PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

Week at work was shitty and brain damaging.
Trying to become sane again with:

Albert Fish is my Hero - Albert Fish Is My Hero  C90, single sided (:VENE:)
Nice! Stripped down perverted PE with very short tracks. Consisting of the "Albert Fish Is My Hero" 3" CDr, "The Hillside Stranglers" CDr and "Mutilation" 3" CDr.

Iron Clad - Strike to kill C15 (F&V)
Short and hateful. Exactly what's needed now. Anything more coming sometime from this project?

Antipakt - Fuck them where they breathe 7" (F&V)
Well, text on sleeve says it all.
"Fist and cock up their fuckholes
Flesh over spirit
Hands make shit
Mouth like a cunt
Fuck them where they breathe
Up their fuckholes
FUCK THEM WHERE THEY BREATHE!"

Same here, anything more coming sometimes?

Next is Grunt - Terror and Degeneration CD,  and probably digging through some F&V releases. New Black Stateis exceptionally good.

Some fine booze will do the rest to prepare me for coming week.
Good night!

deathcamp

WILL OVER MATTER/BIZARRE UPROAR LP (F&V)
WOM: Primitive electronics, I can't really find deep interest on, maybe another release to recommend?
BU side is a live capture, long introduction with religious muslim samples and strong performance as expected. Crude and inspired noise/PE.

IRON FIST OF THE SUN « Tears Royal » LP (Unrest)
Power Electronics at it's best. Vocals are just perfect, extreme and unique. I saw several reviews on this forum saying that this effort is the best of IFOTS, maybe it is true. I have more or less all releases and can't decide as all are great to my ears.

Peterson

Copley Medal "Impersonal Attraction" CS (Hanson)
        Some guy from New York who apparently runs the Robert & Leopold label, named Ryan Martin. I like stuff from that label and had never made the connection when ordering from them. Anyway, this sort of low-key project is like the 80's Maurizio Bianchi of today – it's not just minimal industrial tape-whatever, it actually sounds almost exactly like Maurizio Bianchi. Well, maybe a little more diversity in terms of tone and texture, but the label description is something like "reverberated, echoed patterns like old '80's M.B.," and that is certainly accurate. Pretty busy at times but still could be described as "minimal," with several layers usually moving at once and at least two of them drenched in that clunky, metallic "old school" reverb sound. It's definitely "industrial" in that it has this vague, angular-but-dulled sharp ring/resonance to it with a sort of machine-like structure. The first side has a lot of movement and a seemingly wider array of sounds, and at one point reaches some cascading forward momentum. The entire track is saturated to the point of harshness, but in an ear-scraping, blown-out way unlike any harsh noise or similarly-textured music of today. The second side is a subtly evolving variation on one pattern of bleep-bloop 1-2 (in a good way) layered with an echoed glissando and some really detailed, grainy noise that shifts around slowly and gives way to the background patterns while the dominant ones morph and recede. I could see how many who weren't impressed with M.B. would skip over this (project), but judging by this and some Soundcloud samples, I'll definitely hunt things down as best I can. Recommended to fellow tape nerds! Similar, I guess, to Burried Machine?

Mercury Hall "Civilization Year" CS (Second Sleep)
        Label description says something like "late-night electronics for smokers." Well, I hate to be crass, but I'm sure they ain't talking about a Cuban cigar. Seems about right for its stated purposes/audience, and not at all in a bad way. Rather than some spraypainted semi-random collage of some stoner's experiment, this is serious tape music for the indulgent, I suppose. Absolutely relaxing stuff, devoid of any pensive or dwelling atmosphere that seems driven by very repetitive (in a good sense – "hypnotic") loops of single-key piano, indistinguishable "stolen conversations," and resonant thwacking, clanking tinny metal sound. The loops seem to be both "traditional" cassette loops as well as reel-to-reel loops, judging by the clear quality and stereo panning of some in contrast to the bassier, mono heaviness of others that have a more degraded tone. I recall some interesting electronics detail at some points but I'm writing this review from memory and not while listening like I sometimes do, so I could be wrong. In all, this is pretty damned top-notch and "serious" tape music that seems to have a wide range of appeal. I was a little late in getting this but at the moment, a box set called "Library's Bells" (tape nerds, again, anyone? Nothing wrong with that) is apparently readily available and looks pretty tempting. Will be getting that later in the month.

cr

Anna Gardeck- Bondage Women
Normally I'm not too fond of Industrial with beats, but this one I actually like a lot. Noisy enough and the beats not always in the foreground. I must admit I came across it by chance, while I was looking for something else, but I liked the pictures I found.

gabalgabow

IRONFLESH
It's a new Death doom/ Death metal band from France.
quite heavy and crushing stuffs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVFpv7lxOFA

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: cr on August 05, 2017, 07:21:19 PMAlbert Fish is my Hero - Albert Fish Is My Hero  C90, single sided (:VENE:)
Nice! Stripped down perverted PE with very short tracks. Consisting of the "Albert Fish Is My Hero" 3" CDr, "The Hillside Stranglers" CDr and "Mutilation" 3" CDr.

This project might be a bit overlooked due to somewhat odd name but it's top-notch stuff. This compilation is smashing mix of filthy synth heavy PE and macho vocals. I think "Aileen" for example is a bit more atmospheric release but still very solid one with crisp and punishing sound. Looking for "The Highway Killer" biz card CDr as it was never released/reissued on tape. Btw, what ever happened to A. Shaw?

Frataxin

Cock E.S.P.-Making It Our Business VHS

A live compilation videotape. Classic performances. A very specific aspect of Cock E.S.P. always strikes me, and it's difficult to put words to. The ability to delve so effortlessly into a lysergic meltdown in stark juxtaposition to the actual physical toll the performance takes on the participants: it's quite special.

aububs

that albert fish cs is top tier.

gabalgabow

SUBSTITUTION PRODUCT - Grange

Old school industrial, Noise...  Played in the 80's style, without instruments or machines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6_ig1J4lI

cantle

Been liking the new She Spread Sorrow, pretty decent death industrial

Peterson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIxP_jv7cZU

Les Sentiers Conflictuels & Andrew King "1888"
          Listening on YouTube because my copy hasn't arrived yet. Concept album between a band I know nothing about and a guy named Andrew King who I think I found because he had something to do with L'Orchestre Noir (the only Wakeford stuff I really dig). Based on Jack the Ripper's letters, so in a certain mood I'd find this pretty corny but it's pretty good at the moment. Reminds me of if Stephen Stapleton had done more with William Bennett like the 150 Murderous Passions album or whatever it's called. This is kinda like neoclassical/abstract power electronics, I guess. I like it. Vocals sound both cheesy and demented, which I appreciate, like the aforementioned WB.

coinbender

city of worms - metabolic

this is brilliant  , a hypnotic ride . 2 long pieces of loops and crickles.

absurdexposition

Reclaiming a chunk of my collection from storage has me doing some revisiting.

Bastard Noise - The Honesty Shop 12" (2016, Robotic Empire)
The long-since established signature Trogotronic sound is ever-present, and can basically do no wrong at this point. Never a huge fan of the guttural vocals, but the other vocal styles are here as well to make up for it. Still, all BN releases of the past 6 or 7 years seem to lack significance, much like their early period, and this is no exception. I would have avoided picking it up (and probably even avoided streaming/downloading) on my own accord, but it was a gift. Nothing actually bad to say about it, but as decent as it is I doubt it will get many revisits.

Bastard Noise & Pain Jerk - Imminent Economic Collapse 7" (1996, Alternative Tentacles)
A great, short blast from Pain Jerk (and the track title is a line from Dead Kennedys' "Bleed For Me", which I somehow didn't notice until this go 'round) followed by BN who at this point are still finding their footing, which will take a few more years. The flip side has a decent collaboration piece as the title track.

Bastard Noise & Outermost - Cauldron of Fire 7" (2000, DP)
Eric Wood has stated that this collaboration is his personal favourite BN release. Perhaps rightfully so, but at 45RPM it's all over so quickly there's hardly time to grasp anything. The noise 7" is a strange beast.

Bastard Noise - Cosmic Eulogy (Japan Tour) 12" (2000, Helicopter)
Perhaps the best Bastard Noise material from the Wiese era. A pretty lowkey piece, sonically, and an area that BN can thrive in when they want to.

Bastard Noise - Recycled CS (2000, RRRecords)
The above rivaled only by this. One of my favourite Recycled tapes to date. Some strange and intriguing sounds permeate the middle of the A-side. This might be the only legitimately "harsh noise" BN release.

Plus:

Oscillating Innards - Irretrievable 7" (2006 Troniks, etc)
Oscillating Innards / Redneck - P.H.N.W. 7" (2012, Antropofago Ateo)
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Mikerdeath

Corrupted - Anciano 7"
Good Doom Metal

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: absurdexposition on August 24, 2017, 05:43:24 AM
Bastard Noise & Outermost - Cauldron of Fire 7" (2000, DP)
Eric Wood has stated that this collaboration is his personal favourite BN release. Perhaps rightfully so, but at 45RPM it's all over so quickly there's hardly time to grasp anything. The noise 7" is a strange beast.

Don't remember well how that was, but this:
Outermost /  Bastard Noise  ‎– Studies Of Space And Sorrow 7"
New 2017 collaboration, and it I just last week wrote to Wood to express my view that this must be best BN stuff in recent years. It's not that it would be something dramatically different. We have the trademark bastard noise oscillations etc, but Outermost electronics are dirtier and there is some effect/processing on vocal sound too, not just slight reverb. Small details - but within noise, those are what matter! 4 tracks. Goes very fast, but nothing prevents few more spins of both sides!

JENNIFER WOLSKI tape
MSNP
One of rare cases when tape was damaged. Or lets say - not damaged, but almost. I started to listen this old MSNP tape that been sitting on shelves for years. Started to wonder should it sound like *this*. Not brutal harsh noise, but sort of tape manipulation. And next thing I realise tape deck has swalloved 1 meter of magnetic tape inside. Curiously nothing was wrinkled. Just carefully rewinding all back in to realize that from seam of magnetic tape & "lead tape", glue had dried. Opening tape, little operation and tape works great. ALL ON RED - ALL THE TIME, total harsh noise wall blasting. On the end of B-side you start to get little more nyance and changes. It ain't just grain and crackles, but heavy assault of noise. Stability and restless crunchy heaviness sets it right there on great side of harsh noise wall.

MACRONYMPHA "Beneath Hidden Tokyo" tape
Mother Savage
Later days Stell editions. Perhaps not as elegent with the computer type, but I can't complain when I'm assualted with 60 minutes of solid Macronympha noise. Surprise is that this has quite a lot of rhythm. Occasional Vivenza-type factory sound looping, but also even techno beats viciously overdriven to tape.

MACRONYMPHA "Session II" tape
Mother Savage
Less interesting tape. Not bad, but it's what it is: Slightly distant sounding session of guitars, metal junk and overall noise havoc, being brutalized at rehearsal room. Not really about editing or having the known MSNP crunchy heaviness. It's not bad, but there are countless better Macro tapes to listen instead.

HUMAN SKIN LANTERNS "Skin Stripperess" tape
MSNP
Taint + Macronympha. Could you go wrong? No. Looks and sounds brutal and merciless harsh noise. Violent, dark and oppressive spoken word pieces are included within harsh noise what has no "joyfulness" of the Japanese noise, only deranged and grim american violence. Excellent.

BRUME "The Sun" tape
Old Europa Cafe
I like a lot old Brume stuff. It's band many should know, but it's very very rarely I find myself talking to someone who appreciates Brume or hunts for some old tapes of his. This one, industrial beats and ritualistic chanting and vocal drones. Brutally overdriven, all-on-red to tape, layers saturated, nicely melting together. Including live material from 1988, which blends well next to studio works.

HANDS TO "Eurean recant" tape
BBP
Hands to is often so bleak and so minimal, that it's hard to really start going into detail what just happened. It's his older stuff, from 1990. Shorter pieces, less about unprocessed field recordings. More about actualling "doing things". J-card says all was recorded with borrowed gear. I suspect it could be one noteworthy element. Experimenting with unfamiliar gear to get something unexpected done?

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net