PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linxtyx

Bathory "Bathory" - already playing 1000 time. superb power in this first work of theirs.

FreakAnimalFinland

Genocide Organ "leichgenlinie" CD/LP 2010 version.
BEen listening this for couple days now. Either the complete album, or just the 2 bonus tracks that are on new edition. I remember when I got the 1st LP and which happened after Mind Control. After Remember. After Truth Shall Make Us Free (well, cd version same time of course). And I though it wasn't as good as some people let you to believe. But it was simply because I was still blown away by many of the classic über hits of band found on their later album. Nevertheless, when giving multiple spins for this re-issue, it just reminds about the strength of debut album. Ave Satani is perfect intro piece. Mind Control is like the prototype of violent analogue PE industrial. You can worship bands like Subliminal etc but this is the real deal what has been copied by many. Klaus Barbie is the militant drum machine beat driven through various distorting filters for maximum damage.  Face of Horror represents the gloomy tones of keyboards and grim and bleak spoken word. Come Orgasm is the distorted brutality. Stalins Orgeln is steady analogue pulse and scrap metal echoing on top. 1...2.. Tot is amazing industrial-noise piece.  Negros in Sky-Wars is another noisy synth throb. Keiner Kommt Zuruck has the cleanest drum beats and synth tones with violent speeches.  Two bonus tracks from SSSM compilatin from 1991 is the great and seamless addition to re-issue!  a must!!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RG

So how does this new "remastered" version of Lechinenlinie compare to...the CD version released with The Truth Will Set You Free?

bogskaggmannen

MONOS "Generators" DCD (Die Stadt)

- Mostly about the second CD "The Black Sea" - a 48 minute one-tracker. Reminds me a bit of NWW's "Salt Marie Celeste" but grows in structure and intensity. Still filed in the dark drone section of course. Watching the waves of eternity, shifting into unknown waters.

Matthias

White/Lust For Youth tape (Störningar I Psykologisk Utveckling)
White side is great, maybe a bit re-worked but i recognize parts from the set played live 2 times last year. More reminiscent of the first 2 tapes than the previous recordings i would say. Lo-fi synth stuff from Lust For Youth. Two tracks; first one is amazing, catchy and poppy and it gets stuck in your head immediately. Second one drags on a bit.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: RG on April 18, 2010, 10:27:39 PM
So how does this new "remastered" version of Lechinenlinie compare to...the CD version released with The Truth Will Set You Free?

I haven't listened that for some time, but just gut-feeling says it is heavier. It's not ruined or anything. Just mastered.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

manuel-ronf

feeding my tape deck with:

Enodia - Insipienta - Toxic Industries
All for This - Chemical Death Rattle - Phage Tapes
Coma Detox - Volatile Debasement - Nil By Mouth Recordings
Knullkraft - Rännstensromantik - Narcolepsia
Pogrom - Liberal Cunt - Filth And Violence
Nyodene D - God And Country - Danvers State Recordings

also broadcasting this selection on wednesday in my radio show

Genocide Organ - Leichenlinie is one of my fave G.O. albums, "Keiner Kommt Zurück", "Mind control", "Face Of Horror", "1... 2... Tot" top classicks!! for sure will GO for my copy of the reissue soon!

RyanWreck

Pleasure Fluids - Show No Mercy - One of my all time favorites so it is always hard to judge objectively. TF/PE filth with all the goodies: rumbling walls, high frequencies, junk play (I think), drones, victim loops, samples, vocals, etc.

VA - Gender With No Purpose... - Awesome sampler. Grunt starts it off with a vocal heavy piece that is fairly simple with minimal movements. Wertham are up next with some light walls of hiss, some higher frequencies later on in the track and treated vocals through-out. BU is amazing as usual; controlled feedback and high frequencies adding a cringe inducing atmosphere while a nice sample plays out in the background. Alexia of Brazil is an interview with a tranny which serves as a fitting separator between Bizarre Uproar and Silence of Vacuum who dish up some minimalistic harsh noise that progresses quite nicely from screeching high-end to static filled, rumbling low-end.

ConcreteMascara

Manic/Depression - First Blood (F&V) - Really good debut. A nice organic, tape based sound with smoldering layers and damaged vocals which are skillfully buried within the sound. The last track is really nice too with the tape loop blow out sound. Sort of reminiscent of Dilloway, if he was doing PE in the filthy Finnish way. Can't wait for the next release, definitely one a project I'll be keeping an eye on.

FFH - Anything Is Possible (Hospital) - previously discussed in the Hospital thread...

Whorebutcher - Libertine re-issue (Hospital) - this is an album worth re-issuing. I had only heard Whorebutcher from his apperance on Field Tales (one of the best tracks) and the Like Frog in Winter comp, but I really like what I had heard. This tape sounds older than it is, like it could've been done in the early '90s which I like. No digital effects or heavy editing just raw and cold PE. This is a really good compliment to the FFH tape. The two longer tracks are punishing with layer and layers building to nothing. Great tape.

Front Line Assembly - Tactical Neural Implant (Third Mind Records) - My sister got me into FLA when I was like 8 and even though their later material is all cheese, their first few albums still murder. Sure there's that goth-dance undertone but there's just a perfect mix of industrial elements and electro-techno. Tactical Neural Implant is the height of their powers and I always put it on when I'm feeling nostalgic. I'm just afraid my tape is going to wear out at some point...
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Max

Leevi and the Leavings - Musiikkiluokka CD
Magnetic Fields - Realism LP
Snuff 7''
Prurient - Arrowhead CD
Zelphabet vol. J CD

LIFE

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 18, 2010, 12:55:41 PM
Face of Horror represents the gloomy tones of keyboards and grim and bleak spoken word.

I believe the spoken word is Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now. Leichenlinie is my favorite from them... I just like the sucked-dry sound especially on the vocals. Leaves the violence to the imagination and the atmosphere is like a radio transmission.

sperm+killing

Quote from: LIFE on April 27, 2010, 04:18:00 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 18, 2010, 12:55:41 PM
Face of Horror represents the gloomy tones of keyboards and grim and bleak spoken word.

I believe the spoken word is Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.

Yep, also the source of the "Fuck you, G.I." samples in "1...2...Tot".

RyanWreck

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on April 16, 2010, 06:12:46 PM
Control - Deadly Sins (CD-r)

How is this? I've been a big Control fan since I read the interview in Degenerate #2 and bought the Algolagnia CD (absolutely hate his choice of artwork though).

ConcreteMascara

Honestly I've only heard Control's tracks on the Field Tales comp and Hated Perversions so I can't compare Deadly Sins to the rest of his discography. That being said I really like because while the songs are mostly just massively dense layers of synth, there's also a real clarity to the sound. I'm honestly surprised with so much bass that it isn't just all muddy and opaque, but it works. And the vocals really shine through, all similarly effected like Suffocate and Silent from Hated Perversions. Each track is 7 minutes too so for $10 I felt like it was a good deal. It's made me much more interested in his previous output as well.

PS
I like how this thread has become more than a series of pointless lists and turned into less "serious" review thread.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

manuel-ronf

DISGUST - "Times Ruins Everything" (3"CDR, Small Doses)
I didn't know anything about this project when I got this record but I have been enjoying it very much, my reason for ordering it was just the comment on the Malignant catalog "Fucking hard power electronics - brutal, monolithic and straight forward with some absolutely ripping vocals." and I think it truly defines it, with a great explicit vocal work because of them being not very processed with fx's, good synths, feedback, good structures I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys PE in the way of Brethren, Skm-Etr, Sektion B, Grunt, Slogun, Neuropathic Force Feedback..... very intense and in your face sound... maybe only I would complain about songs being quite short in durations but this also makes me itch having repeated listens!