Special Interest
June 19, 2018, 01:12:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145]
  Print  
Author Topic: General butthurt & pc faggotry etc  (Read 364524 times)
Theodore
user

« Reply #2160 on: June 15, 2018, 02:26:08 AM »

One more racist is finally uncovered ! https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277

In them, he makes sweeping and negative generalisations, for example calling the Chinese "industrious, filthy, obtuse people".

“ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες”
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #2161 on: June 17, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »

Gays & Guns:

https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/gay-americans-are-arming-themselves-to-stay-alive/

Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #2162 on: June 18, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »

Identity politics fits in pretty well with the whole consumerist mentality, as far as I can see. New identities, new markets, new opportunities, new commodities. It's the only way of thinking for a lot of younger people, no matter how they define themselves politically. When you're whole upbringing is about defining yourself on social media by what crap you buy and own, even if that crap is opinions (ideas and opinions are the current economy), there's really not a lot of other options.
This stuff is amazing [to me].  If someone is looking for how different things are from now and pre-internent, they needn't look any further.  I attempt to say this with no judgment, either.  As you said, not only do they know no differently, but since everything central to their lives is based on marketing and algorithm manipulations, it's literally difficult for them to even comprehend any ideas outside of these things.  When asked about what a "sell out" is, the concept made zero sense to them.  "Can you explain that again?  We don't understand."  Or asked if it is OK if every youtube video they watch is sponsored by a company or geared towards selling something?  They see absolutely nothing wrong with it.  It isn't even just about capitalism, career/being successful, hustling, etc.  It's much deeper and ingrained than any of that can explain.  When you're being sold to, marketed, and manipulated every second of the day, it's a very different animal.  Fucking phones.  I personally find it difficult to relate because my entire being isn't inside that bubble.  Brain scan studies are necessary for me to begin to wrap my head around it all.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145]
  Print  

Jump to: