Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG

Teeth Collection - Don't Forget to Thank Me In Your Suicide Note
Sick Seed/Xenophobic Ejaculation split
Mania/Bizarre Uproar - Charnel Heap
Coma Detox - Reduced to an Invalid

Xibalba - Demo 2010
Immortal - Battles in the North LP (2010 reissue)
Immortal - Blizzard Beasts LP (2010 reissue)

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: RG on June 28, 2010, 05:46:42 AM
Xibalba - Demo 2010

Any good? This is THE xibalba from south america?

Just listened CUSTODIAN "destructive resonance" tape and have to say it is good. It is not revolutionary or anything, just good junk matel & effects based harsh noise, which is cut into new things in relatively slow pace. More like Macronympha, not like Kazumoto Endo / Sickness. Saturated sound of pretty simple noisefragments put together into 30 minutes piece. Most definitely recommended if one looks for quality tape noise!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Immortal - Battles in the North

First black metal album I ever heard back in highschool. Classic.

Listening to:
Grunt - Someone Is Watching (cassette)

The Urge Within - Blood Red Sun (cassette) - This was released in conjunction with John Canady's art exhibition that opened at Germ Books in Philadelphia and the show with Pharmakon and Sexual Assault Rifle that happened last Saturday. Live the two new tracks were alright, but lacking definition. For once I honestly think things were too loud. Recorded however, the samples can really be heard, the first on Unit 731, the second on the rape of Nanking. High on the creep factor. And coincidentally the b-side features the very same track I had made a previous thread about, Rostov Killing Fields.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Dom America

RG

Quote from: Dom America on June 28, 2010, 07:52:41 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 28, 2010, 10:02:18 AM
Xibalba - Demo 2010

Any good? This is THE xibalba from south america?

Mexico

Yup, the same band that released "Ah Dzam Poop Ek".

It's alright, but it's been many years since I listened to that old album so I can't say how it compares (not that it matters). The mix reminds me of Deathspell Omega "Infernal Battles", with vocals and guitars very loud in the mix and simplistic drumming. I guess the Darkthrone influence is still present. I've only listened to it once so far, but it's definitely worthy of repeat listens. I remember liking the short outro song, just a simple but epic riff.

andy vomit

Brethren - Savage Inequalities CD
Marks Of The Masochist / Enecare - Split CD
Nurture Abuse - st CS
Redrot - Live Basement Murders CS
Gummo - Sdtrk CD
Whitehouse - Bird Seed CD
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

moozz

Quote from: P-K on June 30, 2010, 05:34:25 PM

Anything worthwhile from Zorn in the last 5 years (besides Moonchild/Astronome/Litanies)?

P-K

difficult to say since i heard 10% of his output lol....that Music For Children1  cd is pretty good, from music-box sounds to his basic freakjazz but also some heavy core-moments....

np:

ok, 25euro's for a 2xcd digipack with booklet in a slipcase...but worth every cent imho.....from Sähkö- & Touch-like minimal & Academic electronics to pounding Mauthausen Orchestra-like pieces

hateful.neglect

Quote from: heretogo on June 11, 2010, 09:03:21 PM
Funeral Mongoloids - Fuck Is Best When God Is Dead tape
Super great chaos! Works suprisingly well for a tape this long (c-40, I think). I'm not versed in the canon of noisecore, recommendations for more stuff like this would be appreciated. As chaotic as possible, please!

For a start, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting a hold of stuff by Nihilist Commando, Permanent Death, or Seven Minutes of Nausea right now. I've been listening to a lot of Exacerbacion, Cacasonica, Colico, Napalm Death is Dead, Atrofia Cerebral, and the above lately.

RyanWreck

Quote from: hateful.neglect on July 02, 2010, 04:09:34 PM
Super great chaos! Works suprisingly well for a tape this long (c-40, I think). I'm not versed in the canon of noisecore, recommendations for more stuff like this would be appreciated. As chaotic as possible, please!

For a start, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting a hold of stuff by Nihilist Commando, Permanent Death, or Seven Minutes of Nausea right now. I've been listening to a lot of Exacerbacion, Cacasonica, Colico, Napalm Death is Dead, Atrofia Cerebral, and the above lately.

Choatic, messy, harsh Noisecore is the only type I like. Check these records/tapes out:

Endless Humiliation - My Wife is Willing
Trash Dog - Wasted Gift
Infarction - EP (this one is nearly impossible to buy now so here is a link to download it, and I have been given permission from the band to upload this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r72gm4 )
Deep Jew - Ugliest Man Dog
Deep Jew - War
Tortured Hooker - Sexual Homicide (more Grindy, features Dom Fernow. Heavy, fast and great)
Escalator - Demo

hateful.neglect

Quote from: RyanWreck on July 02, 2010, 10:49:04 PM
Quote from: hateful.neglect on July 02, 2010, 04:09:34 PM

Choatic, messy, harsh Noisecore is the only type I like. Check these records/tapes out:

Endless Humiliation - My Wife is Willing
Trash Dog - Wasted Gift
Infarction - EP (this one is nearly impossible to buy now so here is a link to download it, and I have been given permission from the band to upload this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r72gm4 )
Deep Jew - Ugliest Man Dog
Deep Jew - War
Tortured Hooker - Sexual Homicide (more Grindy, features Dom Fernow. Heavy, fast and great)
Escalator - Demo

While I understand the similarities, I think we're talking about different things (Tortured Hooker being the only thing out of that list I would consider noisecore). I guess we shouldn't have a full-on discussion about noisecore in this thread, but check Mikko's definition here: www.cfprod.com/noisecore

XXX

Quote from: RyanWreck on July 02, 2010, 10:49:04 PMDeep Jew - Ugliest Man Dog
Deep Jew - War

If you like Deep Jew you should check out DYNASTY. They only did 2 releases, but the 2x7" is top quality.

magnus

GRUNT - petturien rooli cd - only other from Grunt i´ve heard (i believe) is a tape in the mid 90s, and there is some similarities, but much better now, a bit too controlled for my taste. But i really like the concept style of the album and it sure has an old industrial feeling to it that warms the heart. Favorite tracks for me is the more experimental and rumbling (sounds like a march through muddy fields) "kansanmurhan kone" + the all out noisy "rotohygienian aikakausi".
Freak Animal sampler cdr - been a while since listening to noise/p.e. and i hear in this comp. some of the reasons for me getting tired of it a few years ago, it has too much of a metal feel to me. Guess Genocide Organ plays a part as well, a band i´ve never liked. Still very good sampler with many quality artists, only real let down is Brethren that i found to be really bad/silly, and also have two tracks (did skip the second...). Absolute favorite is Gelsomina with out of control noise, pure bliss, and also Sickness & Pain Nail. Yao 91404 D is an artist i´ve liked before, this track was good as well. Very nice comp, and good to hear lots of artists i´ve just read about here and in S.I. mags, must say Bizarre Uproar was a bit of a let down after all the fuss, maybe not the best track? - cheers to Mikko for including these two with my SI order (really like the magazine, some great stuff!).
SKEPPET / STREET DRINKERS - split LP - well, Skeppet sounds pretty much exacly like i had expected, like a cheapo version of Harmonia, but must admit that i enjoy it a lot after a few spins, never dips into new age territory and it is a nice style. Street Drinkers i first found completly useless, but it grows with some more plays, a bit Deutsch Nepalish maybe, never been my kind of thing, but it does sound pretty muddy and weird with the chanting vocals and everything. Good for one lp-side, and unsurpricingly like a somewhat watered down Ättestupa. Good lp.
SNUFF - untitled LP - now this is how i like it! very crude and unsettling electronics, obsessive sounding and no fancy shit. Maybe songs could be a bit longer and vocals more varied, but it doesn´t really matter, great just the way it is. Remending a bit of "Peter Kürten" with many very short tracks. Seems to be obsessed with "black rapists"....