OUT NOW and shipping: MILITIA & FIRE IN THE HEAD

Started by DestructiveIndustriesUSA, June 23, 2010, 08:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestructiveIndustriesUSA

OUT NOW AND SHIPPING!!!!

~~~***PLEASE NOTE, FOR PICTURE PURPOSES, THERE ARE TWO DOUBLE SIDED INSERTS, THOUGH WITH THE RELEASE, IT COMES WITH ONLY ONE DOUBLE SIDED INSERT. THE TWO TOGETHER ARE SHOWN FOR VISUAL REPRESENTATION ONLY***~~~

DI030- MILITIA "Live Provocation 1 & 2" C-60 Ltd. 100 $10 PP USA, $13 WORLD (PLEASE FORGIVE MY BLURRY PIC. THE PACKAGING IS NOT BLURRED, JUST THE PIC!!)

To celebrate D.I.'s 30th release, we are super proud to present the following to you...
Belgian legends of percussive industrial music unearth their vibrant and humble beginnings upon an unsuspecting world. Featuring two never before heard recordings of early 1989 radio performances, this 60 minute opus is filled with eerie ambience, militant metal percussion and a stark, chilling atmosphere sure to please the fans of both old and new. Housed in deluxe pro printed packaging, this serves as a testament to Belgium's greatest gift to industrial music. All hail Militia!

DI031- FIRE IN THE HEAD "Ignite/Submit & Solace Through Psychosis" C-76 Ltd. 100 $10 PP USA, $13 WORLD

Sadly, now defunct Massachusetts legend's classic harsh electronic albums (originally birthed by the RRR and MSBR labels), now reissued onto one cassette. A heavy, blackening frenzy of mental warfare, bleak psychosis and inner anxiety meshed together into nearly 80 minutes of unforgiving fire power. This is not a drill. This is the bullet aimed at the fire in your head. Features a different version of "Ignite/Submit" remastered by Michael Page. Housed in deluxe, oversized color packaging and includes two stickers and a button.

PLEASE EMAIL FOR AVAILIBILITY! These are going fast: destructiveindustries@yahoo.com
DUE TO PAYPAL ISSUES, AN ALTERNATE PAYPAL ADDRESS WILL BE PROVIDED. PLEASE EMAIL FOR THIS.
http://www.destructiveindustries.net

FREE GIFTS IF YOU PURCHASE BOTH TAPES AT ONCE!!!

best,
Thomas Mortigan

FreakAnimalFinland

I think Militia is quite disappointing.
I ordered two copies of this tape, which isn't very cheap price to overseas. One for me, one for friend of mine. One copy is defected copy in first place. tape inside the tape shell is physically fucked as unplayed.

Cover, is just one card. You see these pre-view images, which indicates you'd have front cover and back cover, but no. Image shows both sides of one card. It simply is unpractical and crappy packaging, no matter how nicely digi printed the card itself is.
When seeing that tapes are cheapest bulk ferric material, and the one I could listen to, I had feeling that this is NOT how they should sound like. So, when I got e-mail from band saying that version which is bought from band, includes free CDR, I realized this is indeed the case:

Quote from: militia says-low quality sound in comparison with the high quality sound of the 
master recordings
-right and left output not the same balance (imbalanced compared to 
the master recordings)

I've complained to Thomas Mortigan of the Destructive Industries label 
but he thinks the tape copying firm is to blame for the bad result. So 
Militia has decided to add a free CDR (with logo sticker) to the tape. 
I'll suggest to Thomas to do the same.

So, who is to blame when inferior product hits the market with 13$ retail price?? "tape copying firm"? Come on!!
It is lame way to run label. How much would have been lost with re-dubbing of tapes at competent place? 100$? Value of like.. 10-20 orders?

I should of course try to claim by my money. Especially of item which is not playable in first place. But at the same time I find it boring to beg. So rather just warn anyone who may consider spending their $. Perhaps contact the band instead.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

DestructiveIndustriesUSA

FIRST AND FOREMOST...IF ANYONE HAS A BAD COPY OF THE MILITIA TAPE I URGE YOU TO WRITE ME AND I WILL FIX THE PROBLEM. ALREADY CALLED AND LEFT MESSAGE WITH TAPE COMPANY TOO. I AM SORRY FOR ANYONE'S INCONVENIENCE. I RUN A GOOD, HONEST AND RELIABLE LABEL AND WILL MAKE THIS RIGHT.
EMAIL ME DIRECTLY, PLEASE:
destructiveindustries@yahoo.com

SKY BURIAL

Without addressing how crappy or impractical some feel the packaging is in comparison to how much they paid, I don't feel the ads were misleading at all. Did people really think the were getting two cards with blank backs? Is all blame really being cast upon the label owner for a bad dub when some copies are absolutely fine? Anyone who knows Thomas knows he's not out to fuck anyone. He is EXTREMELY humble and passionate about what he does which I find impressive with his limited time and limited budget.

Violent Noise Atrocities

My question to Mikko would be...Why did you post this on the internet instead of trying to resolve it by email with the label?

Pretty fucking shitty if you ask me...if i had a problem with a Freak Animal release i would contact the label first and try to resolve it.....communication is a wonderful thing.

I can also vouch for the credibility of Thomas...why would anyone releasing a well known artist purposely destroy their reputation???

A big news flash here...accidents happen....i sent out 25 copies of a cdr release a year ago with the wrong artist on it...no one is perfect.

FreakAnimalFinland

I have communicated with the label for many mails already. He has made his point, which is most of all ok. So what is my point of posting online?

Well, sorry I didn't see the Thomas message about bad dubs. I didn't notice there is so many mails on this one while I was gone for weekend.
So, apologies for Destructive Industries for my carelessness of not seeing it. It looks like he has things under control.

What comes to defamation or "smear campaing", to put into perspective: it is a classified ad topic of a specific release and message comments it. I would not think public talk of specific product, its quality or experience is "defamation" or being asshole, even if it may be harsh? It can be only speculated would this have been corrected without someone asking about it in public.
What I can say about orders, I did get tapes very quickly from payment.

If Thomas feels like the messages should be erased and his warning about bad dubs is enough, it's possible to do.

But lets leave:

In case of labels, where NO public attempt to inform about situation has made, even when ARTIST has complained about quality of copies to such extent, they chose to send out free CDR's to buyers... why not?

Some say it is asshole behavior to address it public. Why? You see already on other forums were people ask if this release is "ferric" or "high-bias" tape, because they care about the quality. They are not just collecting, but it is really meant for LISTENING.

There are always topics about (old) Hospital tapes. Are dubs good or not. Is the packaging worth the price. If it seems, that quite big % of copies were fucked, and label know it, and chooses NOT to actively work on issue, I don't think I am the asshole by warning that 13$ investment may not be worth it? Even with the advertised "deluxe" packaging, which either is or isn't misleading. Whatever level you set for "deluxe" and idea of piling up many items on picture even if you just get one, heh..

If you are being told this is "rough 80's industrial", people may just settle on what they hear, without knowing it should be actually better. And I'm quite sure this is the case. Many of old PE label dubs are crappy. Think of many of Zero Cabal, Open Wound, Nihilistic Productions, perhaps OLD Filth & Violence... all those tapes used to have bad levels, uneven balances, etc. But should we now settle for it when correcting it is easy? If artists has complained, isn't that sign of something is fucked? If Militia says nothing, one could think this is just as good as best surviving master of their 80's live tape can be?

We see all the time online, someone tries to order from label X and either is being ripped off or gets bad dub. Then he cries. And says nobody told about it. And why not? Because people are busy being best buddies in expense of others. They keep telling how great this guy and label is, how good friends they are. And it doesn't matter, when there is small problem what seems like it isn't solved. Which in end, happens with expense of buyer.

I know Thomas is noise fanatic and supports the scene with his efforts to put out good tapes. And it wasn't his fault that dubbing company fucked. But bottom line remains: so what? Unfortunately reponsibilities of label goes further.

EDIT: and as pointed out by Sky Burial, indeed seems I missed the message just above what shows label is taking action, and by this of course proving to be better than many others who have failed to do so.

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 12, 2010, 10:23:38 AMIf artists has complained, isn't that sign of something is fucked?

This is the reason that any label should see to it that the band gets their copies before anyone else! If there is a problem, it can be rectified before it gets out of hand.

SKY BURIAL

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 12, 2010, 10:23:38 AM
I have communicated with the label for many mails already. He has made his point, which is most of all ok. So what is my point of posting online?

It is:

In case of labels, where NO public attempt to inform about situation has made, even when ARTIST has complained about quality of copies to such extent, they chose to send out free CDR's to buyers... why not?

So you've chosen to make a martyr out of someone who passionately runs a respected label because of one pressing error to prove a point, as a warning to other labels with bad business practices? Defamation comes to mind.

To underline point: label has still not chosen to inform customers or potential customers about the trouble.
I know Thomas is noise fanatic and supports the scene with his efforts to put out good tapes. And it wasn't his fault that dubbing company fucked. But bottom line remains: so what? Unfortunately reponsibilities of label goes further. He is still the guy who sells the product which is getting complaints, but as eagarly as he posts news about stuff being for sale and as eagarly as he posts about the paypal issues he had which affected orders, during last two weeks or so, he has made no attempts to inform people that they should indeed check their copies and say that the lame channel balances, "80's roughness", etc might not be intended sound, but actually dubbing problem?
He might be busy. He might be busy working on solution. He might have new dubs on their way as we speak. We'll see. He has best chances to prove to be the most respectable label. It is most often only seen in case of problem and how the problem is solved.

Really? There's a post in THIS thread posted over a week ago and a post in EVERY SINGLE place he advertised informing people of the issue. Hard to believe that people think he would blow this off. He's doing what he can as fast as he can. Sure, perhaps he is not completely without blame as perhaps the artist should have gotten their copies fist but Thomas did listen to it when it arrived and found no problems with the copy he played. "So what?". So, in the meantime, instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt and some time to rectify the situation let's just shit on him and start a smear campaign?

P-K

smear campaign? ....i'm glad i read it, otherwise i payed 16euro's for a bad dub in a sleeve i wasn't expecting :-/

SKY BURIAL

Quote from: P-K on July 12, 2010, 04:47:13 PM
smear campaign? ....i'm glad i read it, otherwise i payed 16euro's for a bad dub in a sleeve i wasn't expecting :-/

A post from the label regarding the problem was posted the same day as the post which precedes it.

16 Euros? That's over $20. Where do you see it listed for that? It's $7 on the D.I. website.

Pricing of releases in general is a whole other issue. I'm not even touching that subject.

I am only speaking my mind in regards to this whole subject as a character witness. Thomas is one of the most fair, honest and enthusiastic (I guess enthusiasm can sometimes work to one's detriment) people I've ever worked with and I know he is doing what he can at this point. If that's not good enough for some people, so be it. Can't please everyone, but he's trying.

P-K

before Mikko's post i was considering buying 1 from Frank/Militia.... would cost 10euro's + 6euro's postage inside Belgium (he said, i didn't check the rates).........at that momentent he described the quality as "well it's tape but i'll include a cdr burn of the master"

i hesitated, read this topic, never ordered one ....

it's easy : shit happens, people complain, shit get's fixed, everybody happy imho

FreakAnimalFinland

Well, sorry I didn't see the Thomas message about bad dubs. I didn't notice there is so many mails on this one. So, apologies for Destructive Industries for my carelessness. Revised the harsher tone.

DestructiveIndustriesUSA

First of all,  THANK YOU Mikko for the apology. I am working on making this right and won't stop until everyone is happy.

also, THANK YOU to everyone else who supports DI not only in this situation, but also in general. You make this label run and without your support I couldn't do this.

BIG APOLOGIES to Militia and to whom purchased the tape, only to be disappointed. That was not the goal, however, please eject the bad tape from your collection when you receive the new one and please try to enjoy the power of this early recording. I stand by this, as well as everything I release on DI and I have made preparations to assure that this does not occur again with my releases.

ALSO, I should've stated that the releases came with only ONE double-sided insert, so I am sorry I wasn't totally clear on that, guys n' gals. I modified the original post for future viewers.

Thank you all again.

Sincerly,
Thomas Mortigan

Violent Noise Atrocities

Nice to see this is getting resolved...and i do apologize to Mikko if i came off very rough....i have probably known Thomas longer than anyone in this scene has (almost 10 years) and he goes overboard to do a great job on each release, and he will make this correct for anyone who made an order.

fucker just needs to send me my copy when this is all done.

where are the cheesy smiley faces when you need one?