PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE RITA HN

QuoteSadio/Caligula031 split LP (Freak Animal/Elettronica Radicale Edizioni)- killer all the way through

Definitely also a go-to LP around the apartment lately.

Strömkarlen

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 06, 2017, 08:58:14 PM
Etat Brut ‎– Mutations Et Prothèses  2x7" bootleg- this is something I thought I'd sold a long time ago.  Industrial music from 1981 originally released as a set of c20s. Basically, this has elements that sound like SPK, EG, TG, etc.; pretty decent stuff. One track verges on power electronics as it's a bit harsher than the rest of the tracks.

Currently listening to E.B. "Emissions 1" & it's more PE-style. This outfit could use some proper reissuing!

Oh, I see they had close-ties with Club Moral & they're on "Fur Ilse Koch" LP. I'll have to drag out my copy & give it a listen.

Sub Rosa put out a CD/LP in 2012 https://www.discogs.com/Etat-Brut-Mutations-Et-Prothèses/release/3768612 Good as I remember it.

Peterson

Forgot what a lot of the SSRI tapes I own sounded like, so revisited them to some pleasant surprises: what sounds like almost-melodic guitar feedback on Circle Of Positivity, an ultra-lo-fi and rugged version of '60's musique concrete on the split with Hal Hutchinson (one of my favorite pieces from him on his side, actually), and indescribable primitive insanity on the Fecalove split (whose side is damn near perfect). Next up is the Rebis tape, which has these utterly demonic voices and some hellish computer-processed metal junk psychedelia, as far as I remember...

bitewerksMTB

Last night was rare, classic records:

FUR ILSE KOCH (Come Org)- pretty much a perfect comp. in concept & design (I love the artwork) but the results on the record are not perfect. Part of the WH live tracks, stink, but as a whole, it's perfect. Just the idea of taking music of Imperial Japan, a speech by Himmler (accompanied by sounds of fireworks or a bullwhip?), collage sounds by NWW and Musique Concrete, harsh electronics by Consumer Electronics (listed as Lebensraum), A.Crowley, Etat Brut & Wiking DDV (Club Moral) is incredible. The Charles Manson track of "Cease to Exist" has the Manson girls talking about murder layered over it. Too bad this comp. will never get a proper reissue. I guess?

ORGANUM & THE NEW BLOCKADERS "Wrack (in 4 parts)" (Dom Bartwuchs)- thin, clear vinyl that is loud as fuck! Dense junk metal sounds with droning, delayed feedback. Harsh & atmospheric.

THE NEW BLOCKADERS With VORTEX CAMPAIGN ‎– The New Vortex Blockaders Campaign bootleg LP:

https://www.discogs.com/release/521829

That's what I have except my copy has lots of extra broken records glued to it. I think I was in touch with the guy who released it. Other than the cover, I don't like this thing so it's why I never investigated Vortex Campaign any further. What you get here is just lots of broken loops, feedback, drones, etc. but everything goes on far too long. What I do like is that it doesn't sound right. It sounds like everything is broken or not playing at the correct speed or something. I remember having a copy of the tape, too, & thought it was all fucked up.

david lloyd jones

re:fur ilse koch, you are likely right.
the time for this mix has passed.those involved moved on. nevertheless, hope for new boot with attention to detail.

always liked my organum/new blockaders releases, incl the cd reissues.
would again benefit from further reissue.

Deadpriest

Brainbombs - Souvenirs
V/A - Red Scum
Snuff - Snuff II
Black Leather Jesus - Slow Heat In a Texas Town
C.C.C.C. - Flash
Xenophobic Ejaculation - s/t
Grey Wolves/Genocide Organ - Absolute Truth
Xasthur - Defective Epitath
Masonna - Shock Rock

The coffee I'm drinking is repeating on me and I'm going to be sick.

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

bitewerksMTB

Another night with another classic comp:

"Ohrenschrauben" LP (Dom, Germany)- from 1985. Discogs says both sides end in lock grooves but I don't think my copy does. I'll have to double-check. You get pretty much a little bit of everything here. Classic PE with "My Cock's on Fire" (WH should be given an award for 'All time's most fun power electronics act'); cut-up/musique concrete from NWW, P16.D4, & HNAS (great track!); harsh noise from Organum/TNB and car crashes from The Haters and on top of all of that you have VDO's processed animal growling then Current 93's amazing song, "I'm the One". Hard to believe this sucker is limited to 150 copies! The artwork on the center labels is pretty cool esp the 'screaming nun' (that's what it looks like).

Also, listened to Grunt's side of the split LP with Facialmess released by Freak Animal in  1998. 3 tracks, (track one is in 2 parts) so 4 in all. First 11 minutes (Pt. 1 & 2) are heavy electronics with loops, vocals, samples, etc. but it's tracks 3 & 4 that are heavy duty PE-Noise. Both have great vocals, feedback, static walls, junk metal abuse, everything he's known for. Copies are Discogs are reasonably priced. The only thing missing is actual artwork. I think I'll dig out the split LP with BLJ next (and give Facialmess a spin).

Ending the night is a comp. from '91 called "Ohrenschmalz" released by Unclean Prod. in an edition of 999 copies, which, means copies can still be found for decent prices. You get a victim of Jack the Ripper on the cover plus heavy industrial by Mental Measuretech, Mental Destruction; PE- Death Industrial from G.O. & BDN; harsh noise by Merzbow( track is 3 parts; first is great noise but evolves into cut-up sounds that lose it in the end), Controlled Bleeding (starts with real music, ends with crappy grindcore), & Masonna; and whatever-the-hell experimental/industrial by Phallus Dei (sounds like acoustic sounds with lots of flanger), Sigillum S (great vocals & panning, heavily processed guitar), & Nightmare Lodge.

Deadpriest

Grunt: SOmeone Is Watching
Grunt: Myth Of Blood
Bagman: Welcome To My Fucking Misery
Diphenylchloroarsine: Post Apocalyptic Human Annihilation
Caligula031: Albanian Meat Market (Tales of Balkan human trafficking)
Con-Dom: The Beautiful
Deathpile: Ne Plus Ultra
Dead Body Collection: Dead Body Parts
Masonna: Shinsin na Clitoris
Encehpalophonic: Álbum desconocido (11/04/2014 15:47:22)
Fire In The Head: Kill From The Inside
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

bitewerksMTB

The last few nights, I've listened to:

NIHIL 2LP Cold Meat Ind.; Nod, IRM, Sharon's Last Party, & Institut (that's in order of what I liked)

CON-DOM "The Eighth Pillar" LP Sounds for Consciousness Rape; classic LP that could be played for anyone who thinks PE is all cliched in sound & content.

GUM "Vinyl" LP & "20 Years in the Blue Movies & Yet to fake an orgasm" LP; Aussie duo using only sounds of scratched & looped records, no tapes or samples. Good stuff, some of it is noisy. "20 Years..." doesn't sound like only records and has more 'industrial' type moments. Great cover art on both releases & both records can be found at reasonable prices.

LUSTMORD s/t LP Sterile Records; another classic that I always think is more aggressive in nature than it actually is. Lots of acoustic sounds, voices, mixed together. The first song, "At the mountains of madness", is what I think of any time I see the word "Lustmord". For this release, I'd say pick up the cd on Dark Vinyl unless you can afford the orig. LP; the cd has additional material.

OP RECHTS "Murderer Report" LP; first side only, spoken word about Ed Gein with gurgling white noise and some feedback. Obscure Swiss PE.

absurdexposition

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 13, 2017, 10:08:40 PM
NIHIL 2LP Cold Meat Ind.; Nod, IRM, Sharon's Last Party, & Institut (that's in order of what I liked)

Great comp, must revisit. Top IRM track "Kill the Blind". I remember Institut being at the bottom of the pile for myself as well.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: absurdexposition on May 13, 2017, 10:16:42 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 13, 2017, 10:08:40 PM

Great comp, must revisit. Top IRM track "Kill the Blind". I remember Institut being at the bottom of the pile for myself as well.

I like IRM but his vocals bug me. They sound the same in every piece; that final track with pipe-banging & what sounds like sheet metal being thrashed around, is GREAT.

For Institut, the first piece is amazing  and the second is complete crap. I have a dbl 7" set by them I need to give a listen.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 13, 2017, 10:23:18 PM
I have a dbl 7" set by them I need to give a listen.

UNTO THE LAST MAN!

Certainly a PE anthem in my books...

impulse manslaughter

Mixed feelings about Institut. Didn't like that 2x7" so i sold it. I remember liking the Motionstruktures 10" a lot better..

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on May 13, 2017, 11:22:01 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 13, 2017, 10:23:18 PM
I have a dbl 7" set by them I need to give a listen.

UNTO THE LAST MAN!

Certainly a PE anthem in my books...

And mine. I like Institut. There was something basic and up-front about them.
Shikata ga nai.

GEWALTMONOPOL

I don't think Motionstruktures does INSTITUT justice. Nor does their part on Nihil. Unto The Last man is a nice 2x7" and worth having though. UTLM was a track by a project called Megafon who were the musical wing of the commie New Futurist Movement of which Lirim and Johanna were members. NFM ended in tears and I guess they decided the track was too good to waste so they used it for INSTITUT.

For the full range of the project get Live Like Traitors Die Like Traitors and The Struggle Never Ended.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...