Special Interest
August 17, 2019, 03:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 504
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 2305727 times)
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6435 on: July 17, 2017, 11:11:53 AM »

No Balls: a single riff pummling off into infinity> Keep your bastard polyrhythms.

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
Theodore
Heavy user

« Reply #6436 on: July 17, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »

Abscheu - Pretense CS [Unrest Productions] : Heavy, industrial-ish, mostly slow-paced electronics. With vocals, more spoken than shouted. Stands the high standards Unrest have set and used us to. I enjoy it. If i had to find something, maybe i would like more nerve in the vocals, they sound more narrative to me, i would prefer more "engagement" , as is B2 track for example. But that's more a feeling i have, and a different person may thinks different. That said, it's a good album as it is. Listen it !

“ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες”
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #6437 on: July 17, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »

Abscheu - Pretense CS [Unrest Productions] : Heavy, industrial-ish, mostly slow-paced electronics. With vocals, more spoken than shouted. Stands the high standards Unrest have set and used us to. I enjoy it. If i had to find something, maybe i would like more nerve in the vocals, they sound more narrative to me, i would prefer more "engagement" , as is B2 track for example. But that's more a feeling i have, and a different person may thinks different. That said, it's a good album as it is. Listen it !

Great tape. Could easily be on vinyl at that calibre.

Yesterday's playlist:

SKIN CRIME - Recycled CS
GRUNT - Recycled CS
TAINT - Recycled CS

Listened to in that order and probably would list them in that order in terms of quality. I found the SKIN CRIME and GRUNT tapes to be quite strong, but the TAINT tape wasn't really gelling with me (sorry Keith).

WILL OVER MATTER - Suomi Vanhan Testamentin Näyttämönä CS (Freak Animal, 2016)
Of the few WOM releases I have heard, this might have some of the best harsh sounds. Very long dialogue samples that I'm not sure about, but the noise is very strong so likely a keeper in the end.

LIMBS BIN - 18 Rack Demo CS (Torn Light, 2017)
First material I've heard since Primitive Response 7" 5 years ago, which I believe was the first release. Much better and quite good. Two longer stretches of harsh noise. A hi-hat appears part way through the second side and for a moment I feared it would turn into grind/noisecore with a full drum kit blasting, but there is nothing other than the hi-hat. Not sure how I feel about it. Perhaps it's similar to the guitar on the latest SHIFT album, which after first feeling out of place now feels like integral part; the approach on this tape might not work as well as it definitely takes me out of the engagement. Appears to be a collaboration with the man behind the American SKIN GRAFT.

SECTS - Pretending Fucked CS (Oxen, 2017)
Total thick and blasting harsh noise, but the long sample of music at the beginning of the B-side really detracts from the onslaught this otherwise is.

BIZARRE UPROAR - Bunker Sessions CDr (Housepig, 2007)
8 tracks cut up into 99 "for instant shuffle-remixing action". Recorded live in studio, LIMBS BIN tape above has similar sound - also recorded live in studio.

CIS - Tar Heel Transphobia CS (Fusty Cunt, 2017)
Politics / beliefs aside, this release is unreal. It is very good. Well-crafted sounds and supremely fucked-up vocals. Highly recommended on that level. From an objective standpoint - as the viewpoints here are not in-line with mine - the lyrics could be a lot better, and are already too full of alt-right cliches/tropes, but the same can be said for a lot of lyrics from projects all over the political spectrum and is the main reason why I rarely even look at lyric sheets anymore. For me I will just be ignoring them and enjoying what should be considered one of the top releases of this year.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:43:28 PM by absurdexposition » Logged

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6438 on: July 17, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »

CIS - Tar Heel Transphobia CS (Fusty Cunt, 2017)
Politics / beliefs aside, this release is unreal. It is very good. Well-crafted sounds and supremely fucked-up vocals. Highly recommended on that level. From an objective standpoint - as the viewpoints here are not in-line with mine - the lyrics could be a lot better, and are already too full of alt-right cliches/tropes, but the same can be said for a lot of lyrics from projects all over the political spectrum and is the main reason why I rarely even look at lyric sheets anymore. For me I will just be ignoring them and enjoying what should be considered one of the top releases of this year.

I thought CIS was okay. They went a little overboard with the vocal-spoken sample efx. I seem to remember thinking the first half of s1 was the strongest & s2 seem to lose some focus or that's where the efx started annoying me. It's definitely recorded very well. I can't say much on the theme; such things just do not interest me at all. It could have been a bit more mean-spirited for my tastes.
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #6439 on: July 18, 2017, 01:27:38 AM »

After only having heard "Musik For Dekomposition" and liking it very much I was pleased to see Subklinik has a Bandcamp page. The three albums on that, "Korporation", "Monoaesthetic Entrance of Seclusion" and "Corrosion of the Mental Machine" (shouldn't they be "Seklusion" and "Korrosion"?), however, are not much like the early-BDN sound and feel of "Musik…", but tend more towards a Dark Ambient sound, while at the same time retaining a simplistic and basic composition for each spiral. So lots of deep, dark, echo-ed pieces. Very nice to listen to, and nice and cheap to download all three.

EDIT - should also add how much I've been digging Ten Horned Beast's "Death Has No Companion". A project I haven't had much interest in before, but this release I've been playing quite a few times. Simple compositions based on acoustic instrument sounds, very slow moving and constructed well, each sound element adding to the whole with gradual adjustments on simple, minor effects like echo coming in at the right times. Reminds me, in some way of Harry Bertoia's soundscapes, and not just for the cymbal sounds. These spirals have a similar feel of slow, gradual happening.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:24:49 AM by Andrew McIntosh » Logged

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
FallOfNature
user

« Reply #6440 on: July 18, 2017, 03:36:45 AM »

After only having heard "Musik For Dekomposition" and liking it very much I was pleased to see Subklinik has a Bandcamp page. The three albums on that, "Korporation", "Monoaesthetic Entrance of Seclusion" and "Corrosion of the Mental Machine" (shouldn't they be "Seklusion" and "Korrosion"?), however, are not much like the early-BDN sound and feel of "Musik…", but tend more towards a Dark Ambient sound, while at the same time retaining a simplistic and basic composition for each spiral. So lots of deep, dark, echo-ed pieces. Very nice to listen to, and nice and cheap to download all three. 

I can recommend Premonitions of Death and Cremator (both on Slaughter Productions) if you enjoyed the Musik For Dekomposition material.
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #6441 on: July 19, 2017, 12:44:18 AM »

Thanks for that, I see "Cremator" is still available on Discogs.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6442 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »

I am currently listening to Permanent Death Split with Gorginized Dorks!! on my tape player. Only my copy has the whole of this split on one side and PxDx material from 3 other splits on the other side, I FEEL VERY LUCKY.
Permanent Death playing very brutal some what vocals led/driven noisecore and the multifaceted Gorgonized Dorks are fucking up my head phones.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:51:03 PM by Deadpriest » Logged

Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6443 on: July 19, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »

The heaviest vocals in town and utterly caustic!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:32:00 PM by Deadpriest » Logged

bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6444 on: July 20, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »

BIZARRE UPROAR– “Sikiöasento” 2x LP (F&V, Wrath, F&V UK)- this damn thing is excellent! For my first listen, I thought it was rather restrained compared to what I was expecting. On the 2nd listen, it's restrained, focused, heavy, and well-composed & sort of what I would imagine BU doing if he started doing "Industrial" noise instead of harsh noise. The 2nd & 4th sides are my favorites then the 3rd & 1st. Highly recommended!

What does the title mean?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:34:43 PM by bitewerksMTB » Logged
F_c_O
Heavy user

« Reply #6445 on: July 20, 2017, 06:43:53 PM »

the title means fetal position
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #6446 on: July 20, 2017, 10:11:39 PM »

Love the artwork and title on that new BU. Any US distributors carrying the CD version?

Lots of rain/overcast weather this week putting me in a good mood. No deep thoughts, but listening to the NIT "001" tape, couple Iron Fist Of The Sun releases, and the usual Lou Reed. Oops, I forgot, too faggy for some of the hardasses here.

Duncan
Heavy user

« Reply #6447 on: July 20, 2017, 11:46:57 PM »

Lou Reed. Oops, I forgot, too faggy for some of the hardasses here.

Chimes more with me than most other things in the thread. Happy to be a fag/denier of stereotypes as is deemed fit.
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #6448 on: July 21, 2017, 01:44:22 AM »

Boys, I'm joking! "Gimme some good times, gimme some pain, no matter how ugly you are, you know to me it all looks the same" sounds about in line with what's discussed here! ;)

Lou Reed. Oops, I forgot, too faggy for some of the hardasses here.

Chimes more with me than most other things in the thread. Happy to be a fag/denier of stereotypes as is deemed fit.

"I'd rather have cancer than be a faggot. Oops, that's not an anti-gay remark...coming from me, it's a compliment"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:46:57 AM by Peterson » Logged

re:evolution
user

« Reply #6449 on: July 21, 2017, 04:28:40 AM »

What does the title mean?

According to Google translate it means: 'fetal position'.

noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 504
  Print  

Jump to: