Special Interest
January 20, 2017, 10:18:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 1250804 times)
monotome, david lloyd jones and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Johann
user

« Reply #6225 on: January 11, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »

Valerio Tricoli: Vixit (secondsleep) Sick day today (which always makes me nervous to take even when I truly need it) so I'm trying to clear away some of the flu feelings and anxiety with back to back listening. First up on deck is Vixit, apperantly this LP is edited down from a larger audio piece that was played at Lampo in Chicago and based somewhat on the sound machines of Luigi Rusollo. The A side starts with a very organic crackle and manipulated sounds of water, soon giving way to a outerworldly drone that comes rising up and is punctuated by loud airplane drones panning back and forth, the impact of the sound and mastering are staggering...quiets into what could be rain falling or audio fragments sprinkled in that kind of way, wind chimes and distant trains (none of which are likely what they seem or sound) giving way to a massive drone dripping with acoustic sounds from an unknown room, the tapes begins to speed up and slow down turning into a lush electric haze...B side starts of with a creaking drone that seems to rock back and forth, wet sounds decaying underneath. The  sounds of a broken music box seem to take shape, fragments of everyday reality are mixed with beautiful electronics who's subtle rings consume whole rooms before finding the closet think to an identifiable "rhythm", it won't last though and soon morphs again into ghostly moans before flickering to silence. This entire record has a hauntingly sad yet beautiful quality to it. Tricoli is able to project into the future while having one foot firmly planted in the musique concrete of the past. One of the finest relases of 2016.
Peterson
Diehard user

NEUROTIC FORCE & FORCE NEUROTIC

« Reply #6226 on: January 11, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »

Valerio Tricoli: Vixit (secondsleep) Sick day today (which always makes me nervous to take even when I truly need it) so I'm trying to clear away some of the flu feelings and anxiety with back to back listening. First up on deck is Vixit, apperantly this LP is edited down from a larger audio piece that was played at Lampo in Chicago and based somewhat on the sound machines of Luigi Rusollo. The A side starts with a very organic crackle and manipulated sounds of water, soon giving way to a outerworldly drone that comes rising up and is punctuated by loud airplane drones panning back and forth, the impact of the sound and mastering are staggering...quiets into what could be rain falling or audio fragments sprinkled in that kind of way, wind chimes and distant trains (none of which are likely what they seem or sound) giving way to a massive drone dripping with acoustic sounds from an unknown room, the tapes begins to speed up and slow down turning into a lush electric haze...B side starts of with a creaking drone that seems to rock back and forth, wet sounds decaying underneath. The  sounds of a broken music box seem to take shape, fragments of everyday reality are mixed with beautiful electronics who's subtle rings consume whole rooms before finding the closet think to an identifiable "rhythm", it won't last though and soon morphs again into ghostly moans before flickering to silence. This entire record has a hauntingly sad yet beautiful quality to it. Tricoli is able to project into the future while having one foot firmly planted in the musique concrete of the past. One of the finest relases of 2016.

Everything I'm a sucker for with only a couple exceptions, damn...Johann, please link me to where I can purchase or check this out further, excellent review!

Johann
user

« Reply #6227 on: January 12, 2017, 01:09:07 AM »

Menstraution Sisters Puppet Island: vocal vomit, a voice eating itself...silence and then the subtle chime of bells, suddenly the voice becomes more prominent (only for a few seconds) and then the chimes go straight into the red, feedback hovering in open ambience after every clank...explodes into a massive drone of untuned/detuned guitar feedback as one string is plucked, light use of cymbals, patterns emerging on the kit helping to pull together semblance (maybe), shit is loud, penetrating feedback with seemingly little to no effects. Some kind of primitive take on music, strange vocals barely audible, sounds childlike and disturbed. Several minutes in and it's only become denser with the guitar only used subtly more than the beginning. Crushing sound...guitar begins to deconstruct, strings stretched way out as strange vocal patterns hum along eeriely. Side two, in the red, maybe the recording device is damaged or being adjusted. Cymbals spare as guitar enters, the riff is almost catchy, the most bizarre strangled vocals, somewhere between a cat hissing and grux of Caroliner, doesn't even sound like a recognizable language. Pummeled drums hold together the "song"...second track on side two begins with electric buzzing, slowly building into a cloud of amplifier feedback. It's so dense if feels palpable. Electric scree and incoherent ramblings from the abyss. The storm just misses...sides 3 & 4 to follow.
ANDROPHILIA
Heavy user

« Reply #6228 on: January 12, 2017, 01:16:23 AM »

" make PE disturbing again "

www.consunzione.wordpress.com
https://soundcloud.com/androphilia
https://soundcloud.com/the_skin

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)
pentd
user

IME

« Reply #6229 on: January 12, 2017, 04:49:28 AM »

(uh, apparently no overdubs? Really?)

hey... i never do *traditional* overdubs as in "listening to the previous take while adding the next" -- but i combine things, of course. they might be months apart. i aint no 8legged oktopus.. now back to topic:

TAD "god's balls" + "salt lick"
Scat-O-Logy
Diehard user

« Reply #6230 on: January 12, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »

Everything I'm a sucker for with only a couple exceptions, damn...Johann, please link me to where I can purchase or check this out further, excellent review!

One of best LPs of 2016!

Baglady
user

« Reply #6231 on: January 12, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »

FACIALMESS / HERMIT - Split C60 (Recalcitrant Noise, 1997)
Nice looking tape. Transparent grip tape covering the case, j-card in vellum paper...
Facialmess is really on fire on this one. Not as cutup as the other stuff I've heard from him (haven't heard much), but rather free-flowing. I kinda picture Pain Jerk and Incapacitants merged into one single person when I hear this. Speed, intensely sputtering synths, lots of crunch and effective use of vocals and samples to top it off. Tight as hell, yet still swinging. As noted above, I don't have much Facialmess in my shelves. Recommendations are welcome!
Hermit is quite the opposite when it comes to pace and temper. A track in four parts ("a noise adaptation of Vivaldi's Four Seasons" according to the j-card), all somewhat similar except for the last part. Restrained pulsating rumblings and drones. Not anywhere near the ecstacy of Facialmess, but then that wasn't Hermit's intention I suppose. Good stuff, and well needed after the wrestling match on speed that is side A.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:08:00 PM by Baglady » Logged
collapsedhole
user

« Reply #6232 on: January 12, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »

^ damn, my copy doesn't have transparent grip tape on the case, i bet that looks sweet!  but i concur - facialmess really nailing it on that release
Potier
user

« Reply #6233 on: January 12, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »

One of best LPs of 2016!

Tricoli certainly delivered in 2016 - the Clonic Earth 2xLP he did for PAN is even better than Vixit in my opinion.

magnus
moderate user

« Reply #6234 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:28 AM »

One of best LPs of 2016!

I agree as well! Brilliant record.
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #6235 on: January 13, 2017, 04:29:49 PM »

agreed. an excellent follow up to their previous f&v release.
andy vomit
Heavy user

FILTH

« Reply #6236 on: January 13, 2017, 10:54:11 PM »

got a copy of this arriving any day now (i hope), really looking forward to it..  last disc made me really uncomfortable in the best possible ways

thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com
Deadpriest
user

I hate faces in the crowd.

« Reply #6237 on: January 14, 2017, 01:00:22 PM »

To live And Shave In LA:  Vedder Vedder Bed Wetter
Jesus Meat: The Stench Of Rotted Whore Cunt
Skin Crime:  Dystrophy
Meads Of Asphodel:  Sonderkommando
Black Cinema With Kenji Siratori:  Spoken Words And Broken Nerves
Bizarre Uproar: Unsafe and Insane
MDK: Pussy Morgue
Government Alpha: Impure Drought
Nicole 12:  Playground/Lolita love

6x8=nothing
Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #6238 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »

G*Park...

several albums from the 80s and 90s.  I'd forgotten how strangely musical they can be.  Truly engaging and interesting.  An endless sound palette.  A hybrid of classic Nurse with Wound, Conrad Schnitzler minimalist synth work, and the finest electro-acoustic ideas.  Beautiful and with just the right touch of crudeness.  In the realm of Brume.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
absoluten calfeutrail
moderate user

« Reply #6239 on: January 17, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »

G*Park...

I've been wanting to check out G*Park for years - could you recommend a good starting point? Cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418
  Print  

Jump to: