PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystikum

Xiphoid Dementia - might is blight  - Pretty decent industrial sounding stuff. Reminds me slightly of Militia at times.   I feel maybe there are too many independent  ideas jammed into each track though, some of the songs sounding like they could be split into 2 or three songs.

Dom America

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 21, 2010, 09:16:32 AM
Quote from: pt on May 21, 2010, 02:04:26 AM
H.N.A.S - Melchoir - Thought I had sold this a long time ago.  Glad I didn't.  Not as annoying as a lot of the other stuff from them I have heard.

Played the LP couple times during last couple of weeks. Perhaps the "not as annoying as..." is good description, which can be said about a lot of cut-up's and sound collages. There are lots of great sounds and yet despite my hecticly storming brain not always able to focus, but in the style such as this, the sound snippets so quickly moving to next, sometimes seemingly without much aim, pushes it in very edge of annoying & genious. After all, I do prefer Christoph Heemann solo works over any HNAS I have purchased.

HNAS are one of my all time favorites, but it's true I enjoy the more 'focused' work to the collage/cut-up sounding material. I think that 'Im Schatten Der Mohre', 'Ach! Dieser Bart' and the 'Bitte Werfen...' M-LP are the best ones especially if you prefer Heemann's solo material.

bitewerksMTB

I AM THE RAPEMASTER, ULTIMATE EVIL

WH "Great White Death" LP sounds wonderful! I love finally having this on vinyl & hope "New Britain" is next.

bogskaggmannen

DAMION ROMERO twins DLP (Tone Filth)

If minimalism is your thing you can find it here. Four side long tracks of simple tone manipulations, first two without any effects or overdubs, second LP with some distortion and added layering. Label name is pretty spot on for the second LP here also, though maybe not in today "standard" of filth. Reminds me a bit of Andrew Chalk's first solo LP "Over the edges" after Mirror, which was just long guitar with e-bow tones with minimal interference, though this sounds not as bleak.

I have often thought what HNW would sound without distortion added, maybe it would be a bit like first LP here? There's no sign of either harsh, noise or wall there but still I can hear the likeness in approach of sound.

bogskaggmannen

Well, i'll be damned... Discogs-contribution says "No overdubbing, no effects, no tapes, no feedback."

P-K

but discogs is full of errors these days :-p

FreakAnimalFinland

Well, layers can exists even if there isn't overdubbing. Just things played at the same time when recording. Effects meaning effect boxes? I think distortion of sound is achieved by many methods.

Romero is very good, in general. Haven't heard this particular album. There are some albums which I feel are more interesting as idea how it was done than actual sound, but there are lots of releases where the drone is just about perfect.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RyanWreck

Swollen Korps - Erect in Blood - Like all TF/PE units Swollen Korps is centered around perversion and violence, and like all TF/PE units they do it in the best possible way. Side A is almost mellow for PE/Noise, more like a cold industrial atmosphere with minimalistic droning Noise and some buried vocal attacks. The production is quite lo-fi. Side B is a conversation between Toole and Henry Lee Lucas where they discuss their case and admitting to their guilt, the problem is they never mention what they actually did! It's a tease but it is a good listen if you only listen to it just once.

Clinic of Torture - Whip and Pierce - I'm sure most of you have this so I will spare the long-winded. It basically boils down to three words: perfected, fetish, noise.

Golden Rain - Praise the Whore - So many people suggested this to me but now that I have heard it I wonder why? What did they hear in it that I don't? I've only listened to the entire thing twice so maybe it needs to grow on me. The sounds are good but nothing amazing; a lot of throbbing bass pulses, humming mid-range tones and some well placed crunch, at times there may even be something slightly resembling rhythm. What ruined it for me was the stuttering, ping-ponging vocals which get a bit irritating after awhile. Without the vocals I would actually enjoy this release more than I do now. I'll take a few more listens before giving up on it completely.

Niko

Quote from: RyanWreck on May 30, 2010, 12:11:20 PM
Golden Rain - Praise the Whore - So many people suggested this to me but now that I have heard it I wonder why? What did they hear in it that I don't? I've only listened to the entire thing twice so maybe it needs to grow on me. The sounds are good but nothing amazing; a lot of throbbing bass pulses, humming mid-range tones and some well placed crunch, at times there may even be something slightly resembling rhythm. What ruined it for me was the stuttering, ping-ponging vocals which get a bit irritating after awhile. Without the vocals I would actually enjoy this release more than I do now. I'll take a few more listens before giving up on it completely.

I think the vocals added nice sleazy athmosphere to the release. Can't wait to hear them live.
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

XXX

I enjoyed the old school vibe and the color label / cassette is rare for F&V. Makes me chucle to see it on shelf next to all B&W filth. I think the vocal effects were very spot on for all tracks and very unique. I really want to read an interview or at least see them live. very curious about gear used also.

P-K

np:

S.core : crime  cd ......

mystikum

The Teratologist - Cabinet of Curiosities   -- Bought this a while back and really enjoy it.  Dark, sparse, composed sounding.  Hopefully the project produces more in the future.

Men of the Iron Heel - First Pogrom -- Still my fav release from TFPE.  I love the repetitive harsh industrial sounds.

FreakAnimalFinland

MERZBOW "ecobondage" CD
Recorded 86-87, remastered from tape to digital form in 1994 and put out by Distember label from Chicago. 1st track 30 mins, 2nd about the same. 3rd short c. 6 mins. Experimental sound collage is perhaps what you should call this? 2nd track gets noisy, but it's never harsh by todays standards. All the sounds rely on the natural noisiness of objects. Clangs of metal. Screech of perhaps styrox on glass or such. Turntable/tape manipulations... All flow near the perfection, just with imperfect touch of the human creator what makes it interesting. Full color bondage/collage fold out poster cover in jewelbox. Does noise CD's get better than this? Perhaps sometimes, but one can still offer this disc playtime and find new dimensions & details unlike from a lot of other albums.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

catharticprocess

Quote from: pt on May 31, 2010, 06:28:23 PM
The Teratologist - Cabinet of Curiosities   -- Bought this a while back and really enjoy it.  Dark, sparse, composed sounding.  Hopefully the project produces more in the future.

I think DM is a brilliant composer of esoteric noise. I'm releasing the followup to this tape, "Cabinet of Curiosities II", this Summer along with 9 other tapes.

YHWE

Quote from: catharticprocess on June 01, 2010, 04:52:11 AM
Quote from: pt on May 31, 2010, 06:28:23 PM

I think DM is a brilliant composer of esoteric noise. I'm releasing the followup to this tape, "Cabinet of Curiosities II", this Summer along with 9 other tapes.

sounds right up my alley will check him out for sure...

heres whats been played in the TPGL convent the last weeks

sshe retina stimulants - krionika soshiki
all maeror tri
disgust - time ruins everything
p.a.r.a. - dune rider
manierisme
black trinity
halo manash - syoma
all premature ejaculation
contrastate

YHmikeWE