PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-K

imho it follows the You/Butterfly road but a bit harsher (but NOT like Blüt), more weird vocals effects, clanging metal, .......pure genious.

RJF cd on Segerhuva.....excellent oldschool industrial TG/SPK/Cab's, crude & twisted
NON sick tour cd......found my copy back after years of collecting dust, forgot how good this is, pure loopwork

Brad

Quote from: P-K on June 16, 2011, 06:51:33 PM
RJF cd on Segerhuva.....excellent oldschool industrial TG/SPK/Cab's, crude & twisted

Is this still available anywhere?

Mattias G

Quote from: Brad on June 16, 2011, 08:46:31 PM

Is this still available anywhere?

Direct from the label, good stuff! http://www.segerhuva.se/mailorder.html

Ashmonger

Brandkommando - Changes (C60, Nil By Mouth): A side is rather laid back, calm electronics, nothing really extreme. I actually like this, interesting to hear how this works, while actually using the same elements like most of the more aggressive stuff. B side is harsher, some good vocals. One track with kind of overwhelming feed back work, which works in itself but seems to stand a bit apart from the other stuff. Third track on the B side seemed a bit boring though. Overall not bad, but I wasn't fully convinced. Might have to give it some more spins though.

UGRA

imho it follows the You/Butterfly road but a bit harsher (but NOT like Blüt), more weird vocals effects, clanging metal, .......pure genious.

Exactly. One of the best albuns I have heard so far on 2011.

RyanWreck

Libertinage - Quick Cum (Biteworks, 2007)
Haven't popped this in in ages. Domineering, piercing feedback while caked in static crunch intensifying itself, sometimes cutting off and leaving you with more lonely, undefiled feedback. Vocals seem to be there but very buried and happen during a couple of random moments and comes in small doses. Expect Taint more than Mania.

Clo Goelach – Forced To Choke   (Klaustrosignal, 2009)
Clo Goelach's best material is to be found here. The title track, "Forced to Choke" and the quick stammering of "Failling Indigo/Sticky Hole" are my favorite Clo Goelach tracks and they can be heard on this album or on the collected work titled Baltic Filth released last year and also contaings his Streetwhore material which isn't too great. What you can expect from Clo Goelach doesn't share many characteristics with his newest project Body Cargo, with the exception of the dragging and sluggish heaviness. Clo is far more violent and direct with the pummeling of his fans. Tracks are mainly based on swelling walls and brazenly direct vocals and some underlying droning static. Other artist with this sound who immediately pop into my head is latter era Deathpile, Slogun and maybe some Organized Resistance/Brethren material.

Tenebracid

alchemy of the 21th century - beauty of... cd
women in the woods - distant 2xcs
ke/hil - hellstation lp
caucasian colony - stars of africa cs
prurient - bermuda drain cs

bitewerksMTB

Nicole12- black line LP; loving it!
Shift/SickSeed- split LP; Shift is great, best I've heard from him. Haven't flipped it yet.
Paul Chain- detaching from satan 12"
Negative Plane- stain glass revelations (or is it reflections?) 2LP

RyanWreck

Whitehouse - New Britain (Susan Lawly CD re-release, 1982/1996) - I'm sure I don't need to give this a thorough one since we all have it. To me it is a perfectly cold and provoking Power Electronics album. Tight mixtures of feedback, mid range droning static and crunchy low-end with Whitehouse's signature processed vocal style (well, at least it was a "signature" up until around GWD). Favorite tracks for me are "Viking Section" because of the strong feedback and thin hiss, "Roman Strength" which I think exhibits one of Whitehouse's best vocal approaches, and you can't help but love the Hitler opener. And "Ravensbruck", a track that kind of sticks out on this album because of the barely audible pulsations buried in there along with its short bursts of bass moments which, like everything else here, gets stabbed into by sharp feedback leading way to stuttering vocals.

Mauthausen Orchestra – Host Sodomy (Aqulifer Sodality, 1986) - Not an absolute favorite of mine from MO which is my favorite P.E./Industrial artist from the old-school, just for the record. However, this piece of work does rank very high up there in both the MO catalog and the Power Electronics oeuvre. This tape also marks the ending of the greatest time period in which the greatest Industrial artist made his greatest work. Host Sodomy covers a good amount of ground and drags the listener around with building and toppling towers of noise. The typical MO synthesizer exploration is still here but with added power. Loops became a seemingly important piece of sound to Manthausen Orchestra just a few years before this cassette, and Zoppo knows how to work with them to great effect. Although I've heard that some of these older cassettes may have stolen from other artists? I know that later material put out by M.O. used other Noise artist work at times but I would love some clarification as to some of the material on these older cassettes.

RyanWreck

Bizarre Uproar - Lily the Flesh (Filth & Violence, 2010) - Another one everyone has probably heard by now so no use to really go into it much so I'll just say a few things. I know a lot of people say this reminds them of Clinic of Torture. While there are some instances where this seems to be the case I am reminded more of material that Taint recorded early in his career on cassettes such as Prey and Piece-Meal Dissection. A very creative use of sampling combined with compressed and cloudy Industrial racket. BU's cassette is a bit more droning and hazy than the Taint tapes but if you listen to them back to back it is hard not to hear the comparison.

Body Cargo – Flesh Waste / Recycling (Autarkeia Vinyl, 2011) - I've been a fan of Body Cargo since the beginning and it seems as though each release, even if it was recorded at an earlier date, makes complete sense in the sequence in which it is released. Everything that makes BC an original product, a threat, is here but with a greater emphasis on subdued aggression. I was so pissed that the new needle I got for my record player seems to be fucking up my records because now I have to wait to hear this again and to hear any of the 10'' which I'm extremely excited to hear. Both should be reviewed soon on the blog.

P-K

Surgeon : breaking the frame cd......outstanding ice-cold techno/pure electronics, love it!

Ashley Choke

AARON DILLOWAY - LIP SYNCING TO VERME
Absolute constant rotation the last couple of day. Truly a great record. One of the most disturbing and uneasy listening experiences lately. And for sure one of Dilloways best. Last track which is ultra dirty subtle synth loops is a perfect way to end the record. Can anyone point me in direction of more Dilloway(or other artists) in this vein

GISM - DETESATION
Needed a proper wake up punch in the face, to be able to drag myself to the KWON this morning. And what better way than with GISM's bizarre masterpiece, first songs on side A and B respectively might be two of the greatest punk anthems ever. Endless Blockade For the Pussyfooter! DIS! DIS! DISTROY!

cvac

Quote from: P-K on June 26, 2011, 01:33:08 AM
Surgeon : breaking the frame cd......outstanding ice-cold techno/pure electronics, love it!

^Really want to hear that one...his last proper album (force and form) is a huge favorite of mine.

Recent Playlist:

Bad Brains: rock for light (orig. mix)
Merzbow: flesh metal orgasm
Crawl Unit: C.U./P.C./C.U./H.H.
Monster Magnet: spine of god
Alliance: resonant agitate
Paintbox: earth ball sports tournament
David Kristian: synaethesia
Mutton Birds: envy of angels

Dan J

HENNING CHRISTIANSEN - Symphony Natura Lp
Animals, bowls and electronics blended together to a amazing piece of sound collage. Recommended.

icepick method

Just got the new Gerechtigkeits Liga lp in the mail today. Excellent from start to finish. Better than their old material even. Just wish the cover wasn't so minimal.

This past weekend was all vinyl all day.

Third Door From The Left - Face The Firing Squad VOD lp
Meh, it's ok. The TG comparisons are especially evident on the b-side.

Sigillum S - Organic Skyscrapers & Occult Wastelands 10"
Enjoyable if a little forgettable. Not one of my favorites from them. Enjoy more shock horror soundtrack stuff.

Sat Stoicizmo - Jacati Tijelo Sportom sslp
Absolutely love this record. One of the best 20 mins of music ever.

NWW - TPM 2xlp 2001 rerelease
Aside from being warped to hell when i bought it this plays perfectly as a followup to the Sat Stoicizmo. Another 20 mins of frantic drumming and cutup.

Mynox Layh - Intra In Caelum lp
Another one of my favorites. The best CMI band ever that was never on CMI.
Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com