DAVID JACKMAN / ORGANUM

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 14, 2009, 07:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acsenger

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on September 01, 2020, 02:22:35 PM
Seems to be a second CD (called "Stilness") out now on Siren under the Organum Electronics monicker - anyone heard it yet?

As much as I actually appreciated the s/t one on Siren I don't need another one if it's almost the same album...

I got it today and have listened to it a couple times. It's not the same as the previous Organum Electronics album, but it's similar (as expected). The unique-sounding electronics of the first album are still there (and they're very similar -- they might even be the same, but I won't bother comparing the two CDs to that extent), but there's an additional layer that changes nearly constantly. Overall this CD is like a more active, somewhat altered version of the first album. It's hard to say whether you should get it (for me, the changes are sufficient enough to appreciate both CDs), but if you're looking for something *very* different, then it's safe to say you shouldn't.

Zeno Marx

Since 2019, he's been rather busy.  4 albums under Organum Electronics (Siren Records).  One album under Jackman (Die Stadt).  One album under D Jackman (Die Stadt).  The first Organum Electronics album, s/t, has three tracks, but the rest are single tracks.  I haven't heard any of them in their entirety, and I only really knew of two of them existing.  Gone are the days when Jackman releases something and you pretty much are guaranteed to hear about it?  I'm assuming these are a focused project of a certain idea, despite being released under three different monikers?  I liked the samples I heard.  Machinated avant-garde classical minimalistic drone, or something of that nature.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

chryptusrecords

mr jackman has created this huge Organum discography guide: http://www.chronoglide.com/Organum.pdf nearly 400 pages with info, artwork scans, extensive notes, cross-references to things appearing in multiple places and so on. it's really impressive.

impulse manslaughter

Wow, thanks for this link. I pulled out my Organum and related records and had a nice listening session while browsing through this. The early material is so great. I've been looking for most of the Aeroplane/Syntactic 7"s for years but they rarely show up and never for decent prices. The later 7"s on Die Stad are okay but all the tracks are short and often very similar. Not worth tracking them all down (pretty easy to find) unless you want a complete collection.