-electronic sounds, & acoustic noise with his samples and loops from documentaries & news broadcasts (along with dialogue from "LHOTL"). The overall sound quality is impressive and the damn thing is such a reasonable price that you'd have to be stupid as shit to pass it up. Go. Now. Buy. Definitely will be on a lot of Top 100 lists for 2017.

absurdexposition

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 25, 2017, 03:46:01 PM
Quote from: absurdexposition on August 24, 2017, 05:43:24 AM
Bastard Noise & Outermost - Cauldron of Fire 7" (2000, DP)
Eric Wood has stated that this collaboration is his personal favourite BN release. Perhaps rightfully so, but at 45RPM it's all over so quickly there's hardly time to grasp anything. The noise 7" is a strange beast.

Don't remember well how that was, but this:
Outermost /  Bastard Noise  ‎– Studies Of Space And Sorrow 7"
New 2017 collaboration, and it I just last week wrote to Wood to express my view that this must be best BN stuff in recent years. It's not that it would be something dramatically different. We have the trademark bastard noise oscillations etc, but Outermost electronics are dirtier and there is some effect/processing on vocal sound too, not just slight reverb. Small details - but within noise, those are what matter! 4 tracks. Goes very fast, but nothing prevents few more spins of both sides!

Just gave this a spin. I think it's better than their first 7" together. As you said, it's certainly not anything different, but the brief 45RPM 7" format allows them to just cut to the chase and be done with it. Likely wouldn't have picked this up if it wasn't for your review as BN has been feeling a bit redundant to me over the past few years.

Incapacitants / Kazumoto Endo 7" (1997, Gentle Giant)
Incapacitants side immediately cuts in and sounds like a torrent of screams behind a wall of radio static, fitting for the season of endless horror movie viewings, and then it cuts out. Endo's side has more short bursts, a bit of crunch near the start even, and it sounds like the devices are falling apart by the very end. A very quick listen.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Kim V

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 07, 2017, 09:19:53 PM
STRIATIONS "To Know Mercy" 2LP (Breathing Problem Prod.)-forget that bump stock, they're not worth the money they're currently fetching. Instead pick up this 45rpm cut double record set of well-crafted sex crime power electronics. It's great! Striations uses varying styles of vocals along with heavy, synth-electronic sounds, & acoustic noise with his samples and loops from documentaries & news broadcasts (along with dialogue from "LHOTL"). The overall sound quality is impressive and the damn thing is such a reasonable price that you'd have to be stupid as shit to pass it up. Go. Now. Buy. Definitely will be on a lot of Top 100 lists for 2017.

Ordered this one as well. Hope customs don't annoy me over it. Was too late to get my hands on the tape back when it was released, glad to see it reissued!!
you're just a victim of yourself

FreakAnimalFinland

Was searching if there was topic more suitable for oddities of spoken word... but perhaps just add in playlist!

Got in mail handmade package with D.Coelacanth CDR and tape. What exactly is title of each release, who knows.
CDR has sticker saying "Tony Eats Screws" and tape has rubber stamped "Bleak On The Mountain ghouls worry about their milk" and over recycled readers digest tape, there is stickers saying "Juicy bulb and the scheduled tombs". Inside j-card sticker "In the midlands everyone jerks on the private towpath". All the stuff was packaged in spraypainted ziplock bag, where sprayed stencil text says "eerie stink".

What we have here is pretty amazing stuff. I don't know wether the man behind these wants to be talked about, considering he has worked pretty anonymously for decades and spawned some of the more retarded and odd noisy stuff in UK. What I can somehow use as reference is Bryan Lewis Saunders and some spoken pieces of Eric Lunde. It is not the same though. What we have here, is sound collage made out of vintage dictaphone style lo-fi spoken fragments, seemingly unrelated. Their length and subject matter is just like the stickers and stamps quote above. He might just blurt out two words, before it cuts to next. Sound quality varies, adding neat artistic flavor to it. Even few noisier moments and couple movie dialogue cut ups appear. It has something very british in it. Of course accent, and oddity of vocabulary. Absurd and bizarre humor teamed up with nasty and smelly. It's editing is almost like listening old Masonna. Fast cuts ups of crazy lines bombard you non-stop. Stuff like this couldn't be made by the regular dude out there. It requires totally unique person to come up with something like this.

If you happen to see it somewhere, strongly recommended!

FILTHY TURD "Equine muck" CDR
It's been a while since heard new FT! Utterly primitive, out of this world gutter noise that makes even H.Ö.H. appear complex or hi-tech! If it would be anything else than CDR, it would get more points from me. Difference between pro-cdr and cd is so drastic on the feeling. If this would be CD, would be even better, since one thing that makes gutter noise always better is being on CD or LP what boosts the level of absurdity. Of course anyone can put dirt online or burn cdr of it. But to trust on speciality and unexplained spirit of gutter noise enough to spend hundreds of euros to press it... then it always adds another level.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Peterson

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 11, 2017, 04:25:11 PM
Got in mail handmade package with D.Coelacanth CDR and tape. What exactly is title of each release, who knows.

Stuff like this couldn't be made by the regular dude out there. It requires totally unique person to come up with something like this.

My copy arrived yesterday and it is indeed an impressive and unique surprise. Enjoyable and "fun," too!

W.C. "Live Stream" CS (Trapdoor Tapes)
        Probably a soundboard recording of apparently the only WC live performance. Good, if not quite menacingly loud soud, probably more due to the nature of the recording. First A-side track had me thinking the studio recordings were far superior, but by the second, I'd reconsidered that judgement. Very nice duel/duo vocal approach with detailed yet simple (read: no walls, no tencho beats) synth electronics brought to mind early '90's to 00's Whitehouse and maybe Deathpile.
   Good stuff but not a ton of variation and may not win over new listeners compared to their full-length on Finders or the Scatmother split (which I thought was pretty damned good). Obviously would have been a different experience having actually been there. But nevertheless they clearly took the time to somewhat recreate their recorded sound live which some projects take forever to achieve. And kudos to them for not relying on wall noise or feedback which are not bad things, but still overused in PE.

Ottaven "Endless Loops From Morocco" 2xCS (Second Sleep)
        Looped field recordings with a sound collage approach that has musical elements, but is not quite music. Something like an audio walking tour of places the person behind the recordings went. Busy public locations, street performers, conversations, various music fragments at various distances, unidentifiable electrical noises, wind rustling against microphone.
        First half of first tape emphasizes sound/voice, second half emphasizes rhythm/melody, then inverts formula toward end. Second tape basically follows that same formula, but switches from loop to loop more quickly, slowing down to focus on especially nice moments. Certain sections are not loops at all, but sound fragments that function as interludes. Some parts sound more like a Boss looping device or something, other sound like reel-to-reel loops. Some parts reappear much later after their first instance.
        Pretty enjoyable "travelogue" sound collage. Good stuff if not a guarantee for frequent returns. Oh, and "endless" is obviously false advertisement, but I get the idea: very "ambient" in the sense of the adjective, and not the genre. Give me this kind of thing over some one-note droning or bass-heavy static any day of the week.

Current Worming "2" CS (Dogmatics In Outline)
        More brittle contact mic scrape and abrasive tape-driven frequencies from this Canadian (?) project. Seems like there's some interesting pitch-speed and warping happening on side A (vacuum-like hum and stuttering, tinny metal textures). Reminds me of earlier Wince stuff but "restrained." Side B is somewhat the same but heavier and more "harmonic" than the A-side, maybe using a condenser mic instead, then transitioning to some really nice BT. HN.-type synth/filter work. Unexpectedly, some mosquito-industrial drone interrupts late in the game. Some unintelligible vocals, even, then very nice "Death Penalty" static. This is enjoyable but somewhat uneven/lopsided in distribution of focus/intention of sound, so perhaps the least/lesser of the four Current Worming tapes. Still good stuff, best project from the label.  Somehow doubt the possibility but hope to see more nonetheless.

Looking forward to some stuff from Throne Heap, too...

Baglady

There will be more Current Worming quite soon. Looking forward to it! I've enjoyed everything Greg has recorded so far, and he just keeps getting better, I think. I'm keeping fingers crossed for a full length LP or CD at some point.

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: Baglady on October 11, 2017, 07:22:05 PM
There will be more Current Worming quite soon. Looking forward to it! I've enjoyed everything Greg has recorded so far, and he just keeps getting better, I think. I'm keeping fingers crossed for a full length LP or CD at some point.

Great news. A tape album would rule.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Deadpriest

Proper into stuff on the Bandcamp label/webstore Karl Smchmidt Verlag lots of stuff Featuring Tom Smith all pretty fucking nuts. I recommend
https://tomsmithksv.bandcamp.com/
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Duncan

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 11, 2017, 04:25:11 PM
Was searching if there was topic more suitable for oddities of spoken word... but perhaps just add in playlist!

CDR has sticker saying "Tony Eats Screws" and tape has rubber stamped "Bleak On The Mountain ghouls worry about their milk" and over recycled readers digest tape, there is stickers saying "Juicy bulb and the scheduled tombs". Inside j-card sticker "In the midlands everyone jerks on the private towpath". All the stuff was packaged in spraypainted ziplock bag, where sprayed stencil text says "eerie stink".

What we have here is pretty amazing stuff. I don't know wether the man behind these wants to be talked about, considering he has worked pretty anonymously for decades and spawned some of the more retarded and odd noisy stuff in UK. What I can somehow use as reference is Bryan Lewis Saunders and some spoken pieces of Eric Lunde. It is not the same though. What we have here, is sound collage made out of vintage dictaphone style lo-fi spoken fragments, seemingly unrelated. Their length and subject matter is just like the stickers and stamps quote above. He might just blurt out two words, before it cuts to next. Sound quality varies, adding neat artistic flavor to it. Even few noisier moments and couple movie dialogue cut ups appear. It has something very british in it. Of course accent, and oddity of vocabulary. Absurd and bizarre humor teamed up with nasty and smelly. It's editing is almost like listening old Masonna. Fast cuts ups of crazy lines bombard you non-stop. Stuff like this couldn't be made by the regular dude out there. It requires totally unique person to come up with something like this.

Listening to the tape now. Good fun.  I don't know if anonymity is a deliberate thing here but it's a pretty hopeless attempt if so!  This thing is covered in the DNA of its creator and, of course, all the better for it.  It feels almost like some kind of exercise in therapy - to mutter one's weird vocal urges and brain noise into a dictaphone and just put the results on a different tape.  Obviously, though, without any clear objective other than to spill out more artifacts from the bent, imaginary world he lives in.

This actually reminds me of a one off (I think?) recording that appeared on a website years ago related to this artist in collaboration with another British artist who is criminally under the radar.  Weird, nonsensical word soups collaged and cross faded together, accompanied by this amazing spiel on the website about the two guys getting locked into a 3 day bender in an old furniture shop with the imaginary owner.  So great.

FreakAnimalFinland

DISCORDANCE "Ripper" tape
Labyrinth Recordings
Old good Discordance stuff from 1997! It was reissued on 50 copies cdr 2008. Perhaps another 10 year gap indicates stuff could use proper CD pressing? Is it that good - someone may ask. I'd say it is. While Discordance aimed to be, according to some liner notes, pretty much just Whitehouse fan-project, it doesn't sound like that. Tracks like Cunt skin, Make her bleed, Murder season,... how could not I love it? Brutal electronics, short and to-the-point tracks. Good stuff!

V/A "Around the dragon broken neck hangs the medal of saint lazarus" 2xtape
Hospital
Alberich, Lussuria, Contrepoison, FFH, Kama rupa, Prurient and Vatican Shadow. In many ways, this must be Fernow's vision where he gets few friends to submit stuff too. Conceptual, but nothing too obvious. Mix of electronics, noise and electronic music. I guess some Contrepoison tracks were put out as 12" too? Same versions? I must say that while this is good stuff, a bit too much techno for me now. More into harder and noisier at the moment...

KAKERLAK "Motel Dwelling" 3xtape
Harsh Head Rituals
And this one delivers if you want it harsh. I guess this is just about projects busiest era. 2006-2007. After 2009 there's only handful of small releases. It is quite curious that project could go for well over decade, not having on proper CD or LP out. Beyond split with pic LP with Macronympha. Not sure if it is artists own wish to not make CD album, but fuck, harsh noise this good, seems little odd to remain now mostly available on tapes sold at... gigs only?

DIES "Credule" cd
Power And Steel
Guy behind Nature & art is Dies. Cover of releases says this is Power And Steel label's cd-01, but discogs list is as P-A-S-03. I like releases such as this. In some ways, there is very little to celebrate here. It's not phenomenal, but quite anonymous, nicely packaged, industrial stuff. Only sample track I could find, is nowhere near best stuff found on album. Could be among weaker tracks. There are much noisier stuff, but also great monotonic machine rhythms. Not so "beat oriented", yet highly rhythmic. This goes well together with other slightly obscure 90's bands that have been forgotten since...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ivXmh13qI 
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

absurdexposition

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 12, 2017, 04:41:03 PM
KAKERLAK "Motel Dwelling" 3xtape
Harsh Head Rituals
And this one delivers if you want it harsh. I guess this is just about projects busiest era. 2006-2007. After 2009 there's only handful of small releases. It is quite curious that project could go for well over decade, not having on proper CD or LP out. Beyond split with pic LP with Macronympha. Not sure if it is artists own wish to not make CD album, but fuck, harsh noise this good, seems little odd to remain now mostly available on tapes sold at... gigs only?

I tend to agree. There's pretty good demand for Kakerlak tapes. Whenever I manage to get distro copies they sell almost instantly, and it's not long before Discogs prices reflect that. Proper album is long overdue.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com