PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

and perhaps should also say, new Ex.Order.. been on playlist and I'm still little half&half what exactly to say about it. And what dominated yesterday on the playlist was Type O Negative debut CD. I was considering selling away the last remaining ToN in my cd shelves, but then got stuck listening most of the day that same CD. "Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity" is such a epic journey of stinky cum breath, cheating whores and slutty ex girlfriends that one can admire it as much as Carnivore albums!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ARKHE

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 30, 2010, 10:29:56 AM
Then I could recommend you also:
THE RITA "predators" 7"
Second Layer
Latest The Rita 7". I liked previous one quite a lot, but this, this is just a simple and straight forward "crackle study", "noise object", or whatever harsh noise experts call it. One dimensional dull crackles, not noisy, not harsh, not dense, not loud. Mere mid range slow crackles of sound you can't really identify what it may have originally been. I recall when someone said, Roemer of Macronympha was the last true legend in noise. Maybe to some extent, but, I'd say Sam has almost alone guided harsh noise to such a personal and die hard routes, perhaps the time of true legends isn't over. Regardless how I feel about this particular recording.

Haven't heard this particular release, or really what THE RITA has been up to lately at all, but this description reminds of what type of sound he was exploring when witnessing him in Copenhagen some week ago. But in the live setting, the actually pretty clear and crisp crackles came out at such a massive volume, that it became physical, like standing too close to massive fireworks or sth similar. Perhaps not very interesting on tape/vinyl, but on stage, it was... massive.

np: FURZE - reaper subconscious guide, MK9 - Resist 3" (I think that is the title at least)

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: SILVUM on November 30, 2010, 11:53:56 AM
A.M.B. "Implosions" tape
That's one I'm missing still so I can't comment on the dubbing, is there any info on edition size?

No comments. But it's kind of hand made look in it. Basically printed stuff, but not double sided J-card, but info text is glued on other size. Tape has labels.
It's ZIKA12-950701.. I guess all those tapes (12+?) are AMB's or also other projects?

Ashley Choke

Quote from: pestdemon on November 30, 2010, 07:05:17 PM
Then I could recommend you also:
THE RITA "predators" 7"
Second Layer
Latest The Rita 7". I liked previous one quite a lot, but this, this is just a simple and straight forward "crackle study", "noise object", or whatever harsh noise experts call it. One dimensional dull crackles, not noisy, not harsh, not dense, not loud. Mere mid range slow crackles of sound you can't really identify what it may have originally been. I recall when someone said, Roemer of Macronympha was the last true legend in noise. Maybe to some extent, but, I'd say Sam has almost alone guided harsh noise to such a personal and die hard routes, perhaps the time of true legends isn't over. Regardless how I feel about this particular recording.

Haven't heard this particular release, or really what THE RITA has been up to lately at all, but this description reminds of what type of sound he was exploring when witnessing him in Copenhagen some week ago. But in the live setting, the actually pretty clear and crisp crackles came out at such a massive volume, that it became physical, like standing too close to massive fireworks or sth similar. Perhaps not very interesting on tape/vinyl, but on stage, it was... massive.

np: FURZE - reaper subconscious guide, MK9 - Resist 3" (I think that is the title at least)

Funny you mention it. My Filipino girlfriend who attended her first ever Noise concert that evening said the exact same thing. That it sounded like really loud fireworks. Amazing set BTW, and overall an amazing night!

FreakAnimalFinland

Perispirit "abysmal penetrations" tape
Hospital productions
Huh! When I saw the tape cover, I thought this must be something good. Still, filed it to tape shelves for about... half year? Well, of course nothing gets old this quick, but until now, it remained one of those projects, I wouldn't have cared to even check out because never heard anyone mention it, but I guess the new split LP goes immediately amongst to-be-purchased!
So how it is? If you say guitar/synth & laptop, it will sound like some awful thing, but side a of this tape is actually up their myspace. http://www.myspace.com/perispirit
So check out yourself (Obsolete Weather...). They list among their influences P16.D4, MB, Runzelstirn and Gurglestock, Mirror, Hands To, Maconympha, Bernard Parmegiani, Kevin Drumm, Xenakis, Suddent Infant, Eliane Radigue, Nurse with Wound, The Haters, Phil Niblock, Morton Feldman, Jason Lescaleet, New Blockaders, Pain Jerk, and Crawl Unit. It seems quite rare mix of influences, and they do live up to expectations! This is exactly the kind of stuff I feel has been kind of missing thing among contemporary noise. It boldly mixes harsh noise to brilliant cut-ups, drones, field recordings, guitars, and so on. I find it nearly shame that this was just a tape. And Hospital tape. I feel there is kind of danger it will be picked up by merchant vultures to stash for potential ebay auctions? Or just something other than people who'd give it really proper listening? Yet who am I to blame since I got it simply due being Hospital release!
One must give credit for Hospital for improving the tape releases. Good sound. Nice simple packaging. So who's doing them on LP or CD? It would be something that really would seem worth to do.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 30, 2010, 10:34:22 AM
and perhaps should also say, new Ex.Order.. been on playlist and I'm still little half&half what exactly to say about it.

I'd like to hear more about this. The samples on the Loki Foundation were intriguing but samples are poor indication usually of what the full tracks really sound like.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Ashmonger

Steel Hook Prostheses - Torturous Anxiety (CDr, L.White Records): Typical Steel Hook Prostheses style of Dark Ambient, Death Industrial mix with strongly effected vocals. Only bad thing is the cover, which I think is rather ugly.

Con-Dom/The Grey Wolves - Many Are Called, But Few Get Up (12" 45rpm, Power and steel): Sounds to me closer to typical The Grey Wolves stuff, than what I have already heard of Con-Dom. No bad thing though, short, but nice LP.

Hal Hutchinson - taste of iron (tape, Freak Animal): Metal bashing, nothing else. Hadn't heard anything like this before (I mean only the metal bashing without any form of distortion/noise). Sounds well made, good stuff for sure, but I think it's not too bad it's a short tape.

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 30, 2010, 08:50:46 PM
Perispirit "abysmal penetrations" tape
Hospital productions
Huh! When I saw the tape cover, I thought this must be something good.

On the cover alone, the first thing that came to mind was "Liquid Voyeur".

absurdexposition

Disgust - Time Ruins Everything
This feels way, way too short. The tracks on their MySpace are insane and yet on this disc I feel like I want more. Still one of my favourite acts right now, though, out of any genre, not just noise/PE.

Coil - Scatology (2001 remaster/extra tracks)
First listen of Coil. Definitely enjoyed it. Gave a pretty pacifying mood.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Ashmonger

Pain Nail - end times (CD, Freak Animal): Not too familiar with many industrial acts, but I like this stuff. It does sound like a desolated industry, still working. Like the vocals and the fact that there's quite some variation between the tracks, I was surprised by some of the calmer tracks, one of them actually sounded more like dark ambient.

Atrax Morgue - Death Machinery II (3"CDr, L.White Records): Don't know much stuff from Atrax Morgue, so can't compare to his other works. One thing which is certain is that it's really sick stuff, however, the tracks are monotonous and apart from the coming to front and going away of the sound not much seems to happen. Think it'll need some time to sink.

Silent Abuse/Antichildleague (7" 45rpm, Hagshadow): Great hysterical vocals on the A-side, but I do like the noise from the B-side a bit better, it's a heavier track. All in all, worthy purchase and I'm interested in what other stuff Silent Abuse will still do.

Ashmonger

Death Squad - Fucked in the USA (3"CD, Freak Animal): First thing I hear from Death Squad, definitely no bad thing. Starts with rather low/mid range rumbling and spoken voices (sounds like samples) and gets more heavy towards the end, with rather typical screaming/shouting vocals and some hysterical female vocals, which I like, though I'm not certain whether they're original or sampled. Different parts sound as if they could be different songs though. Strange thing is, up to now every time I listen to it, I've got the feeling that afterwards I've only got a vague idea of what happened. Not a bad thing, though, it's good enough to play it again.

FreakAnimalFinland

expected is re-issues of a lot of Death Squad tape on CD by Autarkeia. It would be nice to have Theological Genocide on LP. Band did CDR re-issue of it (possibly for currently ongoing euro tour?). Covers are from 1st CD edition, but disc CDR.

Now perhaps should comments the big german names?

GENOCIDE ORGAN "archive I" 10"
Tesco
Celebrated their anniversary. Band digged up old recordings, dating to 80's and early 90's. Mostly material meant to be somewhere, but didn't. With first listen, A-side appears to be very vintage industrial sound, but every spin it somehow grows to be better and better. B-side has two tracks with one being leftover from Dry Lungs compilation from '91, which is perhaps most "standard" song in 10", yet still remains my favorite. 2nd track is merely short cut of longer piece before it fades out. I'd be more curious to hear the full length version than c. 1-2 minute sample. first 10" felt like it couldn't match the power of albums, yet realizing the context of release and accepting the nature of early releases, it is good release.

HAUS ARAFNA "you" LP
Galakt Horrö
New album is perhaps even more to direction of "negative pop" or whatever they call it, than Butterfly?! I'm nearly shocked how tiny is the portion of actual hard industrial elements. There is plenty of distorted beats, analogue drum machine beats, melody of distorted vintage synths, most often mr. Arafna singing with clear voice. I'm sure these are hits in the German gothic dance floors, but it's merely one fourth of album - if that - which appeals to tastes of those who expect something what reminds of earlier days of project. HA is most definitely always worked with their own range of sounds and starting from first beats and first synth tones you know what label and which project it is. Have given in couple spins and yet unsure should I say it is good or is this giving my little finger to the gothic devil!

RyanWreck

Quote from: shakehurst on December 01, 2010, 07:05:15 PM
This feels way, way too short. The tracks on their MySpace are insane and yet on this disc I feel like I want more. Still one of my favourite acts right now, though, out of any genre, not just noise/PE.

I thought the length of each track worked well for this style and approach, with the whole "Power Violence" in the form of PE / Man is the Bastard / Bastard Noise influence. The first track has a fairly simple design and pattern that if you seen it "on paper" you would probably think "meh that isn't going to be special", but they pulled it off and it sounds incredible. It flows, it's perfectly arranged and maneuvered that its short 4 minute life span comes out of the speakers as a completely unforgettable romp that I don't think anyone else would have pulled it off quite the same. I could listen to just that first track over and over (and I have). The thing that is even better about this little CD is that each track can still hold its own weight next to it. To me the whole thing is an A+ piece of work. But I understand you about wanting more. Of course, like anyone else who likes them, I wish for more material and I'm hoping they do more than just a 3'' next time. I've always said that Disgust is P.E. that you can mosh to, or even blast in your car without getting too many funny looks.

Ashmonger

Various Artists - Juche (CD, DPRK): Compilation featuring Turbund Sturmwerk, Operation Cleansweep, Con-Dom, Genocide Organ, Militia, Ex.Order, The Grey Wolves and Anenzephalia. Very interesting compilation, with a concept (Democratic People's Republic of Korea, of which I don't know too much, to be honest). Worthwhile in general, after I first listen I mostly liked the tracks of Con-Dom, Genocide Organ and The Grey Wolves. Glad I still could get it, as it's strictly limited (to 15.000.000 copies).

Con-Dom/ANTIchildLEAGUE - Free Speech Series (3"CDr in glass frame, L.White Records): Really like this CD, very good. To me it sounds more like Death Industrial than straight Power Electronics (though I'm far from being an expert). Great vocals as well.

absurdexposition

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 03, 2010, 08:59:43 AM
Quote from: shakehurst on December 01, 2010, 07:05:15 PM

I thought the length of each track worked well for this style and approach, with the whole "Power Violence" in the form of PE / Man is the Bastard / Bastard Noise influence. The first track has a fairly simple design and pattern that if you seen it "on paper" you would probably think "meh that isn't going to be special", but they pulled it off and it sounds incredible. It flows, it's perfectly arranged and maneuvered that its short 4 minute life span comes out of the speakers as a completely unforgettable romp that I don't think anyone else would have pulled it off quite the same. I could listen to just that first track over and over (and I have). The thing that is even better about this little CD is that each track can still hold its own weight next to it. To me the whole thing is an A+ piece of work. But I understand you about wanting more. Of course, like anyone else who likes them, I wish for more material and I'm hoping they do more than just a 3'' next time. I've always said that Disgust is P.E. that you can mosh to, or even blast in your car without getting too many funny looks.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. It's a perfect release, I just want more. I picked up their new tape on Danvers State but haven't had a chance to pop it in yet.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com