occult & esoteric

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, June 30, 2010, 08:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SafeWord

Quote from: RyanWreck on May 10, 2011, 10:15:15 AM
Quote from: Human Larvae on May 05, 2011, 10:51:28 AM

"Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law"...

a catchy phrase, yes. But even Satanism has a few more laws that restrict this freedom. Or does this stand above everything else?

It is certainly a quote that has been mis-used in a number of contexts. Some people seemed to think it was a hedonistic statement and thought it basically said "do whatever you want" but then again I think both Crowley himself and his magickal current have sadly been mis used, recycled, and lumped into contradicting systems of thought.

Please do not mix Thelema with Satanism. It means find to your True Will and do nothing else, in the most simple terms. Every so called "Occult" BM or Noise groups seems to forget the other part - "Love is the Law, Love under Will." I have 11 years now of experience at being a Thelemite, anyone wants to discuss it I am open to doing so. The same goes for Ceremonial Magick in both the Western and Eastern sense.

Jaakko V.

redswordwhiteplough

I just bought G.I. Gurdjieff's Meetings with remarkable men and Aghora -At the Left Hand of God  by Robert E. Svoboda.

Should be interesting.

Jordan

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 30, 2011, 03:24:22 PM
Quote from: SafeWord on April 30, 2011, 01:05:51 PMFunny enough though, that the supposed creator of the ONA converted to Islam.

But as pointed out by people over and over again, his reasoning is well enough documented in his own words, right?
The original ONA life of hermit / shadow person outside society isn't necessarily giving that much possibilities to operate right now. Even less than C18 or NSM.

Kind of late to this discussion, but all occult/esoteric motivations aside, might this not have something to do with the longstanding romance between third-positionist groups generally and certain branches of radical Islam? Since at least the early eighties, for instance, Qaddafi was funding all sorts of third-position/radical nationalist/white power kind of groups all around the world. His money was going to such diverse locations as the IRA, Hakim Bey, Nick Griffin, etc.  Just a thought.