Special Interest
October 25, 2021, 06:38:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 556
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 3242089 times)
GEWALTMONOPOL
Diehard user

« Reply #1095 on: May 26, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »

They were signed to Play it Again Sam at the time which could explain their leanings towards a more EBM sound. I think Pagan Tango is a fucking awful album. The album before that, Trust, is much better and sounds even more EBM. The album after PT, Musique Fantastique, I recall being good. We're into the early 90s by this point and I think they released one more album as Chris and Cosey called Skimble Skamble plus a remix album. From a once again distant memory both were decent. Then came the inexplicable name change and apart from seeing an extraordinarily dull concert in 2003 I've heard nothing from that period.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...
RyanWreck
« Reply #1096 on: May 27, 2011, 02:06:05 AM »

Xenophobic Ejaculation – Must Be Ready / Hang The Nigger (Assembly of Hatred, 2010) - "Must Be Ready" is apparently a cover song from the old Finnish RAC band Mistreat. There is some actual rhythm to be found in this cover song which is something we also heard XE do on the Goatmoon split, but this time around there are no drums but rather some bass guitar (? or synth) with the usual undilating feedback and strong vocal attacks. B-side is probably another cover song by the same band but I can't be sure (their song was titled "Hang the Scum"). This track consists of a clean mid-range tone and rasp screaming and pretty much stays this way for the entirety of the track until the very end when some effects carve into the vocals and the steady tone gets higher and eventually dies down.

Nicole 12 – First Dance Of The Spring (Freak Animal, 2011) - I am going to do a larger review of this on my blog so I don't want to get too into it here. At first I was thinking to myself "I wonder why he is making two separate releases instead of one longer one?". In terms of sound the 7'' seems like it would be appreciated more by people who's favorite Nicole 12 album is the Substitute LP, while Black Line has a sound that harkens back to the older material in Nicole 12's catalog. Whatever the reason may be you can definitely hear some differences.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:08:55 AM by RyanWreck » Logged
RG
« Reply #1097 on: May 27, 2011, 03:05:54 AM »

S.T.A.B. Electronics - Born for Righteous Abuse and Temple of Self-Disgust tapes
First time I've listened to this project and I think it's good. After one listen each, I like the first tape more but I'll definitely be giving both of these repeated listens.

Sadistic Bliss - III tape
This kind of stuff does nothing for me.

Will Over Matter - Seven Impulses tape
I was somewhat distracted while listening to this, but I remember liking the weird vibes. Maybe a bit too long in parts, would like to see this project try some shorter track lengths on a 7" or something.

Male Compliments - s/t tape
Really good. Intense vocal attacks, really like the short reverb/delay used on them. This tape is gonna get played a LOT. Unfortunate that it comes in a fucking plastic bag. Goddamnit I hate that shit.

Neurosis - Sovereign lp reissue
Not their greatest material, but still good stuff from around the Times of Grace period. Glad to see that this band's backcatalog is slowly getting reissued on vinyl. Essential band for any fan of heavy music.

Arckanum - ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ lp
I know a lot of fans of the original trilogy would freak out at this statement, but I think this album might be his best work. Songs are crafted very well and the whole album just flows perfectly.
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1098 on: May 27, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »

Few comments for messages above. I've seen couple of times mentioned N12 "Wrinkly Bliss": it's Wrinkly Bills ;)

STAB Electronics, I agree the first tape is better than 2nd. I think the best solution would have been to simply combine the very best of 2 tapes in one, and re-record and use the remaining ones later on somewhere. I think the original promo was one long piece, which was divided to be 2 tapes. It was good choice, but 1 tape with weaker material removed would have been better.

And now, the Alfarmania new pic 10", very nice! There no big surprises, though. One side to my ear sounds close to Con-Dom's "Holy Bible" 2nd track, with less up front vocals and some physical sounds thrown in. I like the eerie and distant sound of recordings, which has kind of feeling Anenzephalia have had in their live stuff. Nothing is "loud". Nothing is "in your face". It's not really distorted or fierce, but muddy, echoing, distant, gloomy industrial-noises and power electronics soundscapes. It's good follow-up in the catalogue. 20 minutes of playingtime already got several spins.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
MT
Heavy user

GENTLEMAN

« Reply #1099 on: May 27, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »

Dyslexia here I come
RyanWreck
« Reply #1100 on: May 27, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »

Decided to pop the first S.T.A.B. Electronics release in with all this talk surrounding it. Personally there isn't one track on either S.T.A.B. cassette that I dislike. I agree that the phased vocals in some of the tracks was a bit much like on the title track for Born For Righteous Abuse, I also agree that he should have just released on larger LP.

Funeral Mongoloids – New Wave Of Mongoloid Heavy Metal (Self Released, 2006) - This is the first FM release. The tracks on this one are more Noise oriented than on later cassettes/CD's, 80% of the tracks have such destroyed and effected sounds that it is hard to even tell if there is a Guitar present or if it just some loops, pedal work, whatever. Lots of cheesy samples opening each track or rather each set of tracks (72 tracks in total smashed into 10 longer pieces). A lot of pace changes too, most songs are mid-paced which is another difference when compared to FM's other material and Noisecore in general.

Funeral Mongoloids - Fuck is Best When God is Dead (Filth & Violence, 2010) - A clusterfuck of sounds forming 40 minutes of one-take, no edits Noisecore. Side A is a static mess of Noisecore with grumbling vocals and the usual Noisecore abrupt-tempo-change-with-a-drum-stick-count-down, waves of hissing cymbals and fast snare blasts, effects, goofy leads, etc. Side B isn't much different but the riffs are more discernible in some places. This is probably the best FM release (not a huge surprised considering the label) and the album which I would suggest a newcomer to start with.

Waste - Demo (S.H.I.T., 2010) - Noisecore from Canada's S.H.I.T. Sydney's Holiest Independent Tapes label. Murky tape noise and fast, augmented grinding Noisecore blasts effected to shit.
Brad
« Reply #1101 on: May 28, 2011, 12:51:28 AM »

Controlled Bleeding - Core LP
Severed Heads - City Slab Horror LP
Ashmonger
Diehard user

« Reply #1102 on: May 28, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »

Shift - Morose (C30, Unrest Productions): first listen, will need more listens. Side A is quite calm, Side B is harsher. For now I prefer Side B.
Got this together with the Shift/Sick Seed LP on the Silken Tofu fest, but that LP needs more listens to say anything about it. SS side skips in the beginning though, seems like there's a small bend in the LP, can't even see it, but it's enough to make the needle skip unless I heighten the weight. Put it under a pile of LPs now, hope that'll help, but I'm not certain...

Genocide Organ - Under - Kontrakt (CD, Tesco Organisation): good stuff. I like how GO has both more extreme tracks and calmer ones, also like the vocals, which are less screamed than most PE, but sound kind of gruesome due to the effects used. GO also sounds cleaner than a lot of other PE, to me at least, which makes it sound rather cold. Should compare them more, but for now I like this album better than Leichenlinie. (Note: these are the only two GO releases I own, and have heard, up to now.)

P-K
« Reply #1103 on: May 28, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »

the Alfarmania new pic 10", very nice!

just gave it a spin, then 2, 3 times :-D very good stuff, from all Alfarmania i got & checked this is one of the best imho
P-K
« Reply #1104 on: May 29, 2011, 02:01:40 PM »

Deutsch nepal 2x7".....some drunken songs (only1, others are rather nice imho), mixed with intrumental Staalplaat-DN-type work....nice .

Helm : to an end lp .....drone vs Sewer Election-like body sounds. cruel.....but very good!

Psyche : insomnia theatre VOD box......well, we all have a weakness :-D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:13:02 PM by P-K » Logged
pontifx
user

« Reply #1105 on: May 29, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »

BU - unsafe&insane LP
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #1106 on: May 29, 2011, 05:47:02 PM »

Is Deutsch Nepal still active? I don't think I have heard anything I liked but he was an interesting character to meet.

"Unsafe & Insane" is just an awesome record. Probably my favorite BU release.

Only think I've listened to is half of new Genocide Organ.

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1107 on: May 29, 2011, 06:22:10 PM »

What counts as active? I think they play live and there has been releases - mostly re-issues, but in standards of industrial music, I think it isn't that long time since previous new album?

SHIFT / ANEMONE TUBE 7", listened this maybe 5 times ! One side heavy straight forward, another heavy with shifting layers. In a way, brutally simple, but also complexity to go beyond minimalism.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Ritual
user

« Reply #1108 on: May 29, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »

What counts as active? I think they play live and there has been releases - mostly re-issues, but in standards of industrial music, I think it isn't that long time since previous new album?
About a week... ;)
http://www.autarkeia.org/main.php?lang=en&menu=label&ac=releases&id=1641
P-K
« Reply #1109 on: May 30, 2011, 04:05:05 AM »

GGFH : halloween cd .....sold it many years ago, got it back for cheap, now thinking "why the fuck did i sell it???", great sleazy lofi stuff
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 556
  Print  

Jump to: