PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: pestdemon on August 05, 2010, 06:49:05 PM
HÄNDER SOM VÅRDAR - Korridorblick
New Swedish project, self-released, self-distributed début I think. Discrete industrial, slowly investigating the few scratches and bleeps that grow and disappear. Synthesizer definitely present, but not dominant. Far-from-your-face attitude, reminds me slightly of the longest track on the KORPSES KATATONIK album. Recommended if you can find it somewhere.

Seems like Sweden is fertile soil also for newcomers, not just the familiar faces (even if in new constellations) - H S V, RÄNNSTENSUNGAR, FOGDE...

contacts? More infos?

narcolepsia

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on August 05, 2010, 11:54:32 PM
Quote from: pestdemon on August 05, 2010, 06:49:05 PM
HÄNDER SOM VÅRDAR - Korridorblick
New Swedish project, self-released, self-distributed début I think. Discrete industrial, slowly investigating the few scratches and bleeps that grow and disappear. Synthesizer definitely present, but not dominant. Far-from-your-face attitude, reminds me slightly of the longest track on the KORPSES KATATONIK album. Recommended if you can find it somewhere.

Seems like Sweden is fertile soil also for newcomers, not just the familiar faces (even if in new constellations) - H S V, RÄNNSTENSUNGAR, FOGDE...

contacts? More infos?

yes, please, I´d be interested as well

heretogo

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 05, 2010, 09:43:03 PM
Debut CD is very good also. Or should I say everything is. I think part of the debut is made of the two early tapes. Finnish tape label Joukkomurha compiled first two tapes on one tape in... 1992? Artwork by S.A.Hynninen of Reverend Bizarre. That was my first exposure for band, and impact lasts still today.

Do you mean the Cape Cannibal Skull Island Apocalypse cd (I guess that's the only cd)? Yeah, it's good as well. Although somehow this kind of music works much better (as long as you're not doing the dishes...) on 7", stupid lo-fi weirdo madness fits the format. I'm still missing some of the 7"s (Grunt split, Hellraiser, Cosmic Invocation), luckily they're still easy to find, must complete the collection soon.

Matthias

Händer Som Vårdar contact: henrikvonsoderstrom@gmail.com
It's a pretty good tape, well worth picking up.

P-K

vinci.

P-K

ha ha, chill stuff.....and he used some amazing sleeves lol

FreakAnimalFinland

been going through the VOD box set of PORTION CONTROL... damn. I can tell that it's possible to listen minimal synth / pre-EBM or whatever it is, but one does keep wondering if I should, or rather focus on something what is more to my tastes?

test pressings of SATANIC WARMASTER LP & SATANIC WARMASTER 7". Roughest and nastiest SW yet? 7" recorded on dictatophone/walkman type of thing with almost 9 minutes on side of single. Harsh.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Tommy Carlsson

Usually when I get the Vinyl On Demand packages, I start off with whatever seems least likely I will enjoy. Last time it was the Die Form box set. I tried to listen to it from start to finish, but the music was just absolutely dreadful, so I listened for a while until I couldn't take it anymore and picked up the needle and moved it forward a bit. Still dreadful. Picked up the needle again + moved it forward. Same old rubbish music throughout. I skimmed through the 6LP set in about half an hour that way. Suffice to say I will not be fooled into thinking I need to ever listen to anything from Die Form again.

This time I started with the Portion Control box, and I was a bit more serious in trying to listen to most of it, but at the 5th LP I gave up completely. I don't understand this kind of music, I think it's utter rubbish, and I'm just sorry that Frank of VOD feels it's worthy of inclusion in the VOD release schedule. The EBM/rhythmic synth pop stuff does absolutely fuck all for me, but I like to think I'm somewhat open-minded musically, so I wasn't altogether unhappy about giving this box a try. But fuck it, to these ears this is about as embarrassing as it gets. "Angry" shouted vocals, weak-ass synth sounds, holy macaroni how can anyone stomach this junk? Some bits of the Shot in the Belly tape were at least semi-listenable mainly because it was lacking the silly vocals, but that's about as good as it gets I'm afraid. Nah, I wish VOD would just drop the whole synth pop thing and do more releases in line with the TNB and Hijokaidan stuff we got earlier...

Now onto the oversized Current 93 box. The size of that thing is a nuisance -- it's much too large to fit into my LP shelf! Feck!!

Tommy Carlsson

re: C93 boxes on VOD.
Just a thought. If there is anything Current 93-related that has remained unreleased to this day, then there is probably a very good reason for it.

After the first LP-side of these boxes, I am thinking I was so right about that.

heretogo

Los Angeles Free Music Society - The Lowest Form Of Music 10cd box
Slowly (!) getting ready for the October London LAFMS extravagaza. There's so much variety on offer here: goofiness, noise, semi-serious experimentation etc. Perfect as a soundtrack for a HOT summer day such as this one. The problem with big boxsets is that they never get as much rotation as single/double discs of similar quality. But at least now I have clear motivation to play this as much as possible.

But there's more to life than weird noises, right now it's Lucinda Williams....

P-K

after all the pre-EBM/EBM/rhythmic synth-hate.....did someone check the Severed Heads box?

Ritual

I have listened to half of the material of the Portion Control box. I think it is great, but then I really like this type of music and Portion Control have always been one my favourite acts in this genre (the reason I bought the box). I obviously think it is great that Frank does this type of releases as well, as there are numerous early acts with lots of tape releases that you may not otherwise hear. I did like most of the Die Form box as well.

jake

FINALLY working my way through the Kapotte Muziek 10cs box. Impressed so far and excited that I still have hours left to listen to. Anyone here listen to the whole thing yet? This is the first Kapotte Muziek release I physically owned. Heard/read about him/them somewhat through the years and when I heard the samples for the new box knew I had to pick it up. How are the other releases? Worth finding?

Strömkarlen

Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on August 07, 2010, 06:48:48 PM
but I like to think I'm somewhat open-minded musically

Let's face it your not.

And now to something different both Rännstensungar and Händer som Vårdar will be featured on the coming Strömkarlen compilation TÄNK PÅ DÖDEN or perhaps at it should be known UNKNOWN SWEDES. Four Swedish acts take one side each of two tapes. The third being Thuggee and a little surprise return of one off from a couple of years ago.