PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleak Existence

The Rita -Tiberius Hetairai Korai
very good track of heavy textural wall & vocals manipulation

Ashmonger

Tetragrammacide - Tetragrammacidal Oration (C25, Analog Ammunition Records): Black/War/... Metal from India, this is actually a rehearsal tape. Sound quality is pretty bad, and it actually sounds more like some kind of noise with guitar, drums, screams. In the slower parts you can recognize the music better and those are actually the best parts. In the fast parts the drums miss variety. The last track is a 10 minutes long slow track, that also sounds more like some kind of noise to me than Black Metal. Interesting tape.

Vapaudenristi - Ei Maata Ilman Kansaa (CD, Sakaramiina Records): Nice album, some tracks and parts are simply great, such as that lead/melody in track 11, got stuck in my head. Other pieces sound a bit clumsy, which do have its charm, but prevent the album from being great, I think. The sound could be a bit 'fuller' as well. Nice vocals, with an emotive approach, which makes me think of Race War in the way the vocals work with the music and don't only try to sound angry or tough or... Layout looks good, though certainly not what you'd expect from this kind of music.

Deathkey - Emanations of Binaural Terror (mCD, Freak Animal): Just listened through speakers while sitting in the couch. This is some really good PE, so whether or not you'd be interested in the binaural beats and such, I'd recommend it.

Mania - Decrepit (C30, Freak Animal): This starts with some really great metal sounds, some more through the rest of the tape, but I've played it a couple of times now and it starts really good, but when it's about halfway it can't really keep my attention...

Sewer Election + Puce Mary - Masks are Aids (C32, Totalblack): This is a really nice tape. I like the approach, it's kind of careful noise. Not blasting in your face, but just nice sounds, calm atmosphere, with some more obscure parts.

Salakapaka Sound System - Accident Worship (CDr, self released): Got this for free from FA, since there was some mistake with the cover or something like that. Anyway, here's the description from Discogs: "Noisy soundscapes, gloomy ambient, field recordings from Thailand and UAE, samples (unknown tv shows, mysterious Arabian dance music tape, pounding drum loops from The Shrieks etc.), malformed human sounds....." Better description than what I could come up with. Sounds good to me! Some disturbing parts, other more nice atmosphere, slightly noisy, but nothing in your face. There's one part with some drums that I don't like though, seems out of place to me. I lately seem to like more of this kind of 'relaxing' stuff, even though it's not free from any darkness or obscurity.

Cadaver Gutter - No Apparent Motive (3"CDr, Hiisi Productions): Simple but nice layout, white 3"CDr (well, this part could be better), in a black envelope with artwork glued on and a double sided card. Musically it's somewhere between Power Electronics & Death Industrial, with in some tracks a certain Ambient vibe. Vocals are either samples or spoken with effects in some tracks. They're certainly not in the forefront. Interesting stuff and it seems like a project with potential. 5 tracks in 18 minutes seems very short for this kind of music, though. Also, some tracks end rather abrupt, not in the best way.

Intolitarian - Deathangle Absolution (Deathangle Absolution Records, digiCD): Layout is really well done. 146 tracks in 30 minutes of which 9 spoken word pieces. This is strong and extreme noisecore, but 30 minutes is more than enough for me, I think noisecore works best on 7"s or short tapes. Even though there is variation, it's not constant blasting, there's some slower parts and the feedback/noise parts sound very good as well. The spoken word parts are really hateful. They're actually the most disturbing part of the album. I did feel uncomfortable after listening to this, so it has reached its goal.

ConcreteMascara

Ugandan Methods & Prurient - Dial B For Beauty 12" - let me just say this is a techno record. not noisy techno or rhythmic noise, just techno. As far as I can tell Prurient only contributes vocals here, no actual noise. That being said, if you're into techno, this is a solid record. A1 and A2 are the same track, A2 is just sans vocal, and I hear a lot more of Ancient Methods than Regis in the track. the b-side is better; it's less frantic and more menacing, both track's complimented with Prurient's whispered style vocals. the collaboration isn't really surprising in anyway given Prurient's techno leanings in the past few years and newer associations with Downwards, Minimal Wave and Blackest Ever Black. if you hate techno, steer clear though...

JK Flesh - Posthuman 2xLP - inspired by the new Godflesh album to check out this older work by Justin Broadrick. after my first listen I had big dumb grin. the material pulls from Us And Them era Godflesh with it's combination of industrial metal and drum & bass breaks. but given the changing times, the drum & bass here is mostly slowed down to dubstep tempos. it's an interesting mix of guitar, very heavily effected vocals, breaks and massive bass shit. it's all really distorted and compressed an over the top but I dig it. sorta like the second Curse of the Golden Vampire album, but instead of grindcore tempos it's dubstep tempos. it's certainly a lot more adventurous than the new Godflesh LP.

Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire MP3 - having mixed feelings about this one. i like 8-string guitars despite their association with some truly terrible metal, so it's prominence here doesn't bother me. what bothers me more is quietness of the bass guitar in the mix, which some people have mentioned and that the album is a little too uniform in sound. it really drags in the middle imo. I dig the first 3 and last 3 tracks though. in a certain sense i think it's the most "metal" album in their discography, but as a listening experience i'd say it's their tamest/least adventurous. Enjoyable, for sure, but not quite the revelation I was hoping for, especially considering JK Broadrick has been involved in lots of other interesting projects while Godflesh was dormant.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

DISGUSTING SANCTUM debut tape; side project of Coma Detox performing 'death industrial' which sounds like you'd imagine- gritty, murky, lo-fi. Someone needs to offer him a
full-length LP deal for both CD & DS.

ACTION/DISCIPLINE "hard lesson" tape New Forces; heavy harsh noise, pretty good esp first track s1.

Bloated Slutbag

Deleting and reposting to better impute the credit due.

Kazumoto Endo And Emanuele Bonini‎– Rumore Da Ritorno Audio Metallico
Quite a coup there, Audio Dissection-san, quite the fucking coup. Endo back and all so wonderfully coy you sly bastid. HOLY FUCKING- "Endo back?" For more? Of the same? Not quite. For starters, the ubiquitous dead air is largely snuffed out. For continuers, plenty of feedback hanging around. This is not a coincidence. Or let me re-phrase: brutal blasts of balls-out harshness punched into hanging feedback slide, a slide that might in more lengthy incarnation verge on drone application. So go the first five tracks, to which Endo is accredited final mix-dibs. And so they go, and go. The variation here is minimal, or better: very cleanly delineated. Tight. The Soddy in me is at pains to assign a score for spasticity, though the excreta is of course shitting all over the place. What we get from Endo is this:

well-constricted range of sound, fed with a hefty helping of cantankerous scrap metals, artfully arranged for a maximum of earhole annihilation. Any questions?

What makes it for me are two things: the depth of texture, a crucial element lacking in a surprisingly high proportion of hard panners, and the beauteous junk metal sources repeatedly poking up for air. More on the texture. What we are talking about, texture wise, is scrap-metal'd crunch-bilge, ripped to shit via blown out harmonics a la Sickness, Corrugation-era TEF, Ahlzagail, and, of recent note, Vanhala-san. Is a score for harmonicaness then in the making? Could well be, who am I to say. I should hasten to add that, as the first five tracks represent the combined collaborative efforts of Masters E and B, it seems a tad lazy of me to arbitrarily ascribe all the textured abundance to a single, sick, genius. In fact, judging from said chaps' elsewhere heard, a fair score of the harsher acoustic inclinations are most readily attributable to Senior Encephalo. Regardless, the aforementioned well-contricted range of sound is worked through so skillfully that, ultimately, spasticity gives over to craftsmanship. If it weren't already apparent, this is the work of a master crafts-smith absolutely in the comfort zone and I, for one, am rooting for the Overdog. Hail!
Okay, then, Bonini, what you got? Tracks 6 through 10 are the Bonini mixes. Track 6 is a bit bashful. For one, the mix presents itself a fair bit quieter, as though still recovering from Endo-worship (or so I would project). For two, Endo it ain't- but it tries. More musty butt-air in here than in all the previous 5 tracks combined- but perhaps only on the sly. (Cue sly bastid.) Rapid-fire, spasmodic, full-on, full course, one waits impatiently for things to pick up- and they do, but not to the extent one might hope. THWACK! Endo be whooping some Bonini ass. This anyway would be the lazy conclusion. As averred (above), correct attribution of perceived buttdom administration is a slippery sloppery SLAP! And, er, vice versa. Things improve dramatically in Track 7, in which the Bonini tosses all his cookies into the mix, vomiting up everything spew forgot onto track 6... or at least, the junked shitemetals are offered much needed room to breathe. One thing that certainly sets the Bonini mixes apart: the much wider range of sound particles indulged. Not at all the constricted field, more blinding field of multitextural radiant devastation. By track 8 the Bonini-ster be plain fucking with your deservedly abused aural passages (well, you did ask for it). Very restrained, very nicely spaced out, a well-crafted five minute fit of pure epileptic bliss. In track 9 the acoustics gain ever more definition, all neck-jerk. whip-lash. thugga thugga thugga. ass-slap. All to set up the main course, the grand finale, so to speak. This, track 10, I would suggest as the most Bonini-esque, a genuine attempt at resolving the stresses between the most untethered of capacities and the most finely tuned of structural design. The last minute: pure vicious godhead.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

andy vomit

BRIGHTER DEATH NOW - With Promises of Death CD

i'm not sure if this is widely available yet, but i picked it up on the second night of the BDN/DEUTSCH NEPAL/raison detre US tour ... fantastic album that hasn't left my stereo in days.  karmanik proves he's still got fucking got it-- oppressively heavy, repetitive without being boring and an overall pummeling sound that just destroys you... classic BDN.  highly recommended. 
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

eyestrain

Quote from: andy vomit on October 20, 2014, 09:32:08 PM
BRIGHTER DEATH NOW - With Promises of Death CD

i'm not sure if this is widely available yet, but i picked it up on the second night of the BDN/DEUTSCH NEPAL/raison detre US tour ... fantastic album that hasn't left my stereo in days.  karmanik proves he's still got fucking got it-- oppressively heavy, repetitive without being boring and an overall pummeling sound that just destroys you... classic BDN.  highly recommended. 

The way merch was set up last night, I couldn't see more than 10% of the table. So bummed to realize today that there were new discs from him and raison d'être. Oh well. I think this has a vinyl release slated, if I remember correctly.

Desiderii Marginis - Procession (Cyclic Law): Still burrowing deeper into the rabbit hole of dark ambient. Still mostly uninspired duds. How many acts can say their work is inspired by dreams or "the dark side of _____" or be related to this in some way? How many labels can resort to the same tactic? I think this genre proves that the sheep mentality is ever-present in all places. ("Black Sheep Is Still Sheep" I saw on the backdrop of that SS performance. Yes, so true.) But alas, this disc is a juicy one. 52 minutes being a perfect length for this style (I'm a little weary about this double-disc Hypnosis he's just released). The juxtaposition of field recordings, stark rumble and minimal harmony are all very well sewn together. You've got those ethereal synths and chimes going, but none of the listed elements ever feel overdone. This is crucial in a genre that seems to cater to the basest emotions. There's lots of synthesized wind and wood instrumentation that manages to never feel overtly kitschy/martial. It's more light versus melancholy than anything else. Each of the 8 pieces opens up another inhabitation that allows the album to evolve and reflect gracefully. The image that pop up (in my mind) are of the material world, and not the chthonic abysses that are typically the intent. I sense hazy Saharan dusk, brisk Northern Pacific coasts, the spiritual poverty of a mistaken travel East, intense betrayal in love and conviction to keep on. Obviously, just my projecting... Not sure where this stands in contrast to his earlier works, but this is a standout to me!

Troy Schafer - Anubis Come In (Earjerk): I've been reflecting heavily on Troy's work lately, and it struck me that even his first solo release is full of eclecticism, power, beauty, terror and the Absurd just as all his current work is, yet this album is (akin to his entire output) seated in a place all its own, separated from his entire massive catalog. This is decidedly Troy's most blatantly "psychedelic" work that I can think of. Maybe his duties in Second Family Band were rubbing off still. That's not to suggest it's a mediocre release though. He's still able, despite a multitude of emotional/sonic shifts, to pull you weightily down into convincing structure after convincing structure. Despite the fact that there are easily a dozen instruments on this tape, his whole canon hasn't been presented. Even when he utilizes humor, I feel that Troy is able to keep you believing and feeling strongly. Something that keeps the "psychedelic" vibe present is the lo-fi quality of the dubbing. I think this is the only gritty recording I've ever heard of Schafer. Usually there's a strong clarity. It works for these pieces though. Shift after shift (and not nearly as frequent as he's been able to manage now) is carried through by this slight murk, and this slight sense of the Beyond. It's easy to find your mind in a foreign sphere while drifting through both sides. A strong document of that free-form "Madison sound".

Joseph Hammer - Albany/Philadelphia (Dungeon Taxis): Mr. Hammer has definitely been one of my favorite discoveries in '14. Yes, I am very, very late to the game, but oh well. The fascination started with the collaboration with Crumer. When I first began to spin I Love You, Please Love Me Too though, I almost felt offended. After having dropped a slightly hideous amount of Discogs bucks on a Pan back-catalog LP, I was hoping for something not too unlike the harsh acoustics of Show Me The Door. Instead I'm greeted by a playful collage of radio sounds and whatever else he may construct his work from. After many replays (to justify my money spent, haha), things began to click. I picked up Roadless Travel, and while having  already discovered quite a lot to love about his work, those liner notes were vital in getting a better grasp on Joseph. Of course, that disc is also easily his best yet. But about this tape... As the title suggests, we've got two performances in said places. While certain structures are absent from what you'd hear on his studio albums, it's difficult to fathom just how it is that he's able to emulate that so well. Obviously his work has developed through constant live experimentation. I would have taken him for more of a studio re-organizer judging by the complexity of some of his records. I really enjoyed the inclusion of those wailing 2000's punk/hardcore vocals that go between chipmunk phasing and original pace. Heads up: his new live tape on Idiopathic is even more worthy than this one.

Victor Eremita - A Study For Transcendental Commubication (Black Horizons): After hearing Hour Of The Wolf and his tape on Lust Vessel, I'm quickly developing a fascination with Joel Danielsson's work; graphic and sound-based. This cassette, put out by the inimitable Black Horizons, allows both artists to pair their visual prowess rather well. Joel's series of four grainy spectral photographs are laid inside an overly-white translucent sleeve featuring a guiding text and suggestive swirls of black. It's refreshing to have work that is so muted and isolated be presented in a way that doesn't simply suggest that vapid darkness I mentioned above. This sets a tone for the four studies where you can potentially keep your headspace out of genre pitfalls. What makes Danielsson so interesting for me is that he utilizes so very little in his music to the point that you feel you just have to stop whatever distraction you may be wrapped up in and affix your ear to the speakers' pronunciations. In a vain very, very similar to his other works, these recordings are the sound of venturing vacant spaces; deep in the wood, deep underground, deep in the wall. Nothing to get chummy over with your pals, but more of a soundtrack to an empty head (or the desiring for one). Primitive and concentrated.

Levas

Goatmoon Voitto Tai Valhalla - nice disc, the same goes for
Tahdon Riemuvoitto, the latter being acoustic. Goatmoon has that specific drive, but so does lots of good Finnish black metal bands like
Orlok - Black Funeral Holocaust with the primitive, raw black metal or
Mastema's album The Grand Holocaust of Flesh, which is dangerously by the border with noise. Of course only good words go for
Satanic Warmaster - Nachzehrer. Perfect. As for more industrial stuff, I was pleasantly surprised by
Klestwahr - This World is not my Home. Never listened to any of previous releases by this Gary Mundy project, but this one was nice industrial. On the other hand, yesterday I've had a chance to listen to the most boring neofolk record of all times perhaps?
Romowe Rikoito - Undeina. For how long can people be stuck in violins, bells, whispering voices, women vocals (and in the background the guy repeating some two words over and over again. "We - neofolk" or so). I doubt you know this band from Kaliningrad, but anyways, avoid. And
Arnica - Lecho de Piedro was a good soundtrack for the night

Baglady

Quote from: Levas on October 21, 2014, 09:05:07 AM
Klestwahr - This World is not my Home. Never listened to any of previous releases by this Gary Mundy project, but this one was nice industrial.
Haven't heard this one, but from what I gather it's not much like the two old tapes on Broken Flag, Myth and Arsonicide. They are pretty much in line with the BF catalog of that time (noise/pe). Rereleased by Harbinger on vinyl. Good stuff!

Bloated Slutbag

meant to write only a few words, got a bit carried away. as usual.

Various‎– Hard Panning (The Ultimate Contemporary Cut-up Harsh Noise International Compilation)
It's taken a while, but it would seem that, here and now, as we start to close in on 2015, there are, on the face of the earth, enough legitimately talented noisesmiths in the earful of  "Contemporary Cut-Up Harsh Noise" to fill a whole comp- a comp one is actually quite content to play through, several times. "All killer, no filler" in the lingo. Clearly a lot of thought entered the rather artful sequencing of tracks, each flowing almost imperceptibly into the next, managing to suggest an almost narrative progression.

Facial-san seems the appropriate choice to cut things off. No bullshit, straight to the point, rapid-fire, herky jerky, a condensed seemingly live-in-one-take immediacy that comes off as memorably as the day mom caught me "hard panning" in the toilet. I was combing my hair, okay! Having got that out of our system, established credentials as such, we are now free to get a bit artsy. Jake Vida certainly opens things up, artsy-wise, hurling flavorsome trashcan slabs into wide-bottomed flatulent junk fields, plenty of flesh, plenty of color, hinting at hidden depths yet to be plumbed. So the comp goes, gradually rolling out a sequence of submissions that acquires ever-greater depth, growing more flatulent, more expansive. And who better to grow that flatulent expansiveness than... TEF! The quintessential hard panner himself. What to say, TEF hard-pans the shit out of this one, so densely compacted in its highly articulate elaborations that several comps' worth of noise have surely whipped past by the end of the three-minute TEFfering. If anyone can top this, we have us one killer comp. Better: one Killer Bug! Endo to the plate. Not quite sure I hear TEF being topped as such, but suffice it to say- if mom had ever caught me doing Endo's "Uszkadozony Falownik" I probably wouldn't be here to tell you about it. Smells suspiciously like the killer bugwork submitted to the recent Endo-Bonini collabo, a tad shy on the scrapmetal sources informing that particular work, but similarly staked in dialog between leery feedback pine and repeated spasti-percussive bludgeon-scrunch. Endo understudy Kubota delivers more of his now near-signature pretty-aquatic-ambience against which the most precision-pointed of razored screech cuts into an otherwise lazy afternoon staring at smooth, stylized, deep-sea, undulation. At this juncture, our progressively expansive plunge into the bowels bottoms out with the studiously composed textural explorations of the ever impressive Jaako Vanhala. Vanhala favors a kind of dialog all his own, here between a very heavy, near-sluggish, undertow and a more aggressive, highly detailed, thunder-crunch. Maaa go all out, if a bit against the Hard Panning grain, devoid of both herky and of jerky, favoring a quite robust, smoothly oiled, psychedelic wanking throb sweeping through sludge-encrusted junk-tinged extremity.

And so ends what I would characterize as Hard Panning: 1st Movement, cycling back to the very Mess-y "straight to the point, rapid-fire, herky jerky" of PURGIST, administered with a surgeon-like precision, easily exceeding all expectation normally afforded such dubious praise. Facialworship never sounded this self-assured, a point most convincingly drilled home in the closing twenty seconds or so, like fuck me gently with a chainsaw. As Movement 2nd kicks into gear it is Deafault who serves the role of widening the sound field, all the work of one Michael J. Ellingford, and goddamn this is fiiine- deliberate, measured, harshblasts, shredding apart a darkened reverberant scrapbed to most dramatic effect. And then, and then... Jesus Wanking Christ, the most herkingest jerkingest, Ahlzagailzehfuckinziguh! Like how much motherfucking shit can one compress into a ninety-second fucking track? Total fire, corrosive flame-thrown multi-pronged attack from every which angle, blasting, bursting, explosive, HARRD. Ninety-seconds maybe, but much like the TEF you could swear that a much longer work has been rammed through the utterly smoked aural passages.

And then, without so much ado, wtf, cycling back again to the Mess-y conclusion of yet another Movement? Developer is about unsettled as they come, continuous hack n slash thwackery through every which re- and de-formation. The intent here, I think, is to come off as agitated and agitating as possible. If this is to be facialworship, then it is at the micro-level, continuous, unrelenting, aggravating; herk 'n jerk so frantic I think my helmet's about to snap off. In keeping with the progression outlined earlier, Mantichora immediately broadens the palette to offer the first proper play of analog drone, nicely slathered against reverberant, descending, dishevelment of scrapheap in continuous, calculated, collapse. Against such full-bodied, reverberant, breadth, Encephalophonic sounds downright undercoooked- or perhaps more plainly puritannical. A decisive volume boost does render this submission most piercing in its very narrow clamp, twist 'n squeal, certainly no complaints. K2, about as good as he's managed of late, continuous, inoffensive, feedback filtering, but by now our wonderfully narrative sense of progression is lost. No fear cause Lettera 22 trap attention in the dank, dungeon-like confines of a close-mic'd dirge-y industrial atmos for four fucking minutes before unleashing the most rip-roaring of beastly brevity. Certainly no herky, nor jerky, but fantastic finish, it does have to be said. Last but not least, an uncredited hidden track that chooses its singular moments to utterly RIP the shit out of the by now all but deceased earhole. Quite the unique little rippah, a practiced restraint delivering some seriously sick shit. Niice.
And take you for a drag

eyestrain

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on October 21, 2014, 08:30:50 PM
but suffice it to say- if mom had ever caught me doing Endo's "Uszkadozony Falownik" I probably wouldn't be here to tell you about it.

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on October 21, 2014, 08:30:50 PMAnd then, and then... Jesus Wanking Christ, the most herkingest jerkingest, Ahlzagailzehfuckinziguh!

Bar none, the best review ever published on this forum! Thank you, please keep writing!

Levas

Sturmpercht - Alpengluhen - never been too much of a fan. THis is also rather average album

Static Sound - Deus Vult - 60 minutes of HNW. Not too interesting

Giel Bils - Debris - This one is awesome harsh noise release. Rather static, but very enjoyable.

Grimpen Mire ‎– A Plague Upon Your Houses - quite ok doom/sludge as for me who hears sludge once in half a year.

F.ormal L.ogic D.ecay - His Master's Void - This one's nice easy listening industrial/pop album

FreakAnimalFinland

Kazumoto Endo And Emanuele Bonini‎ "Rumore Da Ritorno Audio Metallico" CD
Audio dissection
After listening quite a lot of Endo & Killer Bug recently, to me, this appeared as quite lazy and uninspired work. I mean Endo part. Yeah yeah, it's cut here, cut there, burst, feedback, abrupt cut, but goes nowhere, and very few sounds stay long enough to make impact. Lack of saturation is one issue. Another is, that he's done SO much better, that good just ain't enough... But to me, it all changes when Bonini tracks starts. Also artists I listened plenty over the recent months. And to me, for my tastes, Bonini crushes endo 10:0. As simple as that. While realm of sounds may appear fairly similar (which is logical in case of collaboration), compositionally it is entirely different case. Bonini isn't all about short seemingly random cuts of bursts, but he can actually settle on something good for few seconds longer. Even if we're talking about ABC of cut up noise. Like throw in stutter-loop for 5 secs and then unleash heavy duty free form harsh blast with extensive frequency sweeping. We've all heard that, but when you do it with good taste, certainly listen again with pleasure!

ORGANUM "Vacant Lights / Rara Avis" 2xCD
Die Standt
I always have mixed feelings about Organum. I have had this, and bunch of other new-ish Organum in my shelves for months.. or lets say years. Once in a while, I pick one up, and listen it. I like it, but it doesn't blow my mind of awake any strong feelings. Then I leave rest CD's stay at shelves for a while. There is still at least one called "Omega" shrinkwrapped what probably waits till next years until feel like putting it on. 4 guys in line-up here and disc one, and 8 at 2nd disc. Including names like Steven Stapleton, O'rouke, Heeman, etc. Screeching metal/cymbals. Physical use of other objects. Calm and etherial drones. All sorts of things one has used to hear from Organum releases. It's much better than some other "recent" Organum titles, but still, when I put some older Organum on turntable, it is phenomenal. While this is merely good.

LAST DOMINION LOST "Towers of Silence" CD
Silken Tofu / Epicurean
Opening track is GREAT! File this among INDUSTRIAL MUSIC. While all sorts of stuff is pretty common, really good industrial - for me - seems always rare case. It has feel of modern times. Just like Sektor 304 or so. It has musicality, but strong experimental edge. It has obvious modern technology used, but also physicality, aggression and sweat. It's not the industrial music in shitty sense of term. You can check sample of opening track below. There was previous release on Tesco I don't remember too many commenting. I don't remember seeing anyone mention this yet, but where one talks about industrial music? facebook? Maybe. If you liked IRM. If you liked Sektor 304. If you are not turned down by slight cinematic and edited feel, check out this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAaPgDQmD8s

PSYCHIC RALLY 10xCD box
Blossoming Noise
Feels like cheating to comment release you have not yet listened through entirely. But lets say, 6 discs. Probably close to 7 hours, and I guess it's safe to say I know what just happened, and what's about to follow tomorrow. Enter the bizarro world of international noise collaboration of rough and bizarre tape manipulation! Utterly recommended! If just would have more time in my hands, I could listen box at once. 4 discs a day didn't feel at all too much. I guess I get this finished tomorrow then...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 22, 2014, 09:35:00 PM
Kazumoto Endo And Emanuele Bonini‎ "Rumore Da Ritorno Audio Metallico" CD
Audio dissection
After listening quite a lot of Endo & Killer Bug recently, to me, this appeared as quite lazy and uninspired work. I mean Endo part. Yeah yeah, it's cut here, cut there, burst, feedback, abrupt cut, but goes nowhere, and very few sounds stay long enough to make impact. Lack of saturation is one issue. Another is, that he's done SO much better, that good just ain't enough... But to me, it all changes when Bonini tracks starts. Also artists I listened plenty over the recent months. And to me, for my tastes, Bonini crushes endo 10:0. As simple as that. While realm of sounds may appear fairly similar (which is logical in case of collaboration), compositionally it is entirely different case. Bonini isn't all about short seemingly random cuts of bursts, but he can actually settle on something good for few seconds longer. Even if we're talking about ABC of cut up noise. Like throw in stutter-loop for 5 secs and then unleash heavy duty free form harsh blast with extensive frequency sweeping. We've all heard that, but when you do it with good taste, certainly listen again with pleasure!

Regarding Endo, I think these are mostly fair criticisms, particularly if one goes in expecting something like While You Were Out 2.0. With the Endo mixes, there is certainly no clear progression with anything like an end in sight; though I would hardly say "random", the timing as such is just about my speed. Perhaps one could come away feeling the composer was unsure how to approach an already rather full-bodied mass of sound. Could also depend upon the mileage you get out of the actual materials in play versus, say, how they are cut-up / re-arranged. Personally, every time the full blasts hit with all force, I have a mini-orgasm; try to do too much with that, and I may well feel the composer is over-compensating. As for saturation, the pure blunt force trauma puts that issue to rest.

I fully agree that, as the Bonini mixes progress - and they do (clearly progress) - the full depth of possibility really does come to life.
And take you for a drag

Levas

IRM - Closure... and Lana del Rey - Ultraviolence were being played over and over again for the last day. Both of these - top notch works