[RVR0189] Parisian Human Toilet by To The Lovers, Farewell

Started by redvenicerecords, June 03, 2014, 12:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redvenicerecords

[RVR0189] Parisian Human Toilet by To The Lovers, Farewell

Multiple parts of this album were based on Alvin Lucier's process for 'Bird and Person Dyning'. Of course I could not produce the results Lucier by the lack of live setup alone but by following this desciption:

"In radio and signal processing, heterodyning is the generation of new frequencies by mixing (multiplying), two oscillating waveforms. It is useful for placing information of interest into a useful frequency range following modulation or prior to demodulation. The two frequencies are mixed in a vacuum tube, transistor, diode, or other signal processing device. Mixing two frequencies creates two new frequencies, according to the properties of the sine function; one is the sum of the two frequencies mixed, the other is their difference. These new frequencies are called heterodynes. Typically only one of the new frequencies is desired—the higher one after modulation and the lower one after demodulation. The other signal is filtered out of the output of the mixer."

I was able to carry out some particularly interesting power electronics using this process. This album was written using pure data. Was originally intended for a recycled rrrecords cassette release, sorry Ron, but decided to release it myself.

http://redvenicerecords.bandcamp.com/album/rvr0189-parisian-human-toilet