PR020 CON-DOM We Who Are Living Are Now Dying DVD Now available for pre-order!

Started by Peripheral Records, August 15, 2014, 03:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peripheral Records

CON-DOM We Who Are Living Are Now Dying DVD

Now available for pre-order!

Mike Dando/CON-DOM has operated in the multimedia domains incorporating sound, film and performance since his early years. He confronts the audience in extreme ways, touching on taboo subjects suppressed or reduced to primitive stereotypes by the mass media of today. With a devastating barrage of noise he traces the unconscious religious subtext of modern mass society, crossfades religious and political (border) phenomena and relates them with violent and pathological aspects. In the six super 8 short films, created in the 1980s to early 1990s and finally digitally restored in 2013, daily routine scenes are juxtaposed with grainy photos of criminals, dictators and clerics and book pages bearing crude, racist interpretations of Scripture, filmed line by line.

Video editing: Industrial Recollections
Graphic Design: The Epicurean
Playtime: 55 minutes
Limited edition: 222 copies
Packaging: DVD digi pack, High quality 400 chromolux paper, includes woven patch with Con-Dom logo

1 Impressions of a System 6:12
2 The Coming of Christ 13:35
3 Our Pleasure in the Pain/Vilification 8:42
4 All In Good Faith 1 14:18
5 All In Good Faith 2 (Get Right With God) 6:52
6 Hunger for Death 5:57

Video teaser 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AeKpTuO_P8
Video teaser 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcaXmQH9NVk

yosef666

Is this a region-specifc DVD? I'd love to order it, but I need to know if I'll be able to play it on my DVD player here in the US.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

fin de siècle

it is region free PAL ... I`d recommend, you ask others in the US, who own the DVD already, which is the same as the one being part of the V/A "EPICUREAN ESCAPISM II" CD/DVD set.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

yosef666

Quote from: fin de siècle on August 16, 2014, 11:47:06 PM
it is region free PAL ... I`d recommend, you ask others in the US, who own the DVD already, which is the same as the one being part of the V/A "EPICUREAN ESCAPISM II" CD/DVD set.
Thatr's what I thought, PAL is not playable on US players. I bought the Epicurean Escapism only for the DVD and can't play it at all.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: yosef666 on August 17, 2014, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: fin de siècle on August 16, 2014, 11:47:06 PM
Thatr's what I thought, PAL is not playable on US players. I bought the Epicurean Escapism only for the DVD and can't play it at all.

Computers can play a PAL dvd, I think, with no issues, maybe? I remember reading that. I have an all-region player that converts & use to have a really cheap player that I bought at Target that converted but I had to program a code for other regions.

I missed out on the cd/dvd set but may pick up the dvd if Malignant gets it into stock.