PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halthan

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 06, 2010, 10:10:52 AM
Was there Tesendalo 7" on Drone? Remember project being good. Never been HUGE ambient fan myself. At one point sold almost all what I could file as "dark ambient" away. Slightly regret doing so.
Katastrofialue! It's kind of small world, when you think of it. Singer of the band is on this board too...

Been educating myself with some neofolk/neoclassical/world serpent scene type of bands.  Sol Invinctus, The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath The Could, Decadence (cheap greek stuff with nice female voice!), and so on.. Listening also upcoming Industrial Recollections CD's.
Sol Invictus is absolutely best of the genre, much better than over-rated DIJ. Dunno if Sol is still active, ´cause Wakeford got a some kinda probs with his heart few years ago ? anyone lighten me up on this ??

MR STAB

yes Mr wakeford is still active indeed he regularly stull plays certain sets in london and around the world

drunk

Haus Arafna - Children of God
Magmax - Magmagenome

and

Grave - Into the Grave
Into The Grave is probably the best death metal record ever.

Plague Haus

The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath The Cloud

Now you're talking.

I just picked up Wakeford's "Not All Of Me Will Die". I haven't absorbed it all yet, but it's miles above "The Rule Of Thirds".

drunk

Of The Wand And The Moon is probably my favorite neofolk band/project/whatever and I can only fully listen to and submerge in the records during winter rains and while drinking gin, vodka or something like that. Then, listening to OTWATM makes me feel utterly miserable, and for some reason I really enjoy it.
Into The Grave is probably the best death metal record ever.

Ritual

Trepaneringsritualen "Septentrional" tape (Hanson)
Very interesting industrial with a ritualistic touch. Eerie and otherworldly.

Ryan Bloomer "In response to a threat" tape (Harsh Head Rituals)
Fast-paced harsh noise. Quite clear in sound with lot of high frequency noise. Great!

Jarl "Vertigo emission" CD (Autarkeia)
The latest Jarl album. Probably my favourite so far, as well. A more varied sound than previously. Also, slightly harsher and more grating.

Dietermüh/MNEM "Atomyriades" CD (Cipher)
I was a bit disappointed at this when I got it and thought both acts were much better on their own. But it has grown each time I've listened to it, and now I think it is really good. Maybe not as engaging as the two acts normally are, but a very good album to unwind to.

Swans "White light from the mouth of infinity" 2LP (Young God)
My favourite Swans album, period.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds "Your funeral ... my trial" CD (Mute)
Great album! There are no low points on it, and it includes one of my favourite Cave songs... the nightmarish circus waltz of The Carny.

linxtyx

Oorchach/Pogrom  "SPLIT" C30

Zoät-Aon  "Star Autopsy" CD

waratah

Quote from: linxtyx on February 07, 2010, 03:43:26 PM
Oorchach/Pogrom  "SPLIT" C30

Zoät-Aon  "Star Autopsy" CD

Been wanting to check out the Oorchach/Pogrom split, but finances at the moment are killing me.

Dead Tech
Grunt
If, Bwana

halthan

Atm;
Eleanoora rosenholm: Vainajan Muotokuva
Test Dept. :Everything
Amebix: No Sanctuary
Mistreat: Faith and Fury
Wertham: Sleaze

bitewerksMTB

COMA DETOX tape on Nil by Mouth; highly recommended!
BIZARRE-SS-MANIA LP Finnish/US noise supremacy
GRUNT new one with title I can't remember nor spell; pretty damn good
MARTIN BLADH "peter sotos files" cd; not too hot. sotos is dull as shit listening to him read, some of the soundwork is good as layered samples but didn't hold my attnetion for long
SICKNESS "ruiner" LP parts are pretty good but something seems 'off' with this one

Steve

Budrus.
Oorchach / Pogrom Split Cassette.
Astral Social Club cassette on Neon Blossom.
Gerechtigkeits Liga 7"
Various Artists "Stahlerne Lichter"
Red Electric Rainbow Cdr
Dead Pilots.

Busy Sunday!!

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Steve on February 07, 2010, 10:16:42 PM
Gerechtigkeits Liga 7"

How is this? Wasn't it one sider, and other side lock groove? Priced 25,- or something?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

alpharmania

Ryan Bloomer tape on HHR is fucking great. This has been in my walkman since I left Utmarken...
Amebix and Mistreat = solid combination

is it new 7" from GL? I have two 12" + several live tapes with Gerechtigkeits liga... tapes are released on their own label (Zyklus?). much better than studio vinyls (where it often gets too "funky" for my taste).

Steve

The 7" seems to be a split with a project called Gehirn.Implosion of which I know nothing about. It is released by Verstand and is limited to 199 copies. The GL track is called "Wendehorn" and is the sound of an awakening beast, a beautifully constructed piece of modern industrial music. The G.I track is OK. There are sections that sound like lock grooves - but it is OK. White vinyl with an insert. Worth it.
It is better than the Ironflame 7""! I have the Zyklus 12"EP "The Games Must Go On" + the LP on Thermidor. I regard this release as essential Gerechtigkeits Liga.

<Playlist addition. - Crispy Ambulance live at North Hykeham Memorial Hall bootleg CD>

Zeno Marx

Quote from: halthan on February 06, 2010, 10:26:40 AM
Was there Tesendalo 7" on Drone? Remember project being good. Never been HUGE ambient fan myself. At one point sold almost all what I could file as "dark ambient" away. Slightly regret doing so.
Katastrofialue! It's kind of small world, when you think of it. Singer of the band is on this board too...

Been educating myself with some neofolk/neoclassical/world serpent scene type of bands.  Sol Invinctus, The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath The Could, Decadence (cheap greek stuff with nice female voice!), and so on.. Listening also upcoming Industrial Recollections CD's.
Sol Invictus is absolutely best of the genre, much better than over-rated DIJ. Dunno if Sol is still active, ´cause Wakeford got a some kinda probs with his heart few years ago ? anyone lighten me up on this ??
Hedningarna, Garmarna, Andrew King, Pantaleimon, Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud, In Gowan Ring, and Belborn.

The big surprise of this genre in the last couple of years was the Solanaceae album from last year.  Made my "best of" and had me playing it more often than just about any album in the past several months.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.