PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogskaggmannen

APOPTOSE "Bannwald" CD [Tesco]
GENOCIDE ORGAN "Archive I" 10" [Tesco]

Those who can read swedish can follow my reviewwork through the whole Tesco catalog from beginning to now so i'll just give some short impressions on these two here - also, by the time I get to these catalognumbers they may have vanished from peoples minds altogether anyway... (Sexuellt frustrerad)

Apoptose - a bit less songoriented than last releases it seems - lacks some of the directness of the first "Nordland" CD for instance. More following a (pretty thin) red thread throughout with calm, very digitalized (not necessarily in a bad way) but pretty warm sounds. File this under total filmmusic cliché - i'm not really shaken at all by the theme and the pictures in the sleeve doesn't help much. Handicraft ok, but not much more in full whole.

Genocide Organ - first track from 1987 is long Esplendor Geometrico-worship with steady, almost funky rhythm and also spanish calm, spoken vocals. Trademark G.O. synths in background. Good! Side B, two tracks. First unreleased compilation track from 1991 - noisy, abrasive electronics with some flanger on it. Vocals sounds very much like Roger Karmanik at times at "Necrose Evangelicum" = reverbed, dark "singing" style. Can live without it. Last track VERY SHORT - nice, fast synthbubblings with echoing vocals - wish it was longer to be able to bloom a bit. I can most definitely see why this was limited to 300 - more made like a present for those attending the show in Leipzig.

bitewerksMTB

CUSTODIAN tape released by White Centipede Noise; intense n' heavy feedback/low-end electronic noise. Reminds me of what I think Roman Torment sounded like but without any pretentiousness(subject matter). To a lesser extent, Strict came to mind but not nearly as much feedback with Custodian. Def worth picking up.

mystikum

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 01, 2010, 03:27:49 AM
CUSTODIAN tape released by White Centipede Noise; intense n' heavy feedback/low-end electronic noise. Reminds me of what I think Roman Torment sounded like but without any pretentiousness(subject matter). To a lesser extent, Strict came to mind but not nearly as much feedback with Custodian. Def worth picking up.

where did you get this?  Is it sold out/for sale?

mystikum

Cold Cave - new morale leadership -- pretty good release.  Only complaint I have is the spoken word type stuff on the tape.  It really is a waste in my opinion

bogskaggmannen

V/A Dokument #6 - Rituals (Private Edition)

A new, slick collection in the Dokument series - this time with religious chants and drama from Africa, Tibet, Bali and Persia. Serves very well as an introduction to ritual music and is well balanced between styles of expression - albeit a bit short being a C40.

FreakAnimalFinland

Jojo + Sakevi "mammalia" LP
damn I have waited years to get this. Friend used to have it and played some tracks. It's not the typical GISM nor typical HIJOKAIDAN, but very dark industrial/drone sounds. Eerie synth soundscapes and guitar feedback, dark vocals, obscure rhythms..  Just great. Nearly by accident found mint copy in indiemusic shop in Koenji/Tokyo for pretty nice price. Out of the many Jojo collaborations or Hijokaidan collaborations, this may be the best one. Simply because it goes into new & interesting directions. Does it very well too. I wonder how much material is left unpublished. It says LP was "compiled under supervision of m.a.p.". Perhaps it indicates there was much more than fit into one LP? Perhaps would have been more valid grave-digging than Ultra Bide old recordings or re-issues of SOBkaidan or such...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ATosna

Alberich - "Of Man, Of Genius". 2 tracks on 2 sides. Rhythmic PE/"heavy electronics" w/ well executed vocals, pulsating beats, and unique background textures on both sides. Very addictive.

tisbor

QuoteJojo + Sakevi "mammalia" LP
fuck , i always see that going for retarded prices ... tokyo record hunting is the best

manuel-ronf

"New World Order" compilation 2xCD (Thonar Records), CD2 is the one worth for me including great tracks by INSTITUTION D.O.L., SKM-ETR, INVISIBLE FRONT, ATROX and KREUZER...

Ritual

Vivenza "Fondements Bruitistes" CD (Drag & Drop Industrial)
This album has been talked about in the Vivenza thread, so I'll skip describing it. It's a great, proper industrial album, simply. Might be difficult to find, but if you do, don't hesitate!

manuel-ronf

Black Leather Jesus - "Skuff", one of my fave BLJ releases, asphyxiating and overwhelming.

Shitpig

now
Deathpile "Final confession" (POP 001, CD)
Sutcliffe Jugend "Pig Daddy" (CSR 92, CD)

RyanWreck

Whitehouse - Right To Kill Do I need to explain?

Taint - When You Meet A Stranger I have reviewed this elsewhere. Short 7'' put out for Self Abuse's "Case History" series. One of the most interesting killers expressed through the sounds of one of the most interesting P.E. artists.

Offerings - Black Master Amazing piece of Power Electronics that covers a broad range of sounds, even rhythmic at times, and a nice range of vocal attacks. Hands down one of the best releases from 2009. Subject matter is dedicated to the dark lord and is put together in a mature and worthy manner.

andy vomit

REDROT - basement murders C40.
this is actually my first introduction to redrot -- true industrial music with absolutely scathing vocals.  perfect.  wish i'd gotten into it sooner.

thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

mystikum

Snuff - 'male supremacy'  - Both sides are excellent. Simple and abrasive samples with feedback laden vocals.