PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Right now, GENOCIDE ORGAN - Mind Control

More brilliant SPK worship from Deutschlands finest! More great film samples. Hate has Tim Roth spewing his vitriol in brutal 80's film Made in Britain.

GO goes very well with doing weights.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Nil By Mouth

An evening with

ULTRA FUCK sex at the maly trostenets
RHIZOME ANGLE NAKED CODA meteor bones' carnival

Max

SLOGUN: Bloody Roots cd
SEWER ELECTION: Kassettemusik cd
INCAPACITANTS / KAZUMOTO ENDO 7"
NEW BLOCKADERS: Live at Anti Fest 12"
120 MURDEROUS PASSIONS tape
C.C.C.C: Community Center Cyber Crash lp
MASONNA: Astro Harshtronism 8"
etc.

today was well spent: dodging work / duties and listening to noise.

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: Max on December 16, 2009, 12:27:02 AM
today was well spent: dodging work / duties and listening to noise.

Started as GROSS fest, quickly degenerated into Danny Menche a thon, somehow mutated into PGR...
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Andrew McIntosh

Been on a Mauthausen Orchestra bender last couple of days.
Shikata ga nai.

Tommy Carlsson

Last night:

V/A -- Neue Deutsche Post Avantgarde LP (Audi Plex, 1988)
Someone wanted me to make a list of ten "essential" releases, a quest that I should have laughed at and ignored right away, but I was obviously not thinking straight. Making lists take time. At least when you try to compress several years of listening into a mere ten releases. Oh well, the good thing is that it gives you an excuse to go through the collection to find, and re-evaluate, those releases that you remember as being great, but haven't listened to recently. This comp LP is one of them, compiled by Asmus Tietchens in 1986-87 it gives a pretty good view of German experimental music from that time. Some tracks are absolutely amazing still, but some of them sound dated, and some of them I must have winced at all the time but forgot how bad they were. Cranioclast are great, as they tend to be, Graf Haufen's track is a weird field recording track that sounds like a mic rubbing against a windbreaker jacket -- possibly my favourite track on the whole comp, Werkbund does a good job also. H.N.A.S. sound very dated and the track is mainly bass guitar + electric guitar with a much too clean and boring sound, and Gerechtigkeits Liga is pretty much unlistenable rhythmic constipated industrial cliche stuff. Not one for any top-ten list, but still a decent comp that made more of an impact on me back then than it does when I listen to it now.

Narwal -- The Album LP (De Fabriek/Artware, 1991)
Damn, I like this album. Versatile ambient synthetic and acoustic free-flowing and constantly shifting layers of sound that make up two massive tracks on the (approx 50 mins.) LP. Lots of "traditional" psychedelic moves -- there is even a sitar on there that put a big smile on my face. Ambient stuff that never sits still long enough to make you restless. Beautiful all the way, from the handprinted poster sleeve all the way through to the end groove.

Today:

V/A -- Für Ilse Koch LP (Come Organisation, 1982)
This was one of the first true (trve) power electronics albums that I heard. Got it on tape from an older acquaintance when I was 14 I think... So needless to say it has always been a formative experience of great importance to me. Listening to it now, it is kind of funny that it manages to squeeze together so mamy of those names that are usually connected with "industrial cliches" -- Manson is here, some Himmler speech, Jim Jones is sampled, even Aleister Crowley (doesn't feel really Come Org, does it?), etc. The NWW track is sheer brilliance, Etat Brut is absolutely killer, Consumer Electronics, Whitehouse, MB, Club Moral (oh, I mean Wiking DDV), and the rest of the gang all contribute with great tracks. Absolutely essential heavy-weight comp, very well put together.

Joe & Joe -- s/t LP (LAFMS, 2006)
Holy fuck, someone is selling this on discogs -- asking price €150... weird. Not much I can say here, I think this is a great LP (but hardly €150-price-tag-great), very understated and pleasant tape collages, more or less stays in the same mood all through the LP. Murky and obscure, I would advise you to turn up the volume to enhance the listening experience.

Controlled Bleeding -- Knees And Bones LP (Psychout Productions, 1985)
Not the first CB I heard, but the one that will always be number one for me. Supreme heaviness all around. Bits of this are very close to current US noise blast + screaming style power electronics. The most arousing bits are the extreme metal destruction on the b-side, true ear candy. Could definitely be a contender for that damn list.

Zone Nord -- Marche Noir/Denrees Diverses LP (private, 1983)
The word that comes to mind is ROUGH. The HNW freaks would probably dig this one a lot, with it's heavy crunchiness and delightful single-mindedness, hellbent for sonic destruction. The sound does not appear to be layered, but rather a pretty "simple" recording yet with undeniable power. Hard to find pressing of 286 copies. Why hasn't this been reissued yet?

FreakAnimalFinland

Controlled Bleeding have said in interviews that their old LP's sounded always weaker than tape version of them. I wonder if anyone actually got the 5xCD box set from Hong Kong? Paid, but still waiting to it to mailorder. I hope those recordings has been left untouched by the treatment he did for some recent CD's. Cutting bass, cutting dymanics, all compressed to flatness which is hardly ever good term when talking about noise.

I was just listening to promo tape or LR. One of the artists in Posh Isolation label crew. Heavy as fuck. Total sub-bass crawl filthy PE rumble. In a ways, one could file them next to Pestdemon, but perhaps more "punk". Simpler structures, wilder screaming voice, but still sort of structured in these shorter songs. LR getting better all the time. And show that someone should really compile NEW BLOOD comp. LP "Neue International Post industrial 2010" ? New bands with just handful of tapes or one / two other releases popping up here and there, who could represent themselves well in selected piece of 5-10 minutes.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Strömkarlen

Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on December 17, 2009, 10:21:26 PM
Last night:

Wasn't that supposed to have been released by the Brasilian branch of the Goethe Institute?

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: Strömkarlen on December 18, 2009, 10:22:20 AM
Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on December 17, 2009, 10:21:26 PM
Last night:

Wasn't that supposed to have been released by the Brasilian branch of the Goethe Institute?
I think it is. The booklet says

NEUE DEUTSCHE POST AVANTGARDE
UMA AMOSTRAGEM DA MÚSICA ALEMÂ PÓS-MODERNA

Edição dos Institutos Goethe no Brasil

Produção: Dr Elmar Brandt e Asmus Tietchens para o Instituto Goethe São Paulo

Henrik III

Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on December 18, 2009, 12:22:01 PM
NEUE DEUTSCHE POST AVANTGARDE
I found this from a record fare in Turku last spring for 10 euros from some prog guy's stash. Quite unlikely discovery in Finland (well, at least outside the gates of Sarvilevyt!), maybe the first S.B.O.T.H.I. LP next time...BTW, perhaps should start a separate topic on compilations?

Working at home today and just perfectly got a parcel with Illusion of Safety/Holeist LP, AMK/GUM 7", Peter Duimelinks 7" with Vital zine (picked this mostly for the zine) and Chop Shop "Tension-Discharge" so that'll be my playlist for today. Comments (maybe) to follow.

Strömkarlen

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 18, 2009, 08:40:22 AM
And show that someone should really compile NEW BLOOD comp. LP "Neue International Post industrial 2010" ? New bands with just handful of tapes or one / two other releases popping up here and there, who could represent themselves well in selected piece of 5-10 minutes.

Good idea. Please do.

heretogo

After trying to educate myself about crust/d-beat/whatever by listening to Framtid, Nightmare, Skitkids and Pisschrist I put on

The Hafler Trio - How to reform mankind cd (reissue on Korm Plastics)

Like most of McKenzie's output, this one is very good. I can listen to stuff like this all day every day and not really get bored. But at the same time it's something that I cannot get supremely EXCITED about, for some reason. Like there would be some small but crucial part missing from the equation. I just cannot put my finger on what it could be. The same thing on this disc. He pulls all the right moves, manipulates the simple sound material perfectly. Maybe it's just some small trace of human touch that I'm missing here. It's all so bafflling, so alien that at some point it becomes too much to handle. Like the texts he includes with the albums - total whathefuck, über-dada. I'm sure it's full of humour but somehow I cannot get a proper grasp on the joke.
Maybe it's a problem with me and at some point all the pieces will fall in their places and AHA! I will get it completely. Until then I will just keep on buying and listening to this stuff...
ps. I just checked his revised web-site (www.simplysuperior.org). Amazing.

bogskaggmannen

Irm - Order4 CD (Cold Meat Industry, 2010?)

Listening to a copy of this upcoming album. Continues in the vein of our 12" of Segerhuva but adds a deeper experimental, static edge. Sudden changes in atmosphere and intensity. Even if the material is far from "commercial" I hope this can be some kind of break-through for them - would be interesting to hear these tracks in a live-situation.

heretogo

Listening to some recent purchases for the past couple of days

Macronympha: Pittsburh, Pennsylvania cd
Macronympha: Baroque cd
PBK / Hands To / AMK: System-Music-End cd
The Haters: In The Shade of Fire cd
The Rita: The Voyage of the Decima MAS cd
Bizarre Uproar / Bastard Noise: split cd
Haare: Aquarian Darkness 7"
Jason Crumer: A Personal Hell 7"
Chop Shop: Discrete Emissions 7"

Some very good discs there. The Haare 7" being pretty much the only real disappointment, maybe I should spin it a couple more times to figure out if there's anything in there. The Macro's are amazing and the same goes for the Haters cd (total merging of concept and sound!). The PBK / Hands To / AMK Pure-cd was recommended by Mikko and it's superb. A very diverse collection of tracks that still fit together very well, doesn't feel like a compilation or split release at all. The new Rita disc requires more listening but seems there is a lot of potential there...

FreakAnimalFinland

I have had 1 copy of that PBK/Hands To/AMK for years. Literally fucking years. And nobody showed slightest interest on it. I think it is great cd. And was it mere 7 euro? It's gone now. But I think just because of stubborn appreciation & support for certain bands, I'll restock it even if it means carrying dead stock for next 2-5 years...

Haare 7" was told to be fucked in pressing. Not sure how much. Ilkka said it because very lo-fi and the metal clangs and stuff like that are very soft and distant sounding. But hard to say, when not knowing how master CDR sounded like. I always find it amusing when people who release 7"s complain about sound. Having unrealistic expectations of type of length & frequencies & type of sound you can put on 7" cut by standard music business people.
In other hand, you see stuff like Ramleh VOD box 7" with 10 mins music on each side with amazing sound.

Nevertheless, I liked that Haare. Not his best moments, but guaranteed lo-fi drone job.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net