PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

DEATH SQUAD "Theological Genocide" dbl LP (Hospital Prod.)- I was never a huge DS fan but it's nice to see his oop releases get reissued on vinyl. This release mostly consists of mid & high frequencies with fragile static cracklings, not a whole lot of low end so it sounds very nice especially the tracks with spoken word and vocals. Not sure it's $30 good but for the $18 + postage I bought it for on Discogs, it was well worth it! "I'll show you positive social change! This is DEATH SQUAD!"

COLLABORATION comp. (Broken Flag)- rare comp. I found on a site called "Wet Dreams"; harsh noise,etc. from Controlled Bleeding with multiple tracks; heavy loops/electronics from Falx Cerebri (reissues of his work would be nice); noise with some fucked up vocals by Pacific 231; droning guitar from Ramleh... Quite a bit of variety can be heard from act to act. A number of the Pacific 231 tracks are collaborations with a couple of acts I've never heard of... I really wish more BF comps would get reissued!

deathcamp

Quote from: Cauldhame on May 20, 2017, 04:50:35 PM

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 17, 2017, 02:31:08 AM
CON-DOM "How Welcome is Death..." CD, Tesco Org.- Great release! Too bad Tesco couldn't figure out how to get the intro tracks to seamlessly transition into the next track without annoying gaps.

I'm guessing the gaps will have been on the master CDr as a result of whatever software was used to burn it? It is strange that at no point in the process was it raised as a problem as it is a completely avoidable disruption to an otherwise near-perfect album, and so much attention to detail was clearly paid to every other aspect. To an extent that makes me wonder, however unlikely this sounds, that it may be a deliberate comment of some sort (not unlike that Grey Wolves album that used the hideously low bit-rate), though I can't imagine what point that would be making.

It is an option to fix when you order a CD pressing. Otherwise all tracks are separated. I'm sure that this problem isn't on the vinyl edition.

Great news concerning Mania.
:Mind Control:....... Hope that it will be re-released...

gabalgabow

VETO
It's a fast punk hardcore band from France.
With short songs. Quite efficient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q02LOd_FpYc

Levas

Brethren - The Chosen - to remember how well his albums were done and how often can they be spinned!

bitewerksMTB

CLUB MORAL "Live in the Country"-  This is excellent work & would make a nice reissue. Best track has synth sounds in one channel & pig grunting along with a woman screaming in the other. The pig grunts sound more like a person making the sounds rather than a real pig & the woman screaming could be the pig. The title is "I wanna work in a slaughterhouse".

HUNTING LODGE "Harrington Ballroom"- debut release & live recording; super heavy bass droning with a lot of pipe-banging. Pretty awesome, overall.

tiny_tove

movimento d'avanguardia ermetico - Italian black metal with interesting concept and very good aestetics
thy also run the counterKultural magazine/book Polemos.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

impulse manslaughter

Never paid much attention to the post-PE incarnation of Ramleh but i'm spinning the Slammers 7" right now and the A-side is not bad at all. Noisy, industrial post-rock..

Emptyset - Recur. Heard some of their stuff online a while ago and decided to pick up this Raster Noton CD. Very focussed noises and rhythm. Tracks almost seem to have architectural qualities. Probably too clean/digital for most people here but for me a nice discovery.

Vatican Shadow - Remember Your Black Day. Wanted to check out this project and started here based on some reviews i found. Some nice tracks but overall not very memorable. Think i will skip the other current Fernow projects like Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement.

Organum vol.1 and 2 CD's. I've been playing these on a regular basis over the years. Some of my favorite material but lack of information and minimalistic artwork is annoying

Today in my car: Zos Kia/Coil CD. Just a great reissue and probably my favorite coil stuff (not a big fan).

Up next; a pile of classic MB records.

Duncan

Gerogerigegege - S/T 12" ep - Scrotum Records (2017)

Side A is some sort of Japanese disco/funk thing, Side B is a load of short loops of pieces from the same track, or so it sounds. Total bummer.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on May 23, 2017, 12:57:35 AM
Organum vol.1 and 2 CD's. I've been playing these on a regular basis over the years. Some of my favorite material but lack of information and minimalistic artwork is annoying

been listening to these again last few days, along with other cd releases of organum and collabs with the new blockaders.
having some of the original releases, other than the artwork (ink and card texture being integral and egyptian theme of art tantalising-a clue to the origins of the sound or ideas? ) there is precious little info that you are missing on.still the blank covers are particularly crap and not better with those releases without covers at all.
maybe a vinyl on demand type wish.

the sounds, however, are all engrossing, textured and a wall of sound predating harsh noise and hnw, but not sounding like either.

Peterson

Current Worming "1" CS (Dogmatics In Outline)
    I might be easy to please when it comes to rotting loop noise, but this shit is just too good! Fans of Hander Som Vardar, HOH, and Dead Body Love could all appreciate this. Decayed, heavy, and dismal loops which modulate only slightly per movement, before shifting gears. I want to add that the B-side piece has some pretty weird channel placement/panning choices via headphones especially...

Zeno Marx

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on May 23, 2017, 12:57:35 AM
David Jackman pretty much is a quasi minimalist; do more with less.  Few artists reach his level of density in their work.  Unsuspecting richness, but that is sort of the beautiful consequence, if not outright goal, of great minimalists.  Desola and Sorow are up there.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

COUNTRY CLUB "Brothers" 12" (Breathing Problem Prod.)- good 12" of PE similar to what the Germans are well known for. $8 from the label so worth checking out. Would like to hear the debut now...

RAMLEH "31/5/1962-1982" (Broken Flag)- this makes me wish like hell I had bought the huge cd set a few years ago... "We will win!"

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: Peterson on May 23, 2017, 09:47:27 PM
Current Worming "1" CS (Dogmatics In Outline)
    I might be easy to please when it comes to rotting loop noise, but this shit is just too good! Fans of Hander Som Vardar, HOH, and Dead Body Love could all appreciate this. Decayed, heavy, and dismal loops which modulate only slightly per movement, before shifting gears. I want to add that the B-side piece has some pretty weird channel placement/panning choices via headphones especially...

Can't wait for new material from this project. Love it so much.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

vomitgore

Sektion B - When Democracy is no Longer Enough

I am 20 minutes into this and can't restrain my love. This is just absolute perfection. Capturing the current climate (espc in Germany) and packing it into the classic Sektion B style executed better than ever before. Heavy and catchy but still wild at times. Dominant flangered vocals. Anyone who is even remotely into this kind of material should definitely grab this, not only because the guys deserve the support for the years of dedicated work but also because of the sheer quality. I have been waiting for something to do exactly this for so long.

cr

Quote from: vomitgore on May 25, 2017, 03:57:22 PM
Sektion B - When Democracy is no Longer Enough

I am 20 minutes into this and can't restrain my love. This is just absolute perfection. Capturing the current climate (espc in Germany) and packing it into the classic Sektion B style executed better than ever before. Heavy and catchy but still wild at times. Dominant flangered vocals. Anyone who is even remotely into this kind of material should definitely grab this, not only because the guys deserve the support for the years of dedicated work but also because of the sheer quality. I have been waiting for something to do exactly this for so long.

Absolutely agreed! Like it even more with every listen.