PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: acsenger on February 25, 2017, 10:18:01 AM
Nord - Nord (2CD, Art Into Life)

Thanks for the tip off! Good to see Nord on a digital format.
Shikata ga nai.

chume

Zarach Baal tharagh-Dementia(infernal kommando)
One man black metal from France with one long track of excellent lo fi, psychedelic metal that doesnt give up and is constantly evolving. Lo fi drums and guitar with throaty vocals drenched in delay.

Worth- Jacobsons Organ c20(Bacteria Field)
One of the best harsh noise tapes ive heard from the past year. Multi textured forward moving electronics.

Rodger Stella- Death Loop Cut c60(Mother Savage Noise Productions)
One loop made increasingly heavier and heavier. I never get tired of this tape and I've listened to it a bunch over the past month.

cr

Alice Kemp: Fill my body with flowers and rice LP (Erratum/Fragment factory)

This is a great record, in my case it's best when listened early in the morning or late at night. Edition of 300 on white vinyl. Insert says 'recordings made at home and in the woods...'
Rudolf Eb.er provided additional sounds, de/composition, mix on two tracks.

eyestrain

Revisiting Francisco Meirino/Dave Phillips "Uglyography" tape on ANGST. One of the most unnerving, exciting and exact works that I've ever heard from either artist. This is a tape, like much of the work on ANGST, that caught me off guard. Find myself coming back often.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: acsenger on February 25, 2017, 10:18:01 AM
Nord - Nord (2CD, Art Into Life)

Reissue of the first Nord album from 1981 with a second CD containing unreleased material from around the same time. I listened to the album a couple years ago om Youtube and didn't like it, so I was hesitant to buy this reissue, but eventually ordered it, hoping I'd like it -- and what a good decision it was, as I love the album now.

It's very nice album! I always liked it, but despite having the LP, with bonus tracks, had to grab this too. Especially the long opening track should appeal to anyone into "industrial noise".

Another art into life -label new release I appreciated a lot is:
Joseph Lewis and David Steans "Our Demons and Our Demons 2" [DVD + CD]
Despite it was originally meant to be soundtracks of movie, I have not watched the dvd yet. To me, audio cd works perfectly as stand-alone release. Label says.

John Mylotte (aka Sir Ashleigh Grove) is the leader of the ultra-mysterious cult group Metgumbnerbone, which also includes Richard and Philip Rupenus of The New Blockaders.This is a heretical two-part work, entitled "Our Demons 1 & 2", and was filmed on mini-DV cameras by Mylotte's friends David Steans and Joseph Lewis. The films capture various ritualistic actions performed by ten masked individuals, somewhere in the blasted landscape of England. The films overflow with a warped humour, confusing the viewer as to the participants' real intentions. The background music weaves an even more cultic atmosphere - not noise, but a kind of self-imagined trad folk. This version comes with an additional, stand-alone, remastered CD of the soundtrack. Only a small proportion of the soundtrack was used for the final cut of the film, so this is the only place where you can hear the full soundtrack. Highly recommended for all devotees of Metgumbnerbone's uniquely eccentric sensibilities!
Hardboard cover with tarot card prints by Joseph Lewis, and liner notes. Limited edition of 150.

150 copies, considering the cult reputation of projects seems small pressing, but then again, listening to the material may be challenging for most people. I personally find it very appealing. All the eerie suffocated lo-fi sounds, musical instruments used in fairly unmusical manner. Nothing is produced into heavy and full sound. Everything remains somehow rotten. Samples available in link below, doesn't do full justice. Like the 2nd sample. After listening highly compromised recording of drum for minutes and finally bizarre screeching violin drone enters, sample cuts out. This track in full length is something I'd certainly recommend to hear.
Total absence of the echoes and effects and stylish post productions gives recordings so different feeling than most of "ritual music" tends to have.

http://www.art-into-life.com/product/7867
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

acsenger

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 08, 2017, 09:32:23 AM
Another art into life -label new release I appreciated a lot is:
Joseph Lewis and David Steans "Our Demons and Our Demons 2" [DVD + CD]

I was thinking about getting this, but eventually I didn't. I might have to get it after all.

Cauldhame - Saturnine (tape, Unrest Productions)

New release from Cauldhame, who seem to have two previous tapes and and two digital-only releases. Side A has tracks that are very similar, but there are differences in mood between them. There's an organic, constantly changing flow of sounds at the forefront, while the background has slowly changing synth lines. A few tracks have vocals buried in the mix. Everything flows at mid-pace. I love how the atmosphere of certain tracks is quite melancholic, while others are more aggressive and ominous. The very similar structure of the tracks, and maybe their atmosphere too a bit, reminds me of the Aurore album by Etant Donnes. Side B has some similar tracks, but also others that are in a more direct industrial noise vein. However, these sound fresh and innovative too.

The sound throughout is excellent -- it's hard to get enough of the beauty of those organic, physical sounds as they spill forth from the speakers, especially on side A. One of the strengths of this tape is that while it's safely in the world of the industrial music of Unrest Productions, I reckon it might also appeal to some people who like dark ambient or even sound art.

Someone wrote on this forum once that the tapes on Unrest work as proper albums due to their quality. I totally agree; they don't feel like "just another run-of-the-mill" tape. Lately I've become much less enthusiastic about noise, industrial and PE, but I enjoy this tape regardless. Now I gotta listen to Cauldhame's Debris tape as it's been a long while.

ConcreteMascara

Drab Majesty - Careless LP & The Demonstration LP - getting real gay over here. this band came out of nowhere for me, but I can dig it, especially this brand new album. makes me wish i still did cocaine.

November Novelet - The World In Devotion CD - still hasn't clicked for me the way Magic did but then again Magic has some very special memories attached to it so I guess that's not fair? Still trying to connect more with this one.

Leather - Leather 7" - picked this up at a local record shop based on the cover and the track names. didn't disappoint. noise rock/hardcore of a violent and snide style. will have to check out more from this band. track titles below.
A1    Addicted To Suffering    
A2    No Motivation    
B1    Ejaculation Without Orgasm    
B2    Too Tired

Start - Hyena cassette - really enjoying this short little tape. Single style cassettes are totally worth buying if the tracks are good, and these are damn good. atmospheric, but not limp wristed.

the new masters for some upcoming Concrete Mascara releases.

and shit load of gabber/hardcore techno because i'm the worst kind of person
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

david lloyd jones

c'mon, let's have the gabba/industrial techno names
my tucked up 90's were full of squat parties playing this and 'industrial' speedcore
hope you are picking up drop bass network stuff.

cr

Streicher/Totenrune tape is my favourite and most played these days.
Great that Unrest reissued it as 10".

Turn on the gas!

cr

It's been a while, but right now listening to Iron Fist of the Sun - Tears Royal again. And it's a great album, just as I've remembered it.

Split with Burial Hex will be next.

Ganesha23

Uncodified: Maybe All Is Not Completed CD (Unrest Productions)

Cold, dark, very electric and at times massive. Ageless industrial sound that is somehow futuristic and nostalgic at the same time. Both heavier rhythmic and more "floating" tracks work well and the whole flows nicely from one track to the next. Very much an album that needs to be listened to from start to finish.

absurdexposition

Picked up that latest Con-Dom on Tesco yesterday, on to the second side now. Real great. Proper Sunday morning music.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Major Carew

Some items I picked up whilst in Australia:

Grave Upheaval - Untitled 2 x LP: Wasn't aware of them until I was shown this album whilst going down the great ocean road, nice & heavy ,very enjoyable.

Amour Group 'Purge' tape : Cleaner approach to synth sounds & samples than I usually go for but very good indeed.

Amour Group 'Live 2013' tape : Nice rough sound, would have liked it to have been longer.

Abysmal Lord - Disciples Of The Inferno LP Good, but could have been heavier with regard to sonics. Didn't get the point of the electronic / synth interludes in between the tracks. Nonetheless enjoyable & gets better with each listen though....

Sentenced For Life - Cold On The Blue : Fucking fantastic, rough & murky sound but with loads going on. Was shown this on a 'Audiophile' quality system whilst over there at a big volume. It's one of those recordings you really need to crank up to get everything out of it.

Les Baxter - various CD collections Found a shop in Tasmania that had a load of exotica.

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: david lloyd jones on March 11, 2017, 02:13:32 PM
c'mon, let's have the gabba/industrial techno names
my tucked up 90's were full of squat parties playing this and 'industrial' speedcore
hope you are picking up drop bass network stuff.

I still have a box of Bloody Fist/Industrial Strength 12"s. Most speedcore/gabber records are pretty easy to find these days..

david lloyd jones

cauldhame 'saturnine' new release on unrest
layered perfection of noise, sound, texture, voice, effect
obviously the stretcher reissue will be higher profile but this is the greater release.