PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnus

david lloyd jones

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on January 12, 2017, 01:16:23 AM

" make PE disturbing again "

agreed. an excellent follow up to their previous f&v release.

andy vomit

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on January 12, 2017, 01:16:23 AM

" make PE disturbing again "

got a copy of this arriving any day now (i hope), really looking forward to it..  last disc made me really uncomfortable in the best possible ways
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Deadpriest

To live And Shave In LA:  Vedder Vedder Bed Wetter
Jesus Meat: The Stench Of Rotted Whore Cunt
Skin Crime:  Dystrophy
Meads Of Asphodel:  Sonderkommando
Black Cinema With Kenji Siratori:  Spoken Words And Broken Nerves
Bizarre Uproar: Unsafe and Insane
MDK: Pussy Morgue
Government Alpha: Impure Drought
Nicole 12:  Playground/Lolita love
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Zeno Marx

G*Park...

several albums from the 80s and 90s.  I'd forgotten how strangely musical they can be.  Truly engaging and interesting.  An endless sound palette.  A hybrid of classic Nurse with Wound, Conrad Schnitzler minimalist synth work, and the finest electro-acoustic ideas.  Beautiful and with just the right touch of crudeness.  In the realm of Brume.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

absoluten calfeutrail

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 16, 2017, 08:05:34 PM
G*Park...

I've been wanting to check out G*Park for years - could you recommend a good starting point? Cheers.

Duncan

Quote from: absoluten calfeutrail on January 17, 2017, 12:59:19 AM
G*Park...

I've been wanting to check out G*Park for years - could you recommend a good starting point? Cheers.

I've only got the CD version of Seismogramm and it's fucking excellent.  I would be interested in some recommendations of easier to find works of his as it's a sound I like an awful lot.  Very unique but totally satisfies a lot of urges one can often have for particular Concrete style sounds!  I've heard good things about the Reuters LP too and should really pick that up too.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Duncan on January 17, 2017, 01:56:32 AM
Quote from: absoluten calfeutrail on January 17, 2017, 12:59:19 AM
G*Park...

I've only got the CD version of Seismogramm and it's fucking excellent.  I would be interested in some recommendations of easier to find works of his as it's a sound I like an awful lot.  Very unique but totally satisfies a lot of urges one can often have for particular Concrete style sounds!  I've heard good things about the Reuters LP too and should really pick that up too.
It's unfortunate that the early cassettes reissue box was so limited and expensive.  If nothing else, maybe a web label could bandcamp release those?  Or maybe already are and I don't know about it.  Honestly, I'd recommend it all.  The older works on CD (two on Zabriskie Point and Seismogramm on Blossoming Noise) are all affordable and easy to find.  I have less experience with Reuters and Sub, and I don't think I've heard 15, Corpse, or Gour.  I liked Sub, but it didn't absorb me like the earlier works.  That would probably be different today as I'm deep in it.  G*Park can be a moody endeavor.  When it takes hold, it's an intimate, tight embrace.  When it doesn't, it can be a cold emptiness.  In the latter case, you still recognize you're listening to something special.  You just don't follow it into its hole is all.
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

absoluten calfeutrail

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 17, 2017, 03:14:22 AM
G*Park can be a moody endeavor.  When it takes hold, it's an intimate, tight embrace.  When it doesn't, it can be a cold emptiness.  In the latter case, you still recognize you're listening to something special.  You just don't follow it into its hole is all.

I'd totally take that gamble for the mere possibility of what you're describing. Thanks!

Johann

Reuters is a phenomenal LP, it's very surreal and completely absorbing. I thought sub was quite powerful as well but can't comment further because it's been a while for both.

Johann

Last two nights been binge listening to this bootleg Cassette of all of anti cimex 7" and absolute country of Sweden, b-side finishes side two of the LP and then it's the shitlickers till the end. Quality of the bootleg is bad in the best way. Anarkist Attack starts it off, this one is a little rough since the sound is low and grain is high. But by the time you make it to Raped Ass and Victims of a Bomb Raid it's really shredding under all the murk. Think the boot was made in Germany, home dub with xerox track list. Has me flipping it again and again.

Decrepitude

Quote from: Baglady on January 12, 2017, 11:44:44 AM
FACIALMESS / HERMIT - Split C60 (Recalcitrant Noise, 1997)
Nice looking tape. Transparent grip tape covering the case, j-card in vellum paper...
Facialmess is really on fire on this one. Not as cutup as the other stuff I've heard from him (haven't heard much), but rather free-flowing. I kinda picture Pain Jerk and Incapacitants merged into one single person when I hear this. Speed, intensely sputtering synths, lots of crunch and effective use of vocals and samples to top it off. Tight as hell, yet still swinging. As noted above, I don't have much Facialmess in my shelves. Recommendations are welcome!
Hermit is quite the opposite when it comes to pace and temper. A track in four parts ("a noise adaptation of Vivaldi's Four Seasons" according to the j-card), all somewhat similar except for the last part. Restrained pulsating rumblings and drones. Not anywhere near the ecstacy of Facialmess, but then that wasn't Hermit's intention I suppose. Good stuff, and well needed after the wrestling match on speed that is side A.

I got the Facialmess/Distant Relative tape a while ago and that one has been getting a lot of plays here. Facialmess does nice and squishy developing cut-ups and Distant Relative does nice flowing harsh noise intercepted with strange sports commentator? Samples.

david lloyd jones

live in Finland by both Hal Hutchinson and zss.
both indicative of respective projects, zss the more interesting for it's til 2016, release only profile. seen at 2016 ufoi weekend, this is characteristic and good example of this time.
both are good quality recordings of their events, released on cassette, sounds repeated on each side.
excellent covers.
both available via der bunker

gabalgabow

Zeno Marx

Facialmess was in a really powerful pocket in that 1996-1998 period.  I'm a little hazy on the beginning and ending of it because I haven't heard some of the tapes.  1997 was a particularly good year.  I felt he was playing in the same arena as '93-'96 Merzbow, with stunning dynamics and fluidity.  There's another potentially great box set idea.  He did a split with Gestorte Nachbarn and then a s/t C-20 that sold me (both on his label Bloated Corpse).  I don't think either one of those is on Discogs, either.  Anyone happen to have a list of Bloated Corpse releases?  I see only three are showing at Discogs.
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.