PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 02, 2010, 09:13:03 PM
I'm sure these are hits in the German gothic dance floors

Currently #7 on the DAC album chart!

FreakAnimalFinland

Huh! Well, I must have listened this album now 7 times within just couple of days. And playing it as we speak. More and more getting into it.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

dan_waters_penis.jpg

Ashmonger

Mania - Ultra-Negative (CD, Freak Animal): Good noise! Don't really know what to say about this, except that in one of the first two songs sounds a bit too high too me, not because it might hurt or something, but it's so high it sounds a bit powerless to me (only this sound, that is). Seems like my only comment about this disc though.

Sick Seed - Beasts Among Men (tape, Freak Animal): A-side: recognizable Sick Seed stuff, though different from the LP. Noise, guitar, recognizable voice, metal (and other?) junk. Side was over before I knew it, which, in this case, definitely is a good sign. B-side: metal junk with some guitar, vocals and electronics, mainly in the beginning, but just very little. Same as for the Hal Hutchinson stuff, I do like the use of junk metal and stuff, but on its own, it doesn't go for too long. It's good for about 20 mins or so, but I can't really imagine that I would like to junk metal and nothing else for more than half an hour.

Ernpe

Umpio meets Anal Barbara (Nekorekords 2010)

I am not sure if one could call Umpio meets Anal Barbara a collaboration record. The source sounds of the tape comes from noisecore band Anal Barbara's previously unreleased recording, over which Umpio delivers his metal junk and feedback noise. In overall sound, Umpio is way more dominant. Actually the tape differs only little from "normal" harsh noise - just to hear some noisecore band when the noise gets more silent doesn't give that more of originality. Nevertheless, this is a good tape. Compared to two Umpio cds that came out previously this year, Umpio meets Anal Barbara is even more hectic (perhaps this is because of the source material) but also less sharp. At some times it gets even blurry.

-
Also some 20 different ep's and splits from mincecore act Agathocles. Perhaps half of them are - as usual for a band making a lots of records, mostly lofi stuff - fairy shitty, but I got them for really moderate price. Some 7"s such as Distrust and Abuse are really noisy, nothing louder than anything else -type of mixing, sounding like lenghty pieces of sound instead of songs. Meanwhile others are merely boring, punkish grind with nice and neat sound not even raw enough to disturb anyone.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

ConcreteMascara

going through some of my records I haven't heard in a while...

Enema Syringe - Live At No Fun Fest 2007 (LP)
I have to be honest, this LP makes me want to boogie. The persistent groove could get anyone's foot tapping. The music sounds firmly rooted in the '80s to me but in a good way. I really enjoy the last track especially with it's low pulsing synth.

Emaciator - Coveting (LP)
One of most successful Emaciator records in my opinion. Sparse guitar drone but not in the style of Andrew Chalk or Hakobune, much more bare, almost nauseating at times. It's very tense despite of or in fact due to the minimalism.

Aaron Dilloway - Concealed (LP)
The best from Dilloway. LSD committed to vinyl.

Red Snapper - Our Aim Is To Satisfy Red Snapper (2xLP)
I forgot I even owned this album, picked it up second-hand in Japan 6 or 7 years ago. Kind of a mess of styles. Trip-hop, acid jazz, instrumental rock. This isn't noise or anything. Some of it's rubbish but the instrumental tracks are pretty enjoyable.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

GEWALTMONOPOL

ESOTERIC - The Maniacal Vale 2xCD

Winter music. An good soundtrack when up at 6.00 and watching daylight unfold.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Ashmonger

Neuntöter Der Plage - Breathe This Sickly Breath (CDr, Slaughter Productions): For one reason or another, I thought this would be harsh noise. But no, it's Death Industrial/Ambient, and I really like it. Sounds like some other acts, I've heard before, but the only one I can think of right now is Gräuen Pestanz. Anyway, although I like this CD in general, there are some tracks which I like less, such as Immortalis and The Trick, they seem a bit lighter and less disease-ridden.

absurdexposition

Disgust - Where Angels Fear to Tread C36

What a great tape. Dayton, Ohio is my favourite track, spanning the entire B-side. It put me in a bummer mood, which is good.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

manuel-ronf

some tape listening today:
Clo Goelach / Ashley C - Personal Abattoir (klaustrosignal)
Coma Detox - Volatile Debasement (nil by mouth)
Halthan - Corrupt (nil by mouth)
Foul / Cannibal Ritual - split (phage tapes)
The Vomit Arsonist - Reason (nil by mouth)
Praying For Oblivion / Unnvald Granheim - split (zuiveringleideren)

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on December 06, 2010, 11:14:27 PM
Red Snapper - Our Aim Is To Satisfy Red Snapper (2xLP)
I forgot I even owned this album, picked it up second-hand in Japan 6 or 7 years ago. Kind of a mess of styles. Trip-hop, acid jazz, instrumental rock. This isn't noise or anything. Some of it's rubbish but the instrumental tracks are pretty enjoyable.
funny you mention that one, long time forgotten for me, I got a copy somewhere since around 2001 or so, remember despite 1 or 2 tracks which were really worth the rest was quite cheesy, will revisit it again

Molluskground, Inc.

Skinny Puppy - VIVIsectVI LP
Skinny Puppy - Fractal Zoom CD
Bauhaus - A God In An Alcove single sided 7" flexi
Militia - Live Provocation 1 & 2 C60
F/I/T/H - Reopening Wounds: Ignite/Submit + Solace Through Psychosis C76
Author & Punisher - Drone Machines CD
Izanami's Labour Pains - The Life And Demise Of Yoshiko Kawashima C21

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Tommuel on December 09, 2010, 04:09:51 AM
Skinny Puppy - VIVIsectVI LP
classic. HUMAN DISEASE

Author & Punisher - saw him play two weeks ago. I was really disappointed with the performance to be honest.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

UGRA

Today:

ATRAX MORGUE - Paranoia
DIAGNOSE LEBENSGEFAHR - Transformalin
DIAMANDA GALÁS - Vena Cava
MGLA - Groza
TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE - Rampton

RG

Quote from: UGRA on December 12, 2010, 08:50:40 PM
MGLA - Groza

Ugh, that album was a big disappointment. What in the hell happened? All the previous stuff had this wild-eyed intensity and fire, but then they release a debut album with plodding and yawn-inducing tracks. Hopefully they come out with a new album that returns to the earlier sound and fury, but if not I always have the Presence 12" and Mdłości 7"

hannes

Marching Church, At Night, CS (Posh Isolation)
First heard MC on the Grå Fraktion L- compilation from Posh Isolation and I thought it was great, so I was really excited about this tape.
At first listen I wasn't sure what to think but after a while I was hooked, now I play it over and over. Reminds of Circle Of Ouroborus in some ways but more post-punkish.