7" appreciation topic

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, September 19, 2014, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

LEFTHANDEDDECISION / FEVERDREAMS split 7"
Troniks
LHD sounds like some pop tune played via extensive distortion with buried screamy voice. Don't know what it is, but it's almost like Emil Beaulieau "memories" CD kind of stuff. Heavy and simple distortion. Nothing special, though.
Feverdreams is better, with track called Wires/metal/air and it pretty much sums what is here. Lots of reversed sounds, humming machinery, random speed tapes maybe? Metal objects looped. Occasionally get noisy and distorted, but most of all just great experimental soundscapes! Most definitely requires multiple rotations instantly!

MERZBOW "Electroploitation" 7"
HAX
1994. Damn how good  Merzbow classic era remains still today!! Utmost no-mercy harsh noise combined with rich textures of sound, fast panning, fast cuts, intense dynamic changes, abrupt cuts, manual volume balance changes between layers. Loops, intense wah-wah wankery. Simply golden stuff where strength lies not only in master craftsmanship of handling the mix and tools, but diversity of sound elements! Check out less noisy B-side here. Should work out also for fans of 80's Merzbow where industrial-sound-loops create key elements for sound. But he won't forget the total harsh blasting either. Wait for middle of track and it'll hit straight in your face. I have yet to hear "Hard Panning" compilation, but if it boasts for bringing new level for cut up noise, I think it's something one may have real challenge with. Compared to already stuff from 1994 like this...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yssnwBmBQJU

MERZBOW "Music for Dead Man 2" 7"
Robot
Less things going on, more harsh, but excellenth nevertheless. This is also 1994 release, and I remember I used to be slightly disappointed that songs are so short, like it would be just short cuts of longer pieces - which is probably is, but still damn good 7" I'd pick up anytime if I wouldn't already have it.

SMELL & QUIM "Non-stop robotic stinky horse fisting" 7"
Kubitsuri tapes
Great noise 7" from UK experimental guys. No prank noise here, more just brutal and rugged harshness, but with very neat physical aspect to it. Running audio tapes of sex flicks via distortion, throwing things around. Two tracks with absurd titles. 1st song is build from shorter segments, which give nice forward moving feel instead of being just one thing about same sound pallet. Sometimes raw racket, other moments ultimate power-drone exploding into complex fast paced noise. 2nd song is more solid one piece, but texture of multi-layered tape manipulation gives it great atmosphere.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

are those early Merzbow 7"s collected anywhere?  one of the box sets?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

yosef666

I'm surprised not to see a mention yet of the Murder Series released by Self Abuse. Maybe because it's assumed that everyone already knows the series so well that it's not worth mentioning? Excellent series with strong unified concept and presentation. Some really great work there from artists like Atrax Morgue, Taint, Deathpile, Slogun, Macronympha, Dead Body Love, Mlehst, Skin Crime, etc.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

ANDROPHILIA

must remember all 7" series from Xn Recordings

CON - DOM  Servitude - The First Sermon
THE GREY WOLVES  A Wealth of Misery
HIJOKAIDAN  Sound of the Sea
BRIGHTER DEATH NOW  s/t
HYDRA  Anal Test
SEKTION B  Sleepers Wake Up
PROIEKT HAT  /  BRIGHTER DEATH NOW  Feel - Bad
DIUTESC  What have you done?
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

cantle

I've got a 'Whitehouse' flexidisc- it's hilarious.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: yosef666 on September 22, 2014, 10:51:36 PM
I'm surprised not to see a mention yet of the Murder Series released by Self Abuse. Maybe because it's assumed that everyone already knows the series so well that it's not worth mentioning? Excellent series with strong unified concept and presentation. Some really great work there from artists like Atrax Morgue, Taint, Deathpile, Slogun, Macronympha, Dead Body Love, Mlehst, Skin Crime, etc.

Of course anyone could list all their favorites. What I'd hope from this topic is not about vague recollections of stuff people liked and appreciated 10 years ago, but stuff what they listen NOW, and comment with fresh feeling about it. All those 7" comments I write, are written instantly after or during 1-5 rotations. Not just another list of stuff what someone likes, but doesn't bother to take from shelves to give it proper use. Should probably listen whole Murder series sometime soon...

FreakAnimalFinland

CON-DOM "Law" 7"
power & steel
God damn good, part 7 of the sermon series, from 1996. One side is basically based on old Militia piece, just extended to long length as opposed to short-ish intro it appears on "New European Order". Added is commanding voice and high pitched painful feedback. On other side more machinery like humming and repeating patterns of industrial noises. I assume some of that is credited for Menche - for "sonic support". No lyrics included here, but very nice cardboard cover.

WHITEHOUSE "Thank Your Lucky Stars / Sadist" 7"
Susan Lawly
I guess first SL release? David Tibet plays on a-side, b-side is with Tomkins & Sotos. Stuff is also sound from Thank You Lucky Stars CD special edition. Electric, dominating, sadistic power electronics, perhaps barely more words needed...

WHITEHOUSE "Still going strong / ankles & wrists" 7"
Susan Lawly
Two great tracks from 1990. Still going strong has quite clean vocal performance. Very modest echo sound, little bit tinny quality, as if shouted via guitar amp, but without further efx. Humming electronics and tasty metal junk crushing. Produced by Steve Albini, making it very "normal" band sound. Not tape overdrive or extensive effects, but kind of clean room recording where all the metal junk crushing has very nice room sound. B-side track has more "typical" feel to it. Pitch-shifter malformed brutal vocals, heavy droning bassy synth lines as opposed to high pitched torment. Both sides brilliant.  B-side here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijZBriH2VU

WHITEHOUSE "Tit Pulp / Right To Kill" 7"
Concrete Factory
I got the stamp numbered edition of 133 copies with nice textured sleeve. Perhaps the "original" of the different versions of bootleg that came out already back in 80's? Two tracks taken from studio action VHS release, with utterly brutal and fierce sound. Fuck. I wish Whitehouse would do something like this officially, as sound is so forceful, extremem yet never losing any power due low fidelity. Great vocal performance on Tit Pulp by Best. Right To Kill starts so ripping it's weird to think how few actually have matched the sheer intensity of Whitehouse! Closest comparison I could make to this sound quality and gut ripping power are recordings of Forza Albino. I hope that band gets full length album done!
Old copies surprisingly cheap at discogs. Listen the 7" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxguz4gNtW4

WUTANES HEER 7"
Membrum Debile Propaganda
Obscure Italian project that did couple releases for MDP. According to discogs, Italian guy Luca C. Do I remember correctly, but perhaps same guy who did W-Project (featured on Terror Campaign compilation)? Anyways, this 7" is nice for what it is. Some historical sound samples, bassy rumblings, distorted whispering voicas, bounding rhythms what sound almost like harsh noise. 2nd track of a-side could be said to be something that would satisfy Deathkey fans. Bassy, highly distorted harshness and semi-guttural distorted vocals.
Other side is much better, but less good side is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9KqVMTcA68

XENOPHOBIC EJACULATION "Must Be Ready / Hang the nigger" 7"

Assembly of Hatred
If I just said few bands match to Whitehouses old brutality, actually XE could be said to be one. 2010 release offered songs what would be like blunt RAC of power electronics. Sonically almost like early Sutcliffe Jugend and Right To Kill / New Britain / Buchenwald kind of Whitehouse, with RAC bass riffs echoing behind the horrid feedback and screamy voice. B-side is rough. Two different feedback tones go on and on and on... with violent screaming on top.
Lathe cut of 30 copies is absolutely too little for stuff like this, but this time can't complain about sound quality of lathe! It sounds great!

FreakAnimalFinland

BILGE PUMP "The Eternal Qu'est Que C'est For Barry" 7"
Fourth Dimension
I recall I have some old tape as well. This 7" comes from 1997 and presents band in kind of "typical" of the era. It has jazzier, goofier feel to it, but basically lump this together with Cosmonauts Hail Satan, Liz Gizzad, Splintered, Ramleh, Skullflower, etc. but as said, little more amusing, with some tracks with jazzy percussion. Mostly simple dominating beat, easy guitar/bass riff/noise etc. I see band has done more stuff after this and discogs lists it has "hardcore" band. Well. No hardcore here...

ALIO DIE "The Way Of Fire" 7"

Drone
Yet another great 7" what one can see for sale at discogs for like... 2 euros?! Ritualistic drone songs. Extremely long duration. One side almost 10 minutes!! Still very clear, very clean sound apart of few noises on end of side. Lots of wind-instruments, calm drones, combined with experimental sounds. Crushing noises and curiously cow muuing?! What ends up sounding surreal and macabre. Great!

MERZBOW "Nil Vagina For Mice" 7"
Banned
Doesn't say is it 33 or 45, but I assume 45, as songs on that speed are already pretty long (c. 6+ mins) like that. Also even with 45rpm, songs are much more lazy and slow paced than the best of Merzbow. I don't mean this is bad at all. No. It's good, but couple 7"s listened yesterday and MSBR split listened today just makes this less great when comparing. However, healthy variation on pace/intensity/sound!

MERZBOW / MSBR split 7"
MSNP/Self Abuse
Utmost cult noise blast. I was almost unanle to move to MSBR side when getting stuck on non-stop repeated listening of Merbow sound. What a speed, texture, density, aggression, masterful cascading avalanches of harsh noise!!!  But can't say it was mistake to turn to MSBR side. This is most likely among Collapseland - right there among THE absolute best of MSBR releases. Intense, heavy, highly electronic, moderately multilayered harsh noise. But clearly with idea what to do. 4 rotations later, not sure whether to spin it 5th time or move on....

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 23, 2014, 12:55:54 PM
XENOPHOBIC EJACULATION "Must Be Ready / Hang the nigger" 7"[/b]
Assembly of Hatred
If I just said few bands match to Whitehouses old brutality, actually XE could be said to be one. 2010 release offered songs what would be like blunt RAC of power electronics. Sonically almost like early Sutcliffe Jugend and Right To Kill / New Britain / Buchenwald kind of Whitehouse, with RAC bass riffs echoing behind the horrid feedback and screamy voice. B-side is rough. Two different feedback tones go on and on and on... with violent screaming on top.
Lathe cut of 30 copies is absolutely too little for stuff like this, but this time can't complain about sound quality of lathe! It sounds great!

that's a good one. I'm depressed I was never able to get a copy of the Sick Seed lathe from the same label. Can anyone comment on that?

two of the best 7"s in my recent memory are:

Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta 7" - first of all, amazing clear and clean sound from this 7". the more restrained end of BU, especially considering the other BU stuff that was coming out at the time. the a-side especially with the feedback and the rising vocal work is Top 40 single stuff. the b-side has a lot more screeching and feedback in the classic BU style.

Mania - Grotesque Mirth 7" - I really dig this short burst of Mania material. both songs sound like they're written for the format, not just cut from larger sessions. all the trademark Mania elements are there; buried vocals, weird synths, junk metal - but again like the BU 7", there's a lot of restraint shown. a lot of atmosphere and tension are conjured in the ten or so minutes.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

tiny_tove

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 23, 2014, 12:55:54 PM

WUTANES HEER 7"
Membrum Debile Propaganda
Obscure Italian project that did couple releases for MDP. According to discogs, Italian guy Luca C. Do I remember correctly, but perhaps same guy who did W-Project (featured on Terror Campaign compilation)? Anyways, this 7" is nice for what it is. Some historical sound samples, bassy rumblings, distorted whispering voicas, bounding rhythms what sound almost like harsh noise. 2nd track of a-side could be said to be something that would satisfy Deathkey fans. Bassy, highly distorted harshness and semi-guttural distorted vocals.
Other side is much better, but less good side is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9KqVMTcA68

This is Luca from Como. Good friend of mine, he was not W-Project (another Luca, Valfrè), but had another computer/martial project named Idavoldr (cannot write it properly).
He was working mostly with a computer and two pedals (I think a distortion and a flanger if I am not wrong)  that he lent me for recording the wertham: satin touch.
There is also a CD of him, less aggressive yet still very good in my opinion. I haven't seen him around in ages (different time schedules), but I hope he will sooner or later do something new!

http://www.discogs.com/artist/116407-Wutanes-Heer
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

FreakAnimalFinland

GIFT "Shoah" 7"
Steinklang
Surprisingly low profile release from singer of Operation Cleansweep, doing pretty explicit heavy electronics, which is pretty much identical what you expect from his main band. Shoah 1 and 2, Final Station and Judeorat are track titles what should make few boneheaded PE fanatics drool.  Was ltd 150 copies already back in 2003, but after decade, you can still grab one from discogs for.. 15 euros? I recall these were pretty pricey already back then.
Oppressive loops, noisy synth lines, spoken word samples. 4 tracks in total. Certainly much better than for example Singular Cleansweep Operations, but perhaps not as classic as OC 1st album...

AARON DILLOWAY "White hair / amputation" 7"
Bloodlust!
2006 single from Dilloway is kind of weird to listen after GIFT. It is afterall, so dark and forceful material. I would be surprised if someone who listened that and this one after another - obviously without knowning what he listens, would reject this as some sort of "american hipster noise". No way. Well done, brutal, heavy looped, rough stuff recorded live straight to stereo tape. No goofy sounds. As much as it is "warm" and analogue, its simply rugged and brutal. In many ways simple live jam format, but good is good.

ARDITI "Destiny of Iron" 7"
Equilibrium
Two tracks from 2004-2005. Colossal martial rhythms, symphonic tones and historical spoken word. What else to say? If you know Arditi, you know what to expect. Good, but perhaps album format works better for this band.

ALLERSEELEN / BLOOD AXIS split 7"
State Art
2nd of the splits. Obscure epic dance music from Allerseelen. If typical drum machine beats would be replaced with something else, I'm pretty sure I'd like it much much more.
Blood Axis has his charming clumsy side presented here. The March Of Brian Boru song what is also known from releases like BLOT, Violin, utterly brutal kind of out-of-tune sounding distorted bass and bounding drum and some electronic drones. While so many things fight in my head to advice this couldn't be liked, there is something so amazing here I can only worship.

collapsedhole

love 7"s. wish they were cheaper to make, and miss the long gone days of being able to pick up three 7"s for $10 instead of one.

sometimes i go on 7" binges and today this thread made break out some less listened to ones, played in this order...

hanged mans orgasm - frenzy - self abuse records / murder series, 1997
side a: feild recordings of sparse industrial atmosphere, then buzzing of flies and more layers of light surface noise build into thin but loud noise wall.
side b: slowly oscillating minimal synth tones, buzzing and layered with noise what sounds like rustling through woods.

small cruel party - seminal brainpan - dom america, 1995
side a: layered active high pitch feedback that almost sounds like someone going nuts on that annoying wind instrument kids play known as a "recorder" with a lower drone not far in the background. i like small cruel party but i do not like this.
side b is what makes this 7" worth owning. with source sound provided by runzelstirn and gurgelstock aka rudolf eber... crumply shuffling sound bounces around an ongoing stuttering off-beat loop while random taps, pops, scrapes, slaps, cracks, pulls, and buzzes appear and disappear until everything gradually comes to a total stop. good stuff.

daniel menche - rusty ghosts - 2x7", deubel, 1999
much like shorter takes on 'octobers larynx' style menche, i happen to really like that album so this 2x7" is great for me. would be even better if instead was expanded into 2x-lp companion album, but i guess that would really be a case of "too much of a good thing". all sides are cold, metallic, omminous droning industrial.

aaron dilloway - chain-balled - turgid animal, 2009
side a: mangled tapes ripped apart while a distressed tone and junks bang and fight their way into the mix
side b: contact mic fuckery while motors spin and click and metals clangle. track starts with a decent amount going on and gradually gets more minimal, until picking up again and kind of lingering on doing the same things that just stopped.
i tend to like dilloway's longer pieces better then his shorter ones, these seem like snippets and very may well have appeared in longer form elsewhere.

skin graft - dirge - mistake by the lake/sound design recording, 2009
side a: heavily distorted voice samples amongst deep synth buzz throbbing and microphone struggling to squeel out of the mix before coming to an abrupt end.
side b: dirty barely alive synth throb and what sounds like sharpening of knives and other sharp metals in butcher/autopsy room while more high end tension grows before coming to another aburpt end.
i really like skin grafts filthy, barely alive material more then his noisey stuff, this record lays somewhere in the middle. i think the reason i rarely play it is as like with dilloway, i prefer the longer works of this particular project.

thurston moore / john wiese - split - troniks, 2004
tm: says play at 45, but fuck i just can't do it... track is just so much better on 33! extended high pitched horror drone, life support machine beeping, torturous electronic looping, vocal bits. creepy.  
jw: wiese has mastered his craft by now and rips a track of break-neck speed jerking glass smashing chunky harsh noise. goes through a lot of interesting sounds, very aggressive noise but i can't call it "violent".

the rita + prurient - women pissing - fusty cunt, 2013
side a: the rita noise w/ prurient screaming and letting the feedback fly, sounds like it was recorded when that was his main deal. good.
side b: the same, but different. if this was released in 2006 would've been hit e.p. of the year.....

then some blankenship appreciation...

the cherry point - superstar '84 - troniks, 2002
one side silent grooves, the other starts as white noise through a variety of distortions, with slower cuts then what we would later see from lhd but faster then left handed decision, and with more activity then straight HNW style TCP. midway through the track takes on a live feel with violent vocal outbursts and shifting rough electronics mixing with the static.

the cherry point + john wiese - pyramid suites - troniks, 2002
another one with silent grooves on one side. this time two tracks on a-side. first is obviously TCP with basic pedal driven static electronics, wiese follows with a lower volume assault wall of digital noise... tones grinding, stretching, wrapping, wanking, warbling and warping in that wiese way.

the cherry point / secret societ of the sonic six - split - troniks, 2003
side a: tcp again with stream of conciousness style pedal driven electronic nooise, this time with heavily distorted wicked vocals! first listened at 45 then realized it was 33, listened again, the only main difference vocals sound more sinister then maniacal.
side b: synth pop, done really badly. not sure if this is terrible on purpose or not. i get the impression phil knows these clowns from around LA and thought this 7" would be funny... i guess it is, though i don't like jokes.

lhd - asthma - one-sided 7" - helicopter, 2003
hard to believe this is 2003 when material is such leagues above the many other 7"s phil was involved in around the time. stylistically this track would fit perfect with lhd's "curtains" cd, but this is rare example of 1-sided 7" format working well. excellent sinister harsh noise track with well paced violent execution. some reverbated black metal-esque groaning in the background around the beginning and even though there are several change ups in the sound, the duo frequently let the noise ride itself out before moving on too quick. one of my favorite harsh noise 7"s!

lhd - veiled - one-sided 7" - helicopter, 2011
states recorded during first lhd sessions "around 2002". i guess that makes sense. this sounds like what lhd would later use as source material. wall of pedal noise with some other harsh electronics on top, which i guess is wiese. much less variation in sound and movement then asthma. not bad, but blankenship and wiese each have much stronger examples of harsh noise both seperately and together.

baby has had enough noise and gone down for a nap, time for some quieter sounds, think i'll put on the new lussuria lp - which is fantastic! but not a 7".

FreakAnimalFinland

(edited bolding of text on message above, to make it easier to read)

THE HATERS "a furthered pause" 7"
Robot
Two solid tracks of 1996 haters noise. Basically 3 ongoing layers of repeating sonic elements. Extremely neat sound for my own tastes. Enough rugged and coarse, yet far from too lofi. Physical sounds of destruction layered on top of eachother and while composition itself is as liner as we can expect from The Haters, sounds themselves create so good texture it's right there in top Haters materials along "Ordinarily Nowhere", "In The Shades Of Fire" etc!!

THE HATERS "Truncated Formica" 7"
Self Abuse
Year before, 1995, less about everything collapsing at once. Humming bassy rumbles, industrial noises and on top very distinctive metal object smashing. Other side appears like live recording with even rougher sound, lots of acoustic power tools and droning background noise.

TABERNAKEL 7"
Meeuw Muzak
One of the most minimalist drone ep's I have. Especially one side is almost like pushing organ key down and that's about it. Other side is almost similar, but very subtle oscillation of drone/feedback interaction. Absolutely nothing happens in 7" and I used to have hard time with this back in 90's, but now it feels surprisingly pleasant session!

INTRINSIC ACTION "Dazed" 7"
AWB
Absolute classic IA track. THIS IS NOT THE HAND OF GLORY!! THIS IS FIST OF DEATH!!! This is also musically well done. Each track, each vocal effect is different. Pacing of vocals, intensity, all that has very good variation here. Especially should give credit to nice vocal effects on "Motivation"! Great cover!

INTRINSIC ACTION "Male Payment" 7"
self released
Two live tracks. Male Payment and 1% recorded back in 1989,  Great graphic design, very simple two-synth noise lines + spoken vocals.  Not as good as studio works, but not bad at all.

INTRINSIC ACTION "Manhattan Power Surge" 7
"
self released
Feel The Bite and Sado-Electronics tracks. Clean  sound despite being live recordings. Sound on Sado Electronics is pretty much too clean and simple, not to be compared to great studio version on the full length. Feel the bite is better of these two. Being pretty much in finest tradition similar to Final Solution etc. like blunt americanized version of Whitehouse, lacking most creative aspects, replaced with leather fetish and simplicity.

INTRINSIC ACTION "Adult Books And Video N.Y.C" 7"
AWB
4 live tracks with duo electronics + voice. Slowly throbbing electronic wall with odd sounding vocals. Normal shouted voice + pitch effect. Already here I.A. has the song introductions between the tracks.

INTRINSIC ACTION "Groupies" 7"
Bloodlust!
This came much later than "Groupies" pic 12". It is also different. Title track has little extra things going on, mix is better and b-side is different. Also delivery starts to be more of the intense sugar-daddy hoarse vocals. Wisdom -track on b-side has liner notes on cover "The power surge is over and New York has been drained dry, Times Square is finished and the west has been lost. Time for Bloody Minds to head to Chicago... Intrinsic Action 1985-1995"......... Good testament!
I wonder what happened to Bloodlust plans to reissue the I.A. demos what would have complete studio sessions with good sound what were on bootleg CD? And also unreleased stuff?

HIJOKAIDAN "Sound of sea" 7"
Xn
Good. But short. Hijokaidan certainly works better for album than 45rpm 7"! Basically complaint is the length, where songs don't appear to be made for such length, just cut from longer session.

INCAPACITANTS "Sarin will kill every bad aum" 7"
Dirter
Extremely thin, extremely detailed. It's almost exclusively treble only distortion. None of heavy crunchy qualities. Very nice, different that most noise out there.

INCAPACITANTS "Alcoholic Speculations" 7"
Zabriskie Point
Really good release here. Especially B-side is such a master butchery, it rips your ears 100%. While A-side has thin and disturning sound, b-side is combination of heavy bulldozing bass crunch noise and utterly ripping feedback and treble distortion. Just utterly intense.

INCAPACITANTS / KAZUMOTO ENDO split 7"
Gentle Giant
Incapacitants goes into direction thin feedback & electronic wall. More oscillating/electronic buzzing than on two 7"s above, but basically same kind of ultra noise static what never becomes heavy of crunchy. Just disturbing.
Kazumoto Endo is like.... could you say absolutely number one figure that has influenced contemporary cut up noise? Already here, top notch material. Not too much quite. Not too overtly digital sounding due 7" format. Great stuff.

FreakAnimalFinland

MURDER CORPORATION "Gay Dog / Sucker" 7"
Bloodlust
Probably the best MC release? Brutal and noisy power electronics, with vocals. It has plenty of delay, but still very much follows the legacy set by 80's Italian PE monsters.

ILLUSION OF SAFETY "the banishing ritual" 7"
Complacency
Ritual industrial. First side has a bit too normal drum machine beat over otherwise tasty sonic textures. B-side is darker. Better percussive rhythms and dark ambient kind of humming sounds on back.

BARDOSENETICCUBE "Rain in june" 7"
Drone
two long drone songs, what are minimal. Goes nowhere, and kind of hard to get any grip on this. In one had, I listened this 3 times, was thinking its pretty ok, but nothing remains in my head what it is...

BUILDING OF GEL "Flashback" 7"
New Noise
Too bad this japanese noise band who did great tapes, failed quite terribly with first and only vinyl. No more noise, but playful drum machine beats driven through extensive distortion pedals. Goofy screaming vocals and random sounding electronics. Any tape of theirs is much much much better.

IUGULA-THOR "We Are Ready / Cunt Supermarket" 7"
AWB
One of the best IT power electronics releases. I still worship their 12" and mCD, but this is more simple and to the point. Demented vocals yelling about having fun at cunt supermarket, and loud distorted wall of electronics behind it. Red paint splattered covers, ltd 100 done ages ago.

HYDRA "Anal test" 7"
Xn
Possibly one of the most extreme PE recordings out there. Not because it would be loud, crunchy or such, but because it's almost unbearably high toned feedback torment. I can think of only SNUFF who gives almost equally fierce torment, but I think this 7" is the winner of most challenging and unpleasant feedback noise out there...  Too bad Hydra never made as GREAT track again as their contribution on Sounds Of Sadism compilation.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 24, 2014, 03:06:04 PM
TABERNAKEL 7"
Meeuw Muzak
One of the most minimalist drone ep's I have. Especially one side is almost like pushing organ key down and that's about it. Other side is almost similar, but very subtle oscillation of drone/feedback interaction. Absolutely nothing happens in 7" and I used to have hard time with this back in 90's, but now it feels surprisingly pleasant session!
Good 7", and I like the packaging.  Fold the cover into a tabernacle.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.