Special Interest
April 19, 2019, 06:41:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 493
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 2158875 times)
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6675 on: January 05, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »

Listening to a lot of SJ atm. Very edifying. Getting into Masks.

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
SILVUM
user

« Reply #6676 on: January 05, 2018, 05:35:25 PM »

A. LICHT / T.SHIRAISHI "Our lips are sealed" CD

I enjoy him more conceptually than regular listening.

I do extremely respect the animal piercing non music of his tones.  Its basically - as far as I've heard - just piercing sirens...   I dont need much of it, and hate hearing traditional "jazz" based improv with him, anything where some dork tries to play active drumming or any stupid music shit.  The Live 92-94 CD is worth getting for a few key tracks, they are basically the piercing whistles played in tunnels and outside, it makes way more sense than with some other idiot trying to make a song.  Abe / Urabe tradition.

There are also a few short tracks with aggressive vocals.

He has a good aesthetic of sound, but he's more in jazz improv worlds I find useless.

Edit: The Shiraishi live CD has no tunnel recordings, but has really good outdoor - sounds like street at night recordings.  And the CD has collab w Ikuro Takahashi, who is one of the few total godlike drummers I respect, he understands to not play dumb rock nonsense, always sounds more like shattering or quick stabs and impact vs a guy "drumming a song".

His project Damenaatashi from the early 80's is cool trudging dirge music, has saxophone and vocals, but very weird deployment for what it is, fast splintery guitar, and high pitch squealing, but then also sing songy gentle female vocals... I like it. 

Also heard his collabs with Toshiharu Ohsato, and all rule as would be expected.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:58:11 PM by SILVUM » Logged

Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6677 on: January 06, 2018, 03:58:06 PM »

Had it with racist stuff started questioning why I was listening to it couldn't really come up with much. Fak knows, for the time being at least. Bon voyage Brethren.

Kim V
moderate user

« Reply #6678 on: January 06, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »

Had it with racist stuff started questioning why I was listening to it couldn't really come up with much. Fak knows, for the time being at least. Bon voyage Brethren.

Never liked his stuff, voice always annoyed me

you're just a victim of yourself
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6679 on: January 06, 2018, 05:04:12 PM »

Yeah, no one does. I did think that clean vocals are the thing for them though.  *no on like the vocals I mean.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:30:16 PM by Deadpriest » Logged

burdizzo
user

« Reply #6680 on: January 06, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »

Good God, you wanted a box set of all racist projects last week, and now you're fed up w/it all... Not a bit schizo, are we?
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6681 on: January 06, 2018, 11:11:59 PM »

Good God, you wanted a box set of all racist projects last week, and now you're fed up w/it all... Not a bit schizo, are we?

If it was going to happen, it was going to happen some time. Forgot about my idea. Not schitzo just difficult.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:26:03 PM by Deadpriest » Logged

Harvest
Heavy user

« Reply #6682 on: January 07, 2018, 01:43:00 AM »

If it was going to happen, it was going to happen some time. Forgot about my idea. Not schitzo just difficult.

not schitzo just clearly likes spouting off mouth without thinking.
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #6683 on: January 07, 2018, 03:09:47 AM »

Me too. To me they almost bordered on hysterical. Some people seemed to like his vocal style, though, if I'm remembering right.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
totalblack
user

« Reply #6684 on: January 07, 2018, 05:34:17 AM »

Blitz - Second Empire Justice
Always come back to this one for whatever reason, just perfect blend of classic oi and post punk. Not much else to say

Störkraft ‎– Mann Für Mann
No need to say anything about this one

Scatmother \ Wonderland Club - split CS
Crushing split between what I think are two of the best new voices in PE. Maybe one of the better paired split tapes I've listened to in a long time. Good enough that my wife will comment on how good it is while trying to go to sleep

Ferro Mortem \ Die Kombination - Partie Mobile CS
Nice to listen to something like this coming out on Endangered Species, ferro mortem project shows promise, grew on me more the second time I played the tape through. Die Kombination side is good, but not as good as other recordings i've heard \ live performances seen.

Linekraft - Kikai Dansou CS
Blew me away from the first few minutes of listening to it. Really surprised that it's still possible to buy tapes from this project direct from labels, for my taste it's one of the best running projects.

Discharge - live videos
Nothing to say, nothing better. Nightmare continues

Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6685 on: January 07, 2018, 11:29:07 AM »

What the Christ are you talking about!? I say some of the music I'm listening to and i'm spouting off at the mouth?

Me too. To me they almost bordered on hysterical. Some people seemed to like his vocal style, though, if I'm remembering right.

Got to say I do quite like them it makes the expression of the ideas more clear which totally fits the ideals of the music. Dunno...

Major Carew
user

« Reply #6686 on: January 07, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »

"Störkraft ‎– Mann Für Mann
No need to say anything about this one"

Excellent choice!

Storkraft remind me of Honor in some ways, but Honor had more obviously Polish Chorus parts. Only a Polak could write a chorus as good as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjCy0royzw

Derbunker_At_Mail_Dot_com
gabalgabow
user

« Reply #6687 on: January 07, 2018, 04:58:22 PM »

RADICAL SUCKERS
A fast punk hardcore band with rock’n roll influences.
Quite kicking! Saw them live yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDyesSpJhVA

MORE THAN SOUNDS Blogzine:
https://morethansoundszine.blogspot.fr
Harvest
Heavy user

« Reply #6688 on: January 07, 2018, 07:06:10 PM »

What the Christ are you talking about!? I say some of the music I'm listening to and i'm spouting off at the mouth

"All racist projects boxset" ( a terrible idea to begin with) then a few days later "I hate racists!" seems like we love padding that post count more than contributing to a conversation. Want more examples? You post things you've downloaded in the purchase thread. You post what you're listening to this very thread without so much as a small review (which is the point of this thread.)  

Think before you post. Simple really.
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6689 on: January 07, 2018, 07:34:05 PM »

What the Christ are you talking about!? I say some of the music I'm listening to and i'm spouting off at the mouth

"All racist projects boxset" ( a terrible idea to begin with) then a few days later "I hate racists!" seems like we love padding that post count more than contributing to a conversation. Want more examples? You post things you've downloaded in the purchase thread. You post what you're listening to this very thread without so much as a small review (which is the point of this thread.)  

Think before you post. Simple really.

One last thing then I'll shut up. I had a change of heart (not being racist then not, just deciding that I'm not into hearing about it anymore) I didn't say I hate racists, do what you like.  I participate!!  

443 posts!! YAAS!!!

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 493
  Print  

Jump to: