PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xkonyayx

Here the list of that for a long time lodged in my playlist for the last weeks:

Scatmother "Flowers Of Maltreatment":

Yeah, I think that it is one of the best new power electronics projects in recent years! Very powerful and brutal sound, absolutely atypical for the German PE scene, a angry vocal and perfectly picked up samples. Simply killer release.

White Nigger "Negrofil":

Project of people from Forza Albino, as wrote at this forum, "sounds as though Broken Flag's power electronics meets noisecore", and I completely agree with it! Crude mad noisecore with feedbacks abundance which will force you pissed your trousers. I adore it!

Forza Albino "Black Dog":

If any told to me that this album is recordings about 20-25 years ago, I sacredly would believe in it. Magnificent raw power electronics in total old school sounding! Very much I want to buy it on vinyl from Freak Animal, a tremendous album.

Mutilated Slut "Acid Attack":

I adore Hal Hutchinson and I adore old school harsh noise / power electronics, so this tape became the real find for me. Long intensive lo-fi noise will remind to you of early days of the American noise school.

Xenophobic Ejaculation "Black Hole":

Here, I think, without comments. Great group and magnificent new album! As always it is tremendous!

November Novelet "World In Devotion":

I am the old admirer of Galakthorrö, very much I love their concept and their esthetics. This album simply takes breath, very qualitative and magnificent.

Alfarmania & Proiekt Hat "Mardrömd Dödsström":

Incredibly powerful release on the atmosphere. Obeys in an trance. Very unkind and grim sounding, as though a soundtrack to any movie. Simply perfectly!

Sutcliffe Jügend & Prurient "End Of Autumn":

Very interesting collaboration, quite atmospheric and deep on sounding. Very much I love Prurient and Sutcliffe Jügend separately, therefore "End Of Autumn" could not disappoint me!

Född Död "Studie I Närhet, Längtan Och Besvikelse" / "On Ne Mozhet Lyubit Tebya Bolshe":

Most "girly" and "hipster" project in the list, hah. But it sounds perfectly! Lo-fi electronics / synth pop, sad and cold. Some moments sound as Burzum of times of ambient albums :) . Burzum meets Crystal Castles, hah! Also there are texts in Russian, and without any accent, thanks to what I draw a conclusion that the girl vocalist is the Russian living in Sweden. Causes pride of Russia, ha-ha, though my country made something well)

Haters / Hal Hutchinson "Xylowave / Amplifaction II":

80 minutes of of old school noise from from Haters and and intensive metal junk from HH! Fucking LOVE it!

Kommando R.J.F. "Sweet Slow Suicide":

Return of a legendary Swedish project from the 80th, after 30 years of silences, this time with the participation of Kristian Ollson and Tommy Carlsson. It turned out as if there did not pass these 30 years, as though this release a sort from the 80th. Perfectly.

Young Hustlers "Encaged":

New opening from Sweden, obviously promising formation! With interest I will wait for their following releases!

Zyklon SS "Iron Division":

As I already wrote, I differ passionate love to HH, but ZSS is separately in this list because long ago there was no such cool project! An improbable album, also appear it in the middle of the 90th, I think, could even eclipse such giants of that time as Genocide Organ and Operation Cleansweep :)

White Heterosexuals "Modern Heterosexuality":

Very cool old school PE from States, but now it seems does not exist :(

Also I want to tell that very much I want to listen to Sadio / Prurient, Sadio / Caligula031, HH "Industrial Developments", it is sure that they would fill up this list :)

Zeno Marx

G*Park - Reuters 2008 - if Hands To was recording on the quarterdeck of Nurse with Wound's Salt Marie Celeste ship in a bathtub during an electrical storm (ie someone dropped the hair dryer in the tub); see "Knar" - or a twisted detailing of percussion played on working millstones - or plucking giant galvanized metal exhaust fans like a harp; see "Icen" - I don't know, but this is strong and organic; chock full of depth and ambiance - RECOMMENDED.
G*Park - Seismogramm 2008 - it took me a little longer to sink into this one - reminded me, at times, of something like  Walter Marchetti's Per La Sete Dell'orecchio; organic and deceptive.
G*Park - 911 2012 - as in 2011-09-11 - untouched field recordings sewn together in a single 35-minute piece.
G*Park - Corpse 2012 - liked the second side better than the first - felt like two comp tracks thrown on a tape.
G*Park - Yack Park 1993 - a more subdued album - good feel - the title always throws me off.
G*Park - Geopod 1995 - such a greatly attractive and captivating album - one of those albums best at low/moderate volume to screw with the senses.
Herbst9 - Usumgal Kalamma 2011 - not the biggest fan of where Herbst9 has gone in the past few releases.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

jadderly

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 22, 2017, 03:00:10 AM
Herbst9 - Usumgal Kalamma 2011 - not the biggest fan of where Herbst9 has gone in the past few releases.

In general I really have to be in the mood to listen to them. Probably why I never got past the debut album and the Z'EV collaboration one. Where did they drop off in your opinion?

Deadpriest

Listened to Myth of Blood by Grunt over and over last night.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

david lloyd jones

did my laundry today at Laundromat.
hums, whirs, tones gallor with occasional beep or click.
not sarcastic entry but reminder of my acid fuelled student life where this was the ultimate non music to me.
and I got my laundry done!

Zeno Marx

Quote from: jadderly on January 22, 2017, 04:19:39 AM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 22, 2017, 03:00:10 AM

In general I really have to be in the mood to listen to them. Probably why I never got past the debut album and the Z'EV collaboration one. Where did they drop off in your opinion?
I gave The Gods are Small Birds, But I am The Falcon (2008) a listen.  That's a relatively solid album. The tribalism and quasar occultism are still in good taste, but I think it was "And Everything Around Him Answered" that reminds me of the newer feel.  It's almost like what you'd hear on a not-good Steve Roach album (and there are some very good Steve Roach albums).

G*Park - Sub 2013 - last of the G*Park listening for a while... - lots of really good material here, but the first track, and then one of the tracks off the 2nd CD, are why I remembered not liking this as much as several of the others; common techniques or styles that I don't like to hear anywhere, and here they were - the final track of the set is more of that deep quarterdeck recording like what I so fondly associate with Reuters.
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Deadpriest

Demonologists: Miscarriage Of The Soul
Terg & Mensch Schmerz Interaktion: split
Richard Ramirez/Black Leather Jesus: Scrapyard
Merzbow/John Wiese: Multiplication
Robe.: Bleak
Macronympha: Transgenderism
HARD PANNING (the ultimate contemporary cut-up harsh noise international compilation)
To Live And Shave In LA: An Interview with the Mitchell Brothers
CUT UP AMERICA pre order. va

Ernpe

Hal Hutchinson - Mangraft lp (Urashima 2016)

Scratching metalworks by Hal Hutchinson. Three tracks on a-side recorded 2016 sound very, very dry. Perhaps a bit thin, perhaps a bit slow in motion but very pleasingly dynamic, distorted sound. On b-side we have a side lenght title track from 2012. Heavier, less distorted sound, but basicly quite much the same. For those into banging metal sounds, this album should work well. Vinyl pressing also is most excellent, not a single unwanted sound here.

Alfarmania & Proiekt Hat - Mardrömd Dödsström lp (Tesco 2016)

The first time I hear material from Proiekt Hat, apart from some odd track on some v/a-comp. Albums starts by lengthy track with repeating bass rumble, some echoing sounds moving behind it. Fairy traditional power electronics approach, though no vocals here. After the opening, things get more gloomy, near ambient and ritualistic. Third track then is like mixture of two previous, with dirty bass rumbling, occasional feedback, someone wailing from far beoynd and slow ritual percussion hitting every now and then. The track evolves into ambient and next begins with low bass again. All in all, apart for the most ambienty track, Mardrömd Dödsström offers a nice dirty power electronics / lofi death industrial.

Bizarre Uproar / Sick Seed - split 7" (Filth and Violence 2016)

Surprisingly it took until 2016 before gentlemen Markkula & PPT got their, I dare say, main projects on same record. Both perform classic dirty Finnish power electronics, much more straight forward than on their latest records, but due both being duo lineup, I assume material here is fresh and not from archies. BU starts with junk metal, then feedback, almost like a loop. Vocals very low in the mix. SS has well noise driven, feedback attacking track with PPT's trademark vocal entering at the end of the track. Overall very nice split if you're into 2000s Finnish power electronics. I would like to see both artists performing more material like this.

Liebestod - Beta Male lp (Chondritic Sound 2016)

Heavy electronics. Dark mood. Both industrial and atmospheric material. Shortish tracks and short album, makes it a good listen, especially as tracks flow nicely from one to other. Sound is clear and sharp. Could be on my top list of 2016.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

urall

Quote from: ricjaff on January 19, 2017, 08:37:04 AM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 18, 2017, 09:25:00 PM
Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on January 18, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
BLACK CILICE - summoning the night

probably the best black metal act since many years

raw and low-fi . dark and mysterious. something of Darkthrone of Transivanian hunger and something of Xasthur.

got a recommendation on an album to start with? I like the sound of Darkthrone meets Xasthur

Though mostly similar to Xasthur, I'd also recommend Moon from Australia. I've been going through the discography and it's all been quality thus far. I started with Melek Taus, which is a compilation of demos and split tracks.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/912204-Moon-22

yeah great stuff, but impossible to find on vinyl.. unfortunately i couldn't grab a copy of Melek Taus.

cr

Lots of RAMLEH (all eras) and related (S.P.I.T.E., Ethnic Acid, AX, Kleistwahr, ...) in the past two weeks. Great variety of sounds and styles, but always somehow dark, sinister and melancholic. At least for me.

Zeno Marx

Yannick Dauby - The Disaster Area 2016 (Semperflorens/Kalerne) - amazing, top shelf manipulated field recordings and electro-acoustic album; like his early works and NOT straight field recordings - two long tracks - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - for me, it doesn't get much better than this.

Skin Crime - The House on the Cliff 2016 - side A is akin to the s/t album from the period, though I don't think it rises to quite that level of greatness; foreboding and atmospheric - side B is powerful, noisy, and industrial electronics - really good album.
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

cantle

Scatmother- Flowers of Maltreatment. Excellent varied PE- on pretty much costantly here.

hkso

Quote from: cantle on January 29, 2017, 07:19:49 PM
Scatmother- Flowers of Maltreatment. Excellent varied PE- on pretty much costantly here.

Agreed. No doubt one of the more exciting new acts in this field... need to pick up the other album too.

Deadpriest

Slogun: Visit/Revisist
Striecher: Annihilist
Incapacitants: Mon Ma? Mon!!
Sutcliffe Jugend: Masks
Sutcliffe Jugend: This Is The Truth
The Rita: Raymond Stage Arrangements Of Women
Control: The Resistance
Control: The Means To An End
Xenophobic Ejaculation: Purity Through Fire
XXX Maniak/Lymphatic Phlegm: Split

cr

Skullflower: IIIrd Gatekeeper

Depending on the mood, this one (and most of SF) can be either great or not so...
Today it's definitely great! Monolithic.