gear setup for noise (pictures)

Started by jesusfaggotchrist, April 05, 2014, 09:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleep of Ages

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on July 19, 2014, 04:54:28 AM
Quote from: tinnitustimulus on July 19, 2014, 12:52:01 AM
loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops loop to loop the loops to more loops

You'll have to forgive me, I just felt compelled.

Hahaha, now I can't read his post anymore...

silentinstinct

sorry for the big picture but was this afternoons setup.

Cementimental

Setup for some outdoor racket with The A Band later this afternoon

Cementimental

Setup for H x CEMENTIMENTAL x MX LX supergroup at ~ZAMZAMREC and A+E~ \NoiseesioN// [labyrinth~sound~exploration] The Island, Bristol 8 Sept 2014. I was half expecting we'd do some kind of more drone/music thing but it was pretty much pop-power electronics :D

Cementimental

Before & after my set last sunday ^__^; I think maybe the harshest I've ever done, I have to do some recordings using this setup (I thiink it all still works...)

Note that I saved the wine and only dropped the most expensive and fragile piece of gear onto the lower shelf rather than the floor, these are the skills that come with experience :D

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

birthdeath

Andrew McIntosh

A drum machine, Zoom MRT-3. Compact and simple.
Shikata ga nai.

Niko

www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

jvaldez

http://i.imgur.com/LgW84XI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1HBLpk2.jpg

month old pictures of a setup at a friend's place.

only things are mine are the guitar (which i'm still modifying),the computer, audio interface & cables. i placed the cd player and tape player near the pickup to amplify the electromagnetic vibrations.

https://soundcloud.com/jonathan_valdez/thu-may-14-2015-18-05-52-gmt-0500-cdt here's a recording i did with the setup. a live recording using my phone and then edited together with a recording i did running the signal into max/msp.

pentd

cementimental still got the brush!!

Cementimental

Yep the brush is still going strong :)

Cementimental

No need for any clever effects, just clean boost and more clean boost and optional Rat clone (tho that almost seems like cheating) thru tube drive/preamp. Actually sounds pretty immense with just the 2ube on it's own. Yet to successfully do much with this setup, gigs i've brought it to so far have been unsatisfactory sound-wise so far alas and haven't done it justice. :-/ I need to just record it loud thru a bass amp onto tape some time soon.

Cementimental

QuoteHello Mr. Cementimental, I noticed in one of your pics you have a Korg Monotron that looks like it was cracked open and bent, What did you do to it and what was the overall effect of doing this? I love monotrons, i think they are fun and cool little toys that could have a bit more potential. I know nothing about modding things but would like to start..thanx!
I've got the original monotron and the duo but yet to circuitbend them so maybe it was something else you saw/someone else's gear in one of my shots? Not sure... Anyway monotron mods are very well documented on various sites  + they can be turned into a much more advanced synth (i've even seen them made into semi-modular kind of things which is probably what i'll try)... It's more of a 'theory' modification thing than a good random circuitbending target, digital keyboards etc are better for that..