Special Interest
January 18, 2018, 11:41:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 1665957 times)
F82123

« Reply #6750 on: November 19, 2017, 11:17:42 PM »

Venerence-Beyond the Kingdom of Sleep
A HUGE improvement over past tapes. Has a great Nekrophile Records vibe, especially on the A side.

Die Kombination / Ferro Mortem-Partie Mobile
More killer tracks from Die Kombination. One of my favorite newer projects. Ferro Mortem tracks are also strong, but the winner is for sure Die Kombination.

Fatigued & Relapsing
treebeard

Papist

« Reply #6751 on: November 21, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »

i've purchased a good amount of death industrial and pe this year, but haven't listened to much of it.  anyhow, listens most relevant to the forum...

am not - the developing world
koufar - lebanon for lebanese CD
terror cell unit (all releases)
guillermo pizarro & david wright - handsome god within us tape
blackwatch - zulu
autovoice - 00000011 (reissue/remaster of '96 release!!!!)
ledge walker - guided by ripples (local dungeon synth)
compactor - slowdown
sunken cheek - tempered exhaust
sunken cheek - without rejection
sunken cheek & plague mother split
sunken cheek & kvlt deth split
limbs bin - bliss tech flexi
limbs bin - "18 rack demo"
dario valzer - s/t ep (local heavily carpenter soundtrack-influenced synth)

+ a ton of shoegaze, grindcore, sludge, and funeral doom

NaturalOrthodoxy
moderate user

« Reply #6752 on: November 21, 2017, 04:58:38 PM »

Today -

Spectral Voice - Eroded Corridors of Unbeing

It's not often death metal holds my attention for a full album's length but this is sick. Totally cavernous and neanderthal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSk08GAlwIw

Menacing '84 - Hail '84

Modern classic UK PE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duj8-41Pdyk&t=1901s

urall
user

« Reply #6753 on: November 21, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »

Today -

Spectral Voice - Eroded Corridors of Unbeing

It's not often death metal holds my attention for a full album's length but this is sick. Totally cavernous and neanderthal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSk08GAlwIw

Yeah of the best releases this year. Saw them live a while back and it was an awesome show.

Kayandah

« Reply #6754 on: November 22, 2017, 10:17:04 AM »

The New Blockaders - Live At Rammel Club/The Dome
Probably the completionist in me that purchased this because my memory of the Dome show was being less than impressed and listening to it here hasn't changed my opinion. The Rammel Club show sounds better here but ultimately I would struggle to recommend this vs classic tNB
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6755 on: November 22, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »

MERZBOW "Life Performance" CD
Cold Spring
Great to see Cold Spring to finally put out actually good Merzbow CD! I think none of the many merzbow items label has done, has stood out as particularly great. Of course some are ok. This, being re-mastered re-issue of 1985 tape, that goes into harsh noise category, yet still full of loops, tape manipulations and such is example of good era where even standard merz-noise stands out!

SHIFT "Abandon" CD
Cold Spring
Been listening this albums again. When I got the LP, listened many times. Now in recent days, three times. It depends what side of project one values the most, to really measure what is the best album of Shift. Each album is different, so they have their advantages. Especially opening and closing tracks of Abandon are massive. Opening piece includes such a non-romantic darkness and negativity, it's not very common to hear such level in genre where romanticized or exaggerated nature of expression appears to dominate. At the same time, it's not too obvious, not too banal, but just somehow manages to capture eerie spirit of utmost contempt towards... them. Those who needs to be buried deep and forgotten. Good usage of both - very concrete sounds you will link to specific happening. Digging graves. And synthesizer works as well as added dose of musicality compared to previous material. Production of the sounds - clearly done with utmost care for detail.

BARRY ADAMSON + PAN SONIC + THE HAFLER TRIO "The humn of the 7th illusion" LP
Cold Spring
In short on could say: A-side rules, B-side sucks ass. All the subtle and airy choir singing and electronic pulsations, well composed and arranged on a-side is ruined by annoying glitchy nonsense. Still absolutely worth to get due magnificent a-side.

AM NOT "First morbid Vibrations" CD
Unrest Productions
So... I recall tape was good, but this good? What to say about it? I guess most know this technologically advanced heavy electronics unit. If not, then about the time to check out. This may after all, be my favorite of releases?

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Human Larvae
user

« Reply #6756 on: November 22, 2017, 08:17:55 PM »

SHIFT "Abandon" CD
Cold Spring
Been listening this albums again. When I got the LP, listened many times. Now in recent days, three times. It depends what side of project one values the most, to really measure what is the best album of Shift. Each album is different, so they have their advantages. Especially opening and closing tracks of Abandon are massive. Opening piece includes such a non-romantic darkness and negativity, it's not very common to hear such level in genre where romanticized or exaggerated nature of expression appears to dominate. At the same time, it's not too obvious, not too banal, but just somehow manages to capture eerie spirit of utmost contempt towards... them. Those who needs to be buried deep and forgotten. Good usage of both - very concrete sounds you will link to specific happening. Digging graves. And synthesizer works as well as added dose of musicality compared to previous material. Production of the sounds - clearly done with utmost care for detail.

Abandon LP is a great display of pure doom electronics. Probably my favorite Shift release for a while.

Cauldhame

« Reply #6757 on: November 22, 2017, 08:50:08 PM »

The use of locked grooves at the end of each side is especially well done and really gives the LP version the edge.

vomitgore
user

« Reply #6758 on: November 24, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »

Sick Seed - Technological Singularity

The sheer brilliance of the latest album made me revisit this, as it is definitely that kind of material that needs more digestion and various spins for me. And yes, this time this one got me. Nice song structures, even "funky" at times. Very thought-out sounds with great bursts of total aggression here and there. Strikes me as something very few people apart from SS could have pulled off.

Contortus - Violence in Heat  (CD)

I have zero remembrance of the first tape, only that I liked it at the time. Played this album back to back twice, as I was sure I missed important details during the first spin. It's damn good stuff! Really raw sounds combined nicely to make a very fierce whole. Basic agression, but clearly done with skill and over a long period of time. Recommended!

Anemone Tube - In the Vortex of Dionysian Reality  (CD)

I worship this project. The drones, atmosphere, field recordings and aesthetics just blend together so perfectly and the spiritual and philosophical backbone makes it all the more exciting. This CD is a prime example of Anemone Tube's skill. All in all beautiful and trance - inducing but still noisy and tense.

KMusselman
Heavy user

« Reply #6759 on: November 25, 2017, 07:20:31 AM »

In The Nursery - "1961" CD

never did receive my pre-order.  the second copy finally arrived today (thanks Troy!)  Emotional, fresh sounds (rock out!), historical and layered thick.  After thirty years of listening, the Humberstone Twins never fail to disappoint.    Will be spinning this for quite a while.

http://www.inthenursery.com/in-the-nursery-1961-new-album/  

https://inthenursery.bandcamp.com/album/1961
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:20:12 PM by KMusselman » Logged
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6760 on: November 26, 2017, 07:50:36 PM »

On the last two weekends, I listened on repeat to - Organoid- "Bitsevsky Maniac" and Flagellatio Orgasmus- "Criminal Russia" CDs, both on Filth&Violence.

When I got them some months ago, I only listened once or twice, thought I wasn't too impressed and filed them away. After reading the interview in the NEUESACHLICHKEIT book, I decided to listen again. And damn, they are fucking great. Definitely want more.
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #6761 on: November 26, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »

On the last two weekends, I listened on repeat to - Organoid- "Bitsevsky Maniac" and Flagellatio Orgasmus- "Criminal Russia" CDs, both on Filth&Violence.

When I got them some months ago, I only listened once or twice, thought I wasn't too impressed and filed them away. After reading the interview in the NEUESACHLICHKEIT book, I decided to listen again. And damn, they are fucking great. Definitely want more.

guess, what changed your mind.was it reality based sounds, or that sounds were original, or other...
Deadpriest
Heavy user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6762 on: November 28, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »

Just watched a couple of the IPoS DVDs, phew!

Does anyone know where I can find the last two?

Also someone on here posted a link to an interview with the dude from Bizarre Uproar. Could someone direct me to that too?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:08:03 PM by Deadpriest » Logged

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6763 on: November 28, 2017, 08:51:02 PM »

They are not on list, but email to freak Animal and most parts are available.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #6764 on: November 28, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »

MERZBOW "Life Performance" CD
Cold Spring
Great to see Cold Spring to finally put out actually good Merzbow CD! I think none of the many merzbow items label has done, has stood out as particularly great. Of course some are ok. This, being re-mastered re-issue of 1985 tape, that goes into harsh noise category, yet still full of loops, tape manipulations and such is example of good era where even standard merz-noise stands out!

From 2015-2017, what releases have been re-releases from the 80s like this one?

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457
  Print  

Jump to: