PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 30, 2010, 10:27:36 PM
Seemed like bitter jaded old man goofing around with electronics.
[/quote]

Now that's what I call atmosphere! Bitter jaded old man electronics is one of my favorite fields atm, with plenty of future growth potential. NOT being facetious.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

GEWALTMONOPOL

Lou Reed is one of those artists I heard a lot during my chilhood thanks to my older brother. About three years ago I decided to buy a couple of albums again (Berlin and Transformer) since I'd totally lost touch with him from my teens and onwards. So with a certain sadness I admitted that Lou Reed is a pretentious bore. When I was in Mikko's shop last year I gave Lou one last chance when buying the mythical Metal Machine Music and my reaction was the same. A load of boring old shit. Fuck this guy.

Definitely the most overrated ex member of VU. I recommend everyone to go for Nico instead.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

MR STAB

i was once lou reeds ahtray true story!! I was paid to hold ashtray fro mr reed on the strict instruction i didnt talk to him lol

narcolepsia

jason crumer - burning in hell

government alpha - synchronized sleep

skin crime - skin crime

kakerlak - pyrethroid buzz

heretogo

v/a - Nyrkki ja Kyrpä cs
Very nice compilation, a lot variety and still full of quality. But ah, unfortunately there is a technical problem here. The channel balance leans heavily towards one channel... very annoying to listen in proper "audiophile position" between the speakers (or on headphones, I guess). Yeah, I do have a channel balance adjustment on my amp, but still... I wonder if the problem was with the master or if it's due to the duplication process (this seems to be professionally made).

BizarreSSMania - What's Your Pleasure, Sir LP
First impression: good but not as good as I expected. Hard to say yet, feels like there might be more to it on further listenings. Solid stuff but didn't make me all giddy, not yet at least.

Urauschwitz - Zirkuszerfall cd
Parts of this are superb. Like phantom nostalgia of times that never were. Other parts are just plain boring. Very intricate and confusing packaging / cover art, in this regard it's one of the best I've seen in a while. A project to keep an eye/ear on, I think.

alpharmania

Hated Perversions:
Waited a while until picking this up, but it was sure worth it... I think the Institute of Paraphilia Studies really did succeed in gathering the most perverted names in noise & power electronics field. Inside the heavy leatherbook-styled packaging a booklet is hidden. Exceptionally well-researched and carefully compiled from both own material as well as other material that makes any retro-pervert go insane! I recognize some of the swedish / danish magazines mentioned inside...
One can tell that there is people with fanatic dedication to their perversions. Highlights are Sick Seed (two really strong tracks), Nicole 12, BU, Grunt and Taint (dedicating his work to Male Rape Group - genius!). The rest was good but a bit overshadowed by the power of above mentioned....
Hated Perversions prove that this subject isn't over-and-done-with as many claim. Here it is taken to a whole new level. I welcome this and pray for more products from IOPS in the future!

Vehm - Time of Violence:
Debut tape that took a while before it came out... Recommended for all those into sounds of Grey Wolves in Catholic Priests / Punishment era. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 10 years for next release?

Dusa - tape on Utmarken:

Reminds a bit of his "Svenska bebådare" cassette that came out last year. Not in any way noise-related, but very strange and original experimental soundwork. Kjell Böglund cover. Classy handmade covers. Maybe bit too short, otherwise an excellent tape!

Enhänta Bödlar: Tomma tonhuvud
Oh no... Enhänta Bögar (as Leif of RJF put it) are back with a tape on Börft. This is the part of Swedish "industrial" that I can't really handle... Crazy/funny titles like Åka Sopbil and Spräckt fläkt. I pressed stop button after two tracks.

Pestdemon: Vexations (Strömkarlen) + The Natural Destroyer (Utmarken):

Two tapes of well-performed death industrial / power electronics. Uprising act in Swedish scene. Both tapes are really good.

P-K

haha, i liked the Enhänta Bödlar-cassette, pity it's even more dance-musi than the lp ....(and lp is much better)

after working 8 nightshifts :

really needed it lol

Ritual

Yesterday:

BizarreSSMania "What's Your Pleasure, Sir?" LP
Great, varied sound. More laid-back than I had anticipated, but that suits me just fine. The sound is as dirty as you could imagine, and incredibly powerful.

Kristian Olsson "Att Vara Där Jag Var Innan Jag Var Jag" LP
A lot more laid-back and subtle than Alfarmania. This has a very eerie, otherworldly atmosphere, compared to Alfarmania's industrial filth. Some parts remind me a bit of Niellerade Fallibilisthorstar. I love the sounds of creaking and banging metal, and the hints of "real" instruments buried deep here and there in the sludge of feedback.

Pestdemon "The Natural Destroyer" tape
Fourth tape so far from this Swedish act. And the quality does not drop a single bit. Powerful death industrial in its very noisiest form. Edition of 50, so get it while you can.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: heretogo on February 04, 2010, 09:45:07 PM
v/a - Nyrkki ja Kyrpä cs
Very nice compilation, a lot variety and still full of quality. But ah, unfortunately there is a technical problem here. The channel balance leans heavily towards one channel... very annoying to listen in proper "audiophile position" between the speakers (or on headphones, I guess). Yeah, I do have a channel balance adjustment on my amp, but still... I wonder if the problem was with the master or if it's due to the duplication process (this seems to be professionally made).

I guess the factory has one of duplication decks with this error. I know that 1 person before this complained about same thing. When I did check with all my copies and publisher listened plenty of his, other defected copies couldn't be found. I wonder how many decks they have running? 10? 20? 30? So I guess it is 1 out of XX copies that has problem in balance of channels. I'm sure label will replace you with new copy if you ask nicely. This probably affects everybody using tapeline.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

One way I compensate for this problem when it happens is I record the tapes to a digital format, but in mono. Then I do any extra balancing after it's recorded. While MP3s never sound as good as the physical tape it's better than having everything in one channel.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

waratah

Snuff
Death Pact International
City Of Worms

XE

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 05, 2010, 01:08:57 PM
Quote from: heretogo on February 04, 2010, 09:45:07 PM
v/a - Nyrkki ja Kyrpä cs

I guess the factory has one of duplication decks with this error. I know that 1 person before this complained about same thing. When I did check with all my copies and publisher listened plenty of his, other defected copies couldn't be found. I wonder how many decks they have running? 10? 20? 30? So I guess it is 1 out of XX copies that has problem in balance of channels. I'm sure label will replace you with new copy if you ask nicely. This probably affects everybody using tapeline.

Would be better to contact label right away when having this kind of problems!   will send a new tape of course. drop me a line filthandviolence(AT)gmail dot com

heretogo

Quote from: XE on February 05, 2010, 09:45:32 PM
Would be better to contact label right away when having this kind of problems!   will send a new tape of course. drop me a line filthandviolence(AT)gmail dot com

Sure, will send you an e-mail and we'll get it sorted. Anyway, idea was not to slag the label, sorry if it came across like that.

About the comp, I was especially impressed by the Pain Nail contribution + the Manic/Depression track. And nice touch with the Funeral Mongoloids track ending side A, works beautifully.

Evenings playlist includes Katastrofialue - Tuskatakuu '94-'98 cd, General Assurance - Abundancia En Su Vida cs and Cockpits - Knight Riders cs.

bogskaggmannen

TESENDALO "Wendezeit" LP (Korm Plastics)
TESENDALO "Natur Naht" LP (Noise Museum)
TESENDALO "Laura" LP (Staubgold)
TESENDALO "Bandwurm" MLP (Molar Records)

German ambient from the 90's. Don't think the guy - Peter Schuster - did get that much attention outside mainland Europe perhaps? The earlier LPs ("Wendezeit" and "Natur Naht") are more darker, "industrial" ambient (maybe a bit due crappier equipment?) while the later ones are more clear and "lightweight" droning guitar ambiences. I like these a lot.

FreakAnimalFinland

Was there Tesendalo 7" on Drone? Remember project being good. Never been HUGE ambient fan myself. At one point sold almost all what I could file as "dark ambient" away. Slightly regret doing so.
Katastrofialue! It's kind of small world, when you think of it. Singer of the band is on this board too...

Been educating myself with some neofolk/neoclassical/world serpent scene type of bands.  Sol Invinctus, The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath The Could, Decadence (cheap greek stuff with nice female voice!), and so on.. Listening also upcoming Industrial Recollections CD's.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net