Special Interest
October 20, 2017, 07:25:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 1597622 times)
KMusselman
user

« Reply #6615 on: August 01, 2017, 08:44:20 PM »

Decided to look into more cool person/hipster faggot music and realized The Jesus And Mary Chain ain't half bad, even if they have the stupidest haircuts I've ever seen. Been revisiting a lot of metal that I was quite taken with as a youngster only to realize I'm not too fond of a lot of it today...fuck nostalgia.

bought the Psychocandy cassette back in 1985 during my High School years!  great haircuts too!
Scat-O-Logy
Diehard user

« Reply #6616 on: August 02, 2017, 04:42:29 PM »

Had to Google "The Jesus And Mary Chain haircuts". Bird nests FTW!

Playing and enjoying http://forceneurotic.bandcamp.com/album/excerpts-from-a-document-of-personal-errors

Peterson
Diehard user

NEUROTIC FORCE & FORCE NEUROTIC

« Reply #6617 on: August 03, 2017, 02:19:44 AM »

Why hasn't anyone mentioned...

Mania “Foul Inside” mCD (Freak Animal, 2017)
         Just a couple of minutes in already seems like Mania at his most impressionistic, even compared to Decrepit and Grim Conditions. Opens with echoed patches of mid-range static, nice and toothy, which soon builds and lets out some relatively spastic vocals which seem more on-top-of-the mix for Mania and sound like they're switching from delay to chorus to reverb effects but smoothly.
         Second piece opens to microtonal noise that seems to spew out bigger, heavier patches of noise while undulating synth bubbles and slogs out from underneath. Really wet, messy textures slopping around the mix with some delay and reverb, a nice twisting oscillation in the background. If I were to have titled this track, it'd be “Total Prolapse,” but that's just me. Has an almost tape-decayed quality that suggests an acoustic source for some of the sound.
         Third piece opens to warped (Tape warped? Power-starved?) wispy electronic sweeps with some acoustic clacking and bumping in the foreground and background – then a heavy electronic buzz starts throbbing and muffles the other elements. So far, this is a restrained but seriously mutated version of the Mania sound/style, and I am tempted to say his best work yet. Junk acoustics rise to the foreground against what sounds like a glass slide tapping as the synth throb modulates subtly. Some more spastic synth work fades in alongside some seriously odd feedback work before the background textures take on a character more like Sick Seed or Gelsomina than anything in my Mania collection. Not at all a bad thing in one of the few times I've even been able to compare Mania to anything else out there. When the vocals finally bleed in in trademark echo style, they're almost howled. Deranged even by these standards. Yep, this is the best stuff Mania's ever done, no question about that. The background interaction of metal, feedback, and synth starts to sort of sag and decay before bursting back into crispy static patches, making me wonder again if any power starve was involved. Things cut off like a door being shut.
         Fourth piece opens to familiar bassy, subtle, quiet metal dragging and clanking with roomy reverb. Subtle electronic whirring behind. Not unlike material from the split with SSRI. Odd feedback drones hum and oscillate in the middle of the mix. Acoustic rattling sounds almost like plastic before the metal tones pick up again. Either a great reverb unit is involved or Bitewerks has one excellent practice space. This is so spacious and enveloping, it's almost like a musique concrete take on Mania style! Another thing that's improved on an already good element is the balance between frequencies as well as heavy and brittle textures in both the electronic and acoustic sounds. Some thin, nasty Whitehouse/SJ-type static sort of sinks in and then fades after not even a minute, and then only reverberated metal scraping just before silence.
         Best material Mania has come out with yet. Restrained, meticulous violence. Not really harsh noise, not purely power electronics, certainly not industrial; it's just Mania. But where do you go from here??

KMusselman
user

« Reply #6618 on: August 03, 2017, 03:40:05 AM »

Mania - Foul Inside, Art Edition

two more:

Area Bombardment - Republic CD ( Lichterklang: LK040)

Kazeria - Nihilist Militant CD ( Twilight Recordings: TWI.150)
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6619 on: August 05, 2017, 12:37:28 PM »

Just a couple of minutes in already seems like Mania at his most impressionistic, even compared to Decrepit and Grim Conditions. Opens with echoed patches of mid-range static, nice and toothy, which soon builds and lets out some relatively spastic vocals which seem more on-top-of-the mix for Mania and sound like they're switching from delay to chorus to reverb effects but smoothly.
         Second piece opens to microtonal noise that seems to spew out bigger, heavier patches of noise while undulating synth bubbles and slogs out from underneath. Really wet, messy textures slopping around the mix with some delay and reverb, a nice twisting oscillation in the background. If I were to have titled this track, it'd be “Total Prolapse,” but that's just me. Has an almost tape-decayed quality that suggests an acoustic source for some of the sound.
         Third piece opens to warped (Tape warped? Power-starved?) wispy electronic sweeps with some acoustic clacking and bumping in the foreground and background – then a heavy electronic buzz starts throbbing and muffles the other elements. So far, this is a restrained but seriously mutated version of the Mania sound/style, and I am tempted to say his best work yet. Junk acoustics rise to the foreground against what sounds like a glass slide tapping as the synth throb modulates subtly. Some more spastic synth work fades in alongside some seriously odd feedback work before the background textures take on a character more like Sick Seed or Gelsomina than anything in my Mania collection. Not at all a bad thing in one of the few times I've even been able to compare Mania to anything else out there. When the vocals finally bleed in in trademark echo style, they're almost howled. Deranged even by these standards. Yep, this is the best stuff Mania's ever done, no question about that. The background interaction of metal, feedback, and synth starts to sort of sag and decay before bursting back into crispy static patches, making me wonder again if any power starve was involved. Things cut off like a door being shut.
         Fourth piece opens to familiar bassy, subtle, quiet metal dragging and clanking with roomy reverb. Subtle electronic whirring behind. Not unlike material from the split with SSRI. Odd feedback drones hum and oscillate in the middle of the mix. Acoustic rattling sounds almost like plastic before the metal tones pick up again. Either a great reverb unit is involved or Bitewerks has one excellent practice space. This is so spacious and enveloping, it's almost like a musique concrete take on Mania style! Another thing that's improved on an already good element is the balance between frequencies as well as heavy and brittle textures in both the electronic and acoustic sounds. Some thin, nasty Whitehouse/SJ-type static sort of sinks in and then fades after not even a minute, and then only reverberated metal scraping just before silence.
         Best material Mania has come out with yet. Restrained, meticulous violence. Not really harsh noise, not purely power electronics, certainly not industrial; it's just Mania. But where do you go from here??

I listened to this one many times since I received it, but somehow I was lost for words to mention it here. First there was the immense quality and second my not so good English to describe it properly, that kept me from writing about it. So thanks a lot for your review (always great reads btw!), which also captures a lot of my impressions.

But not to forget the other two 3" from Umpio and Sick Seed, they are great as well!
Deadpriest
Heavy user

Nothing makes me happy. I like nothing.

« Reply #6620 on: August 05, 2017, 04:10:30 PM »

I'm listening to Kazumoto Endo And Emanuele Bonini - Rumore Da Ritorno Audio Metallico, goddamn it's good. (that's my review)

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6621 on: August 05, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »

Week at work was shitty and brain damaging.
Trying to become sane again with:

Albert Fish is my Hero - Albert Fish Is My Hero  C90, single sided (:VENE:)
Nice! Stripped down perverted PE with very short tracks. Consisting of the "Albert Fish Is My Hero" 3" CDr, "The Hillside Stranglers" CDr and "Mutilation" 3" CDr.

Iron Clad - Strike to kill C15 (F&V)
Short and hateful. Exactly what's needed now. Anything more coming sometime from this project?

Antipakt - Fuck them where they breathe 7" (F&V)
Well, text on sleeve says it all.
"Fist and cock up their fuckholes
Flesh over spirit
Hands make shit
Mouth like a cunt
Fuck them where they breathe
Up their fuckholes
FUCK THEM WHERE THEY BREATHE!"

Same here, anything more coming sometimes?

Next is Grunt - Terror and Degeneration CD,  and probably digging through some F&V releases. New Black Stateis exceptionally good.

Some fine booze will do the rest to prepare me for coming week.
Good night!
deathcamp
moderate user

« Reply #6622 on: August 05, 2017, 11:36:06 PM »

WILL OVER MATTER/BIZARRE UPROAR LP (F&V)
WOM: Primitive electronics, I can’t really find deep interest on, maybe another release to recommend?
BU side is a live capture, long introduction with religious muslim samples and strong performance as expected. Crude and inspired noise/PE.

IRON FIST OF THE SUN « Tears Royal » LP (Unrest)
Power Electronics at it’s best. Vocals are just perfect, extreme and unique. I saw several reviews on this forum saying that this effort is the best of IFOTS, maybe it is true. I have more or less all releases and can’t decide as all are great to my ears.
KMusselman
user

« Reply #6623 on: August 06, 2017, 12:00:53 AM »

Nice! Stripped down perverted PE with very short tracks. Consisting of the "Albert Fish Is My Hero" 3" CDr, "The Hillside Stranglers" CDr and "Mutilation" 3" CDr.

same person does A Machine Called Orgasm.  I have  Dedicated To Max Hardcore which is good as well

https://www.discogs.com/A-Machine-Called-Orgasm-Dedicated-To-Max-Hardcore/release/682827
Peterson
Diehard user

NEUROTIC FORCE & FORCE NEUROTIC

« Reply #6624 on: August 08, 2017, 12:21:42 AM »

Copley Medal “Impersonal Attraction” CS (Hanson)
        Some guy from New York who apparently runs the Robert & Leopold label, named Ryan Martin. I like stuff from that label and had never made the connection when ordering from them. Anyway, this sort of low-key project is like the 80's Maurizio Bianchi of today – it's not just minimal industrial tape-whatever, it actually sounds almost exactly like Maurizio Bianchi. Well, maybe a little more diversity in terms of tone and texture, but the label description is something like “reverberated, echoed patterns like old '80's M.B.,” and that is certainly accurate. Pretty busy at times but still could be described as “minimal,” with several layers usually moving at once and at least two of them drenched in that clunky, metallic “old school” reverb sound. It's definitely "industrial" in that it has this vague, angular-but-dulled sharp ring/resonance to it with a sort of machine-like structure. The first side has a lot of movement and a seemingly wider array of sounds, and at one point reaches some cascading forward momentum. The entire track is saturated to the point of harshness, but in an ear-scraping, blown-out way unlike any harsh noise or similarly-textured music of today. The second side is a subtly evolving variation on one pattern of bleep-bloop 1-2 (in a good way) layered with an echoed glissando and some really detailed, grainy noise that shifts around slowly and gives way to the background patterns while the dominant ones morph and recede. I could see how many who weren't impressed with M.B. would skip over this (project), but judging by this and some Soundcloud samples, I'll definitely hunt things down as best I can. Recommended to fellow tape nerds! Similar, I guess, to Burried Machine?

Mercury Hall “Civilization Year” CS (Second Sleep)
        Label description says something like “late-night electronics for smokers.” Well, I hate to be crass, but I'm sure they ain't talking about a Cuban cigar. Seems about right for its stated purposes/audience, and not at all in a bad way. Rather than some spraypainted semi-random collage of some stoner's experiment, this is serious tape music for the indulgent, I suppose. Absolutely relaxing stuff, devoid of any pensive or dwelling atmosphere that seems driven by very repetitive (in a good sense – “hypnotic”) loops of single-key piano, indistinguishable “stolen conversations,” and resonant thwacking, clanking tinny metal sound. The loops seem to be both “traditional” cassette loops as well as reel-to-reel loops, judging by the clear quality and stereo panning of some in contrast to the bassier, mono heaviness of others that have a more degraded tone. I recall some interesting electronics detail at some points but I'm writing this review from memory and not while listening like I sometimes do, so I could be wrong. In all, this is pretty damned top-notch and “serious” tape music that seems to have a wide range of appeal. I was a little late in getting this but at the moment, a box set called “Library's Bells” (tape nerds, again, anyone? Nothing wrong with that) is apparently readily available and looks pretty tempting. Will be getting that later in the month.

cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6625 on: August 12, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »

Anna Gardeck- Bondage Women
Normally I'm not too fond of Industrial with beats, but this one I actually like a lot. Noisy enough and the beats not always in the foreground. I must admit I came across it by chance, while I was looking for something else, but I liked the pictures I found.

gabalgabow
moderate user

« Reply #6626 on: August 13, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »

IRONFLESH
It’s a new Death doom/ Death metal band from France.
quite heavy and crushing stuffs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVFpv7lxOFA

MORE THAN SOUNDS Webzine:
http://morethansounds.toile-libre.org
Scat-O-Logy
Diehard user

« Reply #6627 on: August 16, 2017, 04:15:08 AM »

This project might be a bit overlooked due to somewhat odd name but it's top-notch stuff. This compilation is smashing mix of filthy synth heavy PE and macho vocals. I think "Aileen" for example is a bit more atmospheric release but still very solid one with crisp and punishing sound. Looking for "The Highway Killer" biz card CDr as it was never released/reissued on tape. Btw, what ever happened to A. Shaw?

theotherjohn
Diehard user

« Reply #6628 on: August 16, 2017, 08:17:49 AM »

Btw, what ever happened to A. Shaw?

Looks like he had a hiatus from noise around 2014 but plans are afoot for new releases: https://www.facebook.com/burialgroundHNW/

I remember the Videodrome VHS he released on Worthless being excellent - I purchased some other videos from him around the time too (Cold Comfort, Anguish) which I've yet to watch. Is there a noise VHS thread? There should be one.
Frataxin

« Reply #6629 on: August 17, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »

Cock E.S.P.-Making It Our Business VHS

A live compilation videotape. Classic performances. A very specific aspect of Cock E.S.P. always strikes me, and it's difficult to put words to. The ability to delve so effortlessly into a lysergic meltdown in stark juxtaposition to the actual physical toll the performance takes on the participants: it's quite special.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
  Print  

Jump to: