Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpriest

Trepaneringsritualen: Judas Goat
Sissy Spaceck: Grsip
Bloated Subumans: Commemoration
Grey Wolves:Division
Hair Police: The certainty Of Swarms

I felt more than a little slighted by a comment today that I should just stick to gorenoise, like I'm some sort of troglodyte, stuff isn't even that good to me, just on occasion, so I felt like I had to mix it up.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Peterson

Quote from: Deadpriest on September 19, 2017, 08:14:13 PM
Trepaneringsritualen: Judas Goat
Sissy Spaceck: Grsip
Bloated Subumans: Commemoration
Grey Wolves:Division
Hair Police: The certainty Of Swarms

I felt more than a little slighted by a comment today that I should just stick to gorenoise, like I'm some sort of troglodyte, stuff isn't even that good to me, just on occasion, so I felt like I had to mix it up.

Serves you right if something as simple as a normal response to a bit of a precarious inquiry gets your panties in a bunch. No offense, but you bring up contentious topics on a forum and that's what happens. Happens to nearly anyone. I'd say you should know that, but apparently...

ANYway,

Mercury Hall "Library's Bells" 4xCS (Second Sleep)
          Excellent set of musique concrete tracks constructed from very simple but catchy field recording loops, I think I hear some tape echo on certain pieces. Piano sounds, room reverb, clanking, snippets of voice of passers-by. This probably won't disappoint any fans of Mercury Hall sound-wise, but I will bitch and moan that each tape is only a C10. At 40 mins. total, that's not insufficient, but I thought I was gonna end up with 60 or 80 minutes total.

No Heat "In The Shadow Of Paradise" CS (Prime Ruin)
         Really good stuff from Alex York and another bandmate who's project name escapes me. Very minimal, almost-abstract take on industrial that borders occasionally on drone. Very stylish and uncommon approach to vocals, wherein I can't tell if this was recorded live or "assembled." Wasn't crazy about 100% of the lyrics, but the better ones are truly good/weird. Lots of pulsing, thumping, and semi-distorted drones. Effective simplicity.

Alex York "Implicit Memory" CS (self-released)
          Short tape (C20-25?) of two side-length musique concrete tracks in 60s/70s style, filtered through that obscure/low-fidelity '80s/'90s sensibility (Hanged Man's Orgasm, If Bwana, etc). Catchy stuff that seems to mostly rely on edits and loops but never really achieves a sense of rhythm, which I dig. As far as the source sounds, I'm in the middle as to whether they originated elsewhere or were generated by Mr. York and cut to bits for these purposes. Warped piano and keyboard tones, unidentifiable background noises, snippets seemingly from TV and radio further messed with on tape, odd cuts of interjecting shouts. Really good stuff. I have yet to hear material from this guy I don't like.

Deadpriest

Quote from: Peterson on September 19, 2017, 10:39:37 PM
I'd say you should know that, but apparently..

I find it difficult seeing perspective in things (also I compulsively make bad decisions) but it does indeed serve me right, I am an adult after all and should be held to normal standards.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

ConcreteMascara

Zyklon SS - Live In Finland 2016 (cassette)
Excellent live recording, vocals are top-fucking-notch. the live version of Bring Back the Camps is so goddamn perfect. I wish my live recording had this level of punch.

otherwise mostly metal, especially Mortician for the past few weeks.
Mortician - Domain of Death LP
Mortician - Hacked Up For Barbecue 2xLP
- the best
Mortician - Final Bloodbath Session CD
Incantation - Profane Nexus LP
- solid stuff. obviously it's not the dank Incantation of yore but it's damn good death metal, the b-side tracks being especially strong.
Vasaeleth - All Uproarious Darkness mLP
Orchidectomy - A Prelate's Attrition CD
- the only slam death metal album you need.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

HONOR_IS_KING!

Starcave - Demo 1 Quite a unique take on black metal. The icy, icy guitar with weird deathrock/goth basslines. Maybe the "catchiest" BM I have ever listened to. Perfect length for a "demo" (I feel like bands like to throw this word around for kvlt status truth be told), but I'm excited for whatever is in the works next for these folks.

Void Prayer - Stillbirth From The Psychotic Void Another excellent and interesting take on BM. Excellent BM from muslims, if not the best really (this is me assuming they aren't Serbs or Croatian). Feels sloppy but in an intentional way with really eerie passages in their tracks. Also the Intro and Outro are extremely well done and I enjoy listening to them unlike most attempts made by other BM acts.

Buried at Sea - Migration One of the heaviest, darkest doom albums ever written. From the opening punch (I would love to know how that sound actually made, i have never heard anything like it in my life), to the Sunn O))) heaviness of the opening riff on the second track followed up by the effected vocals that follow......just like drowning eternally, not in a minute, but much, much longer.

Apollo Brown - Grandeur Another knock out from one of the best producers of the Detroit Hip Hop sound. Beautiful, masterful sampled beats featuring excellent MC's. The two standouts are of course the tracks featuring Westsidegunn and Sean Price (but then again I like the "bad guy" rappers of course, fuck a migos forever). The Sean Price verse "Yesman Shit" is nothing short of inspirational and I appreciate his words more and more as time goes on. If you like J-Dilla, I can't suggest this enough.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

AXNAAR

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on September 21, 2017, 08:59:51 PM
Zyklon SS - Live In Finland 2016 (cassette)
Excellent live recording, vocals are top-fucking-notch. the live version of Bring Back the Camps is so goddamn perfect. I wish my live recording had this level of punch.
I second this - easily as good as any of the studio tapes.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Caverne - Aux Frontieres Du Monde French black metal that is so so so so so GOOD. I'm usually not a fan of clean singing in black metal but this guy pulls it off. Tracks that never seem too long ever, in fact they could be longer really. I can't tell if there's any sort of "nationalism"/pride thing related with the album but at times it feels extremely passionate and heartfelt. If only the demos were as good as this album. Will be picking up the LP for my birthday next week.

Apollo Brown & Ghostface Killah - Twelve Ways To Die: The Brown Tape Apollo Brown coming hard again. This time mainly with the mighty Ghostface and the Wu-Tang crew. Focused on crime, talking about Tony Starks, cutting up bodies and disposing of them, doing time in prison (describing it, not just saying "I did time in prison"), all with a vibe of realness that I don't find too much in "extreme" music. I wish there was more 5% references but maybe its slipping by...more often then not I need to re listen and study the words closer when the Gods speak. All of this darkness of course accompanied by Apollo Brown's production that is a perfect accompaniment of sampled mastery...the sounds of the hustle in a big city, but not made by men in suits, just crooks and hooks.

PSALM 109

absurdexposition

Flooded Church of Asmodeus - No Parole from Satanic Underground CS
Been a while since I spent any time with this Ride for Revenge (and Bizarre Uproar) related project. Lo-fi bass and drum style band with samples from satanic horror films. Not on the same level as RFR, more of a casual approach, but still enjoyable. Both sides start off okay, but as they reach their climaxes they just descend into an extended track of thick and noisy madness. Totally sick.

Satan's Punishment: The Ultimatum CD and their Church of the Wrong side of the split with Necrocannibalistic Vomitorium also got plays, but that first tape is still the best. Still need to grip the new CD.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

bitewerksMTB

Swollen Organs "Resentment and Worthlessness" tape (Phage Tapes)- I was expecting full-on harsh noise or wall noise but S.O. does some rather slow moving PE here that completely reflects the title perfectly. It never gets in a rush or out of control and ends rather subdued. An extra 3-5 minutes on both sides would have been nice. Artwork looks like photos of guts n' goo, designed by a woman calling herself 'Roach' works well with the content, which, I"m not going to spoil too much. It's not too difficult to hear S.O. influences but he's not copying anyone on this release. Definitely worth checking out. Good, heavy, nasty, hissing white-noise electronics.

Mikerdeath

Defecation - Purity Dilution

Side project of Righteous Pigs and Napalm Death members, an album synthesizing ideas and riffs from previous bands and a good example of how grindcore music should sound.
Strangely never imitated or duplicated.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Vassafor - Obsidian Codex An extremely well calculated exploration of death, black, and doom metal. Dark, dark riffs with a very monolithic aura around the longer tracks. Almost as if I can sense a sort of dark spirituality surrounding this release. Shout out and respect to Phil, a true Z3eem in extreme music and one of the few like myself in a sea of others. I look forward to hearing the newest full length.

Slogun - Bloody Roots Slogun doing what Slogun does best. Vicious, short bursts of heavy electronics complimented with John's vocals. Love the "pretty" intro on "This Game I Play" gives a nice sense of fleeting happiness before John pulls the reigns back into brutality. Takes me back to the ill fated show Koufar played with them in Chicago. After seeing the savage in action, it is proof that Slogun is one of the realist out hands down and his recordings are the everlasting evidence.  

PSALM 109

Kayandah

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on September 22, 2017, 09:39:13 PM

Apollo Brown & Ghostface Killah - Twelve Ways To Die: The Brown Tape Apollo Brown coming hard again. This time mainly with the mighty Ghostface and the Wu-Tang crew. Focused on crime, talking about Tony Starks, cutting up bodies and disposing of them, doing time in prison (describing it, not just saying "I did time in prison"), all with a vibe of realness that I don't find too much in "extreme" music. I wish there was more 5% references but maybe its slipping by...more often then not I need to re listen and study the words closer when the Gods speak. All of this darkness of course accompanied by Apollo Brown's production that is a perfect accompaniment of sampled mastery...the sounds of the hustle in a big city, but not made by men in suits, just crooks and hooks.

If you like Apollo Brown production and social realist lyrics that I'd highly recommend Ugly Heroes. Nothing that innovates, just bleak old school hip-hop

Peterson

Cominform self-titled CS (NNP, 2017)
       Extra rough and blurry, simplistic "tape loop atrocities" (distributor description) that for a while are barely discernible as loops until rhythm is emphasized later, before some voice snippets kick in with skittery pitch-speed work.  Very nice warping that sounds "physical." Lots of bleed-through without much distinction between layers/details (which later is less the case, especially once some truly weird reverb effects kick in), and a nice sense of texture. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the sound was sourced from thrift store tapes or even the sound of tape machines themselves. Almost Haters-type stuff going early on the B-side, moving to more Sewer Election-ish territory. Has more dynamic differences between surface high details and bassy undercurrent than A-side...I'm actually somewhat confident the B-side is just a rearranged version of the A-side, about thirty minutes total. For fans of whirr, buzz, crunch, warble, flutter and squeal. Not quite as developed in terms of a specific sound, but may appeal to listeners of Shredded Nerve, Current Worming, what have you. Will follow in the future if there's more to come.

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: Peterson on September 27, 2017, 05:09:58 AM
Cominform self-titled CS (NNP, 2017)
       Extra rough and blurry, simplistic "tape loop atrocities" (distributor description) that for a while are barely discernible as loops until rhythm is emphasized later, before some voice snippets kick in with skittery pitch-speed work.  Very nice warping that sounds "physical." Lots of bleed-through without much distinction between layers/details (which later is less the case, especially once some truly weird reverb effects kick in), and a nice sense of texture. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the sound was sourced from thrift store tapes or even the sound of tape machines themselves. Almost Haters-type stuff going early on the B-side, moving to more Sewer Election-ish territory. Has more dynamic differences between surface high details and bassy undercurrent than A-side...I'm actually somewhat confident the B-side is just a rearranged version of the A-side, about thirty minutes total. For fans of whirr, buzz, crunch, warble, flutter and squeal. Not quite as developed in terms of a specific sound, but may appeal to listeners of Shredded Nerve, Current Worming, what have you. Will follow in the future if there's more to come.

Sounds ace from your description. I need it I guess.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

pentd

TORBA

ggran (2016)
gurvl (2017)

rewindin and replayin these... crude found sound collages... xlent shit!!