Special Interest
July 22, 2019, 02:35:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 501
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 2264470 times)
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #6525 on: September 22, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »

Flooded Church of Asmodeus - No Parole from Satanic Underground CS
Been a while since I spent any time with this Ride for Revenge (and Bizarre Uproar) related project. Lo-fi bass and drum style band with samples from satanic horror films. Not on the same level as RFR, more of a casual approach, but still enjoyable. Both sides start off okay, but as they reach their climaxes they just descend into an extended track of thick and noisy madness. Totally sick.

Satan's Punishment: The Ultimatum CD and their Church of the Wrong side of the split with Necrocannibalistic Vomitorium also got plays, but that first tape is still the best. Still need to grip the new CD.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6526 on: September 23, 2017, 09:39:46 PM »

Swollen Organs "Resentment and Worthlessness" tape (Phage Tapes)- I was expecting full-on harsh noise or wall noise but S.O. does some rather slow moving PE here that completely reflects the title perfectly. It never gets in a rush or out of control and ends rather subdued. An extra 3-5 minutes on both sides would have been nice. Artwork looks like photos of guts n' goo, designed by a woman calling herself 'Roach' works well with the content, which, I"m not going to spoil too much. It's not too difficult to hear S.O. influences but he's not copying anyone on this release. Definitely worth checking out. Good, heavy, nasty, hissing white-noise electronics.
Mikerdeath
Heavy user

« Reply #6527 on: September 24, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »

Defecation - Purity Dilution

Side project of Righteous Pigs and Napalm Death members, an album synthesizing ideas and riffs from previous bands and a good example of how grindcore music should sound.
Strangely never imitated or duplicated.
HONOR_IS_KING!
Heavy user

« Reply #6528 on: September 24, 2017, 09:44:09 PM »

Vassafor - Obsidian Codex An extremely well calculated exploration of death, black, and doom metal. Dark, dark riffs with a very monolithic aura around the longer tracks. Almost as if I can sense a sort of dark spirituality surrounding this release. Shout out and respect to Phil, a true Z3eem in extreme music and one of the few like myself in a sea of others. I look forward to hearing the newest full length.

Slogun - Bloody Roots Slogun doing what Slogun does best. Vicious, short bursts of heavy electronics complimented with John's vocals. Love the "pretty" intro on "This Game I Play" gives a nice sense of fleeting happiness before John pulls the reigns back into brutality. Takes me back to the ill fated show Koufar played with them in Chicago. After seeing the savage in action, it is proof that Slogun is one of the realist out hands down and his recordings are the everlasting evidence.  

KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109
Kayandah
moderate user

« Reply #6529 on: September 26, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »

Apollo Brown & Ghostface Killah - Twelve Ways To Die: The Brown Tape Apollo Brown coming hard again. This time mainly with the mighty Ghostface and the Wu-Tang crew. Focused on crime, talking about Tony Starks, cutting up bodies and disposing of them, doing time in prison (describing it, not just saying "I did time in prison"), all with a vibe of realness that I don't find too much in "extreme" music. I wish there was more 5% references but maybe its slipping by...more often then not I need to re listen and study the words closer when the Gods speak. All of this darkness of course accompanied by Apollo Brown's production that is a perfect accompaniment of sampled mastery...the sounds of the hustle in a big city, but not made by men in suits, just crooks and hooks.

If you like Apollo Brown production and social realist lyrics that I'd highly recommend Ugly Heroes. Nothing that innovates, just bleak old school hip-hop
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #6530 on: September 27, 2017, 04:09:58 AM »

Cominform self-titled CS (NNP, 2017)
       Extra rough and blurry, simplistic “tape loop atrocities” (distributor description) that for a while are barely discernible as loops until rhythm is emphasized later, before some voice snippets kick in with skittery pitch-speed work.  Very nice warping that sounds “physical.” Lots of bleed-through without much distinction between layers/details (which later is less the case, especially once some truly weird reverb effects kick in), and a nice sense of texture. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the sound was sourced from thrift store tapes or even the sound of tape machines themselves. Almost Haters-type stuff going early on the B-side, moving to more Sewer Election-ish territory. Has more dynamic differences between surface high details and bassy undercurrent than A-side...I'm actually somewhat confident the B-side is just a rearranged version of the A-side, about thirty minutes total. For fans of whirr, buzz, crunch, warble, flutter and squeal. Not quite as developed in terms of a specific sound, but may appeal to listeners of Shredded Nerve, Current Worming, what have you. Will follow in the future if there's more to come.

Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #6531 on: September 27, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

Cominform self-titled CS (NNP, 2017)
       Extra rough and blurry, simplistic “tape loop atrocities” (distributor description) that for a while are barely discernible as loops until rhythm is emphasized later, before some voice snippets kick in with skittery pitch-speed work.  Very nice warping that sounds “physical.” Lots of bleed-through without much distinction between layers/details (which later is less the case, especially once some truly weird reverb effects kick in), and a nice sense of texture. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the sound was sourced from thrift store tapes or even the sound of tape machines themselves. Almost Haters-type stuff going early on the B-side, moving to more Sewer Election-ish territory. Has more dynamic differences between surface high details and bassy undercurrent than A-side...I'm actually somewhat confident the B-side is just a rearranged version of the A-side, about thirty minutes total. For fans of whirr, buzz, crunch, warble, flutter and squeal. Not quite as developed in terms of a specific sound, but may appeal to listeners of Shredded Nerve, Current Worming, what have you. Will follow in the future if there's more to come.

Sounds ace from your description. I need it I guess.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
pentd
Heavy user

IME

« Reply #6532 on: September 27, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »

TORBA

ggran (2016)
gurvl (2017)

rewindin and replayin these... crude found sound collages... xlent shit!!
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6533 on: September 28, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »

The Muse by Sutcliffe Jugend is so good I can hardly bare to listen to it.

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #6534 on: September 28, 2017, 05:30:07 PM »

Mania - Little Pieces of Violence CD - Phage Tapes - it's hard to say what makes one Mania release better than the next, but something about this album has a perfect balance of all the things I enjoy about Mania. crisp and clear sound which serves the metal work so well; fried electrical fizzing; those weird low end synths; and of course, vocal eruptions from beneath it all. there's an actual sense of album progression and things really pick up in the 2nd half of the CD. the aforementioned Klute sample in the last track makes it the stand out for me. I love that movie and the track has the most effective atmosphere of dread and violence. this is just hitting me perfectly. highly recommended.

Mania / Bloomer - Ready to Do Damage LP - Gaping Hole - only had a chance to listen to the a-side which is the collab portion. good stuff, not super brutal but very damaged sounding which I dig. looking forward to playing the b-side tonight.

Anenzephalia - Noehaem LP - Tesco - got this album super cheap a year or two ago. I've started to prefer it over everything else. even though it's simpler in a certain sense than other Anenzephalia material, and less aggressive, the atmosphere is unrivaled. anyone have the tape re-issue with the extra track? is it worth picking up for that?

Transgressor - Ether for Scapegoat Cassette - Hexed Cemetery - great reissue of this early Japanese death metal album. picked this up 2 years ago and it's grown on me since. The album is solid, but unusual in sound. it's not very "heavy" in terms of brutality or slowness/speed or production. it's more weird and twisting than anything. it's easy to hear ideas that would later be developed more in Anatomia, albeit at a much slower tempo. on this re-issue comp tracks are added to the end of the tape, while not necessary, they're a nice addition. they are more aggressive and straight forward. if you're into Japanese death metal, or just weirder death metal generally, I definitely recommend this one.

Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6535 on: September 29, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »

Worryingly I got up and listened to The Victim As Beauty by Sutcliffe Jugend
I am now listening to Bleeding Head Wound by Richard Ramirez
Prior to that my inner hunchback was desperate to (and did) hear VHS Rip by Rummaging

Soon, Biocyst.

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6536 on: September 29, 2017, 03:15:19 PM »

Beyond Enclosure - Dungeon of Total Void (CD, Malignant Records): Bleak, rather claustrophobic PE/Death Industrial, rumbling synths, emotionless vocals. Good stuff!

Maybe little surprising that this has not been mentioned more? There is perhaps some relation to Sektor 304. If nothing else, then at least Coelho mentioned as guy who mixed it. I know it could appear lame to make comparison to Puce Mary, AntiChildLeague and such, just because there is female responsible for commando, electronics, devices, metal etc., but there is some similarities beyond gender. At the same time, it hardly requres to be compared with them. You could also describe this to be tasty s/m themed industrial. At the same time traditionally industrial, but at the same time almost surprising to be on Malignant Records as level of physicality and noisiness gets to very different levels than one can usually expect from labels releases.

Lots of piercing feedback, brutal cold electronics echoing in chamber, repeating patterns of rhythms, but not beats or anything danceable. Sound quality feels as if this was recorded live or some other ways than simply line-in or software based. Some synths feel simulations, but even they are blurred with sound quality byond "virtual effects". Not blown up analogue tape, but this slightly tinny and distant feeling makes it better than many clean sounding releases. At the same time, it doesn't have crunchy and loud pressure.

I'd surely recommend to check out.

HALTHAN "Strength Throught Dis-ease" tape
Obscurex
Best Halthan? I guess so! I'd dare to say that musically, this must be the moment when Halthan finally lives up to all expectations. Really well done, good and grim post-mortem / industrial-waste / power electronics. Fine traditions of The Grey Wolves, Survival Unit, and so on. Perhaps even little bit of Con-Dom type of feel. Multi-layered textures with actually good sound and interesting compositions of sound. Vocals could blend in a bit better, but otherwise one could say that I'd be surprised if someone wouldn't be into offering full length for band after this...

Various ‎– Drone-Mind // Mind-Drone Vol. 2 LP
Various ‎– Drone-Mind // Mind-Drone Vol. 3 LP
Various ‎– Drone-Mind // Mind-Drone Vol. 4 LP

Drone Records
Been fan of Drone Records 7"s, but never before I listened this "new" series of compilation LP's. Basically same idea. 4 artists per LP giving them length of 7" to deal with. What we have here, lacks the personality of individual 7", but at the same time, my strong assumption is that vast majority of people rather listen LP than four 7"s? On negative side, I don't like the design, but as positive side, this allows Drone Records to keep putting out drone and experimental sound on vinyl, in affordable and listener friendly format. I feel that forcing drone projects to submit into relatively short format is good. No 70 minute pieces of slowly evolving minimalism, but you got 10 min max. Show what you got. Other succeed. Other far from perfect. General rule to me is: The less software, the less contemporary gear in general - the better.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
pentd
Heavy user

IME

« Reply #6537 on: September 30, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »

re: drone

once sir särkkä of kaukana väijyy ambient label was playin DJ set of ambient/hypno stuff. bag full of drone records records (heh) and playin 2 at the same time. changing speeds and fading back and forth between decks, but goin mostly with 2 playin on top of each other -- brilliant!!
cr
Diehard user

« Reply #6538 on: October 01, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »

Discordance - Supremacy CD

PE-Project by Gabriele Giuliani (Dead Body Love). Damn good! Lots of feedback and nasty vocals.
Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #6539 on: October 02, 2017, 12:03:14 AM »

BRB - Der Gipfel Der Genüsse tape

German noisecore classic from 1992, goes from wild short blasts of brutality to silly samples of children songs in German, butchered "Personal Jesus" cover (of Depeche Mode), random noise, and more brutal blasts.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 501
  Print  

Jump to: