STUPID KARATE
Punk hardcore band from france,
Old school stuff with short tracks,
efficient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkDDVHYCKNM

FreakAnimalFinland

WAKEFORD - STAPLETON "Revenge of the selfish shellfish" CD
Tursa / World Serpent
I have quite on-off interest on doings of these people, but when it peaks, then I end up digging bunch of items and can say that at the best, both guys were masters of their craft. Some stuff is pointless now, but other works hold strength year after year, decade after decade!
This has the little pieces of "neofolk", but most of all experimental sound collages. Being pure "open-chord" neofolk, done with modern standards, can result utterly boring outcome. The mix with innovative and eccentric sound-art, is what gives material totally different character. Not some skilled guitarists and singers with well produced albums - in standard of normal pop music, but album with character. High levels of oddity and surreal. Great album!

STRAFE FR "Lufhunger" CD
Touch
1991 Touch release doesn't seem to be very wanted. You can score copy even for mere 3 euros from discogs! Mixing electronics, field recordings and other things together. Year 1991, indicating lack of computer editing, so while this ain't no masterpiece or atmost classic by any means, it's nice addition in playlist with brilliant sonic moments happening within quite formless whole. Can't say much how album was in whole, but once in a while during it's duration, fragmented sound collage moment just awakes me to think "this is good", but then again, moment passes...

ILLUSION OF SAFETY "More Violence And Geography" CD
Die Stadt
1988 materal reissued on CD many years ago. I like. It has so many elements what I like:
-Noisy, but not really *just noise*.
-Not too song oriented, but 11 songs instead of just long endless stream of sound.
-Charming late 80's sound quality. Not aiming to be rugged or lo-fi, but even aim to be the best sound out there, it would end up somehow crude and hand-made-feel.
-None of songs are totally linear and mechanical. Meaning, that despite usage of loops or such repeating elements, there is always layers of sounds what seem hand crafted, lively, colorful, always on the move, mutating, shifting to something else. Making each song interesting to follow.
Here one sample track. Guitars are not as dominating factor in all the songs, but also usage of guitars in many of the old releases are so different from how they are used nowadays. I'm 100% disinterested in all that sunn o))) kind of category or "drone doom" or such. Also most of ebow kind of stuff. Nadia? Pff...  Guitar drone or guitar noise, both seemingly very easy, but in other hand, very hard to find interesting stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeWkVxn4UBY

That said, couple weeks ago several times ex-Diesel Guitar guys solo album! Phenomenal guitar drone!! 

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

Death Squad "Isolation as Intent" LP (Audio Dissection) & "Out-Patient" cd (Spastik Communications)- I had these releases mixed up. I thought the "Interrogation" track was on "I.A.I." so that was a little bit of a disappointment. Both of these releases are very minimal in the electronics department compared to "Theological Genocide". Themes on "I.A.I." are obvious based on the title along with some extreme issues with God ("Fuck You!"). "Out-Patient" is "An audio study in social and psychological difficulties". The best track involves a female associate of DS discussing her heroin addiction. "Interrogation" use to be reasonably intense but now just falls short other than the last couple of seconds of the track. I won't write anymore as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not heard it. The LP is limited to 100 copies so get it while you can but if you're unsure, track down the cd's, as they should be reasonably priced or down-right cheap.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/extreme_as_fk_that_time_death_squad_held_its_audience_hostage_by_gunpoint

audiodissection

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 10, 2017, 07:56:35 PM
Death Squad "Isolation as Intent" LP (Audio Dissection) & "Out-Patient" cd (Spastik Communications)- I had these releases mixed up. I thought the "Interrogation" track was on "I.A.I." so that was a little bit of a disappointment. Both of these releases are very minimal in the electronics department compared to "Theological Genocide". Themes on "I.A.I." are obvious based on the title along with some extreme issues with God ("Fuck You!"). "Out-Patient" is "An audio study in social and psychological difficulties". The best track involves a female associate of DS discussing her heroin addiction. "Interrogation" use to be reasonably intense but now just falls short other than the last couple of seconds of the track. I won't write anymore as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not heard it. The LP is limited to 100 copies so get it while you can but if you're unsure, track down the cd's, as they should be reasonably priced or down-right cheap.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/extreme_as_fk_that_time_death_squad_held_its_audience_hostage_by_gunpoint

Very last copies of the LP available! www.audiodissection.com

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: audiodissection on June 10, 2017, 10:50:22 PM

Just picked up this and Theological Genocide and I absolutely cannot wait to hear these....haven't had much free time for anything lately, but once these arrive that's going to change no matter what.

F_c_O

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 11, 2017, 02:55:26 AM

Just picked up this and Theological Genocide and I absolutely cannot wait to hear these....haven't had much free time for anything lately, but once these arrive that's going to change no matter what.
intent on isolation?

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: F_c_O on June 10, 2017, 01:13:34 PM
My drone binge continues with

Monarch - Sabbracadaver

If theres a singular modern band to rival the classics of drone, this is it. Wonderful, heavy, pitch black and best of all, it is not boring! Despite being some of the slowest doom out there, it never becomes boring, instead the band can keep your interest through their monolithic compositions. Unlike the earlier efforts of the band, theres actually some sense of melody here, although it is quite hard to grasp due to the utterly tectonic tempo the band works out. Even more impressive is the fact that the band has never felt the need to start to experiment or go outside their chosen style of doom while consistently doling out the goods. There are no violins, synths, poetry reading or other kind of bullcrap bands like Sunn O))) have commited here. The focus is singular, obsessive. Heavily recommended.

You might be pleased to hear they just finished mixing their upcoming album a few days ago. If I remember well, they recored five songs (including a Kiss cover.)
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on June 11, 2017, 03:19:19 PM

Monarch - Sabbracadaver

If theres a singular modern band to rival the classics of drone, this is it. Wonderful, heavy, pitch black and best of all, it is not boring! Despite being some of the slowest doom out there, it never becomes boring, instead the band can keep your interest through their monolithic compositions. Unlike the earlier efforts of the band, theres actually some sense of melody here, although it is quite hard to grasp due to the utterly tectonic tempo the band works out. Even more impressive is the fact that the band has never felt the need to start to experiment or go outside their chosen style of doom while consistently doling out the goods. There are no violins, synths, poetry reading or other kind of bullcrap bands like Sunn O))) have commited here. The focus is singular, obsessive. Heavily recommended.

You might be pleased to hear they just finished mixing their upcoming album a few days ago. If I remember well, they recored five songs (including a Kiss cover.)

see monarch et al as doom.
doom contains drone but is not necessarily drone.
the drone seems to add to a suspence eventually broken by a change of chord, a drum beat etc
drone per se is without beginning or end and which you the listener have to insert yourself to experience at maximium

F_c_O

Quote from: david lloyd jones on June 11, 2017, 06:56:41 PM
Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on June 11, 2017, 03:19:19 PM

Monarch - Sabbracadaver

see monarch et al as doom.
doom contains drone but is not necessarily drone.
the drone seems to add to a suspence eventually broken by a change of chord, a drum beat etc
drone per se is without beginning or end and which you the listener have to insert yourself to experience at maximium
guess the 'proper' designation would be drone doom but i just say drone for short cause I figure that people know what I mean.

bitewerksMTB

Haus Arafna "The Singles  1993-2000" cd- listened to that while slapping together inside disc tray artwork on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Deadpriest

I got a download of a Bone Awl discography, which I have been listening to this evening prior to that I was listening to No Balls. Bone Awl are my new favourite black metal band (I think in terms like that).
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Deadpriest

As far a noise rock goes Homopolice an Drunkdriver are the tits.

Andrew McIntosh

Bone Awl I couldn't get into, even though I gave them a go. The Homopolice, however, I do have time for ("I Hate Everybody" has the sounds to back up it's noble sentiments).
Shikata ga nai.

Deadpriest

My sentiments would be that Bone Awl are the ultimate in neanderthal.
I Hate Everybody is too good like.

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: F_c_O on June 11, 2017, 09:03:43 AM
Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 11, 2017, 02:55:26 AM

intent on isolation?

Yes, Isolation as Intent and Theological Genocide.

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 11, 2017, 11:54:50 PM
Haus Arafna "The Singles  1993-2000" cd- listened to that while slapping together inside disc tray artwork on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Excellent collection. I'm gonna go ahead and pry and ask what were you doing disc tray artwork for? Hopefully some more Mania...