Special Interest
January 18, 2018, 11:36:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 1665928 times)
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6735 on: November 09, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »

TONGUE KISS HEMATOMA CD
Filth & Violence
I have pretty much same feelings with this as with Agonal Lust tape. In a way, it is pretty much exactly the way I like my p.e.. Raw, abusive, aggressive, filthy,... but also at the same time feels like it's little bit too much of what could be expected. So, basically it seems like need to give album some time and return when there has been lack of violent and noisy pe in the playlist, hah.. Vile teen girl abuse, date-rape, incest, trannies,.. Perfect example of the contemporary current of obvious p.e.. Explicit and obvious sound, vocals and artwork.

SICK SEED "Power Play" CD
Filth & Violence
What exactly makes Sick Seed stand out when compared to TKH? Many things! First of all, Sick Seed is rarely obvious. It may have rough subject matter, but sort of dilettantish approach. PPT's works may be occasionally vile and brutal, but also with diverse references to culture, art, movies, music, occult, esoteric, etc. Second is that Sick Seed has managed to develop his own style - or even many of them! Also rather unique ways of handling vocal pacing and intensity. All the imperfections in sound or arrangements contribute material to be more. A lot of releases that are done too safe start to be predictable.
This album appears thematically different from previous. Overall feel has something same, though. Both albums are like traditional music albums. 40 minutes length, with lots of "radio friendly" length tracks. In these two albums Sick Seed no longer has the music part of industrial music. It is clearly composed and arranged, as every track stands out as great piece of work.

BIZARRE UPROAR "High Risk Lifestyle" CD
Filth & Violence
New album is recorded live to tape recorder. Offers more fierce and ripping sound. Something people may have already hear in some of his recent live gigs. It is different from album before, yet goes into same category. Always slowly shifting and mutating sound of Bizarre Uproar will satisfy it's lovers and perhaps gain also listeners who prefer it a bit more ripping and harsher than few albums has been?

VERNICHTUNG DURCH ARBEIT "Hungertod" CD
Filth & Violence
I didn't care for the previous album. This is 10x better. It's not as well done and intense as TONGUE KISS HEMATOMA, but in this bleakness of crappy sound waste and atrocious document dialogues and starving skeletal artworks, it works for what it is. For fans of bleak and vile stuff.

ANENZEPHALIA "Programmatika" tape
Hospital
While new KE/HIL 12" and new GENOCIDE ORGAN 7" are extremely good, I still am rather disturbed about Anenzephalia being over. If you can blame some bands to too obvious, there is hardly anything obvious in Anenzephalia. This tape, collecting bits and pieces from 1989-2006 and mixed down 2016, just blows my mind. Artwork isn't good. Graphic design is rather horrid, but in it's themes, looks and spirit there is great feel of it being more than it feels like. While with some other releases my gut-feeling is exact the opposite.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6736 on: November 10, 2017, 11:26:04 PM »

I am just listening to the great Nyodene D - Edenfall CD.
Since there wasn't a release after 2015 (at least to my and Discogs' knowledge), I hope the project is still going!? Any future releases would be much appreciated.
Baglady
user

« Reply #6737 on: November 11, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »

ALFARMANIA & PROIEKT HAT - Flugornas Herrar C88 (Styggelse)
This takes off where, relatively speaking, stripped down Mardrömd Dödsström ended, and peels off yet another couple of layers. Looking back at previous collaborations, it makes sense. From the raging Furyfication to this, each release has come one step closer to what seems to be there core of what the duo is about and what they're chasing. There's no noise clouding the vision here, giving what has always been their main guns and knives more room to shine. Although my mind wanders to the sort of atmospheres conjured up by, for example, John Mylotte and (an estranged and disillusioned) John Carpenter, this really sits in a place of its own. Flugornas Herrar is a long (88 minutes), slow and steady march into nothingness.  Might be my favorite collaboration from these two so far. The stunning artwork needs mentioning as well. My copy luckily came with an A3 poster of it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:19:23 AM by Baglady » Logged
deathcamp
user

« Reply #6738 on: November 12, 2017, 07:50:50 PM »

Hospital
While new KE/HIL 12" and new GENOCIDE ORGAN 7" are extremely good, I still am rather disturbed about Anenzephalia being over. If you can blame some bands to too obvious, there is hardly anything obvious in Anenzephalia. This tape, collecting bits and pieces from 1989-2006 and mixed down 2016, just blows my mind. Artwork isn't good. Graphic design is rather horrid, but in it's themes, looks and spirit there is great feel of it being more than it feels like. While with some other releases my gut-feeling is exact the opposite.

Sorry but I am not sure to understand... Worth buying or not? Their performance during the Tesco fest was so impressive that I would like to have a complete collection...
Thanks for your thoughts about VERNICHTUNG DURCH ARBEIT, will check it!
Harvest
user

« Reply #6739 on: November 12, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »

Hospital

Sorry but I am not sure to understand... Worth buying or not? Their performance during the Tesco fest was so impressive that I would like to have a complete collection...

Sounds are great, design not so much. Surprised few have mentioned the high quality pin it comes with.
deathcamp
user

« Reply #6740 on: November 13, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »

CON-DOM "Control Domination" CD (Armed & Loaded Recordings)
Absolute punishing UK power electronics, this is one of the very best from Con-Dom! Each track has it's own identity and the vocals are amongst the most aggressive ever recorded. Masterpiece.

TREPANERINGSRITUALEN "Kainskult" LP (Tesco Organisation)
Just one listening session, but I can say that the goal is reached, to do an excellent following to "Perfection & Permanence". Maybe better? Time will tell!
burdizzo
user

« Reply #6741 on: November 14, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »

Yeah, it's funny. It is a good album w/ some very strong tracks, and I enjoy it, but I saw him live at the Tesco Festival, and I became bored half way through. In fact, I left to go out back. Seemed a bit of a ''one trick pony'' on stage, and I think went on for a long time; certainly longer than GO - or did it just seem that way? But he's very popular, so Tesco did a good move getting him on the roster.
deathcamp
user

« Reply #6742 on: November 14, 2017, 10:43:48 PM »

Yes I share your views on Trepanering performance, it lacked something... Playing a cd and doing only vocals is not a good option. Even more at the Tesco Fest with all these great acts performing. Only Con-Dom can take liberty to do it I assume?
Anyway, it doesn't affect my interest on the albums, it is a quite unique and great project.
impulse manslaughter
user

« Reply #6743 on: November 14, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »

Saw him live 2 times, couldn't hold my attention both times..
Peterson
Diehard user

NEUROTIC FORCE & FORCE NEUROTIC

« Reply #6744 on: November 15, 2017, 06:59:39 AM »

Agonal Lust "Body of Death" CS (self-released)
          Good stuff - pretty much would be reiterating FA's review, but should add that I liked the wet, electric intensity of the first tape slightly better. This one isn't bad at all, just more "brooding" as previously stated. Maybe even subtle (!), except the vocals. I think I'll be the odd man out and say I like samples with little to no effects - although I get the intention when you only catch certain key statements and phrases that carry the themes (refer to title), I pretty much want to hear every word, sniffle, and telling pause. Side B improves that formula to my liking a bit more. Testimonials, you know? I dig the squirming but heavy backing synths. I think somebody on YouTube strung together all the various David Parker Ray excerpts out there to assemble the complete tape, by the way.

Obscenity Task Force s/t demo + unreleased demos & unfinished stuff
           Completely under-the-radar minimalist PE from John G. of Hand & Knee plus Eddie G. formerly of Final Solution. Excellent, understated stuff with mid-length tracks with a diverse collection of background electronics - all fairly different from one another but sounding at times like early Come Org stuff, some really early bedroom Broken Flag stuff, maybe Intrinsic Action and Bloodyminded. Vocals are delivered in a different style with different effects every track, mostly John, one Eddie. Those former descriptions don't really nail it, though, as it has a distinctly American straightforwardness to it - the intention is something a little closer to what maybe mk9 is doing. I'll probably be putting out some new material in due time with contributions from, well, you know.

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6745 on: November 17, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »

Hospital

I think it is worth to get. I have heard people comment on slightly unbalanced tape. Mixing various things together in almost like puzzle rather than solid release. I like that quality as it makes tape different from many Anenzephalia releases. Artwork design is horrid, but it certainly worth to get. I don't think poster or pin is necessary really. This would have worked well being just a tape with j-card.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Urban Noise
user

« Reply #6746 on: November 17, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »

Since there wasn't a release after 2015 (at least to my and Discogs' knowledge), I hope the project is still going!? Any future releases would be much appreciated.

I think the project is no longer active.

newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
deathcamp
user

« Reply #6747 on: November 17, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »

Hospital

I think it is worth to get. I have heard people comment on slightly unbalanced tape. Mixing various things together in almost like puzzle rather than solid release. I like that quality as it makes tape different from many Anenzephalia releases. Artwork design is horrid, but it certainly worth to get. I don't think poster or pin is necessary really. This would have worked well being just a tape with j-card.

Thanks again for these explanations. I just hope that it will be a re-release, this tape is already at 60€ at discogs??? Hell!
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6748 on: November 17, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

Oh, that's too bad!
deathcamp
user

« Reply #6749 on: November 17, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »

Too bad, the last LP on Urashima is excellent to my ears.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457
  Print  

Jump to: