PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel-ronf

Good morning, Good day!

Gelsomina "Sick Seed" tape in Turgid animal

Ritual

Started the day with these:

Altar Of Flies "Permanent Cavity" cd (iDEAL)
I'm going to see Altar Of Flies play tonight, so I thought I'd start the day by listening to this album. Great, organic noise. Not that harsh, but detailed and well thought out. The power lies in the structures and atmosphere.

Iron Fist Of The Sun "Behavioural Decline" cd (Cold Spring)
Nice album from this new-ish UK act. The approach to the sound is refreshingly different than most other current PE acts. The sound is minimal, clean and feels very electric. A track can be based on just one sound, basically. I also feel some sort of heritage from early UK PE acts here. Good stuff!

Will Over Matter/Bizarre Uproar split LP (Filth & Violence)
First thing I've heard by Will Over Matter. I really liked the first of the two tracks by this act. The slow drum beat combined with the extremely low-pitched bass create a very strong foundation for this track. When the vocals come in later on the track becomes even more powerful. I'm not sure I like the raised tempo in the end, but maybe I'll change my mind when I've listened to this a bit more. The second track didn't do that much for me, but I've got a feeling I'm missing much due to not speaking Finnish. The Bizarre track is great! The sampled Islamic chant combined with some sparse electronics build up a great atmosphere. Then the track slowly transforms into a thick mass of filthy noise with some occasional vocals added.

P-K

today:
-Delerium : faces forms & illusions  cd
- v.a. Gothenburg 08  cd
-Will Over Matter : might of the planet eater  2xcd

GEWALTMONOPOL

Delirium? As I'm listening to something MUCH wetter and faggier than that at the moment I LAUGH at your pathetic Delirium. HA!

INTERPOL - NYC
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

manuel-ronf

SEKTION B - "Hidden Tracks" CD (L.White, 2007)
LE SILENCE DES RUINES - "Le Silence Des Ruines" CDr (Marbre Negre)

RG

New Malignant order for listening later tonight:

Sektor 304 - Soul Cleansing
Strom.ec - Divine Leagions Beyond Psyche
NTT - The Gospels of the Gash
Cloama - Lernaean Catacomb Complex

Earlier today:

Cradle of Filth - Dusk and Her Embrace
Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast

Forget all the stupid hatred thrown at this band from "true" metalheads and accept that these guys are very good at what they do. Ignore the fact that they cater to the whole teenage Hot Topic mall goth crowd and just LISTEN. Their music completely draws you into a world of their own creation, and that's really what I look for in music. I haven't listened to their last 3 or 4 albums, but the pre-2000 stuff still sounds great to these ears after years of not listening to them.

klono

Altar of Flies Förruttnelsen (better then the split w/ sewer election, don't know compared to other releases)
Darkthrone Panzerfaust (best album ever by the skiing and hiking duo among the fjords)

tiny_tove

genious... "our great leader"

listenting to Ann innocent young thoat-cutter - gli occhi dentro
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

narcolepsia

Quote from: klono on March 21, 2010, 01:07:01 AM

Darkthrone Panzerfaust (best album ever by the skiing and hiking duo among the fjords)

agree

"en vind av sorg" must be one the best black metal tracks ever

tiny_tove

Budrus : Devyniems rytams austant

Kudos for Mr Terror. Impressive sounds... Devastanting vocals. I don't know why but from the description he told me I was expecting something softer. But it punches like a heavy mallet on my face.
Great stuff.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

GEWALTMONOPOL

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Max

Quote from: RG on March 20, 2010, 11:29:48 PM
Cradle of Filth - Dusk and Her Embrace
Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast

Forget all the stupid hatred thrown at this band from "true" metalheads and accept that these guys are very good at what they do. Ignore the fact that they cater to the whole teenage Hot Topic mall goth crowd and just LISTEN. Their music completely draws you into a world of their own creation, and that's really what I look for in music. I haven't listened to their last 3 or 4 albums, but the pre-2000 stuff still sounds great to these ears after years of not listening to them.

i love it when people feel the need to explain why they listen to something that might be concidered "embarassing" ;)

recent playlist:

con-dom: calling all aryans TAPE
macronympha: pittsburgh, pennsylvania CD
john duncan VOD BOX
wipers: over the edge LP
everything by the pixies
wham!: fantastic LP
bacillus: failed disease control efforts TAPE
sewer election: stängda dörran TAPE
the meatmen: we're the meatmen and you suck LP

bogskaggmannen

MUSLIMGAUZE "Ayatollah Dollar" MCD (Staalplaat)

This one is mostly about dubby sub bass and sparse laidback rhytms, aided by vinyl crackle and additional field recordings. Not much melodies throughout and quite light in atmosphere. I wish more of Bryn's compact discs would be like this - devoid of fill-out tracks and better selection of tracks that works well together. Gorgeous packaging.

Nil By Mouth

BLOD - Early Three Works
Boxset of 3 professional printed CDrs released by Denzatsu some years ago. Filth noise at maximun levels.