PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on March 13, 2017, 09:50:20 AM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on March 11, 2017, 02:13:32 PM
c'mon, let's have the gabba/industrial techno names
my tucked up 90's were full of squat parties playing this and 'industrial' speedcore
hope you are picking up drop bass network stuff.

I still have a box of Bloody Fist/Industrial Strength 12"s. Most speedcore/gabber records are pretty easy to find these days..

some of the Bloody Fist and IST records are worth some money now though if in good condition. I enjoy all of that, labels like Drop Bass, Apocalypse Recordings and Jay Randall's little microlabels, but I also dig a lot of post 2002 nu-style gabber in all of its ultra-compressed cheesy glory. Enzyme, Meta4, basically anything on under Cardiac.nl management.

but related to this forum, been enjoying some Northwest USA industrial weirdness. I think it's this damp time of year...
Mutant Video - all releases - Cronenberg industrial supremacy. amphetamine psychosis meditations.

Bite Itself - Shallow Water cassette - a mix of dirge-y industrial, metal clattering, and minimal spooky atmosphere. feel like this would appeal to a lot of people here if it came out on F&V or Untergeschoss.

Drowner - Modern Paranoia & Burning Room cassettes
- horror film synth and gritty industrial noise. highly recommended!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

absurdexposition

Quote from: Major Carew on March 13, 2017, 02:07:52 AM
Grave Upheaval - Untitled 2 x LP: Wasn't aware of them until I was shown this album whilst going down the great ocean road, nice & heavy ,very enjoyable.

So great.

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on March 13, 2017, 03:53:03 PM
Mutant Video - all releases - Cronenberg industrial supremacy. amphetamine psychosis meditations.

Yes!
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

david lloyd jones

Some items I picked up whilst in Australia:

Grave Upheaval - Untitled 2 x LP: Wasn't aware of them until I was shown this album whilst going down the great ocean road, nice & heavy ,very enjoyable.

Amour Group 'Purge' tape : Cleaner approach to synth sounds & samples than I usually go for but very good indeed.

Amour Group 'Live 2013' tape : Nice rough sound, would have liked it to have been longer.

Abysmal Lord - Disciples Of The Inferno LP Good, but could have been heavier with regard to sonics. Didn't get the point of the electronic / synth interludes in between the tracks. Nonetheless enjoyable & gets better with each listen though....

Sentenced For Life - Cold On The Blue : Fucking fantastic, rough & murky sound but with loads going on. Was shown this on a 'Audiophile' quality system whilst over there at a big volume. It's one of those recordings you really need to crank up to get everything out of it.

Les Baxter - various CD collections Found a shop in Tasmania that had a load of exotica.

the armour group lp and, especially the live tape make me look forward to ufoi this year.
les Baxter is a fucking genius, possibly greater than martin Denny.

XXX

Quote from: david lloyd jones on March 13, 2017, 06:27:45 PM
Les Baxter - various CD collections Found a shop in Tasmania that had a load of exotica.

les Baxter is a fucking genius, possibly greater than martin Denny.

Arthur Lyman makes the holy trinity of exotica in my book. Top notch stuff that.

Euro Trash Bazooka

NIKUDOREI / TOILET NO HANAKO-SAN BAND - split tape.
NIKUDOREI / TASOGARE BANCHO - split tape.
GROYXO / AXMO - split tape.
OPS-PSF / NOISE WASTE - split tape.
DECHE CHARGE / SPACEGRINDER - split tape.
DEADLY VERITY / RUIDO DE ODIO - split tape.
TOXIC SEX -  Noise Grind As Angry Mind tape.

Mostly Japanese noisecore morning, covering all ranges of noisecore: from the cosmic noise and growls of SPACEGRINDER to the cut-up microblasts of GROYXO, the DIY rhythmic noise of DEADLY VERITY (Kei = God), OPS-PSF's muffled crazy bits of toilet-noise and NIKUDOREI going from drone to brutal grind attack, all the bases are covered and I am happy.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

bitewerksMTB

Zos Kia/Coil "Transparent" double LP (Cold Spring)- absolutely ESSENTIAL to own for classic industrial music fans. There's some glorious female screaming & Charles Manson (I think it's the first time I've heard this particular rant except for the ending, which, Poison Idea used).

david lloyd jones

the nekrophile tape resurfaces at long last.
how some early industrial was, how some 'ritual' 'dark ambient' would be.
along with other nekrophile releases, of minimal influence now but heavy at the time.
possibly as the whole occult current was of the time and no longer so, (as far as this music goes) and is now not music related/focussed, to such a degree.
this release possibly represents a music and it's magical current at it's height.
in a sense this reissue is like a shadow at Hiroshima-a memory at best.

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: david lloyd jones on March 15, 2017, 07:39:40 PM
the nekrophile tape resurfaces at long last.
how some early industrial was, how some 'ritual' 'dark ambient' would be.
along with other nekrophile releases, of minimal influence now but heavy at the time.
possibly as the whole occult current was of the time and no longer so, (as far as this music goes) and is now not music related/focussed, to such a degree.
this release possibly represents a music and it's magical current at it's height.
in a sense this reissue is like a shadow at Hiroshima-a memory at best.

My roommate worships this stuff and has all the original cassettes and a few vinyls if I remember, as a fanatic devotee of studying all things related to Kenneth Grant and the mighty ZOS I immediately fell in love with this stuff myself and I think it still has its place outside of being just a memory but I'm probably biased. You summed it up though, 'possibly represents a music and it's magical current at it's height'.

Somewhat regretfully sold my original press of the Zos Kia/Coil split a few years ago....might have to buy one of those represses here soon..

gabalgabow

INSANE ORDER
Death grind from France
For fans of Napalm death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rtRpCPbKKw

F_c_O

Insect Warfare - World Extermination

The only bad thing about this album is that the cover artwork doesnt have any insects on it! Otherwise this is about as good as grind will ever get.

Order from Chaost - Stillbirth Machine/Ending in Fire

Best death metal ever? Best death metal ever. Nothing else needs to be said about this bunch. Now, if I only could score one of those gold bordered Order From Chaos patches for my vest. . .

RyanWreck

Spite Extreme Wing - "Kosmokrator"

Italian nationalists (see Black Metal Invitta Armata) playing typical Scandinavian styled Black Metal with tremelo picking and tons of blasts. High grade recording quality lets you hear everything. I bought this album after I had bought "Vltra" and it's really nothing like it but it wasn't a waste of money as this is a fairly decent album when I'm in the mood for some conventional and typical 2nd wave Black Metal.

Spite Extreme Wing - "Vltra"

Yep, that's "Ultra" spelled with a fucking V. Hooligans who found Black Metal and have hand poked runic tattoo's and unironically wearing shirts with wolves on them. But musically its a very solid album. The blastbeats are replaced with downbeats but double bass rolls still permeate through each song with majestic and epic riffing. Song "VIII" is an exception with it's 80's Dark Folk stylings and Death in June worship. There is also a cover of The Beatles' song "Helter Skelter" that is rockin' as fuck tbh, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kF05x0_334

eyestrain

urall

Stimulant - s/t LP
Ex-members of Water Torture doing a full album of power violence the way i like it. Sounds harsher than WT as well imo probably because they traded in the bass for guitar.
https://nervealtar.bandcamp.com/album/stimulant

Deadpriest

Pissdeads are a fucking revelation. The Russian Sept Star Sete,
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

FreakAnimalFinland

ATRAX MORGUE "195 Melrose Avenue NW2" tape
Self Abuse
1996 Atrax Morgue, insane as usual. This tape is very good for mixing the demented ultra simple synth sound + vocals type of tracks with more comple and free-flowing noisier tracks. Titles include such great ones as Give Me A Corpse, Cuntrazor, She's Dead (Now), Crush My Cock, Troubled Meat, etc.....   After so many LP reissues on Urashima, one can't really justify "more of the same", but still this tape is better than some of the already done reissues.

9th MASSACRE "Murder" tape
RICHARD RAMIREZ "Nature's Afterbirth" tape

Deadline
Brilliant 90's Ramirez noise. Sometimes loop stuff gets 9th Massacre almost to "usa pe" feel to it. Certainly closer to early Death Squad stuff. however, it is most of all just plain brutal harsh noise.
1994 Nature's Afterbirth is just the type of ramirez noise one can appreciate as needed dosage of "no bullshit" straight forward carnage, from the days when he always delivered

V/A INRI tape
Cold Spring
In morning was browsing tapes and thought, why not check out "where it all started". Already infamous UK label, back in late 80's, put out this CS 001. Psychic TV and Grey Wolves are names that still appear on Cold Spring catalogue. Many of the other obscure experimental & noise names here don't say much. GW's industrial beat track here is really eerie. Few of the noisier contributions from bands work great. The Psychic TV live pieces and kind of atmopsheric experimental rock tunes between don't do much for me.

DOKUMENT #6 - Rituals tape
Private Edition
East and south? I guess so. African rituals certainly have quite horrid feel to them. Savage chants.

V/A SILENCE=DEATH tape
Bored Bear Recordings
I didn't even remember what this is. Thought it could be some sort of death industrial release I didn't remember and just popped it to tape player without going through j-card. I appreciated how diverse the tape was, and then while turning side, looked insert and damn! This is the Queer noise comp from 2011! Being C-100 tape, and if the qualification has been that one needs to be identifying as "queer noise", it didn't give very promising expectation for quality, but perhaps it was about listening this without remembering what it was, that it turns out to be fairly good. No a classic by any means, but wholeness is strong enough to hold few weaker bits good enough to make comp work. Diversity and quality what wasn't expected. Funny thing is that cover doesn't print any contact addressies etc, but there is printed link to specific chondriticsound forum topic. What it has been, no idea...  
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net