PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGRA

Quote from: RG on December 13, 2010, 07:13:34 AM
Quote from: UGRA on December 12, 2010, 08:50:40 PM
MGLA - Groza

Ugh, that album was a big disappointment. What in the hell happened? All the previous stuff had this wild-eyed intensity and fire, but then they release a debut album with plodding and yawn-inducing tracks. Hopefully they come out with a new album that returns to the earlier sound and fury, but if not I always have the Presence 12" and Mdłości 7"

Yeah, there is quite a few people that prefer Presence instead of Groza. Groza was my first introduction to the band, though, and I really enjoy it. It´s not groundbreaking, but the overall feeling is great in my opinion. For some reason, I still listen to Groza more than I use to listen to Presence.

By the way, today was "Martin Bladh´s Day" here: IRM "Oedipus Dethroned" (all time fave) / "Four Studies For Crucifixion" / "Order" + SKIN AREA "Journal Noir".

RyanWreck

Quote from: hannes on December 13, 2010, 09:25:50 PM
Marching Church, At Night, CS (Posh Isolation)
First heard MC on the Grå Fraktion L- compilation from Posh Isolation and I thought it was great, so I was really excited about this tape.
At first listen I wasn't sure what to think but after a while I was hooked, now I play it over and over. Reminds of Circle Of Ouroborus in some ways but more post-punkish.

It's a great tape. Did you get the actual cassette or the download from my blog (FuneralStench)? I personally feel that the rip is more ominous and dirtier, but in either case it is still one of the best "post-punk" styled album I have heard in quite while. I hear a little CoO and evn some earlier Nuit Noire, but this is not Black Metal. Like everyone else I hear Joy Division using a 4-track and with a pasr in Noiwe, with the vitriolic loathing of Brainbombs, and hell, I even hear a slower Raspberry Bulbs with a crooning, suicidal singer. I haven't heard many bands like this and, personally, I think their formula will take them far through hypocritical, lame, "holier-than-thou" scene they are working in. LP please!

Ashmonger

Steel Hook Prostheses - exploring the outer lesion (CD, Clinical Records): compilation of compilation and older tracks. Throughout this CD, I got the idea, that the SHP work all sounds very homogenous. In this case, I think that's a good fact, since I really like their style.

Sewer Goddess (LP, Baseborn Records): Double single sided LP. More straight on on this LP, not too many vocals either, which is a bit a pity, since I like her processed, sickly vocals. Good stuff, but not her best release, it seems to me.

hannes

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 14, 2010, 07:57:11 AM
Quote from: hannes on December 13, 2010, 09:25:50 PM
Marching Church, At Night, CS (Posh Isolation)
First heard MC on the Grå Fraktion L- compilation from Posh Isolation and I thought it was great, so I was really excited about this tape.
At first listen I wasn't sure what to think but after a while I was hooked, now I play it over and over. Reminds of Circle Of Ouroborus in some ways but more post-punkish.
It's a great tape. Did you get the actual cassette or the download from my blog (FuneralStench)? I personally feel that the rip is more ominous and dirtier, but in either case it is still one of the best "post-punk" styled album I have heard in quite while. I hear a little CoO and evn some earlier Nuit Noire, but this is not Black Metal. Like everyone else I hear Joy Division using a 4-track and with a pasr in Noiwe, with the vitriolic loathing of Brainbombs, and hell, I even hear a slower Raspberry Bulbs with a crooning, suicidal singer. I haven't heard many bands like this and, personally, I think their formula will take them far through hypocritical, lame, "holier-than-thou" scene they are working in. LP please!

No its the actual tape, I dont think its out of print (yet!)?  Got it when Posh Isolation crew was at Utmarken this weekend. They talked about Marching Church doing a show next year, can't wait for that!

GEWALTMONOPOL

FRANCE GALL - Baby Pop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UJfdoVoM7I

FRANCE GALL - Les Sucettes

The grin on her face tells us she's had enough cock in her mouth to understand what she's singing about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0OW2dHHsTE&feature=related
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Ashmonger

Grey Wolves - Judgement (CD, Hospital Productions): Sounds a bit different from the Grey Wolves stuff I've heard before (such as the Punishment album). Less threatening and oppressing. Don't really know what to think of it after a first listen.

Death Pact International - Siege 1999 - 2009 (CD, Old Europa Cafe): Not very harsh, but an overall dark atmosphere, interesting album. The last track was a surprise: sounds more like old electronic music than anything else, which is nice, since I like some of that stuff.

P-K

a lot of old Bourbonese Qualk

Ernpe

Plenty of recently released noisecore today:

Arse - Discography cd. Raw and intense as hell. While all material has been recorded within c. one year, there is fair amount of variation. This is primitive in the very meaning of the word: no nonsense, no thinking what the stuff should sound like. Just making chaotic noise and someone recording it to tape. But why aren't there any material from Arseslaughter? I suppose it would have fit well to this cd.

Nihilist Commando - Noisecore Violations 2002-2008 cd. Less raw than Arse but much more violent. With strong sound, I think Nihilist Commando is taking noisecore to whole new dimensions. Or if there are other band sounding much alike, I'd definitely be interested to hear about them! The latest demo is a favourite of mine.

Napalm Death is Dead / Penis Geyser - split 7"
Pure noisecore on 7" is something I'll buy each time I see in some distro. After slow intro, NDID breaks with traditional 1 second long songs with high pitched screaming (low in the mix, luckily). Decent stuff. Penis Geyser is noisier, nonstop guitar feedback noise with drums beating "the usual noisecore stuff" on the background. Without the drums, this could be from your avarage harsh noise record. Intense stuff, though.

Aunt Mary - Almost Dead 7"
It actually took me some time to make sense is this 33 or 45 rpm. Drums sound too blurry for 33rpm but somehow too fast with 45.. Oh well. Anyway, it is the drums that are the main thing here. Other instruments are played in very noisy manner and put low in the mix. Also insane sounding screaming here. Not much like the old, classic 7" but going to new directions.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Ernpe on December 18, 2010, 05:50:41 PM
Arse - Discography cd.
But why aren't there any material from Arseslaughter? I suppose it would have fit well to this cd.

Arse and Arseslaughter are different bands. In 93 when Arse split up, remaining members joined forces with Savonlinna based Earslaughter. And new band Arseslaughter was born. Studio demo of Arseslaughter is utmost kult item, and I will try to do my best to get it released, but we'll see... Arseslaughter made huge amount of live shows with different line-ups, some better than others. Again, when band quit, from ashes were born Yesmeansyes. At their best, YMY is on split CD with 7MON. I have last few copies of this split CD available. Studio production, so it doesn't match the sheer regurgitating 4-track damage and walkman captured live assaults of Arse.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

FFH/PRURIENT "central park jogger"- d/l'd this looking for "Women of War"; pretty good but some of it sounds like tracks pieced together rather than recorded specifically for this along with the slightly pitched-down news reports. Does have some nice wallish heavy staticy whitenoise electronics. Awful pitched-down vocals begin s2 but become better buried in feedback/static. Some of the glitchy lowend sounds remind me of recent Whitehouse. Anyone have a source for "W.O.W."?

UGRA

Great to see people talking about noisecore here!
Years ago there was some great noisecore projects here in Brazil, but nowadays this scene is almost nonexistent. From the newer bands I know, most are joke projects or some gore-oriented stuff (neither of both really interest me). Maybe in 2011 I´ll start my own project in this field.

catharticprocess

Skullflower C-100 on Cathartic Process - approving this test tape that reissues "The Paris Working" and "La Noche de Walpurgis" on a single tape. It sounds incredible on the hi-bias cobalt master, dubbed a little hot for nice saturation. This material is blistering. The A-side ("The Paris Working") is a live track that takes a few minutes to get going, but develops nicely into a really intense performance. The other side will remind people of "Vile Veil" and the material on the 3xCD box released last year. These CDr's were self-released, so not many copies were available and certainly not across the pond.

Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music CD - I forgot how amazing this CD is. I also forgot how much Sunroof! sounds like this album!

Aidan Baker - Book of Nods CD - I really love his solo work and most of the Nadja albums, but this is absolutely a highlight in his discography.

Tangerine Dream - Green Desert CD - don't be confused by its mid-80s release date. This was pre-Phaedra, and is at home among their early releases. Not as minimal as "Zeit," but a similar vibe.

V/A "Anthology 1: Come Organization Archives 1979-1981" 2CD - I picked this up to get the original version of the 150 Murderous Passions. I have the Stapleton mix on the United Dairies CD and the (what I believe is) the Ron Lessard remix tape that he put out on RRR. I was told by a friend that I was wrong when I said I had heard the album, referring to my UD CD. He was right.

Voice Of Eye - The Portland Improvisations CD - I was listening to this a couple weeks ago really loud in my office and my old lady said my daughter was really enjoying it, so she ripped it to play on her computer for her when she's putting her down for a nap. The play count on her iTunes for this album is in the 40s and rising. Needless to say, we've heard this one a lot around here. The same can be said for the next couple...

Circular - Shaping the Unknown CD - Kind of like what you could imagine a Klaus Schulze + Inade collaboration sounding like. This has been left on repeat at the house, listening to it several times a day for the past few weeks. The whole family jams to this one regularly.

Haare - Doomsday Sunrise CS - coming out soon on Cathartic Process, the master was on constantly. I left it in the position in my disc changer right after the one I remove to put on other discs, so this always followed whatever I was listening to for about 4 months. I have probably listened to this more than anything in the last decade. It's definitely my favorite Haare recording, so I'm really happy to be putting it out.

Soisong - xAj3x CD - I can only listen to this in the living room on my old lady's computer because of the octagon shaped CD. All my other players are slot-loading. Thankfully, she has good speakers so we can jam this one loud. I was very pleasantly surprised by this disc. I had read reviews (even raving reviews) that made me hesitate to pick it up. It's certainly like nothing else I listen to (is anything like Soisong?), but it's really stunning. "Paer Tahm," which has a particular magical quality to it. In fact, when my baby girl is fussy, I can put this track on and when the female vocals kick in toward the middle, she'll stop everything and really focus on the music. I checked out the website that you can access with a code from the CD and it was really cool to see that the pulsations of the images match the rhythm of "T-Hu Ri Toh" which just happened to be playing when I was going through the photos on the site.

Monks of the Dip Tse Chok Ling Monastery - Sacred Ceremonies: Ritual Music of Tibetan Buddhism, Vol. 1-3 3xCD box set - There are tracks on here that sound like Wolf Eyes playing Tibetan ritual music! There's some serious morphogenetic connections between this ancient music and the stuff that influence what we all listen to and talk about on this board. The horns! The bells! and the metal junk noise?! Yup, that's here too. I decided to pick this up after a friend sent me this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdBSTAw_cKY  This is good stuff. I could live the ascetic life to daily perform ritual music like this alongside hundreds of monks!

Nurse With Wound - The Surveillance Lounge CD - After many years of fairly average releases, this one shows that Stapleton can still put out material that stands alongside anything in the discography. Brilliant!

RyanWreck

Quote from: Ernpe on December 18, 2010, 05:50:41 PM
Plenty of recently released noisecore today:

Nihilist Commando - Noisecore Violations 2002-2008 cd. Less raw than Arse but much more violent. With strong sound, I think Nihilist Commando is taking noisecore to whole new dimensions. Or if there are other band sounding much alike, I'd definitely be interested to hear about them! The latest demo is a favourite of mine.

The "Live Assault" from 2008 is my favorite thread of attacks on there. NC covered a nice range for such a small and (seemingly) straight-forward genre but they were also consistent enough as to be able to tell that it is definitely them. It would be hard to offer up any new artists doing similar stuff.

Because of this thread I threw on some Tortured Hooker, specifically "An Offender's M.O. Can Change. Static And Rigid Remains The Signature". That thin, recorded with one-mic sound couples nicely with Fernowian Noisecore.

FreakAnimalFinland

There is old session of Nihilist Commando meet D.Fernow, recorded maybe 4-5 years ago in Finland. Don't know if it will be published or not.

but playlist:
Putrefier & Romance live collab 2007 LP
Harbinger
Damn, this sounds pretty close to recent LAFMS event Putrefier live? And then he had 3 members from one other band collaborating. You can't expect much of "Romance" type of killer harsh noise here. In fact, first listening was adjusted way too low in stereos. I was sitting down in chair, thinking should I turn it up, or will there be soon some total explosion of volume? No, there wasn't. So new rotation with more volume. This morning I decided to give more spin, and I know I must have said this before, but perhaps my tastes has matured. Not only tend to drink scott whiskey for taste of it, and finally "learned" to drink this crap you call coffee, but also learned to appreciate the noise, that seemingly goes nowhere. When the LP starts, it operates in ultra high pitched electronics. Metal sounds are not like huge sheets, but little think clatter without been loudly amplified. Electronic noises are short and fast. A lot of it is like clicks, pops, short lazer shots. Material indeed steps further and further away from the early "PE" of Putrefier, and perhaps even further and further from his Hyper Tension Classics era harsh noise. One could throw references to old electro acoustic and experimental electronic music. Good thing in this is, that each sound is very distinctive. You can follow texture of multiple things happening, you can hear the occasional effects what are placed in strategically good moments. Like from layers of dry and thin electronics noodling, one suddenly goes to deep bass levels while some other has short moment of extensive echo, which doesn't really disappear into chaos, but you can follow the duration and detail of echo with everything else happening on top of it. And this is one of the things what is missing in genres like PE or Dark Ambient. Artists not being able to see that even if echo is good, it may not be THAT good, if it becomes mandatory routine element to drive everything through it. Instead of using it with skill and taste. Nothing in this recording sounds like they would just leave equipment to do their thing. It seems like 2 guys are hands-on, actively processing sound all the time.
If you seek for noise a'la Romance or old/mid era Putrefier, forget this. If you seek for experimental electronic works, it's very nice.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

P-K