PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadderly

Some recent listens:

O Yuki Conjugate: Peyote

I like this better than the last time I played it, but still prefer Equator or the earlier stuff. "Tribal" ambient with a lot of percussive elements. It's a good album, just overshadowed by their other stuff.

Gnawed/Ligature Impression - Split

Gnawed is great as always, LI is very average PE.

Shibalba - Samsara

Not exactly dark ambient because it's too busy. Some percussive elements, ISN-style synth orchestrations, and a general "ritual feel". Pretty good but needs more time to sink in.

Mental Destruction - When Madness Strikes

Primitive as all hell industrial, basically on par with Nekrophile type stuff in terms of fidelity. It works though, highly enjoyable. I wish they would release new material or at least reissue the back catalog with some bonus material.

Macronympha - Super Oxide

Studio material from '90-93 compiled and released in 2011. Some good harsh noise, junk metal in there as well. Not a truly great release but good and a worthwhile listen.

Bad Sector - Cephus

Filed this away after buying it, thought it wasn't as good as past material. Played again recently and changed my mind. This is excellent, just need to play it more often.

ANDROPHILIA

BLACK CILICE - summoning the night

probably the best black metal act since many years

raw and low-fi . dark and mysterious. something of Darkthrone of Transivanian hunger and something of Xasthur.

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Theodore

Brutalomania - Mess , very good harsh noise to satisfy your needs. I haven't listened Mixturizer so i don't know if Brutalomania brings significant differences, but if there was another Brutalomania release for sale i would buy it now ! I ll check Mixturizer too.

Mess has pace, direction, it grabs your attention -except the 2nd track which sounds more like "just make noise" to me but that's fine too- . It doesn't reinvent the wheel, just using it on a good vehicle and running the streets.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on January 18, 2017, 06:16:14 PM

raw and low-fi . dark and mysterious. something of Darkthrone of Transivanian hunger and something of Xasthur.

got a recommendation on an album to start with? I like the sound of Darkthrone meets Xasthur
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 18, 2017, 09:25:00 PM

got a recommendation on an album to start with? I like the sound of Darkthrone meets Xasthur

the last album Mysteries can be rappresentative.
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

WCrap

new piece from forthcoming album
https://soundcloud.com/iron-bonehead-productions/black-cilice-timeless-spectre

i saw the first ever Black Cilice concert in december. this was pretty impressive and my 2016 highlight.

the Candelabrum album just got reissued too
https://soundcloud.com/altareproductions/candelabrum-necrotelepathy-part-i-distant-voices-in-the-darkest-night
pretty likely it is the same person as Black Cilice

absurdexposition

BOYD RICE / NON - Archival Rarities 1975-1981 5LP box set (Vinyl On Demand)

This was waiting for me when I got home from work and I've just spent the night with it. Well-done box of archival rarities (obviously), and while not everything is crucial there are some great things included here. Namely the first LP (Tests / Rough Sketches), unedited material that was never processed but serves to give an idea of how material would have first been worked on for the Black Album. The next most interesting stuff is the A-side of the third LP (live at SO36, 1980 - the soundboard at this gig was being run by Genesis P-Orridge) and the final LP (first NON show + two more from '78). The material in between (Roto-Guitar / Barbie and Ken / Hitchcock, Rice and Turman) is maybe only for true fans / archivists as it doesn't necessarily standout as much as the aforementioned material, but is interesting nonetheless. 12-page LP-sized booklet contains decent enough liner notes from Boyd (in his usual style) as well as archival photos (some previously seen, some not). Worth it for the history, though I will likely only ever revisit certain sections of this.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

ricjaff

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 18, 2017, 09:25:00 PM

Though mostly similar to Xasthur, I'd also recommend Moon from Australia. I've been going through the discography and it's all been quality thus far. I started with Melek Taus, which is a compilation of demos and split tracks.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/912204-Moon-22

F_c_O

Pretty much everyone around black cilice is pure fucking gold but two that stand out for me are Vetala and Forbidden Citadel of Spirits. Absolutely crude, lofi, utterly chaotic black metal. Both bands sound like the members have no idea how to actually play their instruments. It all sounds improvised and recorded on shitty tape deck. Its all so awesome.

Another one is Astaroth from Australia. I can guarantee that most people who hear their LP Real Hate are completely off put by just pure, well, shittyness and sloppyness of it all. Its one band whose material you have to actually buy cause its almost impossible to track down as mp3s or so. Just buy their stuff and regret wasting your money, hah!

As for my personal playlist, mostly Babylon Whores. Completely addicted to this band. Love it. Cant stop listening.

AXNAAR

Quote from: F_c_O on January 19, 2017, 10:57:01 AM
Pretty much everyone around black cilice is pure fucking gold but two that stand out for me are Vetala and Forbidden Citadel of Spirits. Absolutely crude, lofi, utterly chaotic black metal. Both bands sound like the members have no idea how to actually play their instruments. It all sounds improvised and recorded on shitty tape deck. Its all so awesome.

Another one is Astaroth from Australia. I can guarantee that most people who hear their LP Real Hate are completely off put by just pure, well, shittyness and sloppyness of it all. Its one band whose material you have to actually buy cause its almost impossible to track down as mp3s or so. Just buy their stuff and regret wasting your money, hah!

As for my personal playlist, mostly Babylon Whores. Completely addicted to this band. Love it. Cant stop listening.

You may enjoy these if not already familiar:

Wóddréa Mylenstede: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqeuM6NXKpA
Niderung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKUZnNQqzjQ

Duncan

Gentle Giant - Octopus
Gentle Giant - Acquiring the Taste
Gentle Giant - The Power and the Glory

Ashmonger

S.T.A.B. Electronics - Day Of The Male (CD, Unrest Productions): First release of S.T.A.B. Electronics I get. Fits very well in the Unrest roster of course, Industrial PE, with good rythmic synth throbbing (is that the right way to describe it? I really suck at this). Vocals aren't my favorite though and I'm not certain if it's the effects which are used or the delivery itself...

Straight Arm Salute - Pelkkää Vihaa (CD, Europa Erwache): More Power Electronics than the former Martial stuff and it's better. The 1st album and split with Stormheit were good too, but there was a bit of cheesiness, that's lacking here. That writing about Pure Hatred in combination with the lyrics about killing niggers, jews, lefties, race traitors... made me chuckle though....

david lloyd jones

the continuing obsession of the Rita with ballet-dancers, dancing, legs, feet, etch
sounds on first listens are complex and interesting
postage from USA dreadful.

Zeno Marx

a little something more and obvious about G*Park...

Since my last post, I listened to 15 and Gour.  I wasn't impressed by 15, but Gour is a very decent album.  As maybe to be expected, and not all that uncommon, those early tapes vs new material is playfulness and exploration of tools and a flood of new territories vs honed skills and focus.  The discarding of the traditions of music into full-on sonics.  The sophomore vs the PhD.  Experimentalism in a broad sense vs acoustics and field recordings.  I reckon that is inevitable, but that's not to imply a loss.  He was great and still is.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Deadpriest

Sun Kil Moon: Benji
Wertham: Memories From The Pigsty
Brainbombs: Fucking Mess
Brainbombs: Cheap
Taint: Sex Sick
Xenophobic Ejaculation: Purity Through Fire
Merzbow: Frog+
Hair Police: Drawn Dead
Fecalove: Great Northern War