PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

implicitruin

Arv & Miljö "Stenbergapyromanen", TAPE (Posh Isolation)
Second tape from this Swedish act. Concise and to the point tracks that never keep on dragging and I think that is
a major strength here. What we are being served is straight harsh noise with feedback, junk and other electronics.
The vibe is primitive and I appreciate that. It struck me, were voice used to create noise on the third track? Sounded more
"organic" than something generated by an electronic device. Also, the "melody" on the fourth track reminds me of something,
but I cannot seem to place it. Looking forward to hearing more.

Shift / Sick Seed "split", LP (Freak Animal)
Shift delivers utmost crackling destruction, heavy to the core. Later the track moves into a more atmospheric, but equally
oppressive, atmosphere. Sick Seed continues the other side with material that indeed fits that of Shift's contribution.
A nauseating aura all over, survival of the fittest in an inherently sick world... Seems also to partly be a take on
"The Most Dangerous Game"? The cover art, in junction with the lyrics to Shift's "Everything you are will be destroyed",
made a nice parallel in my head to the final parts of the film "Melancholia", or perhaps the ultimate fate of Earth and the Sun,
the advent of an almost inconceivable demise. This is one hell of a split for sure.

FreakAnimalFinland

MILITIA "power propaganda production" CD
Good! It has basically all the elements of Militia. It has the powerful and complex metal percussions, it has the simple loop patterns of melodies as well as rhythms. It has ethnic elements. It re-visits some of the classic Militia tracks in form of sampling sounds of them.
It is good, yet also one can always complain about certain synthetic qualities of clearly being recorded and edited with computer technology. The lack of warm overdrive and saturation what made the early masterpieces such amazing. Still quality and style something nobody does.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

XXX

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 07, 2011, 09:12:39 PM
...yet also one can always complain about certain synthetic qualities of clearly being recorded and edited with computer technology...

I think it was on facebook that Frank said he was using a SP-555 instead of hand made tape loops on a reel to reel. It's too bad that many older bands are turning to the "easier" computer/gear route, but who can blame them. new gear means fresh new ideas.

pontifx

whitehouse - mummy and daddy

dfylr

Boris : Attention Please.

Bereft : Your Messiah will Fail.

Exsanguinate : The Black Acts.

STROM.ec : Laboratorio Suomi.

Megaptera : You Will Never Survive This Nightmare.

humanpulp

-COLUMN OF HEAVEN- demo- tape- crushing power violence intertwined with harsh noise aesthetic. former members of The Endless Blockade.
-VOQKRRE- malevolence- tape- total lo-fi tortured black metal straight from the deepest french forests.
-WHITE WOLVES KOMMANDO- dark ages return- tape- ugly as shit black metal. great over the top vocals on this one.
-"STIFF DISCIPLINE" 4 way split 2xtape w/ BLACK LEATHER JESUS, ASCITIES, SLAUGHTER FETUS, SKONHET. harsh ear drum killer. released for the tour which i just saw.
-DEPARTURE CHANDELIER- demo- tape- another french piece of black metal bleakness. amazing LP on the way from Hospital Productions.

RyanWreck

Got that Column of Heaven cassette in a trade and absolutely loved certain parts in it (especially the ending, i.e. everything after that "god of bloodlust" speech) and hated other parts. 50/50 tape for me.

RyanWreck

Kakerlak - Crawling to Objectify (True Force/Pain Electronics, 2011) - Newest TF/PE assault from HN project Kakerlak. Awesome cassette, wish it was longer. Great pure junk abuse intro followed by layered walls of heavy crunch, buried basement metal scraping and even some vocals sporadically placed.

Max

THE RITA "thousands of dead gods"
MERZBOW "pulse demon"
new NICOLE 12 lp and 7''
RASPBERRY BULBS "nature tries again"
THE HATERS "drunk on decay"
GOATMOON "death before dishonor"
SATANIC WARMASTER "nachzehrer"
OL' DIRTY BASTARD "nigga please"
MEMMY POSSE "kahva kahvasta"
KERÄNEN "moon over torrelorca"

P-K

one of the best projects ever

RyanWreck

Quote from: P-K on June 10, 2011, 10:55:43 PM

one of the best projects ever

His list was a pretty large list of different projects...

P-K

to be honest i only have Stigma (great tape, 2 cd's, 7"....an a smashing live performance on the first Daft Fest)and No Emty Room (ok but more basic darkambient & lots of movie-samples).....any other recommendations?

RyanWreck

Who are you addressing?

P-K

RyanWreck

That's what I figured but I wanted to make sure. We talking about Kakerlak? If so, personally the only material I have collected over the years is the split with Macronympha, Unsafe Vitality and now this new TF/PE release. I've never had a huge interest in this artist, and I honestly don't know why. I didn't like Unsafe Vitality at all it was almost purely Walls being adjusted here-and-there. The Macronympha split was good, though it had great dynamics and a strong atmosphere on Kakerlak's side. But I have to say, with this new one everything has been stepped up ten-fold. It's an amazing cassette. So I guess I could only suggest that split with Macro and this new tape on TF/PE which blew my mind.