PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystikum

Quote from: catharticprocess on June 01, 2010, 04:52:11 AM
Quote from: pt on May 31, 2010, 06:28:23 PM
The Teratologist - Cabinet of Curiosities  -- Bought this a while back and really enjoy it.  Dark, sparse, composed sounding.  Hopefully the project produces more in the future.

I think DM is a brilliant composer of esoteric noise. I'm releasing the followup to this tape, "Cabinet of Curiosities II", this Summer along with 9 other tapes.

Good to hear.  Any info on the other tapes?

listening today:

XE - SS-Division Wiking/Tampere Skinheads 1983
 -- This is a nice surprise.  I am not sure how much went into the planning of the songs for this release, but there excellent intensity built up from minimal feedback to full on assault.  My favorite XE thus far.  

Phage Tapes 6xC10  -- Too many to mention. I will say that I am most impressed, so far, with the moribund release.  

bitewerksMTB

FFH "Anthing is Possible" tape Hospital Prod; big improvement over his past releases but it's nothing to get too excited over. Simple synth with vocals but still it's worth a couple of listens. Would like to hear something in the length of, at least, 30 minutes. These short tapes are kind of annoying.

THE NEW BLOCKADERS LPs on Hanson rec's; excellant & the screened covers look awesome. mine smell like rubbing alcohol..

Max

XE "victory" LP
AARON DILLOWAY "chain shot" LP
THE RITA "snorkel / skate" LP
TESTICLE HAZARD "hangover interruption" LP
SADISTIC BLISS II tape

ConcreteMascara

Survival Unit - Will To Zero (Reissue)

still... Sewer Election - Killing For Belgium - I really like this. Each time I feel like I'm listening to a different tape, hearing new things. I can't put my finger on what I like so much about it...
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

heretogo

Checking out stuff bought from Mikko's store yesterday:

Jarl - Negative Rotation tape
The first thing I've heard from this project. Nice balance between atmospheric floating and more rigid structures & rhythms. After a while I start to think that maybe it should be either/or, also I'd prefer a less mechanistic feel. By the end of side B I'm satisfied but slightly bored. Still, it's clearly good enough to keep me interested.

v/a - Tension State Of Collapsing Vol.I + II 2cd
Lost of variety on offer here. The tracks still sort of flow and merge into each other, I can't keep a count on what's what. It goes from in-your-face harsh to stupid sample territory in the blink of an eye. Cleary there are weaker contributions in between but it's still a very succesfull as a whole. Compilations like these make for perfect background listening, I'm not sure I'd want to focus on these sounds for full 2 cds.

Altar of Flies - Förruttnelsen LP
Ah, this is more like it! I was very disappointed with the tape on Cipher but this seems to restore my faith in this guy. Side A feels stronger than the flipside but this is just the first listen so we'll see... This is the type of music that demands focus and concetration, no use having this play in the background. The cover is nicer than what I thought based on the online images.

Now, if only my ears would stop ringing from yesterday's live noise assaults so I could start fresh for Con-dom, Golden Rain etc. in the evening.

manuel-ronf

About sound getting fucked up in 7inch vinyls... don't those plants send test pressings before making the whole run? I think it should be mandatory...

these days been filling my ears with
Screwtape - You Scum 3"CDr - Recommended!
Praying For Oblivion - the cruelest animal cdr
Vincenzo Bossi - s/t cdr
Le Syndicat - relikat & schragnemusik cd
GO - In - Konflikt cd
VA - getting away with murder cd
Brighter Death Now - innerwar cd
Deathpile - final confession cd
Vrilnoise & Fear Konstruktor - element of steel cdr
SKM-ETR - screwdriver city 3"cd

mystikum

Civilian - Unclean -- Happy I finally am able to hear this.  Crushing Analog PE. 

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: heretogo on June 05, 2010, 06:51:31 PM
Jarl - Negative Rotation tape

I really like that Jarl release myself, I think it's one of his best. I think that his work can seem deceptively simple at times but there are slow shifts that really render themselves after repeated listens.

Listening to a new package from Segerhuva myself.

Regim - Stabbed By The Blind LP
Treriksröset - Venal cassette
Sewer Election - Kvävd 7" - a harsh noise take on Kassettemusik?
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Control - Deadly Sins (2010)
No huge surprises here, the same great formula Control has used on nearly all his albums. A cacophony of swirling bass pulses, throbbing rhythms and dense rumbles make up the nuts and bolts of these 7 tracks while various other noises of higher frequencies make appearances throughout the album, but they stay low within the thick and heavy atmosphere as to not dominate it with any unneeded excess'. As usual the vocals are buried pretty deep and act as an instrument more so than actual vocals (I actually only heard vocals on two tracks here, but I may be wrong). This will definitely be a treat for fans of this long running American P.E. act.

Brandkommando

Kriminaaliset Metsanhaltijat- - Mina Rangaistan Loukkaajaa!

heretogo

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on June 06, 2010, 02:39:34 AM
I really like that Jarl release myself, I think it's one of his best. I think that his work can seem deceptively simple at times but there are slow shifts that really render themselves after repeated listens.

I actually like the basic sound a lot. It's also clear that the guy has some serious soundcrafting skills, different patterns and layers move and blend nicely together. Maybe it's just the length of the tape that got too much for me, I dunno. I'll keep listening for sure.

Ritual

Quote from: heretogo on June 06, 2010, 12:04:00 PM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on June 06, 2010, 02:39:34 AM

I actually like the basic sound a lot. It's also clear that the guy has some serious soundcrafting skills, different patterns and layers move and blend nicely together. Maybe it's just the length of the tape that got too much for me, I dunno. I'll keep listening for sure.

I can recommend his latest outputs, the first two parts in a trilogy, Vertigo Emission and Vertigo Border. On these recordings, Jarl has added some slightly harsher elements here and there, which give the music a more distinct industrial feeling to it. It is still the trademark type of deep, unsettling compositions he usually makes, but with some more jagged edges.

m.

DEAD BODY LOVE nechronology 8xCs Box (second sleep)

recommended!  (...if you don't already have the original tapes)

Max

Ättestupa "begraven mott norr" LP
Con-Dom & Militia "scorched earth policy" CD
Eric Lunde / Komissar Hjuler split LP
Trait "inspirationals" CD
The Haters "in the shade of the fire" CD

maskoftheslave

Haus Arafna - Children of God CD
Grunt - Seer Of Decay CD
Black Leather Jesus - Machofucker LP
Mania / Bizarre Uproar - Charnel Heap tapes
Mask of the Slave Records