PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny_tove

today I have listened everything Kevlar has recorded so far in one go and I feel enlighted... there is hope :)
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

deathcamp

IRON FIST OF THE SUN "We Can Yield Our Own Footsteps" (Cold Spring) Very interesting, as it seems to be usual with IFOTS (I just have three albums), a real research in sounds, a real power thanks to dynamic abuse. Each spin is better than the last.

PESTDEMON (Unrest) LP - Cold and dark PE, menacing voices are lost in the mix which is just more uncomfortable. Like it a lot.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: deathcamp on August 18, 2016, 12:14:44 AM
PESTDEMON (Unrest) LP - Cold and dark PE, menacing voices are lost in the mix which is just more uncomfortable. Like it a lot.

Still one of my favorite records of the past 5 years, just an absolute ace.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Fluid Fetish

Catacomba- The Wolven Temple: By the end of the introduction/first song I find myself wielding my shield and axe and preparing my corpse paint and chain mail tunic for Thousand Swords era-style woodland photo shooting. Epic and old Gravelandish as it gets as this could easily be a long lost Graveland rehearsal of forgotten songs or something and no one would probably notice. A worship band, but a damn good one. As I expected (and as a band like this should be), the riffs are folky, aggressive, and have that Thousand Swords atmosphere and the first song is one of the most convincingly triumphant yet aggressive approaches to the Temple of the Fullmoon style I've ever come across, I love it. Screams sound like a young Darken and keyboard introductions/interludes nail the early 90's TTF sound. More please.

Reptile Womb- Thee Fyrste Deathe: Serpent Wrything Beneathe Thee Græve: Extremely entrancing, pulsating, heavy drum machine beats with downtuned and rumbling bass complimented with noise and sampling elements. 3rd song samples Alien and then just begins hammering you into the ground, but everything is a frantic blur in this album. This is truly heavy and dense sounding, you can practically smell the incense and rotting meat. A complete dirge of hypnotic, bloody death trance. Every time I listen to this album is blows by, every song sounds very similar in a lot of ways with one of the only main variances being the tempo but somehow it feels cohesive, like a psychedelic pattern that changes colliding in shifts and fluctations while holding a somewhat similar consistency in how it is perceived. Recently read that he was torturing himself during the recording of the vocals in the true Abruptum/It fashion and you can tell. First song after the intro opens with it sounding like he is being killed. I played this while working with someone and they described it as 'trippy as shit'. I wouldn't disagree, other then I'd add insane, rabid, and trippy as shit. I liked Below but this is truly and literally another beast.

Ahpdegma- Seolfkwyllen: Symphonic but ugly and 'off', described as 'necro-symphonic black metal', normally such labels make me roll my eyes or immediately lose interest but this actually pretty aptly describes the music here. Yes, the vocals are similar to Dani Filth at times, there are keyboards, there are melodic and maybe even catchy parts, but this isn't what it seems. The vocals first of all are very shrieky but then there are baritone croaks, spoken word parts that aren't exactly spoken, other times he almost sounds like a less accent heavy but more out of control Attila. The guitars have that LLN style out of tune sound that makes it sound very weird, keyboards are primarily piano parts but not played in an eloquent Sigh like way, instead these also sound out of tune and off kilter. Riffing has a very diseased, sickly, and warbly style that is executed frantically. Lots of jerky shifts and weird disharmonic parts. All of this is a recipe for failure for most but it's so weird that I've been obsessed with this album for periods. I really like this to the point I almost burnt myself out on it a few weeks ago.

Fluid Fetish

Alfarmania- Nojjan: Down and dirty. One of the most oppressively droning tapes I've ever heard, absolutely lovely subtle shifts in the filthy haze, pipes cracking and hissing with steam escaping, distant factory and mechanical noises collapsing slowly deep in the inner mind. All beginning to unravel, uncoil, taking you further and further down. Like sweating out heroin withdraws alone in a cold, old and forgotten basement where there is only faint light and the distant sound of everything whirling around you. I attempt to describe the sounds like a lot of my feeble attempts to review noise records and words elude me. With recordings like this though the impressions, the pictures of the mind do not escape me however. Numb but completely immersed and surrendered. Fever sweats, derelict urban soundscapes, desperation, disassocation coupled with abandonment....bitter bitter cold. Last part sounds like pool balls bouncing off of each other while a constant drone and hiss overlap each other following by pulsating and rapid synth abuse, vocals at times are distant and howling, other times death-camp-loud-speakerish and up front mixed with agonized and pained screaming (slightly like SS) with junk metal noises and piercing feedback that comes and goes through Side A and B. Random noises almost like radar sounds, distant talking/murmuring, layered and flanged field recordings possibly? Amazing.

tiny_tove

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on August 18, 2016, 02:12:45 AM
Quote from: deathcamp on August 18, 2016, 12:14:44 AM

Still one of my favorite records of the past 5 years, just an absolute ace.

totally agree. completely rules

Andrew McIntosh

Pestdemon left behind a serious body of work. Some excellent material.
Shikata ga nai.

tiny_tove

That tape with the iceberg was heavy in all senses. perfect artwork.

F_c_O

david lloyd jones

pestdemon, arkhe   all quality

Deadpriest

Kadaver
Atrax Morgure
Shift
BRIGHTER DEATH NOW
Deathspell Omega
Last days Of Humanity
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

david lloyd jones

various itallobfilm soundtracks- eyeball, red queen kills five times, spasms, and other 'dagored' soundtrack delights

Marko-V

Shitload of Velvet Underground, Zeppelin, Stones and The Doors bootlegs, some Russian 70's & 80's jazz/funk/disco. Brazilian old school metal & 80's hardcore demo tapes (Cryptic Slaughter, dri, Accused etc.). Cannot listen to experimental and noise all the time, sometimes I just feel like taking a total break from it all. That's when I reach for my Lana del Rey cd's (not revolver, like Moby - and possibly some forum members - suggest, and i'm not even sure it is his song originally). Returning back to noise feels like fresh sunshine after a short-ish break.

Bleak Existence

Nosaj Tsenre Llebpmac -|||
HNW digital album from London,ON without any pedals used just pure shortwave radio static & it fucking good mids with just enough bass #1

vomitgore

Quote from: david lloyd jones on August 19, 2016, 07:37:20 PM
various itallobfilm soundtracks- eyeball, red queen kills five times, spasms, and other 'dagored' soundtrack delights

These were just too good! Have been playing the soundtrack to Fulci's "the Beyond" lately. Was also told about a band called Window Blinds that does some kind of experimental material inspired by Italian Exploitation soundtracks. Maybe a nice alternative to HNW?

Vhril - Vortex Psy-Synthesis: Was a bit hesitant to buy this, as the sample didn't really blow me away. The album itself was very enjoyable, though. Nice deep sounds with crafty percussion, all blends very well and there is nice tension, although all the elements are very subtle. May not be too far-fetched to draw some comparisons to Shibalba or Aural Hypnox material? Definitely brings the themes across nicely. No resemblance at all to Streicher, if anyone is wondering.

Gangrene - Cleaning the Wound: Now this is really something! Sound known from latest Unclean album mixed with constantly developing Edge of Decay. Results in pretty catchy and deep Industrial Noise / PE stuff. Just straight-forward and nicely executed "no bullshit" material with that certain extra. Very good!

Graustich - Dedicated to those who are still willing to get their hands dirty: I seriously worship Graustich and this is my favourite release of the project. Scratchy synth, filthy depth, nice layering and alteration. Pretty clear that the artist is pretty heavily inspired by MO, but he adds a lot of own ideas and manages to stay recognisable, in my opinion.