PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallOfNature

It wasn't that long ago that you couldn't give away that guys releases, now they're all getting released on LP and selling at 50+ on discogs. Strange world.

Eigen Bast

Yea, it was insane when the 250$ 25 tape box set (which doesnt ship for 4 months) sold out in 2 hours. Instagram is a hell of a place. John Olson had a lot of good things to say about Grausamkeit in Life is a Rip Off, too though I doubt third man records fans are clamoring for dissonant synphonic bm.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Mania - All Aftermath c30 (Freak Animal Records)

An enigmatic release, no track titles, notes, or information whatsoever listed in the jcard. There seems to be 3 distinct five minute segments on each side I believe. The approach is more subtle and minimal than most Mania releases I've heard before.

The material is grungy and  creeps along with a tense atmosphere. It sounds like being blindfolded in a serial killers basement and listening to them prepare their tools of torture and murder. The main sound stage consists of metal, drills or saws, some kind of crank(?), and other objects from what I can tell.

Two listens in and this feels like a recording that rewards with nuances after repeated spins.

DSOL

Quote from: Fistfuck Masonanie on September 05, 2019, 07:58:01 PM

An enigmatic release, no track titles, notes, or information whatsoever listed in the jcard. There seems to be 3 distinct five minute segments on each side I believe. The approach is more subtle and minimal than most Mania releases I've heard before.

The material is grungy and  creeps along with a tense atmosphere. It sounds like being blindfolded in a serial killers basement and listening to them prepare their tools of torture and murder. The main sound stage consists of metal, drills or saws, some kind of crank(?), and other objects from what I can tell.

Two listens in and this feels like a recording that rewards with nuances after repeated spins.

looking forward to receiving my copy - new Mania is always welcomed
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

absurdexposition

It sounds like being blindfolded in a serial killers basement and listening to them prepare their tools of torture and murder.

Listened last night. Pretty good descriptor.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Baglady

MNEM - For Delta Relics CD (Kaos Kontrol)
Seems like this 2003 album rarely gets mentioned when MNEM is up for discussion (which also rarely happens). It has all the qualities and ingredients I want and expect from the group, yet somehow it feels like something else. Hard to point out exactly why, but I think it comes down to the mixing/production. It sounds, well, expensive! Like a proper studio album. That weird middle ground between sci-fi movie soundtracks and muddy industrial. A choir of abandoned machinery and antiquated electronics with just enough voltage left in them to keep going. Grey, foggy and alien as always, yet unusually clean at the same time. Comparing this to the latest album, Hegonon, is interesting, as MNEM seem to have plodded down a reverse path, towards something very stripped down and (deceitfully) basic and simple. For Delta Relics is the "right kind of clean" though. A great great record, which sends you off to weirder realms reserved strictly for MNEM travellers. The only thing that hasn't aged very gracefully here is Stephen O'Malleys layout, but what can you do. Eagerly anticipating the next album, whenever that might come out. As I can't imagine how they could boil down their sound even more, I'm keen to know where they'll go.

Balor/SS1535

This sounds really interesting.  I will have to try and track this down and give it a listen!

Bloated Slutbag

Incapacitants ‎– Ostracized Enigmatic Conqueror
They came, they saw, they scorched your fucking head off. What they also did, is release some of their finest work in years. By years I mean, um, two. Two years. So yes, well, Incaps have recently been keeping the earholes occupied. Not counting a not insignificant number of split/collabs (including a potential winner with TNB), Their Royal Majesties have blessed the poor abused 'holes with three long players in as many years. Sufficient to induce in those unencumbered by grace or decorum a good and solid shitting of the pants.
   So here we are, OEC on the grand ol' OEC. The comeback album, after 2018's iffy- if effin innerestin -  Zouvneree. The best Incapacitants since Survival Of The Laziest. And, let's be clear. Survival Of The Laziest is no slouch. Ripped, raw, burnt, burly, bulging, bursting with surprisingly hefty balls of full-flavored thunder-crunch. All of it, or all the best of it, born in the studio – which, as I continue to maintain, is where all the real Incaps magic happens. I mean, Mikawa n pal could release live documents till the cows come home. Watch me dutifully suck it all up, enjoy it thoroughly, and then carefully file it away for future reference. But studio offerings like No Risk No Return. FLS Syndrome. Inverted Yield Curve. Full force dental-drillage of unsurpassed brutality, beauty, brutal beauty, excellence.
   Here again, the studio delivers. "Paraponera Attack" is so good it's got me giggling like a schoolgirl. It's powerful. Real powerful. Raging with raw power. Electrifying hair raising 'hole razing power. If the history of sound were scripted otherwise, this would be Exhibit A in a field of auricular endeavor called power electronics. Better, power electric. Like hooking up to the grid and just mainlining 20,000 volts of raw energy. No sound of the sea here be. This is pure, raw energy. At the same time, it's very physical, very rockstar, as though the raging energy of guitar overlord in action could actually match, in sound, the frenzied gesticulation. What it isn't, is overloaded with blown out crunch-hefties a la SOTL. Though rich and full bodied, the pressures are mainly applied in the severely tweaked registers of high end, piercing, blister-scorch. In the dialect of the noiseperv, dacks be cacked this is HARSH. It progresses per traditional rockstar mode, in Mikawa-spastic fits, getting harsher and more frenzied as bolts of pure paraponera send the body into tortuously blissed convulsions, earholes utterly scorched and blistered but still the necessity to keep cranking it up Up UP. By the thirteenth minute we are coasting the singed ozones of the upper crustosphere, heavier thunder-bludgers starting to blot out the sky. A final siren to signal out, and we...we're fucking spent. Hell yeesh. Brief pause for requisite changing of the pants.
   Up next, a bit of a brownout. A studio effort, but also the reason OEC will not dislodge SOTL as repping the best of the banker buds in twelve some years. On par with any number of pre-SOTL digitized ditties, smooth curving wheels of circular swish slosh silk-like from channel to channel, harsh vectors all but filtered out of the equation. There is, to some credit, a deceptive depth here. Ignore for a moment the sweeps and swoops surfing along the upper edges and sink into luxuriant clouds of cool, chromium, surge and glisten. Well, don't all shit yourselves at once.
   Okay, let's see. That's two studio tracks consuming twenty-seven minutes. What next but forty-one solid minutes of live action. Emphasis on the action. One thing Incaps have mastered, over the course of the three most recent long players, Zouvrenee included, is the maxing out of the spectrum of possible auricular incident. There was a time when listeners (who I always thought were fucking deaf) would use words like "static" to describe the Incaps sound, live and otherwise. No longer. Even the fucking deaf (and apologies for my insensitivity, Incaps have all but guaranteed that my hearing will one day be blessed by that same, gloriously oblivious future of eternal "Ehh? Shpeak up shonny!"), yes, even the literally fucking deaf could not but feel the range of multidimensional vibration coursing through the airwaves. You say survival of the laziest I say soundtrack to the end of the world. An interesting exercise is to repeatedly jump to any random point via your digital playback device and never once will any one moment sound like another. You got them uppers, the lowers, the jizzers, the blowers; the screeching, the roaring, the splooging, the whoring; the crystalline, the smeared with vaseline; the pumping, the plowing, the sphinct-punching, the bowel-crunching. All that and more, your noise boy's a whore, don't care who know it, ain't fraid to show it. As my old man would shout, when in doubt whip it out. At moments sheer genius at others sheer wtf. At still others an unparsable convergence of two apparently opposed extremes. And, despite all that, despite the scorch-blistered excitement, the crunched-out delightment, despite the mastery of the many and marvelous multitudes of studied frequency overload, this is "just" another live Incaps, not even in the top tier thereof. Which, still can't stop me from shitting myself along the way.

Digest spew:
Incaps got the power, know how to fuckin use it. Power electronics from an alternate universe, where sound is consumed by mainlining raw power straight from the grid. Power electronics- better power electric. The raw energy emanating from the speakers will leave you locked in place, slackjawed, unblinking, vaguely scared, that this, all along, is what you want to receive. What you were born to receive. It's got that e-ner-gy, but also a rough n tumble physicality, brutality, that goes straight to gut, straight to pants. Power electronics unencumbered by the inconveniences of fact or history, hic, drunk on power, power electric. Good vibrations. All vibrations. Vibrate like a fucking eel. Deliver the goods. Feel me? No? Good. There are, by the way, two more tracks on this album, but who cares.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

NIT

INTERRACIAL SEX - Nigger Addicted Jackaholic (Nil by Mouth)

Peter is destroying US PE right now, and this is some of his best work. Chaotic and exhilarating electronics meet broken structures and completely unhinged vocals. For me this album gets to the absolute core of what IS does and should be considered a classic. Highest recommendation.

PedestrianOrgans

Quote from: NIT on September 06, 2019, 10:52:26 PM

Peter is destroying US PE right now, and this is some of his best work. Chaotic and exhilarating electronics meet broken structures and completely unhinged vocals. For me this album gets to the absolute core of what IS does and should be considered a classic. Highest recommendation.

Word.

MyrtleLake

Quote from: NIT on September 06, 2019, 10:52:26 PM
...this is some of his best work.
...this album gets to the absolute core of what IS does and should be considered a classic. Highest recommendation.
Agreed. Especially glad he brought his vocals up in the mix this time. His previous work did use the smart judgement to place the vocals at a level to cause one to turn up the volume during listening. That resulted in everything surrounding and overlaying them to have oppressive weight. But it is no longer needed. On ...Jackaholic, the change feels symptomatic of an increased maturity of sound, clarity of message and overall confidence in the work. This album is his best to date, and the physical presentation with visuals is a step above as well.

RyanWreck

This fits nearly every Mania release. I would really love to hear the Agonal Lust / Mania split tape. Two of the best active projects.

ekastaka

Quote from: RyanWreck on September 07, 2019, 12:59:25 AM

This fits nearly every Mania release. I would really love to hear the Agonal Lust / Mania split tape. Two of the best active projects.

I was just listening to the Agonial Lust/Mania split. Both sides are top notch. Mania side showcases the skill he has with spacing out sound in his compositions to create an atmosphere that is both claustrophobic and vast... if that makes sense. However, I remember hearing Agonal Lust are done after the last two tapes and Chicago show. I could be wrong though.

RyanWreck

Quote from: sunandsteel on September 07, 2019, 02:16:57 AM
Quote from: RyanWreck on September 07, 2019, 12:59:25 AM

I was just listening to the Agonial Lust/Mania split. Both sides are top notch. Mania side showcases the skill he has with spacing out sound in his compositions to create an atmosphere that is both claustrophobic and vast... if that makes sense. However, I remember hearing Agonal Lust are done after the last two tapes and Chicago show. I could be wrong though.

Yea, that makes sense. Mania especially exhibits seemingly opposing atmospheres. Controlled frenzy, an anxious calm and the like. That's not great news about Agonal Lust, though, but I remember Coma Detox getting shelved, feeling a certain way about that but then it lead to Disgusting Sanctum and then AL so hopefully something even greater comes together from the death of AL.

bitewerksMTB

There will be another AL recording; it'll be part of a cass. comp box set. Mania is also included. I have no idea when it'll  be completed & released.

Thanks for all the comments concerning "All Aftermath". The next two recordings are completely different. One being much harsher & creepy then the material for the cass. box is so-called 'post mortem PE'.

This week I've listened to Alfarmania "From fix to fix" cd (Old Captain) & Genocide Organ :Leichenlinie: cd (Tesco)