Special Interest
December 11, 2018, 11:25:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 480
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 2048257 times)
Euro Trash Bazooka
user

« Reply #6570 on: October 02, 2017, 12:03:14 AM »

BRB - Der Gipfel Der Genüsse tape

German noisecore classic from 1992, goes from wild short blasts of brutality to silly samples of children songs in German, butchered "Personal Jesus" cover (of Depeche Mode), random noise, and more brutal blasts.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
impulse manslaughter
user

« Reply #6571 on: October 02, 2017, 12:24:48 AM »

Francisco Lopez; i have some of his untitled pieces and was listening to them today. I find it really hard to make up my mind about this artist. One dimensional, monotonous sounds + lack of packaging and/or information makes it really hard to get in his material. On the other hand, some of his stuff sounds nice..
impulse manslaughter
user

« Reply #6572 on: October 02, 2017, 12:26:35 AM »

Discordance - Supremacy CD

PE-Project by Gabriele Giuliani (Dead Body Love). Damn good! Lots of feedback and nasty vocals.

Yes, i love this one too! For those who do not have it; lots of cheap copies around..
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6573 on: October 02, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »

Am currently listening to The Tom Smith and Kevin Drum(m?) collab. which is absolutely absolutely absolutely amazing completely dense and constantly permutating
prior I was listening to a bit of Aaron Dilloway, Taeter and lots of Filthy Turd. I also checked out Peterson's Im Blau - Nocturnes​/​Etudes which I thought was very cool.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:29:42 PM by Deadpriest » Logged

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6574 on: October 03, 2017, 01:20:05 PM »

Sete Star Sept - Messenger From The Darkness: Grindcore turned in a slurry, loving it.
Satyricon - Nemesis Divinia - Overly produced, overly melodic artefact from my past.

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
Kayandah
moderate user

« Reply #6575 on: October 03, 2017, 02:12:30 PM »

Francisco Lopez; i have some of his untitled pieces and was listening to them today. I find it really hard to make up my mind about this artist. One dimensional, monotonous sounds + lack of packaging and/or information makes it really hard to get in his material. On the other hand, some of his stuff sounds nice..

I have way too many of his releases and its hard to remember what one "untitled" release sounds like compared to all the other "untitled" releases. But, couple years back he released a series of field recordings from various jungle/forest locations and I would highly recommend them. His album of New York tower recordings from 2001 is still a great late night listen
Kayandah
moderate user

« Reply #6576 on: October 03, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »

Showing my age but been listening to a lot of Sisters of Mercy. In a way its pure flashback memories and some of it is cheezy as hell to listen to now, or maybe because it became such a stereotype of goth music, but in a way you can't beat it for a dose of eighties goth.

There was one goth band - Masochistic Religion - who took the sisters template and simply slowed it down. Had a soft spot for that record though not sure what I'd think if I listened to it now.

Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #6577 on: October 03, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »

Addy En El País De Las Frutas Y Los Chunches (1997) and La Selva (1998), Buildings [New York] (2001), and Wind [Patagonia] (2007), which I believe is considered a trilogy.  I'd recommend giving those a try.  Buildings is my least favorite of those four.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6578 on: October 06, 2017, 04:27:47 PM »

CRYPTOFASCISME "La Bombe A Francaise" tape
VIOLENT SHOGUN -tape
self released
Guy who is also on this forum, not sure does he want to be identified with these works, but probably no secret? Accompanying letter said that there are just dubs made for me, and not actual releases since he doubts anyone would care.
Well, I could convince different! While lay-out has little punk-esque feel, musically, these works has been really killer stuff. Not harsh noise. Not straight out power electronics. But something what falls into old spirit of industrial-experimental-postmortem tape culture. French nuclear experiments in algerian deserts is accompanied with suitable music.
Both of releases operate on rather basic tools. Loops, electronics, samples, etc etc. But at least dubbed on tape, really neat "hand made" feel to material. Not too fancy effects. Not too carefully edited. It doesn't have the brute tough guy element, but it looks into somehow controversial moments in history of mankind, from perspective of its creator.
Both tapes are different, but also have some similar qualities to them. Violent Shogun with synth, tapes, loops, etc. At first I felt that this could be quite close to Mark Solotroff Surgigal Stainless Steel, but then it got more diverse.
Both tapes have covers, so if one is interested, I strongly recommend to get in touch with this guy. Also labels seeking for something new - stuff easily beats many of cd's put out these days!

More obscure tapes one could point out as worth to try grab:

INSTINCT PRIMAL "Tassili" tape
Nova Alternativa 01
Highly electronics works. Occasionally noisy, often atmospheric, but slightly hard to fully categorize it. Experimental electronics, should I say? Four short tracks makes up C-20 tape.

HIROSHI HASEGAWA / INSTINCT PRIMAL split tape
Nova Alternativa 03
There is topic elsewhere about Hasegawa. My conclusion had been that despite there has been changes, it's not like with some other old timers, that it goes for worse. No. Actually some of Hasegawas works are among best he has ever done! This piece is leans more to textural ambient. Not as simple as some of the Astro. Maybe without baggage of needing to be oscillating drone, under own name can have various ways to approach. Again I feel tape benefits for material. Same for Instinct Primal. So carefully adjusted clean and pure sounds, including electronics, field recordings, etc. - but on tape, there is little extra saturation and dirt what simply adds another dimension to sound.

HECATE "Absolution" tape
Nova Alternativa 04
Same could be said about this! I was expecting something more... ehm.. gothic? This is rather hi-tech and clean sounding, but at the same time it's atmospheric electronic. Too busy to be "just ambient". Too vivid and active to be dark ambient. Too technological to be really on same category with various ritual music groups. I listened this 3 times in row. Not sure what qualities made me want to keep flipping side over and over again. Just I liked what I heard.

Each comment quite vague, but in short: Recommended for anyone looking for little different kind of stuff what many currently popular tape labels put out.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
cr
Heavy user

« Reply #6579 on: October 06, 2017, 08:25:52 PM »

VIOLENT SHOGUN -tape
self released
Guy who is also on this forum, not sure does he want to be identified with these works, but probably no secret? Accompanying letter said that there are just dubs made for me, and not actual releases since he doubts anyone would care.
Well, I could convince different! While lay-out has little punk-esque feel, musically, these works has been really killer stuff. Not harsh noise. Not straight out power electronics. But something what falls into old spirit of industrial-experimental-postmortem tape culture. French nuclear experiments in algerian deserts is accompanied with suitable music.
Both of releases operate on rather basic tools. Loops, electronics, samples, etc etc. But at least dubbed on tape, really neat "hand made" feel to material. Not too fancy effects. Not too carefully edited. It doesn't have the brute tough guy element, but it looks into somehow controversial moments in history of mankind, from perspective of its creator.
Both tapes are different, but also have some similar qualities to them. Violent Shogun with synth, tapes, loops, etc. At first I felt that this could be quite close to Mark Solotroff Surgigal Stainless Steel, but then it got more diverse.
Both tapes have covers, so if one is interested, I strongly recommend to get in touch with this guy. Also labels seeking for something new - stuff easily beats many of cd's put out these days!

Sounds good enough, I'm interested. Any contact available? Thanks
Theodore
user

« Reply #6580 on: October 07, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »

VIOLENT SHOGUN -tape
self released

Sounds good enough, I'm interested. Any contact available? Thanks

Well, i am interested too. For the first Cryptofascisme tape as well, after reading the reviews here, but in his post said the tape was only for trade, and since i am just a "consumer" , not much willing to part with other releases i bought, i let it. Second tape, second good review, time to contact to ask.

So some care, 2 for sure hehe, i guess probably more. No idea if enough for a "proper" release but some more dubs are needed.

“ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες”
Euro Trash Bazooka
user

« Reply #6581 on: October 07, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »

Dang, thanks a lot for the kind words, Mikko.

The projects and releases aren't really secret but more lowkey stuff which I tend to send or trade with friends or people whom I think might be interested. That being said, if anyone's interested, it's available for everyone, hah.

In order to not disturb the current topic, I made a proper one in the correct sub forum: http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=8331.0

Thank you.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
Baglady
Heavy user

« Reply #6582 on: October 07, 2017, 03:29:04 PM »

V/A - Tearing The Wings Off Butterflies C90 (Taint Entertainment)
Finally caught this white whale of mine, and it didn't set me back as much as I had expected. Maybe not as insanely good as the more well known compilations of the same era, but not that far behind. EVIL MOISTURE, AMK, INCAPS, MACRO, MSBR, CON-DOM, BEAULIEAU, TAINT, SMELL & QUIM, SUDDEN INFANT, AUBE, PUTREFIER, THIRDORGAN, ORIFICE TRAINING, CCCC and HUMAN SKIN LANTERNS... Can't go wrong with that mix! Solid blend of damaged tape fuckery, all out blasting and crumbling muddy destruction. I know some tracks from this comp has been lifted for separate artist "best of's" (CON-DOM and PUTREFIER at least), but those aside, this was all fresh material to these ears. There are no given favorites here, I love all of it, but the rather unusual MSBR piece really got me with it's almost '80s approach. And SUDDEN INFANT took me by surprise, as I usually am not too fond of them. And the THIRDORGAN track is such a ripper! And ORIFICE TRAINING... Beautiful to look at as well; hand painted A5 envelope with a 16 page xerox art booklet.

DANIEL RIZER - Contaminated Time LP (Skeleton Dust)
Such a great record. And a nice vinyl debut for Skeleton Dust! Sort of Dillowayesque looped tape mayhem, yet still not at all. Hard to pin down. Just very captivating, patiently building noise that's always on the verge of falling apart, yet it somehow stays together until the very last few minutes. I don't think this has sold very well? Weird, if that's the case. Deserves its space in every crate.
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6583 on: October 07, 2017, 08:19:53 PM »

STRIATIONS "To Know Mercy" 2LP (Breathing Problem Prod.)-forget that bump stock, they're not worth the money they're currently fetching. Instead pick up this 45rpm cut double record set of well-crafted sex crime power electronics. It's great! Striations uses varying styles of vocals along with heavy, synth-electronic sounds, & acoustic noise with his samples and loops from documentaries & news broadcasts (along with dialogue from "LHOTL"). The overall sound quality is impressive and the damn thing is such a reasonable price that you'd have to be stupid as shit to pass it up. Go. Now. Buy. Definitely will be on a lot of Top 100 lists for 2017.
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #6584 on: October 10, 2017, 01:07:38 AM »

Bastard Noise & Outermost - Cauldron of Fire 7" (2000, DP)
Eric Wood has stated that this collaboration is his personal favourite BN release. Perhaps rightfully so, but at 45RPM it's all over so quickly there's hardly time to grasp anything. The noise 7" is a strange beast.

Don't remember well how that was, but this:
Outermost /  Bastard Noise  ‎– Studies Of Space And Sorrow 7"
New 2017 collaboration, and it I just last week wrote to Wood to express my view that this must be best BN stuff in recent years. It's not that it would be something dramatically different. We have the trademark bastard noise oscillations etc, but Outermost electronics are dirtier and there is some effect/processing on vocal sound too, not just slight reverb. Small details - but within noise, those are what matter! 4 tracks. Goes very fast, but nothing prevents few more spins of both sides!

Just gave this a spin. I think it's better than their first 7" together. As you said, it's certainly not anything different, but the brief 45RPM 7" format allows them to just cut to the chase and be done with it. Likely wouldn't have picked this up if it wasn't for your review as BN has been feeling a bit redundant to me over the past few years.

Incapacitants / Kazumoto Endo 7" (1997, Gentle Giant)
Incapacitants side immediately cuts in and sounds like a torrent of screams behind a wall of radio static, fitting for the season of endless horror movie viewings, and then it cuts out. Endo's side has more short bursts, a bit of crunch near the start even, and it sounds like the devices are falling apart by the very end. A very quick listen.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:22:14 AM by absurdexposition » Logged

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
http://www.screamandwrithe.com
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 480
  Print  

Jump to: