PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Will Over Matter "might of the planet eater" 2xCD
Will Over Matter "9 to the moon" CD

I think I may have said this before, and I can say it again. When you hear many people say they do "old school" or that they like "old school bands", it still is often something quite timeless. Or it seems utterly inaccurate what comes to their work. When you listen to something like MB's "symphony for genocide", it actually sounds such a.. how to say... dated, that it's simply huge task to find anyone, who would have guts to go THAT primitive, that crude.
And this is when Will Over Matter comes into picture. It's one of the bands who is so damn rude and grim, it often borders in the edge of "how someone can still make THIS?". It is the simplest oscillator boxes - not to be confused with "synthesizers" in modern sense. It's the rough clean slow beats of drum machine. It's sometimes vocals with little or no effects. Sometimes talk, sometimes kind of throaty "metal" style. Each CD is maximum length. We're talking of album being complete when disc reaches like 74 minutes limit. And some weaker tracks - just allowed to be there. Often it is not good choice, but in this case, I think it kind of underlines the roughness. The moment, when you really think what the fuck is this? And shouldn't the be some sort of effect to cover dry electronic signals. There are few moments when you could think of bastardized version of Haus Arafna at their simplest of electronic works of Beherit. Musical, yet not really. I listened these 3+ hours of stuff at once, and it is at the same time mesmerizing as it is disturbing and difficult. I would recommend with certain caution. But if you can handle it, it's really unique in current genre.

Bereft / FITH split LP
Not that these bands would be opposite of WOM, but still, from another planet. Bereft has been improving all the time. I remember the early days, when it really was quite primitive and nasty, but now, it still is, but with "professional twist" so to say. Drum machine / loops etc are heavy as fuck. Loaded with bass frequencies and massive reverb. On the top feedbacks and electronics and rough throaty shouted vocals with quite banal working class skinhead slogans. I think the moment when lyrics are in ways of "I will never be shamed to be white", to me, it sounds like singing "I'm not shamed to be man". Of course you're not. But, therefore, it would be nice to have lyrics what cover the issue of being.. well, man or white. What is the "heritage", what is it about being "working class"? Of course, I admit that PE release is perhaps not necessarily demanding lengthy political identity studies, but still it would be better than having merely words that means very little. One could think for example Slave State. With lyrics as simple as "white land - white rule", it would define many things. Or bands like Brethren, who usually discuss some specific theme, not about reducing it to mere "I'm white, I'm proud". But nevertheless, I think this could be if not the absolute best, then at least very close to best Bereft material and those who like for example fellow american's a'la Vomit Arsonist, harder side of FITH, and so on, will welcome this with open arms!
FITH is well known for what it is. It is the heavily layered and very tonal method of synths, with the kind of sound-track-ish polyfonic keyboards included. Cinematic feel is mixed with some rougher noises, but as said many times before. No dirt, no fierceness, no really crunchy. It is well put together and couple of times I now listened it, I could see more success than to most of noisier bands. It doesn't sound that much "computer made", since the transitions from sound to another go pretty smoothly and sounds themselves are well done. There EQ range goes from deep bass to highest crisp. I just hope here would be the loud vocals known from live gigs and for my own tastes - less of the tonal polyfonic synth sound harmony. People who like FITH, will like this for sure. Those who have not, well, probably not.
So all in all, in this LP, there are no surprises, but it delivers what it promises.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

FFH/FORCE PUBLIQUE CONGO split- good vocals on the FFH side. wish he'd do a full-length;FPQ starts off rough but ends up ok with a sample going through that sounds like someone saying "white man's rule". interesting that Hospital Prod can get away with flittering with such things but anyone else catches shit. d/l'd this after coming across a review on a tumblr blog. i don't think i've seen it mentioned anywhere else. come on FFH! let's have a release longer than 10 minutes!!!

www.dirtworship.tumblr.com

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 04, 2011, 11:06:13 PM
FFH/FORCE PUBLIQUE CONGO split- good vocals on the FFH side. wish he'd do a full-length;FPQ starts off rough but ends up ok with a sample going through that sounds like someone saying "white man's rule". interesting that Hospital Prod can get away with flittering with such things but anyone else catches shit. d/l'd this after coming across a review on a tumblr blog. i don't think i've seen it mentioned anywhere else. come on FFH! let's have a release longer than 10 minutes!!!

www.dirtworship.tumblr.com

label? Hospiltal?

RyanWreck

Yea, it's Hospital:

http://hospitalproductions.net/2011/02/ffhforce-publique-congo-war-crimes-and-natural-resources-cs/

FPC is alright, they've releases a lot in a quick period so I need to sort through it. But I always love FFH. I agree about the vocals, very aggressive like he is shouting through a megaphone.

A.R.GH

right now:
Controlled Property - No innocent civilians

before:

Tha Haters/Screwtape - split tape

bitewerksMTB

I looked through the Hospital site & couldn't find that split tape. Infact, I dont' remember seeing any tapes, just cd releases.

NP:
CHRISTIAN MISTRESS opium + agony LP

ConcreteMascara

I think that tape sold out from the website in about a day, maybe even a matter of a few hours? The new batches of tapes are gone off the website generally very fast. I'm next to positive FPC is another Fernow project judging from the sounds and especially the vocals on the one tape I have.

A few weeks ago 4 FPC tapes came out in one tape batch, all c10s for $8. Parts 1-4 of a series. What I want to know is why couldn't all of the material been put on one tape so that more than 59 or 49 or whatever super limited number of copies could have been made bigger? It irks me to know end because 200 copies could have been easily sold and people who get the newsletter later than 5 minutes after its sent might get a chance to buy one.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Ashley Choke

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 04, 2011, 11:06:13 PM
interesting that Hospital Prod can get away with flittering with such things but anyone else catches shit.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But judging from the FPC artwork, the sample seems to relate to the general theme of the project. Namely the white colonization of Congo/Africa, and not as a White Power statement. Then again this could still be more than enough for the manistream media, to cause a shitstorm. If the person behind the project is the one suspected.

Regarding the releases. I have to agree with CM, I used to be really into this small/short tape hospital thing. but it has come to a point were it all just seems so cordinated. The one-off project tapes of the past works better than this IMO. I'll just hope for a nice CD reissue like the Cocaine Death rerelease and ignore this bubblegum sticker collecting bullshit

Andrew McIntosh

Brume. Lots of Brume. Might be time to seek out and shell out for that box set.
Shikata ga nai.

Ashley Choke

Tufthunter - Es Ist Eine..... CS
Just got this from my friend Sara. After first listen I was left with a total WTF feeling. Now after repeated listening I'm absolutely digging this. really old school primitive synth work similar to the aforementioned "Symphony For A Genocide" and other old M.B works. Some of the stuff has vocals that varies between what I imgagine it would sound like if Miss Kittin did PE and straight up demented gagging loops. At some points the rhythms become almost tribal in nature, but never in a ethno/hippie kinda way. More like a post-nuclear urban tribe feel to it. This tape still requires a lot from the listener. And I can in no way categorize it or figure out which mood suits the listen experience best. But this is for sure recommended for someone looking for something completely different

P-K

digging up the Self Abuse Rec "murder case"  7" series .....good memories :-)

Ritual

Clew Of Theseus "The Death Urge" LP (Verlautbarung)
Great drone with enough heaviniess and rough edges to resemble old death industrial at times. Layers of drones of various frequencies form a shifting weave of grating sounds. Quite exceptional stuff!

vinci.

A.R.GH

lots of Bad Sector

XE

DÄMONENBLUT"Das Tor Zur Hölle" CD  Great ABSURD-ish stuff! VENOM cover in German.Sweet!
UNHOLY"Trip To Depressive Autumn" LP  !!!
WHITE WOLVES KOMMANDO 3xTAPE BOX on Satanic Skinhead propaganda
Lots of new upcoming F&V: MANIA 7",SADISTIC BLISS III,BU live,CONCRETE MASCARA live,HALTHAN live,new POGROM etc.