Special Interest
October 24, 2021, 08:47:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 556
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 3241348 times)
Niko
Heavy user

« Reply #1125 on: June 06, 2011, 05:57:17 PM »

MKRL - I tape

Very good tape, talented analog "ambient"/experimental music.
It is such an good tape that I find it pretty surprising that no one has mentioned this tape yet on this forum.
Seems like it's sold out from the label already, too bad for those who don't have it.

www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.
Zeno Marx
Overkill user

« Reply #1126 on: June 06, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »

Doom - World of Shit
Doom - Monarchy Zoo
Doom - Rush Hour of the Gods
Doom - Back and Gone

Did you catch them at MDF? They played a great set.
I did not.  Someone described them as "HEAVY" in one of their recent shows, and that was all the trigger I needed to go back and listen to the least familiar albums and Rush Hour (since it is a favorite).

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1127 on: June 06, 2011, 08:38:13 PM »

MKRL - I tape

It is such an good tape that I find it pretty surprising that no one has mentioned this tape yet on this forum.
Seems like it's sold out from the label already, too bad for those who don't have it.

I remember I did review/playlist comments of it, AND that I also forwarded to artist the link about it, but can't find it. Not by search nor manually going through my message history. So I wonder where it was posted...
Good tape, and perhaps also when people check out members behind it, could be interest for those into sludge etc to see what they guys can do.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Zeno Marx
Overkill user

« Reply #1128 on: June 06, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »

MKRL - I tape

self-explanatory, isn't it?  how small of a pressing was it?  these micro-pressings, if it was one, don't encourage discussion for obvious reasons.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
hannes
« Reply #1129 on: June 07, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »

White - Tears Of Piss, CS
Werewolf Jerusalem - The Last To Know, CS
Keränen - Moon Over Torrelorca, CD
Caucasian Colony - Stars Of Africa, CS
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1130 on: June 07, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »

MKRL - I tape

self-explanatory, isn't it?  how small of a pressing was it?  these micro-pressings, if it was one, don't encourage discussion for obvious reasons.

100 copies pro-tapes, nice artwork and special packaging. I don't think it's particularly "micro" edition. Anyone who wants to hear it, I recall R.L. = Ryan of Unearthly Trance, has whole thing uploaded in bandcamp of something?

implicitruin

« Reply #1131 on: June 07, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »

Arv & Miljö "Stenbergapyromanen", TAPE (Posh Isolation)
Second tape from this Swedish act. Concise and to the point tracks that never keep on dragging and I think that is
a major strength here. What we are being served is straight harsh noise with feedback, junk and other electronics.
The vibe is primitive and I appreciate that. It struck me, were voice used to create noise on the third track? Sounded more
"organic" than something generated by an electronic device. Also, the "melody" on the fourth track reminds me of something,
but I cannot seem to place it. Looking forward to hearing more.

Shift / Sick Seed "split", LP (Freak Animal)
Shift delivers utmost crackling destruction, heavy to the core. Later the track moves into a more atmospheric, but equally
oppressive, atmosphere. Sick Seed continues the other side with material that indeed fits that of Shift's contribution.
A nauseating aura all over, survival of the fittest in an inherently sick world... Seems also to partly be a take on
"The Most Dangerous Game"? The cover art, in junction with the lyrics to Shift's "Everything you are will be destroyed",
made a nice parallel in my head to the final parts of the film "Melancholia", or perhaps the ultimate fate of Earth and the Sun,
the advent of an almost inconceivable demise. This is one hell of a split for sure.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:12:42 PM by implicitruin » Logged
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1132 on: June 07, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »

MILITIA "power propaganda production" CD
Good! It has basically all the elements of Militia. It has the powerful and complex metal percussions, it has the simple loop patterns of melodies as well as rhythms. It has ethnic elements. It re-visits some of the classic Militia tracks in form of sampling sounds of them.
It is good, yet also one can always complain about certain synthetic qualities of clearly being recorded and edited with computer technology. The lack of warm overdrive and saturation what made the early masterpieces such amazing. Still quality and style something nobody does.

Harvest
Heavy user

« Reply #1133 on: June 07, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »

...yet also one can always complain about certain synthetic qualities of clearly being recorded and edited with computer technology...

I think it was on facebook that Frank said he was using a SP-555 instead of hand made tape loops on a reel to reel. It's too bad that many older bands are turning to the "easier" computer/gear route, but who can blame them. new gear means fresh new ideas.
pontifx
user

« Reply #1134 on: June 08, 2011, 08:08:38 PM »

whitehouse - mummy and daddy
dfylr
« Reply #1135 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:44 PM »

Boris : Attention Please.

Bereft : Your Messiah will Fail.

Exsanguinate : The Black Acts.

STROM.ec : Laboratorio Suomi.

Megaptera : You Will Never Survive This Nightmare.

humanpulp
moderate user

« Reply #1136 on: June 09, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »

-COLUMN OF HEAVEN- demo- tape- crushing power violence intertwined with harsh noise aesthetic. former members of The Endless Blockade.
-VOQKRRE- malevolence- tape- total lo-fi tortured black metal straight from the deepest french forests.
-WHITE WOLVES KOMMANDO- dark ages return- tape- ugly as shit black metal. great over the top vocals on this one.
-"STIFF DISCIPLINE" 4 way split 2xtape w/ BLACK LEATHER JESUS, ASCITIES, SLAUGHTER FETUS, SKONHET. harsh ear drum killer. released for the tour which i just saw.
-DEPARTURE CHANDELIER- demo- tape- another french piece of black metal bleakness. amazing LP on the way from Hospital Productions.

RyanWreck
« Reply #1137 on: June 09, 2011, 01:37:05 AM »

Got that Column of Heaven cassette in a trade and absolutely loved certain parts in it (especially the ending, i.e. everything after that "god of bloodlust" speech) and hated other parts. 50/50 tape for me.
RyanWreck
« Reply #1138 on: June 10, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »

Kakerlak - Crawling to Objectify (True Force/Pain Electronics, 2011) - Newest TF/PE assault from HN project Kakerlak. Awesome cassette, wish it was longer. Great pure junk abuse intro followed by layered walls of heavy crunch, buried basement metal scraping and even some vocals sporadically placed.
Max
moderate user

« Reply #1139 on: June 10, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »

THE RITA "thousands of dead gods"
MERZBOW "pulse demon"
new NICOLE 12 lp and 7''
RASPBERRY BULBS "nature tries again"
THE HATERS "drunk on decay"
GOATMOON "death before dishonor"
SATANIC WARMASTER "nachzehrer"
OL' DIRTY BASTARD "nigga please"
MEMMY POSSE "kahva kahvasta"